NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-16-2019, 06:32 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Default Anyone else feel the same way?

Since this alteration/trimming/fraud scandal broke in late May I have totally lost interest in collecting. I used to look forward to taking an hour or two each day to look at the major auction offerings, ebay listing of t206's, net 54 bst, etc. This fiasco has just ruined it for me. I haven't purchased a card in 2 months. I still visit this site but not nearly as much, I simply don't care much if at all anymore. I think I'll just focus on golf from now on. Anyone else feel the same?
Old 07-16-2019, 06:40 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Yes exactly the same...I sold 90% of my stuff.....put the big stuff away and will just enjoy the people I’ve met over the years...may great experiences and fun times the hobby brought me in the past....that’s what I’ll remember and cherish not so much the cards.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:41 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

No
Old 07-16-2019, 06:41 PM
pete ullman

I had really slowed down in my purchasing the last few years as my focus is pretty narrow these days. I have been casually checking out Auctions the last few years but have not been terribly aggressive in anyway.

But I totally feel the same way! To me the essence of the hobby has been forever bastardised.

So I have returned to my childhood collecting Ways...I now have a binder of Yankees and a binder of Hall of Famer‘s. Im happy!
Old 07-16-2019, 06:49 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
Since this alteration/trimming/fraud scandal broke in late May I have totally lost interest in collecting. I used to look forward to taking an hour or two each day to look at the major auction offerings, ebay listing of t206's, net 54 bst, etc. This fiasco has just ruined it for me. I haven't purchased a card in 2 months. I still visit this site but not nearly as much, I simply don't care much if at all anymore. I think I'll just focus on golf from now on. Anyone else feel the same?
Yes! I don't think I've bought a card since then either.
In fact, I've sold off a lot of duplicates. I'm finding other areas to put my money. I'll probably come back to collecting, but I'm going to take a long break.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:51 PM
Peter Spaeth

While I wait I am working on expanding my 80s and 90s rookies down to the next level of not quite good enough for the Hall lol. Not too worried on these purchases. Rolen (well maybe some day), Edmonds, Cone, players of that ilk.

I haven't lost enthusiasm for cards yet. But my hatred of the fraudsters, and honestly to some extent my bad feelings towards some of the people who defended them for years, have if anything grown.

I still think one can separate cards from the fraudsters, though it's not easy.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-16-2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:55 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

Opposite for me. Since the scandal I've ditched graded, gone raw, and have a lot more fun (and money). Bought a bunch of unikeep binders and pages.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:56 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

The name of this is thread could appropriately changed to

ENNUI?

Starting to downsize in preparation for my RIP condolence thread, but don’t get your hopes up. I may be around for twenty more years.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 07-16-2019 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:59 PM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Unfortunately I feel exactly the same way. I bought one $30 card on a stink bid last week and that was the first purchase since this whole scandal broke. I do not go onto eBay on a (virtually) daily basis any longer; perhaps once per week.

I too am thinking more and more about golf, and have used some funds to upgrade a few clubs for my wife and I. It saddens me somewhat, but it is a little liberating in a funny way.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:03 PM
Ben North

I haven't really changed much but my focus. I have been on a Wade Boggs bat kick for a while now thanks to Sean(JoeDfan). Also got into Eddie Mathews because Sean and I teamed up on a group of bats and I got the Eddie Mathews. Then I realized how great he was as a player so been adding some of his cards to my hoard.

Really need to greatly reduce the insane size of my collection that I have accumulated over the last 35 years. I am a hoarder and a procrastinator so not much has changed there.

