NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-19-2022, 12:52 PM
Travis K

Default Trying to find out info on this Dodgers picture montage

Hi all,

I purchased this picture a couple months ago and have so many questions on this. Specifically, I'm not sure what it is (some sort of camera roll?)?

Also, I'm curious about the event these pictures are of. Here is what I know:

- The pic in Column 3 / Row 3 is of Sandy Koufax holding holding his Cy Young award from 1966
- The pic in Column 2 / Row 1 is of Rick Reichart (on the right). I can only make out the last name of the gentleman in the middle: "Nancy" (I can't quite make out the first name, but it looks like "Palo" or something close)
- Rick Reichart is also in the pic on Column 1 Row 1 as well as Column 1 Row 4
- The pic in Column 2 / Row 2 looks like Bill Rigney (left side)

Does anyone know any of the other people portrayed here? Again, I'm also curious about the nature of the event itself. Any help would be greatly appreicated!
Travis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1494.jpg (182.7 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1423 (1).jpg (209.1 KB, 175 views)

Last edited by kemdawg; 09-20-2022 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-19-2022, 01:17 PM

looks to me as if it is a page from a pick you photo type of album.. take the album to the Dodgers after the event and they can order prints of the photos based on the picture number.
Old 09-19-2022, 05:48 PM
Chris Counts

If you make a good scan, you might be able to read a few of those name tags. The only guy that looks familiar to me other than Koufax is Bill Rigney, who was the Angels' manager at the time.
Old 09-19-2022, 06:44 PM
Bobw

Default Contact Sheet

I believe it is a contact sheet....you place the negatives on undeveloped paper, expose it and you can see what the images look like. Usually the images are quite sharp... I used to do it when I had some large format baseball negatives.

Looks like California Angels

#10, 16 Rick Reichardt #12 w/ Rocky Bridges
11, 13, 14 Marcelino Lopez
15 Bill Rigney
17, 18 Bobby Knoop

19 Looks SO SO familiar

Last edited by bobw; 09-19-2022 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Added more names
Old 09-19-2022, 07:52 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobw View Post
I believe it is a contact sheet....you place the negatives on undeveloped paper, expose it and you can see what the images look like. Usually the images are quite sharp... I used to do it when I had some large format baseball negatives.

Looks like California Angels

#10, 16 Rick Reichardt #12 w/ Rocky Bridges
11, 13, 14 Marcelino Lopez
15 Bill Rigney
17, 18 Bobby Knoop

19 Looks SO SO familiar
Agree with Bob above, plus some additions

16 Reichardt with Fred Haney

15 Rigney with Buzzy Bavasi

Knoop with Koufax

19 Jack Spring??
Old 09-19-2022, 08:34 PM
Bobw

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Agree with Bob above, plus some additions

16 Reichardt with Fred Haney

15 Rigney with Buzzy Bavasi

Knoop with Koufax

19 Jack Spring??
Here's a wild thought.....does that look like Steve Dalkowski (without glasses) with Reichardt in #10? Dalkowski was 5'11" and Reichardt was 6'3" and seems to be squatting down in the image. He was in the Angels organization in 1965.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:30 PM
Ed.gar Pim.entel

Interesting thread.

Last edited by EddieP; 09-19-2022 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:30 AM
Travis K

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobw View Post
Here's a wild thought.....does that look like Steve Dalkowski (without glasses) with Reichardt in #10? Dalkowski was 5'11" and Reichardt was 6'3" and seems to be squatting down in the image. He was in the Angels organization in 1965.

It sure does look like Dalkowski from the picture you posted.

I did use my loupe on the name tags and really couldn't make anything out except what I posted originally. However, in picture 15, I can sort of make out some letters on the older gentleman's name tag. His first name is either Bazzle or Buzzie. The last name is harder to make out, but definitely starts with a "B." His last name is six letters in total. My best guess is it starts with "BAV" but can't tell for sure.

I wonder why so many California Angels plus Sandy Koufax? I did buy this photo in a memorabilia shop just outside LA so I think it's safe to say this was an LA event after the 1966 season (again, Koufax is holding the 1966 Cy Young trophy).
Old 09-20-2022, 08:48 AM
Bobw

Default Buzzie Bavasi

"I did use my loupe on the name tags and really couldn't make anything out except what I posted originally. However, in picture 15, I can sort of make out some letters on the older gentleman's name tag. His first name is either Bazzle or Buzzie. The last name is harder to make out, but definitely starts with a "B." His last name is six letters in total. My best guess is it starts with "BAV" but can't tell for sure."

Fred ID'ed him above as Buzzie Bavasi, GM of the Dodgers
Old 09-20-2022, 08:48 AM
Ed.gar Pim.entel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemdawg View Post
It sure does look like Dalkowski from the picture you posted.

I did use my loupe on the name tags and really couldn't make anything out except what I posted originally. However, in picture 15, I can sort of make out some letters on the older gentleman's name tag. His first name is either Bazzle or Buzzie. The last name is harder to make out, but definitely starts with a "B." His last name is six letters in total. My best guess is it starts with "BAV" but can't tell for sure.
To my untrained eye obe of those guys looks like Buzzie Bavasi
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4AA0CE68-E460-4303-9A77-3EED74F72FF2.jpeg (24.0 KB, 109 views)
Old 09-20-2022, 09:58 AM
Travis K

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieP View Post
To my untrained eye obe of those guys looks like Buzzie Bavasi
Yes, I missed that. That looks accurate to me.
Old 09-21-2022, 07:49 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Reichardt is very active on Facebook and could probably provide a great deal of information on this. I would reach out to him and ask as he does talk baseball with fans.
Old 09-25-2022, 11:08 AM
Travis K

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse View Post
Reichardt is very active on Facebook and could probably provide a great deal of information on this. I would reach out to him and ask as he does talk baseball with fans.
This is super helpful. I just reached out to him on Facebook. I'll let you know if/when he responds.