NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 02-01-2019, 08:39 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Default US Caine

Why do people keep falling for this clown??? Yes Jose, I'm talking about you

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-Topps-...UGCv:rk:5:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Topps-...UJF-:rk:1:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-Bowman...UFJJ:rk:9:pf:0
Old 02-02-2019, 10:20 AM
Robert Marks

I understand he is a well known forger, but how does he get JSA certs?
Old 02-02-2019, 10:22 AM
Jeff Carlson

Last year, I bought a 1963 Fleer Ken Boyer from him. It is one of the three remaining cards I need to complete the autographed set. I sent it in to PSA for authentication and it came back as "likely not authentic." I contacted him and asked for a refund, which he granted. Not knowing any better, I returned the card with the PSA paperwork and moved on.

About 6 months later, the same exact card came up for sale again. I reported it to Ebay, but they didn't take action and it ended up selling for more than I had paid previously.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:49 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Ken Boyer, Hubbs, multiples of each. People keep on buying and people keep on authenticating. His favorites are Kirby Puckett and Walter Payton. Most get by the TPA’s. If you look at some of his other garbage, it’s all the same light pressure hand with light pen as to make it look smooth. Look at the Mays’ too. A bunch of his encapsulated stuff is garbage.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:39 AM
keith janosky

Whats even more amasing is he has 100% feedback which people are buying into. Doesn't Ebay have a policy that you can't give a seller negative feedback or something like that?

Last edited by keithsky; 02-02-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:04 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

It's the other way around. Sellers can't leave negatives for buyers, assuming they paid for the item. The thing about feedback is that it's mostly a rating of the seller's service. Obviously if someone buys the item, they believe it's authentic. So as long as the seller sends a nice email thanking them for their bid, packages the item well and ships it out fast, they're more than likely going to receive positive feedback. It has little to do with the authenticity of what they sold.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:24 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonjok View Post
Last year, I bought a 1963 Fleer Ken Boyer from him. It is one of the three remaining cards I need to complete the autographed set. I sent it in to PSA for authentication and it came back as "likely not authentic." I contacted him and asked for a refund, which he granted. Not knowing any better, I returned the card with the PSA paperwork and moved on.

About 6 months later, the same exact card came up for sale again. I reported it to Ebay, but they didn't take action and it ended up selling for more than I had paid previously.
The problem is you are out the fee for PSA. I assume it was Jose correct? This guy is such a thief. I hate to be on a rant, but people come out of the woodwork to make comments on another Mickey Mantle "good or bad?thread, but this guy just keeps on selling his forgeries with barely a scant comment from the peanut gallery.

Another Ebayer selling numerous forgeries is AVIT Consultants (sp?) in California. They sell tons of deceased stars and others signed in a light hand, light ink soft flow. I'm sure they and Jose are connected.

At least if they pass a TPA people are putting their trust in the opinion of someone that should know better. With $600 on a Walter Payton signed RC. Come on man.............
Old 02-02-2019, 04:41 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Hey Jason,
I’m right there with you...my history with Jose is well documented here. Still don’t understand how he continues to pass this crap.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 02-02-2019, 08:25 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

I’m not afraid to say he got me and I know you aren’t either. It’s part of the autograph game, but you generally don’t expect people who used to participate in net54 to be thieves and criminals. Live and learn I guess. I just hate to see good collectors that don’t know better continue to get had.

For all that have read these threads about him, all I ask is to please pass it on to all your autograph collecting friends. This guy is a thief and nothing more.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:34 PM
+0m J()rd@N

Those are horrible.

It is a shame to ruin all those cards. And a shame that he is not locked up.
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)
Old 02-03-2019, 10:12 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
The problem is you are out the fee for PSA. I assume it was Jose correct? This guy is such a thief. I hate to be on a rant, but people come out of the woodwork to make comments on another Mickey Mantle "good or bad?thread, but this guy just keeps on selling his forgeries with barely a scant comment from the peanut gallery.

Another Ebayer selling numerous forgeries is AVIT Consultants (sp?) in California. They sell tons of deceased stars and others signed in a light hand, light ink soft flow. I'm sure they and Jose are connected.

At least if they pass a TPA people are putting their trust in the opinion of someone that should know better. With $600 on a Walter Payton signed RC. Come on man.............
I'll give you a comment. Not only is this guy a licensed F Face loser, You should stop buying at e-bay altogether. I know it's hard because it's SOOOOOO FUN to watch these illiterate moron buy and sell complete garbage. At the end of the day, protect your own and don't worry about the other clowns wasting their $$$ on forgeries and the losers that shear the unsuspecting boobs.

Anybody spending 6 beans on a Walter Payton card is an imbecile in any case PERIOD. So there's my e-bay rant for the 3rd time today. I hope that helps you Duluth!

