NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 02-22-2023, 04:14 PM
Al Richter

We only arrange for cold snowy weather when you visit
Old 02-23-2023, 06:01 PM
Ronald Glenn

Location: Lake Norman N. Carolina ( New Jersey Born and Raised)

Nothing new here, near 80 at Lake Norman NC today and mid 50's for Saturday with rain
Old 02-23-2023, 06:20 PM
Ben North

We had a nice blizzard yesterday with around a foot and half of snow. It is negative 8 out now and supposed to cool off nicely overnight to a balmy negative 18 by tomorrow morning.
Old 02-24-2023, 06:34 AM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
It was "talked about". That's the goal post now?

Please name one topic that hasn't been "talked about".

One guy, on one committee somewhere, talked about regulating safety features on certain appliances and somehow it becomes a rallying cry of outrage for triggered, pearl-clutching snowflakes everywhere.

See what I did there?

Granted, I think the "outrage" was mostly faux outrage for specifically performative and political purposes. Sadly, it's done it's job, and now I have to read from people who are somehow legitimately outraged, and declaring as a statement of fact that the government is gearing up to come for their stoves.

FYI, the supposed left leaning "Bloomberg", invests heavily in Natural Gas Futures...so it's no surprise they blew that whole "stove ban" bullshit out of proportion back in early January, which has since been given much more context.
More than 50 California cities and counties have banned natural gas hook ups in new buildings. So you can have all the gas stoves you want, just no gas.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 02-24-2023, 06:55 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
More than 50 California cities and counties have banned natural gas hook ups in new buildings. So you can have all the gas stoves you want, just no gas.

Moratorium on new and existing connections for NG here in NY as well. Likley fue to demand...TOO MUCH! They cant run the pipeline from Marcallus to provide

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-24-2023, 08:27 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
What is a blizzard in LA Anthony, a very hard cold rain ?
Al,

The blizzard in LA has been brutal, but the good news is that our unhoused residents are building igloos.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:46 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post

That's moving the goal posts again. Lack of access to infrastructure wasn't the question up for grabs here. Most people in this country don't have access to direct natural gas hook-ups. I have two hundred gallon/lb propane tanks on my property.

Frankly I'm surprised that full neighborhood gas infrastructure is even allowed in earthquake prone areas. In a previous house we had a drunk driver run over our lawn in a giant pick-up truck during extremely wet conditions the day before we left for a vacation. We got a call a few days later from our dog sitter that a gas leak was noticed by a pedestrian walking by our house emanating from that exact same spot, and our front lawn was being dug up by a road crew to patch up the gas line going to our house.

Thank goodness somebody noticed before something much worse happened.
Old 02-24-2023, 09:02 AM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Moratorium on new and existing connections for NG here in NY as well. Likley fue to demand...TOO MUCH! They cant run the pipeline from Marcallus to provide
Here we have all the gas we need, the bureaucrats are banning gas cuz global warming.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 02-24-2023, 09:31 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

80 degress here in GA.
Windows open and fans on and sleep with no blankets and bare underwear.
BUT it is know to snow the following month when this pattern happens.
Old 02-24-2023, 11:30 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
That's moving the goal posts again. Lack of access to infrastructure wasn't the question up for grabs here. Most people in this country don't have access to direct natural gas hook-ups. I have two hundred gallon/lb propane tanks on my property.
Then why would they need to "BAN" it if the infrastructure wasn't there?
People still haven't figured out this agenda is all about control. They'll control the amount of electricity you use. They'll control how much spending/purchases you can do through your carbon credit score. They'll control how often you can charge your EV based on that carbon score. It goes on and on and on. Your own govt, including mine, are trying desperately to implement this as we speak.
I've posted this before. Scroll to the footnotes. And some think the World Economic Forum (WEF) is a conspiracy theory. Again, anyone remember them, the WEF, being discussed anytime with any Liberal politicians at any time, let alone during their campaigns?
Footnotes
footnote[1] Back to paragraph^ This is a rough-order-of-magnitude estimate calculated from about 35 value drivers and hundreds of data points from various sources, including DIACC (Digital ID & Authentication Council of Canada), McKinsey Global Institute and World Economic Forum.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/digital-id-ontario

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...credit-system/
https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-e...-controversial
https://www.naturalgasintel.com/anot...nd-state-code/
https://www.spglobal.com/marketintel...grows-67732585
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/18/u...alifornia.html

