NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: josh

I love the entertainment that this board brings. Keep up the good work!

Old 03-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: John

Marshall it doesn't say what backs they were..and genius up until a few years ago PSA didn't track backs. And they also kept the Harris cards out of the general pop report..so the reports are all skewed.

So when you're pimping some PSA 7's and there are at least a half a dozen other higher graded examples sold years before. It's not a stretch to think that Old Mill back is not so rare and there could be others graded prior.

For a such a hip sharp cat thought you would know that. Yeah I'm new to T206 so I'm on pins and needle waiting for more gems of guidance from you..

Old 03-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: marshall barkman

Well Al it is not bull****....perhaps what you can do is very simple......i have a very good friend who is one of the best photographers in the world......ohhhh nooooo is that his photo on the front cover of SI when the Broncos won the Super Bowl......whoaaaaa.....did he actually do all the photography on Dan Marino,Troy Aikman,Mario Lemeaux,Dwayne Wade books and on and on.....jeeezzzz......did he follow my band for 4 years and party with me and take countless photos of naked women....... did he also take all the photos on my website...........did he actually in front of a national tv audience compare me to Kurt Cobain and say that i was ripping sh&^%t up long before Nirvana.......jeepppppeeerrrssss.....is his name Marc Serota?

He probaly won't take your call Al but if he does you will see that in fact South Beach was my playground and outside of Marilyn Manson no one delivered the NOISE like yours truly.

Now i know the rest of the hecklers will talk trash and consider this self promotion but i consider it facts and believe me i had a great time doing it.....ahhhhhh yeah baby.....in the words of Dice Clay- Mother Goose yeah i f &^%cked her!

Old 03-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Wonka.....in all seriousness i do like you and make me laugh. I know you understand T-206's and also i am aware of the cards you posted. My knowledge in regards to other cards is no where near yours because i do not consider myself an expert. I have enough knowledge to grade and buy turn of the century itmes from a Matisse watercolor to a Ty-Cobb bat off shoulder.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: MVSNYC

thank god for private boards.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

Marshall.

A photographer compared you to Kurt? Congratulations.

A janitor compared me to Einstein once. I guess I must bring the noise.

What's the name of the indie label that put you up in the multimillion dollar penthouse, Marshall? How did an indie label get the cash to afford a multimillion dollar penthouse? What indie label has maids? If you didn't want a major label deal, why is it that your website says one of your goals is to have a Top 10 single? How are you going to have a Top 10 single without major label backing?

Marshall, if you rock so hard and tore up South Beach, how come you only have 39 friends on your Myspace page, and there's not a single reference to your music "career" that I can find on a Google search, other than the ones you put on the internet yourself? Why is it that nobody has left a comment on your Myspace page in two years? I mean Marshall, you are THE MAN! You bring THE NOISE! Where's all the fans? If you and Marilyn Manson go hand-in-hand, why is it that he hasn't brought you along with him the way Trent Reznor did with Manson?

If you lived in a 2.5 million dollar penthouse with naked maids and the world's best ganja, how long did the indie label give you to pay back your debt? Because they're surely not cross-collateralizing the bill against your hefty advance for your self-released, six-song EP.

Please, Marshall. Explain to me why I can't find many reviews of your music? I mean, major labels are begging you to go to Los Angeles and show the world your talent - why haven't you recorded anything new since 2006? I mean Jesus, Marshall - the world is waiting for you to bring more noise! How long does it take such a talented musical icon, who was compared to Iggy Pop by an A&R guy, and who was compared to Kurt by a photographer, to record new music? Do we have to wait 17 years for your next noise, the way we had to wait 17 years for the awesome noise brought to us by Axl Rose?

Please! Explain!

But most importantly, I need to understand how an indie label can afford a 2.5 million dollar penthouse apartment in South Beach when they can't seem to help you update your website in three years.

Thanks in advance for enlightening me about how the independent music business works; I could use the education.

Eagerly awaiting your response,

-Al

edited to add more sarcasm.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Al..in Marshall's defense he said Las Angeles multiple times....I think it's north of Los Angeles?

Old 03-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Oh, sorry John - I didn't notice that.

Las Angeles is in Bizarro World. I've heard of it, but I'm not allowed in. I don't bring enough noise. I should eat more burritos.