Since day one I have considered PSA a scam. I have avoided PWCC and several other scammers for years. So this latest little bump in the road has had little to no affect on me or my collecting at all.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethius88 View Post
No
+1

However, I have lost all interest in/for PWCC and anything ever sold by them (as can be determined thanks, to among other things, VCP)

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 07-16-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:18 PM
Ben Caraher

Although I'm certainly upset with all of the scandalous activity that is being exposed in the hobby, I am what you might consider a "low end" collector; most of the cards I'm after are not really worth altering. For the most part, I actively avoid graded cards in general, let alone "gem mint" cards, so my collecting habits are essentially unaffected. However, the high end cards that I have always drooled over but could never afford seem much less appealing now. I'm sure if I was, shall we say, of higher economic status, my collection would be much different and my outlook on the hobby would be greatly affected.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:20 PM
John

Yes. Lost enthusiasm for cards, haven't bought one since this broke. Not ready to sell yet although I have thought about it.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:26 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

I wouldn't say I've lost all interest, but it's definitely waned. There were two snipes I set in the past week, on GavelSnipe as fate would have it, so they weren't executed anyway. I used to set about 25 snipes just for the PWCC auctions.

Last edited by darwinbulldog; 07-16-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:31 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

I've become a lot more cautious, (Earlier this year I passed on a card I needed for my project because it was authenticated by JSA. When other collectors I asked didn't feel comfortable with it, I let it go.) but I am still very involved and still check here/eBay/Mickey's/SCN frequently for new listings.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:42 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Just utilizing BST for the most part...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:44 PM
John D.

I have also stopped. I have not lost interest but instead shifted to working on a 91 Desert Shield set. I never bought from PWCC. I am more of an in person buyer at shows and on Net54 but many times I end up with a card that at one time went through PWCC. I'm actually waiting, maybe dreaming, for when there is a comprehensive list of altered cards that will be out there.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:46 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

No it hasn't. Being almost exclusively a Mets collector, I already own most every Mets card, outside of some of the true rarities. The scandal hasn't affected me at all.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:54 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

No
Old 07-16-2019, 08:12 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Not at all. I love cards. I'll always collect them and this will hopefully bring some of the prices down again so I can afford some better names again. I'm not in it for the money, just the cards. And mine are beaters, whether raw or graded. So my response to your question is no. I still love cards.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 07-16-2019, 08:16 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Well.....

I have had a "problem" with PSA for a long time in that I have seen how inconsistent their grading was - so I rarely if ever chased a card because of the holder it was in. That said, the recently uncovered information brings it to a whole new level! So, yeah, I am a bit disheartened and have backed off a bit - tossed the last couple of auction catalogs I got without opening them. I have purchased a couple of cards from PWCC in the past and consigned with them - sadly including a submission right before the story broke. Will not be doing business there again. Will still be collecting as I was before PSA and PWCC existed, just being much more cautious with any larger purchases in light of the scandal.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:22 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Nope,

While I haven't bought much recently I plan to, hoping to see some nice Fall auctions. Wouldn't mind some lower prices too when I'm buying!

I'm still recovering from my Ty Cobb RC purchases
Old 07-16-2019, 08:29 PM
Eric
Eric

Still buying. Just narrowing the focus.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:29 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Hobby

I am more disenchanted with the people than the scandals. I have found most of the “high level” collectors to be pretty petty and selfish. Typical I suppose in all the hobbies. Nonetheless my days doing this are numbered but trying to hang on.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:31 PM
Scott S

I love collecting way too much for this scandal to pull me away from it. But it has served to re-reinforce the ‘buy the card not the holder’ motto.

There are a few cards in Heritage I am really looking to add - I certainly looked a bit closer at cards and a bit less accepting of what the flip says. But I am ready to spend to add to my collection and wouldn’t be upset if this meant slightly lower prices. Going forward, though I don’t expect any dramatic dip.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:42 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

I actually feel like business has picked up for me.

Do any other sellers feel that way?

