NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Default Steve Finley-Next moderator of Network 54

Posted By: Sean C

in MB's life that made him into the fool he is, but I will say that rarely have I ever seen someone have so many excuses for the shortcomings in their life. From the excuses regarding golf to the excuses regarding his band and album, it's comical to watch. Sadly, it won't be so funny when he hits rock bottom, and realizes he has thrown away the marginal talent he may have had in golf, that he was never talented musically (I've listened to the songs from your myspace page, Marshall, and I was less than impressed), and is little more than a spent, empty shell of a man whose pomposity was all he ever really had.

For your sake, Marshall, I hope you can get help and turn your life around.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

Not sure who Marshall is (doubt Marshall knows who Marshall is) but the guy posting is a colorful character with an active imagination. Mommy and daddy must not have paid enough attention to him since he now has to bring so much noise. His narcissism and self promotion were unpalatable at best however I admire his stance on being heard and speaking his mind too bad he could not be less vociferous when doing so. Sadly Marshall is not ok with just being a regular guy

Greg

Old 03-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: sagard

How many times does it take for one to make their last, last post. happy.gif

I was hoping that the locked threads would reveal something interesting, but oh well.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Mt. Joy

Seems counter to most board members but I really didnt have any issues with marshall or his post, for the most part I ignored them if I didnt care for the subject/what he was saying. I don't think he had bad intentions towards the board or boardmembers.

I wish more people here would just ignore the Marshalls of the world as they seek attention because you would have gotten what you wanted in any case in time and avoided all this bs. IMO there are a couple people here who just would not stop trying to provoke him everytime he posted, to me he didnt fit their idea of who should be a poster on these boards. To be honest I see the same thing happen a lot when Jim C post and I don't like it either, I'm just glad he for the most part chooses to ignore them.

Sorry for the rant but wanted to get that off my chest.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard Simon

To tbose suggesting Marshall seeks help, you first have to admit that you have a problem before you actually seek help. Do you really think Marshall can admit he has a problem?
==

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
Unknown author
--
We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.
No retreat baby, no surrender.
The Boss

Old 03-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Koteles

We are all made up of different charachters and I sometimes have a hard time playing my part , but somebody has to be me. Having 2 parents Hungarian and both opposites made me a little more well rounded. Sometimes I did things knowing it was in bad judgement and could have restrained myself but didnt because I wanted to be heard. Not everyone has the same balance in life. There are more importants things to pick apart then someone wanting some attention .Bruce "D" used to get some flack cause he made it a point to say he wanted the best or he is from the "Ivy league", I wish that I had that background and could afford those type of cards always .If the status is earned so be it ,accomplishments are wonderful.If it doesnt change your life , let someone have their say. My point is everyone has their way of reaching out like it or not. You may as well tell them all on how to drive a car and how to put their clothes on cause there are many who suck at these things as well.

More importantly , my wifes health seems better but there are still some issues unsolved and further testing is ahead .

To continue on a good note Iam making a roast (top loin) that you only wish you could have .It is mixed with 3 peppers ( 1 Hungarian)extra onion ,caramelized French onion soup ,Hungarian Paprika , Greek seasoning ,sea salt ,pepper ,poppy seed (for all you 60's freeks)carrots , celery, etc.........

some one in a post mentioned that bragging about a "big Johnson" meant something or another, well......us Hungarians invented the Johnson .Not only is mine extra big , it is pretty too !

so dont be JEALOUS OF KOTELES cause here it is !!!

[linked image]

Old 03-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

As Jew, and one that has had family members killed by the Nazi's it sickens me to hear this Mamzer post on this board. Marshall
Nim'as li! ,lech lehizdayen, A chazer bleibt a chazer!

Old 03-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: mark s.

ok... now I am genuinely perplexed & chagrined!
i'm from california, and our ballots here are printed in seemingly EVERY foreign & exotic language EXCEPT those used in this thread...
HOW am i expected to keep up?
(translations, please)

Old 03-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

I know a chazer is a pig, so I get the gist of the Yiddish post. But not the full nuance of it.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: E, Daniel

This forum used to be addictive to me, even at times when less than useful posters hung out and bragged or abused or just sounded plain dumb.

But the last few weeks since Marshall's arrival I've found it awfully easy to stay away. Maybe check in once a day. Get turned off by a Barkman blog joined in by a few youngish sounding and less than vintage card focussed posse members, and then I'd leave without wanting to say or post anything.

I too have noticed that quite a number of the Net54 family who kept the bb card threads humming with humor and info. have disappeared, most likely just put off by MB's presence and awaiting his departure.