-Al

Old 03-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: Eric Brehm

Why is this conversation taking place? I can no longer distinguish between sincerity and sarcasm around here. It is only morbid curiosity that has gotten me this far. Leon, kill it!

Old 03-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Oh, come on, Eric - don't wreck my fun. I've got nothing else to do today.

-Al

Old 03-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Yeah Eric why did you just jump in...did the Mayor of Las Angeles get to you too???

My god how far up does this thing go?

Old 03-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Apparently I have nothing better to do today either. Carry on gents.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: JimCrandell

Marshall,

i believe you--keep it comin'

Jim

Old 03-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Jim's just buttering up Marshall because he needs a place to stay next time he's in South Beach with his own band.

-Al

Old 03-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: Richard Simon

I think we have enough "information" at this point to write an unauthorized biography of Marshall,,, except who would publish it? Maybe he can set us up with some indie.
Al - have you ever seen anyone who has such a need for attention as this guy?
In the meantime, I am going to see John Leguizamo tonight and he and I are gonna get down and bring da noise after the show. Should be real exciting, he really knows how to bring it. He is my fourth cousin twice removed and he is always ringing me up to get down with him. Man, how lucky can I get.
happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif
==

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
Unknown author
--
We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.
No retreat baby, no surrender.
The Boss

Old 03-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Al, yeah Jim has very little in the way of high grade T206's he's shameless to try to add a few cards to his very lackluster collection. [linked image]

Old 03-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLyyPCbxnIU

Old 03-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: Joann

"I'm not into who has the most or has the biggest banana hammock because i have had no complaints from the ladies nor will i ever (-: "

"cheesy CNN reporter who has his banana hammock stretched up his.."

"i said well really doll i wanted to name the horse Get The Salami Tommy and my friend just lost it,"

"Well let's see i fu*&^cked countless models"

"Mother Goose yeah i f &^%cked her!"

Marshall,

I find this kind of talk offensive and would appreciate it if you wouldn't do it so often. Also, please do not fire back at me with sexual comments. I don't care if you fire back - I'll even admit that once you called me a Barbara Walters wannabe and I almost smiled at that. I can take the firing back just as I dish it out. But if you do so with sexual and intimidating comments, I will ask the mods to do something about it.

Leon,

I saw earlier that you asked David for an edit because of a G-d that you mentioned someone like your wife might find offensive. I appreciate that, and please understand that I find things like the above equally offensive. All of these are from just one thread.

I know many of the guys make occasional comments like this. This board will always have the "show us your Johnson" snickers lurking about, and I don't really mind that. I kind of ignore it and move on. But with Marshall it's part of his scenery to the point that it becomes offensive.

I am asking that you consider this just as you considered that the religious swearing would be offensive to some.

Thanking you both in advance.

Joann

Old 03-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Comments that are degrading to women have no place in any conversation, public or private. Leon will take care of this.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: Jamie

Agreed

Old 03-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: Peter_Spaeth

Perhaps he should be honored in the same fashion as Messrs. Chao and Elkins.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: Jamie

To be fair, however, I don't think it was right for folks to jump all over MB for his remark about us obsessing about guys who hit .218 and played 12 games. After all, it's true. Nothing wrong with poking a little fun at ourselves!

Old 03-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Good evening neighbors, well i just got back from looking at a guy's collection and i am a bit cofused. He had a real old Shoeless Joe card that looked like a cigarette card but it was not, he also had a Ty Cobb bat on shoulder that was probably a 1 or 2 with American Beauty back so maybe i will buy the cards but the Shoeless Joe has me stumped.

Now onward with Dah Dah Dah.........drumroll......BRINGING THE NOISE.

You know what is odd and i do not understand is that people on here just act like they do not understand talent. For a board for of.....wheeeeeeeeeee......such highly intelligent people............and.....whoppeeeeeeeee......mora lly and politically correct individuals......how can someone compare a janitor to one of the best photographers on the planet? Does anyone have any idea how hard it is to land the Sports Illustrated cover? I also read where a guy was giving Lichtman hell for being a great defense attorney and making fun of him for having a website full of his accomplishments, the guy making fun of him is some boring wannabe stiff who could not teach a frog to jump much less comment about people or their accomplishments.