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 07-16-2019, 08:45 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I've always had "- PWCC" in every single ebay search (plus Dean's, Probstein and Burbank) I do, so I have never had to deal directly with their crapstorm. Doesn't protect me 100% from bad cards (Maybe they sold them to people I eventually bought them from? Dunno. Hope not.), but as a pretty small money collector, I still love the heck out of collecting cards, because it allows me to live in the past and not have to deal with how ridiculous my 2019 Mets are.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:45 PM
M!ke S@ilŁr

I’m most likely done with vintage. I’ll probably keep what I have. I actually found myself buying some modern cards for the first time in many years. There are a few more options besides Topps, Fleer, and Donruss now.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:49 PM

I keep collecting, but eBay has gone down in selection and the prices....... As for auctions outside of eBay, I am seeing some auctions which have very few pre-WWII cards compared to the past. Obviously Heritage is one of the exceptions. After nearly 47 years of collecting with the last 30 being almost completely pre-war it is hard to put on the brakes.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:56 PM
Peter Spaeth

There are many aspects to this, but one of the worst is the stress these bastards have caused --without giving a damn -- to decent people just trying to enjoy a hobby or to invest in something they like or run an honest business. If the government doesn't take some real action here, and seek to punish people, it's going to be a shame.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-16-2019 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:01 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
As someone I respect and have traded with, you hit the nail on the head for me as well.

I look at raw cards if any. I have purchased less than $100 after it all hit me what's been going on. I replaced fake cards with money clips.

I have been on a mission. I've picked up a few fake 14k gold coin money clips the past month. Just as bad as baseballs cards as an investment. I'm sick sick sick, but you already knew that.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:18 PM
Brian K

Like some others on the board, I collect low end, thrashed cards. I subscribe to PSA grading more for the encapsulation than the validation of the grades. I have done well on some purchases that by "market value" standards I have turned a profit, not that I would sell. I finished 3 sets that have taken me a good couple of years to acquire, all low grade, and now I am focused on 1940 Superman cards, because I love the artwork on them. I don't spend big money on cards, and I buy what catches my eye, all vintage, mostly raw.

When I was putting together my leaf set, I remember several times wondering how PWCC was getting all of those high grade cards, as I was buying my pin hole, dog chewed, trimmed by a 4 year old cards. There are crooked people looking to make a profit, off everything, not just cards, it is in every aspect of the world we live in. I see it for what it is, and continue to buy the things that bring me joy.

All that being said, a couple of years back, damn near 10 years ago, I put together a 1914 and 1915 cracker jack set with my father in law. A lot of the footwork was done on this board, and it is a bummer to hear that there are a bunch of collectors who have been turned off by the actions of a couple of crooks aka the state of the industry. I always enjoyed working with, and putting deals together with the members of this community, and hope that if you are gone now, you aren't gone for good. The people, and their stories, are just as valuable as the cards and in many ways make the hobby stronger, this too shall pass.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:19 PM
Tim Newcomb

Default What Andy said

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
Not at all. I love cards. I'll always collect them and this will hopefully bring some of the prices down again so I can afford some better names again. I'm not in it for the money, just the cards. And mine are beaters, whether raw or graded. So my response to your question is no. I still love cards.
Describes me perfectly.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:02 PM
Garth Guibord

I'm curious if anyone who does feel the same way, that recent revelations have ruined things, could go deeper as to what has changed. I ask, in part, because while the revelations are dramatic, trimming, recoloring, etc. are not at all new; these types of scammers and bad actors have had a presence in the hobby for a long, long time.
The revelations are shocking and I am still frustrated that we have to deal with card doctors and this type of bad behavior. But perhaps what is even more frustrating is how PWCC has not seemed to lose much business despite the revelations. It's like a restaurant that people discover is serving rat meat instead of hamburgers, all while adding RoundUp and spitting on them before giving them to people. And yet customers still line up...
Anyway, I'm not going to let a few bad actors ruin my fun in the hobby. But my collecting goals are modest (to say the least) and my philosophy with buying any card is that I will make the purchase if I am ok with it losing all it's value and I can still enjoy it.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:11 PM
Garth Guibord

