NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-14-2020, 05:10 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch7999 View Post
Perhaps you've misidentified the gunman...
Maybe he was on the grassy knoll

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 08-14-2020, 05:31 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfast View Post
I feel your pain. I have a priority package from Heritage that has been in the void since Aug 5. Frustrating
Update:

File missing mail claim Aug 13 in the morning after not seeing any update for priority package since arrival in Coppell TX on Aug 5.

8hrs later it is scanned in to hub in Maryland.
Next day item is delivered

Sooooo file missing mail claim if something is MIA...can’t hurt.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:02 PM
Dave Carson

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
Here you go.

A single card from Greg Morris cards

Shipped first class sure in the small bubble envelope they typically use

Stuck on LA since July 15.
Update - card arrived in suburban Indianapolis on August 14.

Two days after Greg Morris Cards refunded me on the basis that the package was lost.

Working with GMC to get them paid for the card. They were very helpful throughout, just not much they can do given the current state of USPS.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:54 AM
Rob

How do you re-pay someone on ebay after they've refunded you? I was in a similar situation (Item was lost then appeared at my door a couple weeks later) a couple months ago and couldn't figure it out so I stealthily sent them my email address and we completed the payment via F&F. Would've done it the "correct" way if they made it a little more easy to figure out.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:39 AM
Dave Carson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
How do you re-pay someone on ebay after they've refunded you? I was in a similar situation (Item was lost then appeared at my door a couple weeks later) a couple months ago and couldn't figure it out so I stealthily sent them my email address and we completed the payment via F&F. Would've done it the "correct" way if they made it a little more easy to figure out.
They asked me to send them payment through PayPal to their account.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:40 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
There's not a way to initiate repayment through eBay that I know of. There is a way to appeal a case ruled in the buyer's favor by eBay on a severely delayed package if you later have tracking info that shows it as delivered. In that case though, I suspect eBay would cover the sale amount themselves in most cases rather than going after the buyer for payment a second time. Or simply deny the appeal. I did find out the hard way recently that if you voluntarily refund a buyer on a delayed package rather than waiting on eBay to force the refund, there is no way to appeal your own decision to voluntarily send a refund, even if the package finally turns up.

So unless you're in that situation where eBay ruled against you, reaching out to the seller to resolve it directly as you did is really the only way. And if you're the seller reaching out to the buyer, just hope that they are reasonable.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:43 AM
Mikeknapp

I purchased a game used bat on ebay. Per the tracking number it was to have arrived last Saturday. The seller shipped it from SCHAUMBURG IL on August 12th. Today it arrived in Elk Grove Village IL. It has taken 9 days to travel travel 170 miles. I paid $17.00 for shipping. I understand that a small parcel may fall through the cracks but a baseball bat is not even remotely in the same catagory.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 08-21-2020, 10:01 AM
D@ve R1cks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
I purchased a game used bat on ebay. Per the tracking number it was to have arrived last Saturday. The seller shipped it from SCHAUMBURG IL on August 12th. Today it arrived in Elk Grove Village IL. It has taken 9 days to travel travel 170 miles. I paid $17.00 for shipping. I understand that a small parcel may fall through the cracks but a baseball bat is not even remotely in the same catagory.
You don't understand USPS then. Whether it's a small letter, or a bat, they can and do routinely misplace/misroute packages, and the probelm is getting much worse. You paid 17.00 for shipping? Be glad the parcel isn't lost, and is still scanning/moving. That's more than many others are getting.
Old 09-05-2020, 12:42 PM
Wayne V

Default Much better lately

Maybe it's just me, and maybe I've just been lucky, but it seems the Postal Service has been much better the last couple of weeks. First Class and Priority have been arriving in 2 to 3 days, as it used to.
When the Post Office does well, we should acknowledge it, because we will definitely moan when it doesn't.
Old 09-05-2020, 01:15 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Credit card companies

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
Sent a check to pay for my credit card and it never arrived. I talked with the credit card company and they waived the late payment fees and interest fees. Now I have to stop payment on the check which was sent 6 weeks ago, this will cost me $ 28.
When I was with the PO, one of our biggest problems was checks that were sent to credit card companies. These companies receive 10's of thousands of checks every day, and they seem to have problems handling the volume of letters and checks. We had constant complaints about credit card companies, even with payments that were sent by Certified Mail and required a signature. The companies would receive the letters but it would be several days before they processed them.