In regards to Jim Crandall i do appreciate your collection and have the upmost respect for the enormous amount of cards you have, i was blowed away by the PSA photo and it truly does show your passion for card collecting which i have the upmost admiration for. I understand passion and also the word eccentric.

Well now we shall address my hecklers and the new love of my life...........tongue hangs sideways as i get my fav BDSM mag out............Joann.

Let's get the party started.

Al C......the independent record label was Secret Records, it was owned by Stevie B.....ohhhhh nooooooo.......did he actually have the number 1 song in the land at the time.......your kiddingggggg meeeeeee..........did he have a recording studio in a 5 million dollar house just outside Ft.Lauderdale...........nooooo wayyyyyyyyyyy......he was not the guy who almost won a grammy for the Postman song.........ohhhhh that's rigghhhhhttttttt......... my attorney Alan Jacoby did not also represent Joe Walsh Brian Setzer and myself.......arrreeee youuu kiddinggg meeee....with the fact i went into Stevie B's office office with two of the hottest f*&^ing models in South Beach with a lit joint hanging from my mouth......oohhhh noooooo......he said joint....i better call Lichtman fast...... when Stevie wanted to hear my demo track that by the way i was paying for and no one was supposed to hear but the track rocked and it leaked out already and i knew Stevie heard it before he even asked.........ahhhhhhhh.......Stevie did not smile and say kid i don't know what rock you crawled out from under but this song rocks and i want you signed ASAP while he stared at my friends because they are....................so hot that Stevie's desk caught fire from their mere presence and......whoooooaaaaaaa.....there was not some cheesy hair slicked back scumbag attorney from Sony Records asking me a million questions as i wreaked of the finest aroma of Purple Haze and my ass still has lipmarks from his presentation.

Also Al C i never said the independent label paid for my penthouse or any of my bills. Also remember this was 1991 so everything you see on myspace and my website are not those times. The cd on my website was paid for by me and so was all costs pards....you see much like a rapper i do not rely on folks to BRING THE NOISE. In today's world a major label is a waste of time.

To address Brian Warner of Marilyn Manson and also the band. When Marilyn Manson first started the band was actually called Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids, Brian played really hardcore covers of Beatle songs while he girated around the stage constantly grabbing his banana hammock. I remeber talking to him after a show and he was a down to earth intelligent guy in my opinion who worked at Kinko's.

Fast forward about a year and things change. I have recorded the demo and formed a band getting ready to play out. I come out at the first show in front of ten people because i wanted no advertising or any public awareness, my goal was to create music and actually see if word of mouth could travel and ........ohhhh nooooo.....it worked.

People were talking about some crazy guy who just tore the room to shambles. Comparisons to Iggy Pop started happening right away. Well by the 5 show there was like 200 to 400 people and they were all like cool cat artistic types, models,fashion folks,art dealers,writers and surfers. Also every drug dealer in South Beach was there so look out below the room is stoned. Everyone loved the energy and chaos. Well I ran into Brian and things changed, he was standoffish and really just a different person, he was all about Satin and evil and just nonsense but it was just a act.

My band opened for him one time because the club owner insisted and i got to the mike and said.....ladies and gentleman the f*&^ing most hilarious thing about this evening is Marilyn Manson and he can go f*&^ck himself along with all you other wannabe neo natzi *&^%%. I then jumped off stage and dove headfirst into a table that just started mayhem.

The bar got destroyed and now Brian hated me. He demanded that my band never be allowed to play club Squeeze because all the artwork could be destroyed. I used to go to Squeeze and whistle at him like a little bitch and say.....here kitty kitty........

I am not proud of the things i did but i also will not hide from them. When you are 22 and completely out of your mind 24/7 throw the words rational thinking out.

The reason why so many people i guess are in shock at the things i say is because America is used to this phony cheesy disarm you with a smile attitude........whooooaaaaaaaaa.....how did Bernie Madoff scam everyone.........was it because he stood for morally and correct thinking? Was it because he had a lovely family and was just such a honest guy? He scammed the idiots because they all bought the bag of sh*&^t he was selling and behind closed doors he stole their souls. You see folks i am my own person, i'm myself at all times love me or hate me, i change for no one, i do not put on a suit and tie or care to. I do not invest in Ponzi schemes or associate with stuff shirt wall street ass(*&^ trying to sell me bags of SH**.