Leon, you may have felt a personal connection to Marshall and his brash style, but why would you want to lose what is essentially good about the forum and have its tenor changed so dramatically? Wouldn't you rather have a well informed group who largely enjoys eachothers company and knowledge than a mosh pit of voices who treat this as an open mike blog?

You might want him as your drinking buddy - me I prefer the company of people I would feel safe leaving my wife and children around......

This MB guy - absolutely definitely not.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Josh/illini805 - while I enjoy a Yiddish/Hebrew post quite a bit, that Hebrew was over the top - if it's not something you would say in English, don't say it an another language.
kol tuv,
-Matt

My Trade/Sale Page

Old 03-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob C

DELETE

Old 03-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Administrator

I didnt read into anything that Leon wanted to have a beer with this cat. He did say when enough is enough, that he would take care of it, in other words. Amongst men,I find it unbeliveable that one can get under your skin so bad to where you have to find your day so upsetting that you have to vent here when homeless people or veterans are scraping for a meal.There are more important things....if you do not like this guy , ignore him or have fun about it and take some shots . You make it seem he is taking shots so bad that you dont wanna live anymore or you just cant take it....hey ,did you like my Johnson ???

Old 03-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

That Johnson looked a lot better than a 40.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Administrator

it's about time this evolved into a "who's got the BEST johnson" thread...
i just wish i had one... if i did, i'd show it!

Old 03-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

This is the T206 the WoJo himself kept in his personal scrapbook. I'll put Johnson's Johnson up against your Johnson happy.gif

[linked image]

My Trade/Sale Page

Old 03-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Administrator

The second "E" of the "Sweet Caporal" has a bit of loss at the very bottom of it or a 7.5 and a 5k plus card. Replacement of the overall look would have me not accepting a 5k offer , but 5100.00 and you never know ! Dont worry about wrong thread it isnt for sale, well unless you have 5100.00 !

[linked image]

Old 03-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Doug

It's sure nice to see cards around here. Let's see some more!

Old 03-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

I don't care if Marshall stays or goes. I don't envy Leon's job regarding whether or not to ban him, since I am generally not in favor of banning people. But some people do not have the ability to control their own behavior and Marshall is clearly one of those people. I believe he might genuinely not want to respond sometimes, but literally cannot help himself. However Leon handles it is perfectly fine with me.

I don't know if it's 100% Marshall Barkman related or not, but the level of douchebaggery on this board has risen to alarmingly high levels recently. For me, it has made it almost impossible to spend much time reading any thread on the board. I used to read almost every thread even when it didn't have anything to do with what I collect (most threads do not) but now I can barely get myself to glance at the thread titles and authors, let alone open them up.

Will that change if Marshall is no longer here? I really don't know. What I do know is that I've seen quite a few people I like and respect get attacked recently, on a purely personal level. I'm not talking about the political douchebagification of Net54 that's been going on for so long. Political rants are not what I am talking about. Some of the things I've read on this board recently have been way out of line. And they've been repeated over and over again.

People can be very different in person than they are behind a keyboard. This is one of the reasons that the Net54 gatherings at the National are so great. People can still talk crap to you, but they have to do it with you standing right in front of them, not across the country. People are much nicer to each other and seem to get along much better.

My experience has been that the guys who come on this board and talk the toughest are the ones that for some reason never seem to make it to the National. Marshall, I hope you go to the National in Cleveland. I also hope you attend the Net54 dinner. I am all for free speech, but I am also all for accountability. Sometimes there should be consequences if you are just going to say whatever thought comes to mind with no regard for how inappropriate or hurtful it may be. What kind of rebel would you be if you never had any consequences for your amazing acts of rebellion? On this, I am here to offer my help: if I hear you speak to Joann in person the way you have spoken to her on this board, I will personally see to it that there are consequences. Sound fair? Not that Joann needs someone to stick up for her. She takes care of herself just fine. But not everyone wants insecure 9th grade misogynist noise brought to them. And I am one of those people. Do you understand me?

I have two daughters. I have never had any desire or need to own a gun. But knowing there are douchebags like you in the world is the best advertising a shotgun manufacturer or seller could ever hope for.

-Ryan

P.S. Would someone e-mail me privately if there is a thread about Cuban cards or the Negro Leagues, or a thread I should contribute to? I do try to post when there are questions regarding items I have knowledge about. I'd like to continue to do this, but will probably not check the board as religiously any more.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Administrator

you are not Hungarian, so the size of your Johnson doesnt compare though you have a little clout. Nice piece!

