NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 06-06-2023, 07:02 PM

Default Any Pearl Jam and Nirvana fans out there?

If there are any fans of Pearl Jam and Nirvana out there: do you have any memorabilia, preferably B&W photos, that you can share?

It's not hyperbole for me to say it would have been difficult or impossible to get through the last hellish three years without Pearl Jam and, to some extent, Nirvana. I wish I could personally thank Eddie Vedder and the band......

I'm sure there are others that feel this way. Curiously, however, I have found precious few pieces up for auction or sale. I'd be especially interested in acquiring some vintage photos, especially one signed by Eddie or Kurt, but they rarely appear for sale.

I managed to acquire one photo recently, at a book fair of all places. It's even nicer in person. I think it captures the singer perfectly.

How about showing some of your memorabilia?

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kurt Cobain 1993 (Rusty Costanza).jpg (177.3 KB, 141 views)
Old 06-08-2023, 11:20 AM
Steve Birmingham

It may be that people who have things are keeping them.
Or that there just isn't as much stuff.

The local rock station back when they were current said they were known to be a bit "difficult" about some things. Mostly I think it was taking control of anything potentially commercial related to the band (and it was sort of ALL Seattle bands. )

So while they would do the radio interviews before a concert, and they would recommend other bands from the Seattle rock scene, stuff like recording bumpers for the station were generally not done.
Like getting angry and ending the interview not done.
The local station didn't have any for a long time and didn't ask.
After a year or two one band came in and asked why they never wanted them to record bumpers. Well, because we heard you get really mad when asked, and we didn't want to make you mad.
And the reply was "ok turn on the mic... ready? "
The six perfect ones for that station one after the other in one take.
And bands that followed that summer also offered.

An interesting mix of doing great by the fans, other bands etc, but not supporting places that just wanted to make a few bucks off them.
Old 06-10-2023, 01:58 PM

Default Pearl Jam

That makes a lot of sense. There aren't too many bands that could take on Ticketmaster and live to tell the tale.

So anyone holding on to their gems, I perfectly understand. On the other hand, if anyone decides to sell--please let me know.

Brian
Old 06-10-2023, 11:29 PM
qu@n nguy3n

PJ is my favorite band by far, but they were more meaningful for sure in my 20s...less so now.

Rock memorabilia is tough sledding. There are prolly more forgeries in that arena than sports. Having said that Vedder stuff do come up, I would never buy Nirvana stuff unless it's heavily provenanced.

I do have this signed PJ Ten cd cover by the 5 members during those touring days.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Last edited by chaddurbin; 06-10-2023 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-11-2023, 01:27 AM
John Wagner

I used to love Nirvana when I was growing up. Kurt Cobain was very small and frail apparently. He would wear an extra shirt underneath to try and make himself look a little bigger. Most photos of him you can see this.
Old 06-11-2023, 09:17 AM

Default PJ

Quan, that is an awesome piece. 'Ten' is legendary, IMO. I'd love the signed, famous Lance Mercer photo of Vedder hanging from the rafters at a Seattle concert.

I guess I never grew up. I'm in my fifties and love PJ and Nirvana.

I found some great clips on YouTube.
Vedder was pretty crazy in his youth--the first climb still leaves me speechless:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raSMqE-CoYo&t=5s

And Dave Grohl playing a drum solo with Cobain's vocals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKU1HXMZYm4

Incredible artists all....
Old 06-18-2023, 09:54 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

One good way to get a Grohl auto is to buy a signed copy of his book. They were sold in the Barnes & Noble holiday sale the year issued. That's how I got mine. His sig is way too simple for a forger otherwise.

It's a minefield, for sure. I have been burned more than once on a bad rock auto. Now I am very careful. My best gamble ever were these two I fished out of a bargain bin at a paper fair:

Both passed PSADNA.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 06-19-2023, 08:10 AM

Default Rock memorabilia

Adam, you rock!

I saw The Who perform in 1989 in Oakland Coliseum when I was a grad student. Definitely one of the best concerts I've been to in my life--the tunes from Tommy were phenomenal, with Pete windmilling and all......
..in stark contrast with Bob Dylan, whom I saw at the Greek Theater in Berkeley around the same time. He was getting heckled big time.

Still, I'd love a Dylan auto, but those are also heavily forged. And even he admitted to using an autopen when signing his last book.

I agree about the Grohl book, which I will probably buy. He seems like a truly good guy--and an awesome drummer!