The reason i do not answer my website and myspace or update either is my own business. Personal family private matters are occuring so enough said. There will be a update in which everything will be explained as to why i have been sidelined for three seasons and my decisions why.....

I could care less about corporate sponsorship or who likes me. I don't need public acceptance or Ceo's who want to be in my foursome during pro-ams. I would rather bang Roseanne Barr than have to sit at some boring dinner party watching corporate types try and outsmart each other at the game called posturing for full effect in front of folks.

Whether or not it is a public or private message board makes no difference to me because i'm not two faced or put on a facade. Did Andrew Dice Clay go on CNN and start quoting the bible? No when the guy asked a question that was obviously stupid and belittled Dice he told the guy to go F&&%ck himself because that is what we do in Brooklyn and i just lost it.

I admire dice for being himself just like i admire Jim morrison for singing his song on the Ed Sullivan show which got him banned. I admire Lenny Bruce Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley for their contribution to the arts and inspiration to millions of people........ohhhhhh that's right Johnny Cash's labeled dumped him when he said he was going to record Fulsom Prison Blues live at the prison......whoaaaaaaaaa.....all the super highly intelligent label execs who were so smart and predicted the album would bomb obviously did not understand human nature......ahhhhhh the album blew out and sold millions of copies.....whoaaaaaaaa....millions of girls loved elvis pumping and girating around like some afflicted porn star.

In regards to Joannn......i will delete per Al C's wishes. What i will write however is why does this gal follow my every move? Is she like the informer for the Jane Fonda 2009 women's movement?

Ifff you can't stand whatttttt theeeee Roccckkkkk issss Cooking

then get out of the kitchen.

Consider the NOISE BROUGHT

Old 03-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Marshall, you make a lot of sounds, but no NOISE at all.

-Al

Old 03-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

At least i make sounds Al. As usual what started out as a harmless post has turned into Jerry Falwell and Barbara Walters and their band of merry followers trying to make me out like the bad guy.

Now here we go with the banning and badgering Leon. I just read a whole Jim Bunning post where folks are calling each other idiots,insane losers and so forth. While i understand the intelligence in the Bunning post i also understand the underlying meaning.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: Jim VB

MB,

Leon just asked you to "fix" this post in the other thread and you moved it over here?

Smart. Very smart.

Al C.,

C'mon man he's got to be telling the truth! He has a friend with a camera who has taken pictures of naked women! What more proof could you ask for. The guy's for real!

Old 03-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Thanks, Marshall.

-Al

Old 03-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Al i do not care what you do. I have nothing to hide especially my personality. While others think i constantly seek attention i personally could care less because really the way i see it is that being critical of someone is simple being correct however is difficult, hence the simple minded explanations of attention seeker.

I do not seek anything because i am not a seeker. I am someone very driven to be myself at all times and i do not change for the sake of a piece of dirty paper or any human being.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: Don

Marshall is the sort of person who keeps out of date milk in his refrigerator.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: J Levine

Marshall,

Sorry, I went out with my girlfriend and did not see your posts until now. You still are not heeding my advice. There are people on this board who have led and are leading far more interesting lives than you have. The definition of not caring is not spouting off at the mouth. If you do not care what people think of you, then just talk baseball cards.

A friend of mine once told me that the reason he does not say he is the greatest rocker is because he doesn't have to, the people will either believe it or they won't. I don't need to tell them what to think about me.

As to a Google search of me...you are right...not a thing. Don't care. My life, my accomplishments, and my future are my own. I have several accomplishments in the education field, entertainment industry, charity work, and sports field. I rarely (almost never) self-promote them. I will talk about them with people I respect and will offer advice or knowledge when asked.

The more you scream at me for pointing out your foibles, the more you make my point for me. If you really did not care what people thought about you, you would just post about cards.

There are people on this board that have wonderfully full lives away from cards who do not often scream about who they slept with (supposedly) or who they hung out with (supposedly), etc. I know many people on the board and have come to personally respect them for both their hobby and more importantly their character.

Jim Crandall and I do not see eye to eye politically at all. In fact, Jim probably cannot stand my liberal slant. I still like Jim because when it came down to it, Jim showed me respect. He shared knowledge of cards and his political stance without screaming, name calling, etc.