Old 03-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Dan, I'm part Hungarian and I say your Johnson is a bit weak.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Administrator

dan- your SWEFT CAPORAL is an sbsolute thing of beauty...
matt- how can anyone compete with YOUR "second generation" johnson?
so far, best in show!
keep 'em coming...

Old 03-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Administrator

you are sired from the wrong side of the Hunky to state that .My color clarity through bloodline was not broken, my 199.00 scanner was a scammer.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Marshall,

You said:

"Also i will state for the record Elaine was written in 1990 before polly was"

I have no dog in this fight, but I am a Nirvana fan and "Polly" was definitely written before 1990. Probably 1988 or 1989.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Administrator

I rarely post items from my collection, but when will I get another opportunity to post this? He kind of reminds me of someone...

[linked image]

-Ryan

Old 03-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Administrator

guess the top cat is Reford and the bottom cat is Waylond Jennings before he got caught up with Jones, Nelson and Cash.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff S.

So you picked that up Ryan - great item! I was lucky enough to snag the first numbered Nirvana 7" back in the early 1990's - still have it.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Ryan, that's Kurt Cobain????

Old 03-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steven Finley

If my way of reacting to an annoyance embarrassed the board I apologize. It's not my board, it's yours.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: marshall barkman

What i find so funny about all of this is when i state that i am not posting anymore then here come about 30 more posts of people still talking to or about me. With such a loving and christian conservative group of people you would think that enough is enough but.......whoaaaaaaaa.....here we go again with the burn the witch at the stake deal. The hypocrisy is sickening.

We have Ryan who is now talking about buying guns and threatening people with physical violence dragging his daughters into this. We have E Daniel talking about his wife and children. Talk about paranoid. I have 0 interest in married women and i will not even stoop to the level and drag children into this thread.

I can address certain issues because i understand accountability and also people. I watched the debates between Obama and MCcain and here is what i found interesting. MCcain said he would not sit down with the leader of N Korea in regards to the nuclear situation and the mediator asked why. MCcain stated what would i do tell the man you cannot do this and then he says i will do this so now there is a confrontation and standoff. Why would i want to attend the Network54 dinner? So a group of you can walk up wanting a confrontation? Why on earth would anyone want to participate in a social setting that would make everyone feel uncomfortable. I do not think the local minister is going to a Deftone concert anytime soon.

I will be at the National but it will not be looking for fights or trying to pick up guys wives or standing outside waiting for the holy one to arrive in the chocolate eclair spaceship with jawbreakers as headlights. I will be there to buy and grade cards which is what 90% of what everyone else is doing.

You guys give yourself way to much credit to think anyone is going to a card show so they can get themselves into trouble.

In regards to nirvana 1988-89 their sound was in Seattle stuck on sub-pop and no one on the East coast was paying any attention. I can assure you that if anyone influenced my song writing or musical influence it would be Mike Ness of Social Distortion,Sonic youth and also Jesus Mary chain.

I was at FIU the same time you were in regards to who asked the question.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Yeah, picked it up a few years ago from REA. It came with a sheet of stats for the team. Cobain hit .333 for the 1979 season.

-Ryan

Old 03-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ralph

Marshall
If you leave ..may I have your baseball cards ?

Old 03-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Wow....at least one guy has a sense of humor.....uhhhhh ohhhhhh.....to bad Ralph......Sarcasm is also a new touchy debate......jeeezzzzzzz.....i can hear the banning whispers abounding.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Administrator

That picture is really sad. Hard to believe he was a kid once who played Little League.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Marshall,

To be clear, Ryan is not "threatening people with physical violence." The word "people" implies more than one person. I was talking to you, not everyone in general. But I am not threatening you. I am not looking for a confrontation. I am glad to hear that you will not be talking smack to Joann at the National, because that is the only situation where any mention of physical violence came up (did it really?)

Also, the idea of buying a shotgun has been on my mind since the day my first daughter was born. But I swear that I don't have a gun. No I don't have a gun.

I've seen your picture. I'm no He-Man, but do you really think I would need a shotgun for you? All I meant was that there are plenty of dudes LIKE YOU in the world. You know, little boys that have issues with women. Of course, there is only one Marshall Barkman.

You are not in any danger. No one is out to get you. You will be safe at the National, and in the world generally, if you are not the same douchenozzle in person that you are on the board. But I think you might be exactly the same in person. Which is why you definitely will not show up.