I think they are doing this on purpose so they can make more money on interest and late fees.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 09-05-2020, 07:18 PM
H Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonballsun View Post
Maybe it's just me, and maybe I've just been lucky, but it seems the Postal Service has been much better the last couple of weeks. First Class and Priority have been arriving in 2 to 3 days, as it used to.
When the Post Office does well, we should acknowledge it, because we will definitely moan when it doesn't.
Don`t want to jinx myself but same here. For the last 2 months every package sent or mailed to me has been on time or EARLY. My mail service has never been better, hope it stays that way.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:05 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
When I was with the PO, one of our biggest problems was checks that were sent to credit card companies. These companies receive 10's of thousands of checks every day, and they seem to have problems handling the volume of letters and checks. We had constant complaints about credit card companies, even with payments that were sent by Certified Mail and required a signature. The companies would receive the letters but it would be several days before they processed them.

I think they are doing this on purpose so they can make more money on interest and late fees.
My favorite from when I was doing Ebay was a guy who bought something and after about a month asked where it was.
His check had never arrived, and I'd pretty much just written it off as a non payer. But couldn't be bothered to report it for a sale that was probably around $5.
He said he'd send out a second check, and if the other one showed up in the meantime I'd send it back with the card.
New check somehow arrives! In a reused Utility company reply envelope, complete with pre-printed address barcode.
I told him that was probably why the other one didn't get to me explaining about the barcode... and that he might want to check with the power company.
Sure enough they had received it weeks before and were eventually going to call him for an explanation.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:49 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

I've had an insured package I sent ( value of $1000 ) missing with no tracking info since August 17th!!

Spoke to the local Postmaster twice where it was out for delivery then supposedly forwarded to a different address. Crickets since.

Just got the below notice I have no idea if they are doing the things mentioned or I have to.

They say things like "the next step we could do" and
"An online inquiry can be submitted"

So did they do the next step or submit an inquiry?? I have no clue after reading the email. See:

Subject line: Your USPS Service Request #14582648 Has Been Resolved! ( has it???) my words

Dear Fred M,

This is in response to your inquiry regarding the delivery of a package. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

The Postal Service is aware of the frustration and disappointment caused when we do not live up to our commitment of safe and reliable mail service.

I have emailed the post office of the forwarding address. They did not recall seeing the package, but are on the lookout for it.

Alternately, the next step we could do would be a mail recovery search. When mail items are found during our processing operations, they are collected in the "loose‑in‑the‑mail" section of the Post Office. The item(s) are held for seven (7) days pending a match with a sender or an addressee. However, at times no match occurs. Sometimes an item will find its way to the Mail Recover Center (MRC) in Atlanta, GA. Items of value will be held at the in MRC for 90 days.

An online inquiry can be submitted on your behalf for letters, flats, or parcels containing important original documents or items valued at $25 or more. Once an electronic Search Form is completed, it goes directly to the MRC Inventory database in Atlanta, GA at 12:01 a.m., where the system will begin searching the Mail Recovery Center Search and Inventory System for a match. If a match is found immediately, the system will alert the MRC staff and notify you via email or letter. The mail piece will be returned or forwarded as requested.

If an immediate match is not found, the Search and Inventory System will continue to look for the item until a match is made or the retention period expires. The system will also send periodic notifications of the status of the search. If the system is unable to match the search, final notification will be sent to you.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this matter with you. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Sincerely,

Gary

Supv Customer Services
Old 09-06-2020, 07:01 AM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Heads up,.......UPS Surepost is anything but "sure" right now due to the USPS debacle. Smaller values can be tracked, but not insured so it's risky.
Old 09-06-2020, 07:11 AM
Wayne V

Default Missing package

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
I've had an insured package I sent ( value of $1000 ) missing with no tracking info since August 17th!!

Spoke to the local Postmaster twice where it was out for delivery then supposedly forwarded to a different address. Crickets since.

Just got the below notice I have no idea if they are doing the things mentioned or I have to.

They say things like "the next step we could do" and
"An online inquiry can be submitted"

So did they do the next step or submit an inquiry?? I have no clue after reading the email. See:

Subject line: Your USPS Service Request #14582648 Has Been Resolved! ( has it???) my words

Dear Fred M,

This is in response to your inquiry regarding the delivery of a package. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

The Postal Service is aware of the frustration and disappointment caused when we do not live up to our commitment of safe and reliable mail service.

I have emailed the post office of the forwarding address. They did not recall seeing the package, but are on the lookout for it.

Alternately, the next step we could do would be a mail recovery search. When mail items are found during our processing operations, they are collected in the "loose‑in‑the‑mail" section of the Post Office. The item(s) are held for seven (7) days pending a match with a sender or an addressee. However, at times no match occurs. Sometimes an item will find its way to the Mail Recover Center (MRC) in Atlanta, GA. Items of value will be held at the in MRC for 90 days.