Speaking of name calling. Your constant disgusting attitude towards our resident female contributor (Hi Joann) is horrible. If this is any indication of the way you treat women, I seriously doubt you are the ladies man you think you are.

You wonder why people like me come out and bash you. I will tell you exactly why I started in on this thread. You bashed John. Period. You took a shot at someone whose knowledge of cards far outweighs yours (and mine) for no other reason than to shout into the wind.

Marshall, I really am starting to feel sorry for you. You obviously have a lot to work through and I just do not think this vintage baseball card forum is the correct place for you. Really, get some help. This is a plea. I will be the first to welcome you back if you post about vintage cards in some kind of respectful manner.

Joshua

Old 03-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: apuald

This is all going to end just like the recent Paris auction of some fashion guy's stuff. The high bidder will admit to being an employee of South Carolina, decry the fact Joe should be in the hall of fame; and then tell everyone, the amount he will make in a lifetime is less than one tenth of what he actually bid.

Wow.

Am I being to cynical?

Probably.

But you all gotta admit, being cynical, is way easy these days....

Sorry if you lose your buzz or whatever, APaulD.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Levine.......zzzzzzzzzz.....unghhhhhhhhhh........z zzzzzzzzzzz.....oh sorry i just woke up from your post. Dude your boy Wonka is just that Wonka. He ran his mouth about antiques and Indian cards and then ran to google or some present auction for his info which does not impress me.

In regards to who and what you are great. Be yourself,hang out with your rocker friend and enjoy life.

I already know why you posted and can read you like a book because my friend it is easy. You are no different than the other folks. You run from post to post just waiting to be critical of someone. Spouting off old grandad sayings and how wise you are. People who are wise and self assured to do not need to talk about grandad and all the lessons he taught them. Really you sound like some sappy old Joe Piscopo Saturday Night live skit.

What i notice is folks like Jim Crandall,Jeff Lichtman,Leon and a few others actually talk cards. They do not constantly want to ban people or be critical of every single statement made.

Case in point. I e-mailed Jim Crandall two times in regards to a card deal after he requested it. He never responded and i was like hmmmmm maybe he is just to cool for school. I posted that and wow newsflash.....Jim did not attack me........is this a dream........he did not whine to Leon like a three toothed fourth grader and want me banned......no what he did was say this....To my friend Marshall, i did not recieve your e-mails.
I then apologized and could not understand why he did not get two of them because they were sent and it was over, no big drama over sensitive wahhhhhh......wahhhhhhh scene like it is with some of you.

I understand you and Wonka are pals and great. Be buddies and have a good time. Wonka is a big boy and believe me i do not dislike the guy, if we met in person and argued over indian cabinet photos there would be no resentment to the tone. At baseball card shows i see folks argueing all the time but it is just the nature of collectibles, however on this board people act like this is life or death and wow talk about being sensitive.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: J Levine

Just for the record...I have never asked for you to be banned...just to talk about cards.

You mistake my advice to you for whining. Your loss.

Joshua

Old 03-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Marshall I've talked and posted more about cards on this board than you ever have care to take that bet? Yet you have beef with me why? You say you respect Jeff and Leon because they talk cards...I don't post or talk cards...huh?

Is it because I disagreed with your Indian CDV prices, or was it because I called you on the fact that you claimed that it was the only image of Sitting Bull known with a pipe which was also not true?

Marshall it's not arguing about collectibles it's the fact that you call everyone a moron who disagrees with you.

Here's the simple fact is you embellish everything to point that it is comical or just not believable. You talk down to everyone, you talk real uncalled smack to Joann.

Also for the most part 99% of your posts are about futures, horseracing and fantasy rock star stories about how cool you are. The only cards you have posted on are a handful of above avg. T206's that you dont even own anymore.

Amongst all the noise can you bring some cards or collecting knowledge to the board?? Can you do that..or is it more of the Marshall show?

For the record I don't care if Leon bans you or not if Leon wants to be associated with your antics and attitude towards the rest of the folks on here that's his call. I'll just keep that in mind so will the rest I assume...but I do believe he asked you to cool your jets in the other post.