Not sure if a similar joke was made elsewhere, but I think a new sticker for slabbed cards is more than appropriate, indicating a card's provenance does not include a sale through a suspicious auction house/seller. It would be "Not Of PWCC Or Other Pernicious-Purveyors," or the acronym: No Poop. Who wouldn't want a slabbed card bearing the 'No Poop' sticker?!
Old 07-16-2019, 11:44 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post
I'm curious if anyone who does feel the same way, that recent revelations have ruined things, could go deeper as to what has changed .
There will always be people who alter cards. That's not going away. I trusted PSA to catch it and they failed. PWCC bought cards that were later altered. They worked with Gary Moser. Brent shilled auctions. Bobby Binder of VCP knows the data he sells (Brent's sales prices) is a fraud. He uses alts on various forums to defend himself. I can go on and on. It's a mess and hard to believe they're not all working together somehow. I guess my confidence is shot. I'd rather collect raw and spend the extra money elsewhere.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:20 AM
Dave

Quote:
I feel the same, except for the golf

I'll be fishing.
Successful transactions with: polakoff, Paul S, xplainer, marvymelvin, lordstan, Thromdog, pow323, Golfcollector, OldJudge, frankbmd, kamikidEFFL, jcc6252, sam majors, t206fix, brian29575, bbsports, jfkheat
Old 07-17-2019, 05:31 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULLINS5 View Post
There will always be people who alter cards. That's not going away. I trusted PSA to catch it and they failed. PWCC bought cards that were later altered. They worked with Gary Moser. Brent shilled auctions. Bobby Binder of VCP knows the data he sells (Brent's sales prices) is a fraud. He uses alts on various forums to defend himself. I can go on and on. It's a mess and hard to believe they're not all working together somehow. I guess my confidence is shot. I'd rather collect raw and spend the extra money elsewhere.
One of the "detectives" at BO complained that the new VCP site makes it more difficult to use images there and evidently Bobby did not respond. Bobby also has not responded to questions about why, if as he says advertising revenue is insignificant to him in general and PWCC revenue even less so, why he continues to promote PWCC in light of all that's come to light. Perhaps these are oversights and Bobby will address them.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-17-2019 at 05:31 AM.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:09 AM
Mel Quatt.lebaum

A lot less interest in the hobby but will continue to search Greg Morris Cards for raw set needs and upgrades.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:26 AM
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
One of the "detectives" at BO complained that the new VCP site makes it more difficult to use images there and evidently Bobby did not respond. Bobby also has not responded to questions about why, if as he says advertising revenue is insignificant to him in general and PWCC revenue even less so, why he continues to promote PWCC in light of all that's come to light. Perhaps these are oversights and Bobby will address them.
Interesting that after all these years the "new and improved site" launches now.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:28 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULLINS5 View Post
Totally agree that many players in the hobby seem to be "working" together.
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

I haven't changed at all, just switching some things around. I don't collect anything high grade so it doesn't really change my decision making.

I will say that I kind of raise my eyebrows at the folks who have totally lost interest due to the scandal. Think we have it bad? You should look at art collecting, where fakes are more prominent and tougher to identify, and restorations are applauded!!

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

I think it frees a bunch of us up now. I dont care about $2000 card and am happy with PSA 2 cards etc. PSA means 'authentic' to me instead of a fake card. I also just look for hobby cards now.

If a card looks really nice, touched up or not i buy the card but not for the holder number. PSA A for years can sell for a PSA 1-3 range so now i am freed from paying bigger money as bigger money cards also had a chance to make a profit on but now i dont care about that due to whats going on. I just look for hobby cards now.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-17-2019 at 06:29 AM.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:37 AM
Scott
Scott All.en

I always figured there were mistakes made on graded cards, but I now believe the percentage is MUCH higher than the 1 or 2% I used to assume.

