NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-31-2023, 08:53 PM

Default Any issues with what’s authenticated program?

I just had an item rejected, was shocked since it’s in an sgc holder and looks good. Anyone have issues like this?
Old 05-31-2023, 08:56 PM
Peter Spaeth

The biggest issue I've seen is with oversize, oddball cards, they seem very inconsistent with what they will authenticate and what they will claim was listed wrong and just send it along to the buyer unauthenticated.

I also had a situation where they just threw a card they wouldn't authenticate because it was oversize into a bubble mailer and it got crushed in shipping.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-31-2023, 09:12 PM

Default That’s crazy

Mine was a t206 in an sgc A holder. Very out of the blue
Old 06-01-2023, 05:39 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

It might have something to do with your eBay description or possibly you placed in wrong category.

Had the same thing happen to me when I accidently placed a card in the wrong category. It also was in an SGC holder but it was rejected because of the wrong category.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 06-01-2023, 06:59 AM

Default Looks good

I checked and it looks fine. It was the sgc authenticc Walsh t206 that sold a few days bsck
Old 06-01-2023, 07:29 AM
J0hn Collin$

Default Any issues with what’s authenticated program?

This is what sometimes happens with disconnect / getting lost in the shuffle because eBay continually refuses to pony up and bring in-house experts in who are knowledgeable about cards and collectibles. Things are bound to occasionally fall off the conveyor belt in the constant-waves-of-re-authentication model that they have setup instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by jchcollins; 06-01-2023 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-01-2023, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward1994 View Post
I checked and it looks fine. It was the sgc authenticc Walsh t206 that sold a few days bsck
Is it possible that Ebay wants you to define the alteration since SGC didn't?
Old 06-01-2023, 09:46 AM
Sonny Smith

Looking at the eBay listing, it is not specified as being "graded" in the item specifics so it would have went to CSG for raw card authentication. And it would be rejected there since it is not a raw card.
Old 06-02-2023, 09:15 AM

Default Link

Link to the Seller's post in BST -

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=336166

So apparently the card wasn't there - it wasn't that a graded card didn't pass authentication.
Old 06-02-2023, 09:21 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Link to the Seller's post in BST -

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=336166

So apparently the card wasn't there - it wasn't that a graded card didn't pass authentication.
Hopefully the post gets moved to the correct section. Also wondering why what actually happened wasn't disclosed in this thread.
Old 06-02-2023, 09:57 AM
Jeremy K

Default Authentication program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward1994 View Post
I just had an item rejected, was shocked since it’s in an sgc holder and looks good. Anyone have issues like this?
If you list a graded/encapsulated card and do a "Sell on like this" to save time you have to be very careful with regard to the item specifics. Often there can be details that the creator of the listing put in that do not apply to your card. Ebay will bounce a perfectly fine card back to you if it does not match those specifics. Scroll *all the way down* and check every option/category as even a single piece of errant information will cause the card to fail when it is otherwise fine.
Old 06-02-2023, 11:23 AM

Default Great Timesaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by balltrash View Post
If you list a graded/encapsulated card and do a "Sell on like this" to save time you have to be very careful with regard to the item specifics. Often there can be details that the creator of the listing put in that do not apply to your card. Ebay will bounce a perfectly fine card back to you if it does not match those specifics. Scroll *all the way down* and check every option/category as even a single piece of errant information will cause the card to fail when it is otherwise fine.
'' "Sell one like this" saves a lot of time if you're listing a lot of auctions which have a lot of " sold/completed" comps to view and use as a well-crafted template ( Someone else did all the heavy lifting for you.). But NB: carefully word your own listing's Title so that it won't need to be sent to California first , even if the final hammer is over that magic $250.00.