I'm done with you guy, I suggest Josh and the rest do the same you're really just a waste of time and I'm done wasting my time.

Seriously I'm done you go your way and I'll go mine no need to mention me every two seconds I'm flattered and all but time to move on for me. I hope you are adult enough to do the same?

All I've tried to do with you is correct some card related issues I had with you nothing more nothing less....obviously you can't deal with that.

Cheers,

John

Old 03-08-2009, 01:25 AM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Wonka....John ....Yoda.... chocolate covered candy face.....whoever you are.....first of all you came on a post where i was talking to Dan Bretta about indian cabinet cards because i noticed he had a few indian photos in a case one time when he posted, might i also add there was no drama and Dan and i had no problems. You started ranting and raving about your knowledge and how many cabinet cards you own and what a avid collector you are. You then ran to google and searched auctions and spouted some nonsense about the cards were not rare and the prices were down and some were not even bringing bids for 500-700........uhhhhhhh dear sir the card closed at 3500 but....golly jeeeee....let's not correct the smartest being on Network54 Mr.Wonka.

The thread had nothing to do with you yet in you jumped with critical remarks and arrogance about knowledge. I'm no dummy wonka so why would i post the rare photos of the indian cabinet cards when you made an ass of yourself in regards to the Deadwood photo i own. You souunded like a bafoon in regards to that photograph so yeah you better stick to pre-war baseball cards because in the high end auction came you probably can't even spell Faberge or Matisse much less know the real deal from a fake.

In regards to women. I like confidence in a gal. I do not like sappy Jane Fonda types and yes i do admit that spanking is alot of fun so i guess i'm going to hell for that.

Really Wonka name a time i came into one of your posts where you were posting to another member and started spouting off. Also please understand that a Southern Leaguer in a PSA 7 that is the highest graded card in that category of backing is not just a rag of a card. I do believe Brian Drent described the card with accuracy in the catalogue and here is what it read for the record.

1909-11 JF Kiernan PSA 7. Surpassed by only five examples on PSA's heavily populated T206 "unknown back" database,offered is a recently graded example of Columbia's J.F. Kiernan. NM corners join NM/MT edges around two flawless and perfectly centered surfaces. The image itself exudes a tremendous and almost palpable freshness consistent with other examples from our excellently preserved T206 find in Pennsylvania. Needless to say, the offered specimen is the single highest graded Old Mill Kiernan out of 20 submissions to PSA since the Newport Beach graders started designating and tracking alternate T206 backs. Fit for only the most meticulous collections......ohhhh myyyy.....i guess Brian Drent does not know anything about cards......nahhhhhh......you are right oh chocolate faced being the card was just a ho hum 10 dollar item.

Dude who do you think you are talking to? You say you are done with me. Bro it would be my pleasure if like about 8 to 10 of you creepy clowns would buzz off. The list goes like this
Wonka,Al C,Jo Ann,JimVB,RobD,Jlevine and two or three others. I have bought many cards off folks and had 0 problems. I am in the middle of three deals right now and not once have i had a issue or arguement.

The fact is because i do not take your gas or plead to Leon like little sappy brownie girls all of you are upset. If you and your little clan are so brilliant then go help the other 50 posts in regards to identifying cards or how to soak a card or whatever the deal is.

My feelings are like a Old Rolling Stones song...Hey...Hey....you....you get off of my cloud. Don't come around because two is a crowd baby..... ohhhhhhh jeeez........did i say baby......ohhh mannnn.....i'm in trouble in now.....whewwwwwwwww....i forgot women do not like to be called baby.....i better call Mick and let him know that Jane Fonda is coming.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Administrator

Default Milehigh Auction

Posted By: leon

I just can't have you continually fighting with a lot of the respected board members. While I have defended your existence here I also have to defend the community too. I wish you wouldn't cause so much anger on the board because I hate being put in the position where I have to do things that I don't like doing. Locking threads is one of them. Since this thread, too, has turned into a shouting match I guess I will lock it too. For the record I didn't lock the first one, one of the other moderators did, but I told him it was ok. I was sort of on the fence but I supported his decision. I think it's time to get back to talking about cards. If you want to do that, and not argue with everyone on the board, fine. If you don't then this is just not a good place to hang out. I am sure you understand my position. regards