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 02-03-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:38 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Problem is I bought from him off of the Net54 board and not eBay. I know you hate eBay Chuck, but I just build a small percentage in to my buys for having to deal with idiots. There are a lot more built in protection than there used to be to recover your money. Most of his buyers don’t realize they’ve been had until the TPA says no which is sometimes too late.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:40 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

BTW,
Chuck I thought you might know him as he claimed to be a San Fran / Oakland area guy. I thought I remember you were from No Cal as well
Old 02-04-2019, 08:12 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Problem is I bought from him off of the Net54 board and not eBay. I know you hate eBay Chuck, but I just build a small percentage in to my buys for having to deal with idiots. There are a lot more built in protection than there used to be to recover your money. Most of his buyers don’t realize they’ve been had until the TPA says no which is sometimes too late.
Same here...He ripped me off on Net54 after a few others vouched for the authenticity of the Walter Payton signature...
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 02-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
Same here...He ripped me off on Net54 after a few others vouched for the authenticity of the Walter Payton signature...
The Payton autos he has look good to me. That’s why I don’t offer my opinion on autographs. I don’t want my opinion to affect someone financially - either by buying or not buying an autograph. I am not qualified to do so.
In this market with so much authenticated stuff out there, you have to purchase it certified - at least anything over $100. When I opened my store, I took everything with an autograph to a tpa and had it certified. Then I got rid of the stuff that would not pass. Before I sell an item it is tpa authenticated. I don’t want the bad karma of selling fake stuff.
The main reason you would buy a piece raw is to save money - but that’s a big gamble. Sure, a certified Payton rc is big bucks if you can find one. His was probably much less and buyers have to question why - the same with those who buy 1952 mantles for $500 or less. This particular seller has a ton of certified stuff - then a few pieces (the biggest ones) not certified. The only reason I can think is that they won’t pass.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
Ouch, I did not realize... Points well taken. Sickening.

I'm from the So Cal SFV area.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:32 PM
Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
The Payton autos he has look good to me. That’s why I don’t offer my opinion on autographs. I don’t want my opinion to affect someone financially - either by buying or not buying an autograph. I am not qualified to do so.
In this market with so much authenticated stuff out there, you have to purchase it certified - at least anything over $100. When I opened my store, I took everything with an autograph to a tpa and had it certified. Then I got rid of the stuff that would not pass. Before I sell an item it is tpa authenticated. I don’t want the bad karma of selling fake stuff.
The main reason you would buy a piece raw is to save money - but that’s a big gamble. Sure, a certified Payton rc is big bucks if you can find one. His was probably much less and buyers have to question why - the same with those who buy 1952 mantles for $500 or less. This particular seller has a ton of certified stuff - then a few pieces (the biggest ones) not certified. The only reason I can think is that they won’t pass.
I am thankful for the help from all here. After trying many years, I am just not good at authenticating. My personal buying "pain point" is $200. Maybe $600 is "chump change" for this buyer.

Last edited by Case12; 02-04-2019 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Casey

My next big purchase above my "pain point" will be a Ty Cobb cut. You can bet I will be begging for input from this forum before I would buy. I don't care if it has a good TPA or not. :-)

Last edited by Case12; 02-04-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:22 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Default More AVIT consulatants garbage

These guys are pretty good. They have made a lot of money selling forgeries with the major uptick in signed cards over the last few years. This is a pretty good Alzado that someone is going to get burned on. They have SO many more victims out there. All I hope to do with these comments is save one NET54 er from getting burnt. Happy Thanksgiving.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Broncos-LYL...m&LH_Auction=1
Old 06-02-2020, 09:31 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

https://www.ebay.com/sch/us_caine/m....p2047675.l2562

More "Authentication" from CAS. You have been told many times this guy is a forger, yet it continues.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:14 AM

He just sold a Walt Bond 64 Topps for 230, a Don Wilson 1974 Topps and then relisted another on his burner account abimagu_0. Total dirt bag.
Old 11-11-2020, 12:54 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

https://www.ebay.com/sch/joti_1475/m...p2047675.l2562

more of the same yet the bidders still show up
Old 03-02-2024, 10:02 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Default Cellopackbuyer

My old friend Jose is trying again. So, before anyone asks "How does this Gil Hodges look"?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item...cellopackbuyer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hodges.jpg (83.5 KB, 135 views)
Old 03-03-2024, 04:58 AM

This crap continues, yet my extremely perfect and beautiful Hodges 3X5 got yanked off eBay for "authenticity concerns" a while back. A more typical-looking Hodges autograph could not be found. Sorry, nameless eBay "expert"; I don't know you, but I'll stake my reputation on the fact that my knowledge on the subject matter surpasses yours. I relisted it with full confidence in its authenticity and it sold. Never heard from the buyer again. Either he shared my feeling that the authenticity was a no-brainer or he submitted it somewhere, and somebody else liked it, too. Go figure.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 03-03-2024 at 05:00 AM.
Old 03-03-2024, 05:01 AM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

He listed a card I needed a while ago. Before I saw his username, I thought ‘That looks like it was signed yesterday’ then I saw his username and figured it probably was.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:16 AM

Quote:
My old friend Jose is trying again. So, before anyone asks "How does this Gil Hodges look"?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item...cellopackbuyer
I saw this one pop up and got excited for a split second until I saw the seller. So frustrating!