Michael Shellenberger, once a climate change/global warming crusader who also had his eyes opened and figured out what the real agenda is behind this scam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hatkGFTPyUE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-yALPEpV4w
Old 02-24-2023, 12:44 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Then why would they need to "BAN" it if the infrastructure wasn't there?
People still haven't figured out this agenda is all about control. They'll control the amount of electricity you use. They'll control how much spending/purchases you can do through your carbon credit score. They'll control how often you can charge your EV based on that carbon score. It goes on and on and on. Your own govt, including mine, are trying desperately to implement this as we speak.
I've posted this before. Scroll to the footnotes. And some think the World Economic Forum (WEF) is a conspiracy theory. Again, anyone remember them, the WEF, being discussed anytime with any Liberal politicians at any time, let alone during their campaigns?
Footnotes
footnote[1] Back to paragraph^ This is a rough-order-of-magnitude estimate calculated from about 35 value drivers and hundreds of data points from various sources, including DIACC (Digital ID & Authentication Council of Canada), McKinsey Global Institute and World Economic Forum.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/digital-id-ontario

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...credit-system/
https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-e...-controversial
https://www.naturalgasintel.com/anot...nd-state-code/
https://www.spglobal.com/marketintel...grows-67732585
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/18/u...alifornia.html

Michael Shellenberger, once a climate change/global warming crusader who also had his eyes opened and figured out what the real agenda is behind this scam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hatkGFTPyUE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-yALPEpV4w

I don't even know what I'm arguing anymore. Get a propane hook-up if you like gas that much and live in the .1 percent of the country that wants to "Ban" gas access in "new" buildings (though it seems like they will still approve them for backup generators, and for commercial purposes)...and also coincidentally, are mostly located in Earthquake zones.

Gas stoves are not being banned. Period.

Meanwhile, back to the non-political . In my neck of the woods, it's a somewhat chilly 29 degrees Fahrenheit, with 17 degree wind chill. It's sunny though, so the sliders are open and the greenhouse is heating up the house, without the propane heater actually having to kick on.

Weird New England weather for us, as it's been a mostly snow-less winter. All the big storms seem to just miss us, or we get rain, instead of snow and ice. We've gotten far more accumulated rain, then we have snow this winter, which is crazy weird. I'm sure we'll get hit by a whopper soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BackyardView23Feb24thIMG_2499.jpg (187.8 KB, 399 views)
File Type: jpg BackyardView23Feb24thIMG_2500.jpg (201.2 KB, 402 views)
Old 02-24-2023, 12:51 PM
Ben North

Quote:
I don't even know what I'm arguing anymore. Get a propane hook-up if you like gas that much and live in the .1 percent of the country that wants to "Ban" gas access in "new" buildings (though it seems like they will still approve them for backup generators, and for commercial purposes)...and also coincidentally, are mostly located in Earthquake zones.

Meanwhile, back to the non-political . In my neck of the woods, it's a somewhat chilly 29 degrees Fahrenheit, with 17 degree wind chill. It's sunny though, so the sliders are open and the greenhouse is heating up the house, without the propane heater actually having to kick on.

Weird New England weather for us, as it's been a mostly snow-less winter. All the big storms seem to just miss us, or we get rain, instead of snow and ice. We've gotten far more accumulated rain, then we have snow this winter, which is crazy weird. I'm sure we'll get hit by a whopper soon.
The dogs laying in the sun taking a nap is awesome.
Old 02-24-2023, 12:56 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
The dogs laying in the sun taking a nap is awesome.

Haha, yeah, they love the sun, and it's the warmest place in the house...for at least the next couple hours or so.
Old 02-25-2023, 09:35 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:

Nice photos
I am just south of you in Long Island, NY definitely weird winter and things keep missing us. This morning it is actually very very light flurries but expected to last only a few hours and no accumulation.
Weirdest part as been the Temps to me. One day high in upper 50’s then next below 20 but then the following days all in 40’s or above and then the following week it seems to do it again.
Makes it nice to get out some weekends to hike and stuff we like to do outdoors in comfortable weather

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 02-25-2023, 10:56 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Nice photos
I am just south of you in Long Island, NY definitely weird winter and things keep missing us. This morning it is actually very very light flurries but expected to last only a few hours and no accumulation.
Weirdest part as been the Temps to me. One day high in upper 50’s then next below 20 but then the following days all in 40’s or above and then the following week it seems to do it again.
Makes it nice to get out some weekends to hike and stuff we like to do outdoors in comfortable weather
Thanks. I gotta thank Long Island for blocking most of the worst weather and hurricanes that come up the coast towards us. Usually slams into Long Island, and then bounces off to the East towards Rhode Island, Cape Cod, etc...

