NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old Today, 08:40 AM
Aaron Rothschild

Default Crazy Uncle Auctions Prevails Over CJDave False Claims

CJDave and Crazy Uncle Actions (CUA) Final Resolution.

It has been a while since I last posted here on Net54 - hopefully the community can understand that I was unable to make any public comments due to the ongoing litigation between myself and CJDave, or David Ostrove.

Dave Ostrove was recently convicted of money laundering and embezzlement by a Suffolk County jury and sentenced to 8 1/3 to 25 years in jail for stealing over $8 million from his employer, the Schecter School of Long Island, a Jewish private school, where he took advantage of his position of trust as the CFO for the past 11 years.

He used this stolen money to live a lavish lifestyle buying luxury cars for himself and his family, purchasing five beach houses on Fire Island NY that he rented out and made over $600k in income, and purchased millions of dollars in memorabilia and coins which he then sold/laundered via the BST section on this site, as well as my company, Crazy Uncle Auctions, and other auction houses. Dave was living this lavish lifestyle while the Schecter School was cutting student programs and struggling to keep the school open.

Dave Ostrove is a professional con artist who practiced his craft for over a decade by lying and cheating children out of the full benefits of their education. To quote New York State Supreme Court Justice John Collins who presiding over his trial and gave him the maximum sentence: “Mr. Ostrove is a charlatan and brazen thief.” Dave used his well-honed con artist skills to write over eighty false posts on this website about me and my company as part of an internet smear campaign to extort money from me and, when I refused to knuckle under, to threaten to destroy me.

Dave Ostrove then used embezzled funds to hire lawyers to sue me in November 2020, making even more outlandish claims than his Net54 posts. He accused me of stealing $1.3 million of his memorabilia, damaging all the consigned items returned to him, and selling items in our last auction under a “reserve” that he concocted. Even though I successfully sold 512 of 760 memorabilia items he consigned and returned the unsold items, Dave fabricated a list of 785 items he accused me of stealing – more than the total of items he ever consigned to me. The math never worked. But that didn’t stop Ostrove and his attorneys. He included over a hundred items on the missing list that I sold in our June 2020 auction and paid him for, and he included duplicate “1/1” items and items which were sold or consigned to other auction houses.

The more information Dave manufactured, the more it became obvious that he was falsifying the documents and that his theft claims were simply not true.

Eventually we moved forward to Arbitration where a panel of three retired judges presided over this dispute between CJDave and me for over three years. During that time, Dave Ostrove avoided answering questions; refused to provide documents, then produced false and fabricated documents; refused to permit our expert to inspect the supposed damaged items until the Panel ordered him to; dropped his damaged items claims; refused to be deposed; took the Fifth Amendment multiple times (mind you he was the plaintiff making the allegations); changed lawyers twice after he was indicted and arrested; and never showed up for the trial of his claims.

On the other hand, I provided the Panel proof there were no missing items as Dave claimed. I proved that Dave had consigned many of the so-called missing items to other auction houses after I returned the unsold items to him in July 2020. I proved his fraud by matching the PSA or SGC serial number on the scans.

In fact, two years after the litigation began, and after he had been arrested for embezzling millions from the Schechter School, Dave was arrested for the second time and charged with 10 additional criminal counts when he was caught trying to sell/consign dozens of memorabilia to a memorabilia store in violation of a forfeiture court order – including many items that I returned and were on the bogus missing list.

Again, I had the scans with the serial PSA / SGC number or JSA certificate that matched these items he was attempting to consign. I was also able to prove that none of the items I returned were damaged with the help of a third-party memorabilia expert, so any posts about CUA leaving items out in the rain was proven false so convincingly that Dave dropped his damage claim rather than face the facts. These are just a few examples of the many facts proving Dave Ostrove’s claims were false which were presented to the panel.

Two days ago, the Panel dismissed Dave Ostrove’s claims with prejudice. The Panel stated that Dave Ostrove’s claims had no basis in fact or in law, and his public posts about me and CUA were “false and defamatory.”

Without a doubt, this was one of the most stressful and distressing experiences I have ever dealt with in my life, and hope none of you ever go through anything close to this. I hope that some of you in the Net54 community remember me as a reputable person who would never steal or do any of the horrible things that Dave falsely accused me of on this board. This hobby has plenty of bad characters and hopefully the resolution of this matter does something to clear my name and expose Dave Ostrove as a lying con artist, thief and money launderer who couldn’t care less about the damage he caused to me and my family.

I also ask Leon if you can permanently ban Dave Ostrove and remove his past posts under Net54 ID: CJDave. Dave has shown no respect for any of its members or to you by trying to sell items purchased with stolen money via the BST board, posted false claims about me and CUA using the Net54 board for his own personal gain, and now is a convicted money launderer and embezzler. Leon, I leave that decision to you, hopefully you agree with me that you do not want people like David Ostrove in the Net54 community.

