NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Default 1920's 4 in 1 BOXING/BASEBALL EXHIBIT CARD.JACK DEMPSEY HEINIE GROH AND STANLEY HARRIS

Posted By: Dan Lundrigan

Was any one else watching this Exhibit card it ended a few weeks ago Ebay # 170098561299 it went for more than my snipe.I have never seen an Exhibit card like this can anyone shed a little more light on this unusual baseball/boxing card.If anyone has others like this I would love to see any scans.The other boxer according to the description was Rocky Kansas.Sorry for the bad scan it`s the best I can do since it is not mine.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Default 1920's 4 in 1 BOXING/BASEBALL EXHIBIT CARD.JACK DEMPSEY HEINIE GROH AND STANLEY HARRIS

Posted By: boxingcardman

It appears to have been issued as an adjunct to the PC back exhibit baseball, boxing and entertainment sets, probably as a means of reusing some of the images. My suspicion is that it is a first effort at 4 on 1 issues for the company, since it was cruder than the later 4-on-1 issues and is very rare. I've seen only a handful of these cards of any subjects. This one was the first I'd seen with those particular subjects. Also known are Eugene Criqui-Dave Shade-Ty Cobb-Joe Judge and Joe Judge-Ty Cobb-Charlie Chaplin-Marie Prevost. There is also a George Kelly 1/4 card known, which means there must be another card configuration out there.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

I've never seen a 4-1 exhibit with the names in little boxes. Or a 4-1 exhibit with two of the pictures upside down. Could it have been from a different company altogether? With two of the pictures upside down, I think this card was intended to be cut apart, like a strip card or the W504 card sheets. That's also different than other exhibits which, judging by the backs, were meant to stay in one piece.