The ones that force their way directly over Long Island, end up being weakened just before they get to us at the southern edge of the Northwest Hills in CT.

Temps have always been wildly fluctuating in this part of New England, but yeah, this year is very weird. Couple weeks ago we had almost -10 one day, and mid to upper 40's the next...and when the "bomb cyclone" hit a little while back, we went from 40's -50's and almost tropical like rain, to a string of below zero Fahrenheit days, almost overnight.

You're right though. It does make for easier hiking with the dogs on the milder days.

Finally got some snow today to. It's on the colder side, so it's sticking to the roads for the first time in awhile to. Not quite a "whopper", but a little bit back to normal for what we're used to this time of year.

View below out the greenhouse, which is definitely running on the propane heater, with no sun out today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BackyardView23Feb24thIMG_2538.jpg (192.2 KB, 389 views)
Old 02-25-2023, 05:52 PM

I know you folks up in the NE are use to the cold, but here in San Diego county we are not.

It's cold (40s or so) and raining/raining/raining. We need it. I'm sure the Colorado River needs it more because that's where we steal all the water from.

Funny thing, turn on the news and the weather crisis for the last couple of days and it's all Southern California. Weather in the 40s here makes the national news. It's got to get -20 before the NE even gets a mention. Why is that?

Also, I'm all electric and will probably remain so until all the EV cars steal all the electricity. I don't have to argue over Natural Gas or Propane. Although I do use a Big Buddy propane heater in my deer stand - does that count?

I love the dog pictures! My 13 year old German Short Hair sleeps all day in her bed. She beginning to snore now that she is older. That's ok, I find it soothing.

Sorry to interrupt the argument about natural gas, I thought the word was flatulence, please continue as it provides relief from the weather!
Old 02-26-2023, 07:23 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
I know you folks up in the NE are use to the cold, but here in San Diego county we are not.

It's cold (40s or so) and raining/raining/raining. We need it. I'm sure the Colorado River needs it more because that's where we steal all the water from.

Funny thing, turn on the news and the weather crisis for the last couple of days and it's all Southern California. Weather in the 40s here makes the national news. It's got to get -20 before the NE even gets a mention. Why is that?

Also, I'm all electric and will probably remain so until all the EV cars steal all the electricity. I don't have to argue over Natural Gas or Propane. Although I do use a Big Buddy propane heater in my deer stand - does that count?

I love the dog pictures! My 13 year old German Short Hair sleeps all day in her bed. She beginning to snore now that she is older. That's ok, I find it soothing.

Sorry to interrupt the argument about natural gas, I thought the word was flatulence, please continue as it provides relief from the weather!
Attached Images
File Type: png Grettaa.png (140.3 KB, 323 views)
Old 02-26-2023, 05:21 PM
Jeff H

Mid to upper 80's today in Orlando. A bit warm for me. Good thing I have early tee times.
Old 03-03-2023, 01:44 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Lots of rain in Cleveland. Through March 1, we've gotten less snow than anytime in the last 50 years. I'll take it.
Old 03-10-2023, 07:21 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Lots of rain in Cleveland. Through March 1, we've gotten less snow than anytime in the last 50 years. I'll take it.
+1 Agreed. In NY State (Long Island) we only got a coating just a week ago and all melted by the afternoon and nothing the rest of the winter. This weekend supposed to get rain/snow mix but nothing that will amount to anything

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 03-10-2023, 08:13 AM
Ben North

We got 5 inches of the fluffy white stuff yesterday.
Old 03-10-2023, 02:41 PM
David M.

