NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 12-27-2023, 09:57 PM
Br1an N0Iff

Default Complete 66 Venezuelan set on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/31504614295...mis&media=COPY

Never seen a full 66 Venezuelan set auctioned before. Curious on the way the cards are shown in the auction. The cards look glued or stuck to the pages, I’m guessing that’s not how they came from the factory but I have never seen wrappers for a Venezuelan pack before. Was looking for some clarity in the description but to no alas! If those cards are indeed glued to a page I would think the seller should disclose that.
Old 12-27-2023, 10:47 PM

Kids glued the cards that were from packs into the albums which was standard practice in Venezuela, albums were issued starting with 1964.
Old 12-28-2023, 06:38 AM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintboy View Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/31504614295...mis&media=COPY

Never seen a full 66 Venezuelan set auctioned before. Curious on the way the cards are shown in the auction. The cards look glued or stuck to the pages, I’m guessing that’s not how they came from the factory but I have never seen wrappers for a Venezuelan pack before. Was looking for some clarity in the description but to no alas! If those cards are indeed glued to a page I would think the seller should disclose that.
Since the seller is Greg Morris Cards, the lack of description is not surprising. However, the title does indicate "in Original Album" so I guess that is some indication they are attached to the album. It definitely could be better.
Old 12-28-2023, 10:55 AM

I can’t imagine that the high end bidders on this album will not already have the knowledge that the album was not originally issued this way and the cards were glued in by a kid fifty seven years ago and all of the cards will have varying degrees of back damage.
Old 12-28-2023, 04:20 PM
Br1an N0Iff

I completely get what you’re saying, but is it that difficult to state that the cards are glued to an album? As a eBay seller is it that hard to be transparent and don’t take shortcuts ?
Old 12-28-2023, 06:58 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
I completely get what you’re saying, but is it that difficult to state that the cards are glued to an album? As a eBay seller is it that hard to be transparent and don’t take shortcuts ?
If you send them a question they will respond.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gorditadogg; 12-28-2023 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-29-2023, 12:25 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Transparency is only expected for some sellers. If they are popular and people like them, they do not have to do what others do and observations not suitable to what is desired will be met with anger.