-Ryan

Old 03-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Cobain looks strikingly similar to Timmy Lupus

[linked image]

Old 03-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Marshall,

If you go back to the other thread, you'll see that I actually asked you fairly nicely not to use such explicit language. This because I thought you actually had made a pretty clear effort to fit in lately, and I figured asking you instead of fighting with you might get somewhere.

Why did you respond so aggressively? Why do you do that anytime anyone disagrees with you? See, the thing is that people here disagree with each other all the time. They disagree over what grade a card should have gotten, whether someone really has a certain card or not, exaggerations and misrepresentations, who is the best auction and grading service - all things from hobby opinions to calling people out on bs to politics. Happens every day. Every day, and no one has managed to completely avoid challenges, never be disagreed with.

But when you get challenged, or someone disagrees with something you say or questions something you say, you come all unraveled. Same kind of thing everyone else gets, but you just explode. Then you say it's just you being you. Why do you get to be you, but when someone else has their own opinion they are everything from a Nazi to an idiot?

Seriously. Go back and look. I asked you nicely to tone it down. I even said go ahead and give it back to me, but just not the sexual stuff. That's the only thing I said I would ask the mods to do something about - attacking me with sexual stuff. But as to the general language that was not directed at me, I never attacked you at all. Just asked.

So why the big reaction?

J

And Ryan - happy.gif. Thanks very much. At this point I can use all the help I can get either in person or online.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: E, Daniel

for the pop psychology. I had a quick re-read of my post, and it's not nearly as drama filled as your response. You're quite the queen of discovery!

I merely stated for fact I don't visit as often as I once did, and am easily disinterested by Barkman tripe. If you find his posts interesting, read on macduff and have yourself a wonderful day. Wouldn't that road be better served by Barkman having his own blog you could dutifully follow????

My comments re Leon are based on the totality of his defence of MB, including references to seeing much of himself in Marshall from his lets say younger days happy.gif.

The fact you aren't disgusted by his mysoginistic bent, his exquisite sense of self (now there's a Johnson or Toole if ever I've read one) and berating of longstanding members without thought or care or even a smidgeon of UNDERSTANDING.....well, maybe says more about you than me.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JohnnyH

Wow thats a trip seeing that Cobain picture. I got to meet him once and saw them play a few times. He was very shy, very high, and definatly uncomfortable being the 'rock star'. He wasn't the best guitar player but sure could rock and write hits.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

What the hell is going on here? This is a forum about BASEBALL CARDS for crying out loud. It's a HOBBY. People are supposed to come here and post more information about the hobby, ask questions about the hobby, or express their joys about their latest find or their frustrations about the one that got away. That hardly seems like the type of thing that would raise passions, except maybe passions over things like "does Roger Bresnahan belong in the Hall of Fame"? Unless someone sold you a counterfeit or otherwise stole from you, it's hard for me to imagine any reason why anyone would take things so seriously and so emotionally. Lighten up. It's about baseball cards.

I must confess, though, that I did enjoy the use of the word(?) douche-ness and many other variants of the word douche in this thread. I had never seen most of them before.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

"But I swear that I don't have a gun. No I don't have a gun."

Best line in any of these threads, and most creative use of song lyrics.

If I didn't know better, I'd think Ryan posted that Kurdt photo and subsequent Marshall-goading just so he could drag out that lyric.

-Al

Old 03-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Administrator

WHat bothers you today, Mr. E.Daniel ? Are your manties in a bunch?

The cats on this board have had a long-standing commeraderie with or without Marshall. Is he actually going to change the board and its freindship? You being able not to see that I tried to push this to cards and forget the bickering tells me more about you and if your goal is to start this with me ,so be it.

I asked you a question earlier, "DO YOU LIKE MY JOHNSON"?

from your queen...........smoooa

Old 03-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jamie

This is about limits. Every board, as a community, needs to have rules and regulations to create a safe environment. Hate speech, or speech that is racially or sexually inflammatory, is destructive in its contribution to the board. It is the responsibility of those who moderate the board to use their authority to control its behavior and create a safe environment for everyone.

Homophobic, sexist and racist ("natzis") slurs that provoke mental, emotional and physical intimidation are more than "politically incorrect" - they are unethical and violent in nature. As such, they are damaging to the best interests of the Network54 board and society as a whole.

Removal of those who refuse to comply to those standards is not only appropriate, it is vital. Failure to do so states that the moderator and board complicity accept those types of violent statements as legitimate forms of self-expression. They are not.

For those who might falsely believe that those types of statements should be accepted as "free speech", the argument is flawed. Violent speech only serves to negate free speech, as for free speech to exist in its true from, it must be liberated from the violence and oppression of hate speech.

