NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 03-13-2020, 02:45 PM
J0hn H@rper

PSA 4 Billy Martin and three high number PSA 2 to 3 commons picked up yesterday.

Only 93 high numbers left now Including all the big ones

112/407
Old 03-13-2020, 04:03 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsagain74 View Post
PSA 4 Billy Martin and three high number PSA 2 to 3 commons picked up yesterday.

Only 93 high numbers left now Including all the big ones

112/407
Glad to hear you're making good progress, John. I need to get refocused and concentrate on finishing my low number run instead chasing and spending my money on variations and other cards that I don't necessarily need.

Post up picks when you can. I know I like seeing them as I'm sure many others do as well.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:21 PM
J0hn H@rper

Thanks Irv!

I'm sure most of you saw all those high numbers up for auction last night. I spewed bids all over (most ended at around the same time, which made tracking your progress and sniping a mess).

I'm ok with the three I won (for the price), but it was nothing to write home about. The typical story for acquiring these in the current market for them
Old 03-13-2020, 05:12 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsagain74 View Post
Thanks Irv!

I'm sure most of you saw all those high numbers up for auction last night. I spewed bids all over (most ended at around the same time, which made tracking your progress and sniping a mess).

I'm ok with the three I won (for the price), but it was nothing to write home about. The typical story for acquiring these in the current market for them
Truthfully, with my recent Sain/Page error purchase and the CDN dollar in the absolute crapper, I am not even watching anymore. I purchased a card on the cheap about 5 days ago after my Sain purchase and I'm regretting even doing that.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:49 PM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I need to get refocused and concentrate on finishing my low number run instead chasing and spending my money on variations and other cards that I don't necessarily need.
I hadn't really bought anything but '52 T since I started going after the set, but that's mostly because I'd already filled most of my general wish list I expected to get anytime soon (rather than ironclad willpower or focus!)

Did pick up something different tonight though....finally got the Mantle. '68 Mantle that is. Always liked the look of the '65 and '68 Micks, so those were a backburner thing for when I happened to bump into something worthwhile. Tonight that happened with a Greg Morris nice low grade '68. One of those bids that you never expected to hold up, and consider it a nice surprise when "pay now" is your next fee-bay bell message

He had a couple more disastrous '68 Mantles up too. For GM stuff, mine would have usually gone for about 70-75 bucks and those beaters for 50-55 each. But tonight, mine went for 52 and the beaters 33 and 46.

Last edited by cardsagain74; 03-18-2020 at 08:33 PM.