This is what it was really like in Southern California unless you were in the mountains.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg I Survived The Blizzard.jpg (128.3 KB, 322 views)
Old 03-10-2023, 03:50 PM
Michael Bales

Snowed 8 inches in SE Wisconsin last night, tomorrow I leave for Arizona for a week. Grumble grumble-the snow will still be waiting for me when I get back.
Old 03-11-2023, 09:57 AM
Tim Odeen

Taken from my kitchen window just now. 3-5 inches came on Friday to Spokane WA area.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 03-13-2023, 04:21 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Now the countdown is on.
No snow most of the winter a week plus ago we got a dusting (That the roads were clear/melted same day)
and now a North Easter with alot of snow potential depending on the path it takes
Will NYC and Long Island Get any and how much

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 03-21-2023, 12:37 PM

Who said "It never Rains in Sunny Southern California"? It has pouring for 24 hours and more to come.
Old 03-21-2023, 04:14 PM
Ben North

Been going back and forth between rain and huge snowflakes all day.
Old 03-28-2023, 08:04 PM
Ben North

We are having a long cold winter. It is supposed to be 7 tonight with a high of 28 tomorrow. Not sure what the normal low is but the radio said the normal high today is 50. The extended forecast doesn't look much better and way below normal.
Old 03-29-2023, 02:18 PM
Jimmy Motz

Hirbonzig - I see you are in Wisconsin, what area.
I also live in Wisconsin (Baraboo bur work in Madison) and this feels like the longest Winter that I can recall.
Madison area had close to a foot of snow this past weekend
Old 03-31-2023, 06:51 AM
Ben North

About to get hit by a nice 10 hour blizzard. The forecast is blizzard conditions from 1pm to 11pm today. Luckily the snow totals are only supposed to be 4-6 inches. The 25 to 30mph winds with expected gusts up to 60 will make for a good day to watch the weather from the couch.
Old 04-04-2023, 08:51 AM
Ben North

Getting another blizzard here today. They called off school for today last night. The high will get up to 32 today and 28 tomorrow. Supposedly by the end of the week the weather will turn from winter conditions to the normal low 50s for highs this time of year.
Old 04-04-2023, 10:08 AM
Ben North

On a funny weather note. My wife last night was worried that the blizzard today was going to dump 17 inches of snow. She said one of her friends sent her a link to either twitter or tik tok that showed a weather map with forecasted amounts.

I laughed and asked if she actually looked at a real forecast. She said no because many of her friends had commented on the post.

It is so beyond insane to me how people will actually blindly believe stuff posted on social media. Our real forecast is 5 to 7 inches but some person found an old forecast photo and posted it as new and many people blindly believed it.
Old 04-05-2023, 05:55 PM
Ben North

Today is supposed to be our last cold day of the year. YEA

The high today was 27 degrees and the expected low is 5 degrees. Our all time record low is 7 degrees so we have a very good chance of setting a record low tonight.

Our average high is 53.4 and average low is 29.8 for today.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:42 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

87º in the D.C. area today. Our second 80º+ day this year. The first one was in February! In the 70's tomorrow so I can still wear a long sleeve shirt when I head into the Probate Clerk's office to get some files.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 04-11-2023, 06:38 PM
Ben North

It hit 90 here today and WOW is that hot. Less than a week ago it was in the 30s. We had over 5 weeks of below average temps every day up until a couple days ago.
Old 04-21-2023, 10:23 AM
Ben North

We have a blizzard going on at the moment.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:32 AM
David M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
We have a blizzard going on at the moment.
Seriously? Wow, late in the season. I knew there were storms going through most of the Midwest, but mostly they were worried about tornadoes and hail.
Old 04-21-2023, 12:28 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasHouseGang View Post
Seriously? Wow, late in the season. I knew there were storms going through most of the Midwest, but mostly they were worried about tornadoes and hail.
There is 25mph wind with gusts to 40. It has been snowing/sleating off and on all day.
Old 07-24-2023, 05:47 PM
D@le Irv*n

Interesting.
I was told all this was a conspiracy theory, nothing more, and that "they" wouldn't be coming for our gas stoves.
Seems they have now expanded it from gas stoves to all appliances, but this isn't about control at all, it's about the climate crisis!!! You can bathe in the rivers and creeks or boil your water via a wood stove, or at least until they are banned too. But rest easy people, this isn't going to happen to at least 2029.

REPORTER: "We've seen [Biden] go after gas stoves, A/C units with regulation, refrigerators, washing machines, dishwashers — now water heaters. How many more home appliances will Americans eventually have to replace?"

KJP: "If it is enacted, it would not take into effect until 2029. So, let's not forget that."

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...B-5AcILGXST1WQ

Last edited by irv; 07-24-2023 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-24-2023, 05:58 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Interesting.
I was told all this was a conspiracy theory, nothing more, and that "they" wouldn't be coming for our gas stoves.
Seems they have now expanded it from gas stoves to all appliances, but this isn't about control at all, it's about the climate crisis!!! You can bathe in the rivers and creeks or boil your water via a wood stove, or at least until they are banned too. But rest easy people, this isn't going to happen to at least 2029.

