NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 08-10-2022, 10:50 PM

Default Anyone collect relic cards anymore?

I use to collect game used relics cards back in the day. I was wondering, does anyone collect relic cards anymore? What are your thoughts on them? Especially now that most are not really “game used”. I think they still look cool!
Old 08-10-2022, 10:54 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

I have 7-800 or so; mostly from the early 2000’s. They were a big hit then, it’s fun to pick up the relics from the sets I liked as a kid now that they’re almost worthless. I pull a few every year from my Heritage boxes, but that’s about it I have after 2007 or so.
Old 08-10-2022, 10:59 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

I recently been looking at autos with game used on same card...
Old 08-11-2022, 07:24 AM

I still think the original run of the Upper Deck piece of history 500 home run club cards are cool.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:54 AM
Bob C.

I've always liked, and collect, the 2002 and 2003 Topps 206 and 205 relic and auto cards. Sort of a merging of the past and future, with the obvious connection to the pre-war era.

I'm not a proponent for cutting/chopping up game used/worn jerseys and bats of older, especially pre-war players, at all. But that horse left the barn decades ago, so there is nothing I or anyone else can really do about it.

Not so concerned about the card companies doing the same with the more modern players. Nowadays the players all seem to have brand new uniforms they wear for virtually every game, and bats can be delivered by the truckload. Back in the pre-war days, I believe the players usually got just one home and one away uniform for the entire season, and they were more likely to find one bat they liked, and hold onto and use it for as long as they could.
Old 08-11-2022, 03:13 PM

I have started collecting a series and have several so far, but still just getting started really. Most are fairly cheap and just fun.

One peave I have when looking at jersey relics is when the swatch doesn't match the jersey on the card.

I also prefer early 2000s for relic cards. They were more likely to clearly state on the card that it was from that player and used in an actual game - unlike the vague verbiage now used on the ultra-modern relic cards.
Old 09-26-2022, 11:09 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I still think the original run of the Upper Deck piece of history 500 home run club cards are cool.
This set is just about the best relic set ever created over many years. Top tier of all relic sets.

T206 is a close second.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 09-27-2022, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I agree with packs on this one, although I do have Bat Kings autographed by Hank with a huge piece of bat and numbered to 50.

I only have one from the 500 home run club, but I think it is the rarest of all. I have the Eddie Murray card. I drew this card myself from a box of UD Collector's Choice. For those of you that remember, Collector's Choice was the cheap, poor man's card and was mass produced in the millions. I don't know if UD inserted the home run club cards randomly or what, but I do know mine came from a box of Collector's Choice. I threw the card in my glove box where it resided for a year or so. One day I found it and sent it to Beckett. It came back an 8 or 8.5 or something like that. I was happy. I still have the card today in my permanent collection.
Old 09-27-2022, 03:13 PM

After making my previous post I had to go dig out my Aaron game used and post a picture - what's a post without a picture right?

Here it is, hope you like it. This is what I think a game used card should be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8217.jpg (202.3 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8220.jpg (197.9 KB, 78 views)