I applaud those who have actively protested against the hate speech that has occurred on the board, and join them in their protest. I feel confident that should it continue, our moderators will take the appropriate actions to rectify the situation.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Word of the day, no question. Very apt too.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Holy cow Jamie. What a great great post. You sum up about two day's worth of total bs in about a dozen lines. Very well done.

And to those that say people let it go, don't take it so seriously, don't be offended, I am dismayed by those responses. Some Jewish members were very offended by the Nazi comments, and to suggest that they are somehow wrong or disruptive by being offended is mindboggling. Same with the sexual comments. I get it that not everyone is offended. But please stop suggesting that I and others are doing something wrong when we say that we are offended and ask for it to stop. Just because you think it's ok doesn't mean everyone else has to suck it up and take it.

J

Old 03-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Joann.....i think one of the major problems with computers is the fact there is no voice tone. I am not seething or aggressively acting out. What bothers me is when any other human being tries to either influence or demand someone to do something in a controlling fashion such as trying to tell someone how and what they can say. I do not care whether someone cusses at me or not and in such a equality based world there are more gals i know who can BRING THE NOISE than men. When Mr.Finley basically called me every name in the book i rather smiled and said.......whoaaaaaaaa......where was this guy at tonight? The only reason i posted his e-mail is not the cussing but the fact that he acts so sincere and politically correct while on the board and then in a private e-mail Mr. Hyde is lurking. I thought the guy should have just been himself right here.

Also know Joann that i would never approach you in public or say anything to you unless it was by accident, if i were say at the grading booth at the National and you rolled up and i overheard your name as you talked to a grader i would just completely ignore you and slide two or three chairs down to distance myself, i am a huge fan of distancing one's self from any type of negativity in regards to energy. One of the biggest challenges i faced while on Tour in 2006 was walking into country clubs with and already pre-concieved notions by club managers. Many times i had to avoid locker rooms and also the grill because i did not want to waste mental energy explaining myself over and over again or hearing members whispering while gawking at me in the background things like "so this is where golf is heading". If you approached me somewhere i would just politely ask you to exit stage left, but i know you would never approach me so enough said. Alot of times when someone is speaking people tend to not to understand. For example there is this iconic comedian named George Carlin.....now when he rings off the cuss words the audience roars because his tone is much different than say a Andrew Dice Clay. Also different strokes for different folks.

Members will see me at the National and believe me no one will approach me and i will threaten no one. I will grade cards and shoot the breeze with many of the folks i know in the card game thru the years. You see in all honesty Network54 is not like Exxon or Red bull where everyone on the planet knows about it. There are many a person who has never heard of this site.

I wish you no harm so hopefully it is understood.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jamie

Thank you, Joann, and I hope that it will either move the moderators to act, or move anyone who has been using that type of speech towards a greater level of consciousness. Moreover, I hope that this is all resolved soon so we may return to discussing what we love - baseball cards.

Also, I want to say that I truly admire your personal courage for speaking out against this. That takes a considerable amount of strength on your part. Well done.

Best regards,

Jamie

Old 03-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Iam offended by any remarks made about women ,children and religions/nationalities, etc...i hope my post replies do not make me seem otherwise. The rest I can take or leave by attention.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Marshall,

I appreciate the response, but am not sure I understand all of it. I agree about not talking if we ever bump into one another personally. There are only two people here that I would say that about, and in your case it's probably more about bad blood already spilled than anything else.

But as to being yourself, the fact is that I find the constant sexual talk about banana hammocks and naked maids and f*&^ing girls offensive and intimidating. It has absolutely changed the way I read and use this board, and I don't post nearly as much as I might otherwise. There have been several times I've thought of something to post in a thread that you are either in or had started, but decided not to because it may have been something that was not in agreement with you and I didn't want to get the big sex blast directed at me again.

I think that's not fair. I've been here a long time and shouldn't have to back away just so you can be you. Same with the Jewish members that objected to the Nazi comparisons.

So I will ask again, nicely as I did the first time, to please not use so much of the overtly sexual language. I don't care about occasional things - that's the way it goes. Just not quite so much.

And as I said in the last post, thanking you in advance.

Joann

And to those other posters that say I should just get over it and ignore it and it should be okay, I say stand in my shoes for awhile, and then say that.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Administrator

I am offended by anyone who mentions the word offended because it gives someone the power to offend.

I think the last time i was offended was when my guitar tech broke my fav black Les Paul into shambles because he was tired of me playing a black guitar.