REPORTER: "We've seen [Biden] go after gas stoves, A/C units with regulation, refrigerators, washing machines, dishwashers — now water heaters. How many more home appliances will Americans eventually have to replace?"

KJP: "If it is enacted, it would not take into effect until 2029. So, let's not forget that."

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...B-5AcILGXST1WQ
I can say as a 54 year old American I have NEVER had to replace any appliance because of ANY government law. No control here that I can find.
Old 07-25-2023, 07:15 AM

We've taken lead out of paint and asbestos out of home insulation. We've eliminated CFCs from aerosol products. Were these also attacks?
Old 07-25-2023, 08:48 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
We've taken lead out of paint and asbestos out of home insulation. We've eliminated CFCs from aerosol products. Were these also attacks?
Without question they were attacks on our freedom. Just do some research on any of the sources Dale provides. I guarantee you will find many saying how lead, asbestos, and CFCs are really good for you. The "man" is just trying to take everything good away from us and control our every move.
Old 07-25-2023, 09:42 AM
Bob Andrews

Yesterday here in Houston it was hot and humid.
Today in Houston it's hot and humid.
Tomorrow in Houston it'll be hot and humid.
A week from next Friday in Houston it'll be hot and humid.
Odds are that two months from now in Houston it'll be hot and humid.

I have no idea why my wife insists on watching the weathercasts on the local station.
Old 07-26-2023, 11:18 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by commishbob View Post
Yesterday here in Houston it was hot and humid.
Today in Houston it's hot and humid.
Tomorrow in Houston it'll be hot and humid.
A week from next Friday in Houston it'll be hot and humid.
Odds are that two months from now in Houston it'll be hot and humid.

I have no idea why my wife insists on watching the weathercasts on the local station.
Fairly warm here today also at just past noon. 92 degrees with 52% humidity with a "feels like" 102 degree temp.

The high today is supposed to be 102 degrees and this time of year the hottest part of the day is usually around 5-6pm.
Old 07-26-2023, 12:52 PM
Todd Schultz

A little toasty here. This will be the 26th day in a row with temps 110 or higher, and counting.

The old record for such days was 17 straight-- now obliterated.

I do not believe the temp has been below 90 at any time on any day during this streak.

I believe only a couple of the days were at 110-- the rest higher. Last week we tied a record of 6 straight days at 115 or higher. I've lost track of the number of daily records we have broken during this spell.

I've lived here more than 40 years, and it has never been this bad. It saps everything.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 07-27-2023, 09:56 AM
Tim Odeen

We are having a very pleasurable week in the 80s after being in the 90s last week (Spokane). Going back into the 90s this weekend. Summertime is wonderful in the PNW.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 09-04-2023, 03:59 PM
Ben North

Still hot here. The State Fair is happening(ending today) a few blocks from my house. Our average high is 80 degrees. The last 3 days have been triple digits with today and yesterday setting new record highs.

Kinda normal as Fair week is usually very hot or we get rain everyday with an occasional nice week mixed in.
Old 10-01-2023, 12:51 PM
D@le Irv*n

https://www.facebook.com/reel/812535770492175

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1965351747158695
Old 10-05-2023, 04:05 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

We had one of the mildest summers I can remember. It was just weird. We kept waiting for the triple-digit slam, but Arizona seemed to get it instead. That remnant of the hurricane in Mexico that blew through was even more out of character. My house got nearly 4" of rain in a two-day period--we average 16" a year and nothing from May to November. It completely re-set the desert flora blooms. We put in a zero-scape years ago and in the winter, we often have a complete lawn of native grasses that all die off by July. Within two days of the storm ending, we had another carpet of fresh grass. Some of the plants grew so fast that we have to get in a brush remover a year ahead of schedule to push it all back.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 10-06-2023 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-24-2023, 03:37 PM
Ben North

It started raining here about 4pm yesterday. It was a light rain and turned into snow a little before noon today. We ended up with about 3 inches of snow before it decided to quit.

It is supposed to start snowing again tomorrow morning about sunrise. There is between a 98-100% chance of snow from 8am until 10pm. Their best guesstimate is 12-18 total inches of snow before it is over.

Anyone else having beautiful weather like me.

Almost forgot to add the nice 25-35mph breeze out of the NNW so it doesn't feel too warm.