And to make it worse, I'm now questioning the cards I already own that are in PSA holders. This card is a PSA 4. I admit, I bought the 4 not the card. I was at the National, saw it and bought it before I really looked at it. Now I just don't know. It looks funny to me. And now I know I can't trust these guys to catch the most basic card alterations that I foolishly assumed they would pretty much never miss. That's a game changer for me.

So, yes, it has made me even more jaded.

I'm wondering if other people have graded cards that they now look at and wonder.....

IMG_1542a.jpg
Old 07-17-2019, 07:05 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin0511 View Post
Although I'm certainly upset with all of the scandalous activity that is being exposed in the hobby, I am what you might consider a "low end" collector; most of the cards I'm after are not really worth altering. For the most part, I actively avoid graded cards in general, let alone "gem mint" cards, so my collecting habits are essentially unaffected. However, the high end cards that I have always drooled over but could never afford seem much less appealing now. I'm sure if I was, shall we say, of higher economic status, my collection would be much different and my outlook on the hobby would be greatly affected.
+1. My enthusiasm for the way I collect has not dampened; if anything I feel vindicated, like I instinctively chose the right path. I still collect like a twelve year old me when it comes to older cards: perfectly happy with stuff from the dollar box (aka low grade cards) because I get to have more of them and they can be in my easily-enjoyed binders instead of in boxes of slabs. The vast majority of my slabbed cards are those I submitted myself, so no doubts about them. I am very much looking forward to the National.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-17-2019, 07:10 AM

I guess the most surprising thing to me is that this many people collect high grade cards at all. My 1's and 2's are still looking pretty sweet and I'm not losing sleep over any of them.

Why don't you guys buy cards that look 100 years old instead?
Old 07-17-2019, 07:13 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
I've always had "- PWCC" in every single ebay search (plus Dean's, Probstein and Burbank) I do, so I have never had to deal directly with their crapstorm. Doesn't protect me 100% from bad cards (Maybe they sold them to people I eventually bought them from? Dunno. Hope not.), but as a pretty small money collector, I still love the heck out of collecting cards, because it allows me to live in the past and not have to deal with how ridiculous my 2019 Mets are.
Let me slip in a positive word for my LCS, Burbank Sportscards. They don't deserve to be lumped in with the PWCCs and Probsteins of the world: Rob and crew are as nice and honest as you could hope for. Their pricing can be high but they cater to people who want the card quickly and are willing to pay for the infrastructure to deliver it.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-17-2019, 07:15 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
I love baseball and love collecting vintage cards and memorabilia, and realized from the day I got involved in this that there's a lot of shady characters and fraudsters. My love for this stuff is not dependent on some grade assigned by a TPG. So while recent revelations have definitely made me think about sinking big bucks into a small piece of cardboard that someone may or may not have worked over, it hasn't ruined the hobby for me. Just made me a lot more wary.
I have a wall full of framed stuff that makes me happy every single time I look at it.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 07-17-2019 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:20 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I guess the most surprising thing to me is that this many people collect high grade cards at all. My 1's and 2's are still looking pretty sweet and I'm not losing sleep over any of them.

Why don't you guys buy cards that look 100 years old instead?
Because for many collectors there is a rush having something that the best available, 1 of 1 or 1 or 2. Makes it seem extra amazing. Not limited to cards at all. Talk to a comic book collector or someone who collects beany babies, humells, or anything else.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:24 AM

Listen guys, I understand how you all feel and you have every right to be down about this hobby. This is still a great hobby and just because there are a few real bad apples that have committed fraud, should we punish all the honest dealers in this hobby? Absolutely not! I have doing cards for 55 years, 40 of them as a dealer, and I am always careful of what I purchase whether it is privately or on line because I resell to the general public. If I get hurt, the customer gets hurt. People still go to baseball games, even though some players try to get an "edge" by taking drugs. Well, you don't ban collecting cards and going to card shows because some of these cheaters that are hurting the hobby. Hopefully the ones that have been cheating for years, most will get caught & this pass by. However it will take time. Don't give up on this great hobby yet.