I do not plan to provide any further comments about this matter and want to move forward with my life. In the spirit of having a picture in every post – here is one that is worth a thousand words.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GLahvo_WAAAnN3F.jpg (194.0 KB, 331 views)
Old Today, 08:52 AM
A.J. Johnson

Wow what a total scumbag. When a POS steals from kids, you know they're bottom of the barrel. Very sorry you had to go through this nightmare and hopefully you fully clear your name.
*Proudest hobby accomplishment: finished the 1914 Cracker Jack set ranked #11 all-time
Old Today, 09:15 AM
Drew W@i$e

What a story, sorry you had to go through all this. Are you still still running that auction?
Old Today, 09:28 AM
Dave

WoW!

What a sociopath. Maybe even a psychopath.

So sorry you went through this.
Old Today, 09:32 AM
Rocky Rockwell

Default Whoa

Man you had a lot of stamina and guts to hold on and prove your case instead of knuckling under and hoping it would all just disappear. He messed with the wrong guy!! Tons of respect for you in seeing it through to the end.
Old Today, 09:36 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Welcome back, and what a nightmare.

Hope you have closure now, and you can leave all that garbage in the past.

Good luck!

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Old Today, 09:39 AM
Mark Arzoumanian

Default I Am Stunned

First, thanks for sharing. I am very sorry you had to go through this and am glad you still have your mental health.
I followed this case when it first was detailed on Net54 and based upon all this stunning news can only conclude that he "used" this young man as a way to "launder" the stolen money from the school. He knew all along it wasn't his money to begin with so by making all these claims and suing he was trying to clean the money IF he won in court. Just stunning. And that poor school. I want to cry. This has all the makings for a 60 Minutes or 20/20 report.
You have the right attitude. Move forward. Life is short. Smell the roses. I wish you nothing but health and peace.
Old Today, 09:46 AM
Dave

Reading that old thread in hindsight is rough. Could only get through the first page so far.

This guy was really creating an alternate universe for himself and everybody else involved in that thread.

Crazy thing is. He's already stealing from the school. Why would he make so much more noise for himself while he's trying to launder it?

There's so much arrogance involved here, it's almost impossible to measure.
Old Today, 09:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Easy decision to immediately ban him. He didn't edit any posts he made as of now, concerning anything written. Generally, deleting posts or threads, is almost never done. Karma....
Old Today, 09:57 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Easy decision to immediately ban him. He didn't edit any posts he made as of now, concerning anything written. Generally, deleting posts or threads, is almost never done. Karma....

Probably the right choice. Evidence of his shittiness should remain.

Be nice if you could put a permanent link to the Newsday article under the banned notice by his name.

....or to any one of the dozens of other similar articles, including more detailed local notices, that can be found by simply Googling his name.

Last edited by D. Bergin; Today at 10:05 AM.
Old Today, 11:01 AM
Ed
Ed DeS.erio

Congrats Aaron in your victory. Great outcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Today, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Probably the right choice. Evidence of his shittiness should remain.

Be nice if you could put a permanent link to the Newsday article under the banned notice by his name.

....or to any one of the dozens of other similar articles, including more detailed local notices, that can be found by simply Googling his name.
Something along the lines of this would be a great idea.

Brian
Old Today, 12:13 PM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Something along the lines of this would be a great idea.

Brian
+2
Old Today, 12:54 PM
Doug Goodman

Default Proof that every post by CJDave was a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Leon -

I respectfully disagree with your decision to not delete all CJDave posts, so I would request that all of the threads started by CJDave be locked.

My full name because I'm speaking ill of a (banned) member.

Doug Goodman

PS - even his "normal" posts were lies. He tried to sell a Roger Clemens stadium giveaway as opening day, when it was actually from the second game of the season.

Last edited by doug.goodman; Today at 12:56 PM.
Old Today, 12:55 PM
Tho.mas L Sau.nders

That was a crazy thing when it was going down in 2020. I know it had to hurt the auction as I remember people being scared away from bidding. I did bid on a few items and won a 1915 Zeenut Fred McMullin card for a steal price...I paid and it was sent to me with no problems very fast.

I know one of Dave's collection areas was 1919 White Sox and I think that card might have been one of his...

Glad you were able to have your day in court and it went they way it should! If you start an auction company back up I will sign up
Old Today, 01:52 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Yeesh, kinda had a weird feeling about that thread and stayed well away. It had the vibe of one side quietly prepping a case and trying not to ruin it and another sounding like a foghorn of distraction while completely avoiding the steps an innocent player would have took.

It is interesting how quickly a Red Scare panic set in to some and others just waited for their stuff.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.