NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-20-2021, 09:14 PM
Eric Perry

Default Slightly OT - card shows

Other than last weekend’s Philly Show, are there any other shows in the Southeast PA area? I’d like to get back into attending (and setting up at) shows now that everything is beginning to open back up.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 06-22-2021, 04:27 AM
Jamie

I saw a link on Twitter can’t remember where but it linked to an individual state listing. I saw that shows in Wyomissing (Berks) were listed along with a few others maybe in Willow Grove? The Wyomissing may be at the Berkshire Mall. If you live in the KOP area that is like 30 minutes away up 422. They seem to be promoted by the same company.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:16 AM
Eric Perry

Giving this a bump to see what else may be out there. Chester, Lancsaster, Montgomery counties in particular.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 08-04-2021, 11:31 AM
Robert J. Miller

Sounds like you are in my neck of the woods. I am just north of Philly.

There is a small monthly show in Bordentown, NJ by RK Sports Promotions. It is right off the Bordentown exit of the turnpike at the Town Inn (I think is was a Ramada Inn before). To sell, it is hit or miss. One day you can do great and the next sell nothing. Pre Covid the crowds were decent before noon but quickly dropped off.

He also has an auction in Lebanon, NJ monthly. I never attended so I have no idea what they are like.

How this gives you something to do on a Sunday...........

Bob
Old 08-04-2021, 12:22 PM
Jay Shumsky

I'm about 25 minutes from Bordentown. Any idea if there are usually dealers at the show with vintage or pre-war?
Old 08-04-2021, 01:10 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Shows

https://www.beckett.com/venue_manager

https://sportscollectorsdigest.com/c.../show-calendar

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/...nvention-guide

Try these links.

BTW, I set up in at a show in Milwaukee on the 25th and we had, at most, 20 customers come through the door. I was expecting a big crowd, but it didn't happen.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:42 PM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
https://www.beckett.com/venue_manager

https://sportscollectorsdigest.com/c.../show-calendar

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/...nvention-guide

Try these links.

BTW, I set up in at a show in Milwaukee on the 25th and we had, at most, 20 customers come through the door. I was expecting a big crowd, but it didn't happen.
Surprising. There have been big crowds at shows in Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, and Texas. Not National big, but way better than pre pandemic crowds.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:51 PM
Phil Garry

Been big crowds at many of the Florida shows too. Of course, down here it’s a free for all and anything goes.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:34 PM

I'm guessing a lot of the new smaller shows that are popping up will NOT have vintage baseball cards, because the "shiny" stuff is what is popular these days.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:42 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
I'm guessing a lot of the new smaller shows that are popping up will NOT have vintage baseball cards, because the "shiny" stuff is what is popular these days.
I'm actually looking for one of those "new smaller shows that are popping up" to set up a table at. Again, something close to me. If it turns out well, I could become the "vintage guy" at that show every month.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 08-04-2021, 04:31 PM
Robert J. Miller

No there is not much vintage. Maybe someone with vintage may do well since they might be the only one or one of a few.

Bob
Old 08-04-2021, 06:34 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
I'm about 25 minutes from Bordentown. Any idea if there are usually dealers at the show with vintage or pre-war?
I drove up to one or two. Last time walked in and out in 10 minutes and said never again. Very minimal pre war. But times change and that was over a year ago.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

That's what we always think but it rarely happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan View Post

No there is not much vintage. Maybe someone with vintage may do well since they might be the only one or one of a few.

Bob
Old 08-07-2021, 12:08 PM
Johnny MaZilli

How is the Dallas show for vintage ?

Is it worth going in a couple weeks ?
Old 08-08-2021, 11:58 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
How is the Dallas show for vintage ?

Is it worth going in a couple weeks ?
There are several good vintage dealers there and it's worth your time to come down. As a vendor, I can assure you this show has a nice national reputation from what I heard in Chicago. And if you don't find stuff at the show, there are 4, count em 4, decent card stores within 30 minutes of the event.

Rich
Old 08-08-2021, 12:22 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
There are several good vintage dealers there and it's worth your time to come down. As a vendor, I can assure you this show has a nice national reputation from what I heard in Chicago. And if you don't find stuff at the show, there are 4, count em 4, decent card stores within 30 minutes of the event.

Rich
That’s Rich I might have to come down !
Old 08-08-2021, 12:37 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post

Rich
That’s Rich I might have to come down !
Old 08-08-2021, 01:25 PM
James M.

On the subject of Shows, I'm really hoping we avoid any future shutdowns. I'm not sure how likely that is, with everything going on but who knows at this point.

I'm going to try to get to the Hofstra Show as it's pretty close to me. It doesn't appear there's much on any sort of schedules that I look at for Shows in the New York area. Especially when it comes to Vintage. Unless I am missing something that someone knows about, then please share!

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.