NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Default Alot of hype and bidding

Posted By: joe brennan

http://cgi.ebay.com/PSA-Graded-1910-T206-JOHNNY-KLING-Very-rare-error-card_W0QQitemZ330092871443QQihZ014QQcategoryZ31718 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$25 card getting alot of bids because of the hype. I wouldn't call this a variation nor an error or every hue would be discribed that way.

In Rememberance of James W. Brennan Sr. 1924-1982. Dad, thanks for everything you did for me.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

For quite some time I've considered the Kling T206 a bit tougher than the guides suggest. So the price might be about right, but that is a super-sized load of hype.

Seems to me that Klings appear less often. He was a hold out one year, and I figure some kids and fans might have pitched his card because of that. That's all that I could come up with that makes sense. We see the same thing today... Scot Rolen is with the Phillies, a kid collects his rookie cards and all that follow, Rolen signs with the Cardinals, and then we see lots on eBay that each have a big pile of Rolen's cards.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Russ Bright

keeping with the seller's anonimity... BUT... i have the feeling that his seller knows what he's talking about, and it may very well be worth more... the guy IS doing his selling best and hyping the card, as every good seller should but...

not everyone's trying to rip you off, and I'm pretty sure that this guy can do without your money...

Old 03-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

I think you'd be surprised who the seller is and yes he has a lot of knowledge about T206 cards, having done extensive research and published his findings about "The Monster."

Old 03-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe brennan

Didn't say he didn't know his cards. Just don't see the significance of a slightly off color back. Does a Cobb orange sell for more than it's red conterpart? If it does, I admit I am wrong. Sorry for questioning the seller. Joe

In Rememberance of James W. Brennan Sr. 1924-1982. Dad, thanks for everything you did for me.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

yes, to my knowledge, off-color cobbs do command a little bit of a premium.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Darren

I have found that Kling is tougher to find than most "commons"...this scarcity compounded with the color variation, semi-star of era and I believe he is Jewish all result in increased demand.