An online inquiry can be submitted on your behalf for letters, flats, or parcels containing important original documents or items valued at $25 or more. Once an electronic Search Form is completed, it goes directly to the MRC Inventory database in Atlanta, GA at 12:01 a.m., where the system will begin searching the Mail Recovery Center Search and Inventory System for a match. If a match is found immediately, the system will alert the MRC staff and notify you via email or letter. The mail piece will be returned or forwarded as requested.

If an immediate match is not found, the Search and Inventory System will continue to look for the item until a match is made or the retention period expires. The system will also send periodic notifications of the status of the search. If the system is unable to match the search, final notification will be sent to you.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this matter with you. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Sincerely,

Gary

Supv Customer Services
Hope your package shows up, Fred. A hit of $1000 would be hard to take.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:28 PM
Jay Shumsky

Lately, I have had both good and bad experiences with USPS. A card I won on eBay 2 weeks ago took 8 days to arrive in NJ from Florida, and for 4 days, all the tracking said was "In transit". However, I just sent something priority mail from NJ to WA. I dropped it off at the post office on Thursday just before 5:00 PM, and it was delivered in WA around 10:00 AM on Saturday which I couldn't believe.
Old 10-06-2020, 05:35 PM
Jeff Weisenberg

Default US Mail package THIS IS SLOW!

After reading many of these threads I had to post the tracking for this package. I know it is long but so was the trip. July 28 - Oct 5 In a black hole somewhere. Thanks, Jeff W

DELIVERED, IN/AT MAILBOX

October 6, 2020 - 3:15 PM

MEMPHIS, TN 38120

OUT FOR DELIVERY

October 6, 2020 - 7:49 AM

MEMPHIS, TN 38120

ARRIVED AT POST OFFICE

October 6, 2020 - 7:38 AM

MEMPHIS, TN 38119

ARRIVED AT USPS FACILITY

October 6, 2020 - 7:04 AM

MEMPHIS, TN 38119

DEPARTED USPS REGIONAL FACILITY

October 6, 2020 - 6:26 AM

MEMPHIS TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER

ARRIVED AT USPS FACILITY

October 6, 2020 - 6:00 AM

MEMPHIS, TN 38106

October 6, 2020 - 2:30 AM

MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

ARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL DESTINATION FACILITY

October 5, 2020 - 11:11 AM

MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

IN TRANSIT TO NEXT FACILITY

July 28, 2020 - 12:00 AM

ARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL FACILITY

July 24, 2020 - 5:10 AM

JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

July 24, 2020 - 2:09 AM

SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

July 24, 2020 - 12:55 AM

SHREWSBURY MA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

ARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL ORIGIN FACILITY

July 23, 2020 - 8:07 PM

SHREWSBURY MA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM

July 23, 2020 - 5:06 PM

NORTHBOROUGH, MA 01532

PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT TO USPS, USPS AWAITING ITEM

July 23, 2020 - 12:00 AM

PRINTED

July 23, 2020 - 4:22 PM

Old 10-06-2020, 07:46 PM
Dave

I have a card trade with someone on a different site. I gave him my address which is right near Boston. His post branch told him he that needed a second address to send it to. The 2nd address I gave him didn't work either. I asked him to try a different post office and send it to my parents house at a 3rd address. We'll see.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:06 PM
J0hn Collin$

Since the beginning of COVID in late March or so, I have seen a slight decline in the speed with which regular First Class packages get delivered. Priority seems to be ok / fast - with some of the packages I send out still arriving before their due dates. Normally First Class from the northeast (NY, PA, MA, etc). coming to me here in NC can be counted on to be either on-time or early - but this has not really been true since the pandemic. I had a Juan Marichal RC from PA disappear for a week, only to show back up on tracking like 4 days after it was supposed to be delivered.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:30 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

I’ve only been shipping Priority Express over the last few months.

$25ish cost...1-2 day service pretty much anywhere in the US. Had no issues with arrival times.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:57 AM
Justin

Interesting story on USPS false scanning practices.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md....co/TkjDOuCaMU

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2020, 10:05 AM
Robert Klevens

A few years ago I sent an overnight express to a friend in California. It was guaranteed by 12 noon. I was on the phone with him at 12:20 when the driver gave it to him. I checked the tracking and it showed delivered at 11:59am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcosta19 View Post
Interesting story on USPS false scanning practices.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md....co/TkjDOuCaMU

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk