NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-15-2022, 12:20 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Ebay is like the Wild West.....

Check this out:

Baseball Card | Chas. W. Bennet | N 28 Series |Year 1887 | Collectible | Slabbed (Item # 255210478225)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25521047822...YAAOSwj7JhgvUK

Slabbed? OMG! Plus the guy only has 7 of this card left at the low price of $398 each! Get them quick!

Looks like he has an 8th one for sale and that one is only $395! Shaking my head! EBay item number:255329748224

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25532974822...sAAOSw2OJh4EWM

I'm laughing so hard...... I'm crying! OMG!

PS: I just sent him a message through Ebay: "Wow, that is amazing you have 7 of these. What is your best price on all 7? I really need 9 of these to fill a 9 pocket sheet but will settle for the 7 or is it 8 that you have!?"

I got a response this morn from him: "No i have only 1 sorry mistake. Will change this right now!"

He never even tried to sell me his 1?!?!?!?! Not that I would buy a fake! But still! I feel insulted! lol

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by vthobby; 01-15-2022 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-15-2022, 07:32 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Mike, if you’re buying, I would rather have his $100,000.00 Messi card.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-15-2022, 08:35 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

The ways of EBay keeps going and the many people that like go play their games

It is interesting watching it sometimes but it make using eBay that much harder

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 01-15-2022, 09:04 AM
Mike P.ap

Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Mike, if you’re buying, I would rather have his $100,000.00 Messi card.
Frank, My attention has now shifted to soccer!

Old 01-15-2022, 09:05 AM
Mike P.ap

Default agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post

Jeff,

I had the same thought last night and with the repeated USPS horror stories, my Ebay purchases have literally halted as of 3 months ago before the holiday rush. Too many scammers and too few postal workers.

Crazy times indeed.

Thanks! Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 01-15-2022 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:14 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default I found your package

https://news.yahoo.com/thieves-loot-...214224509.html

Apparently the LAPD does not have jurisdiction over train track smash and grab. It is the responsibility of the Union Pacific Police. oh my!!!

The Union Pacific Police are based in Omaha, Nebraska. I hope they are on their way.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:46 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
Check this out:

Baseball Card | Chas. W. Bennet | N 28 Series |Year 1887 | Collectible | Slabbed (Item # 255210478225)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25521047822...YAAOSwj7JhgvUK

Slabbed? OMG! Plus the guy only has 7 of this card left at the low price of $398 each! Get them quick!

Looks like he has an 8th one for sale and that one is only $395! Shaking my head! EBay item number:255329748224

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25532974822...sAAOSw2OJh4EWM

I'm laughing so hard...... I'm crying! OMG!

PS: I just sent him a message through Ebay: "Wow, that is amazing you have 7 of these. What is your best price on all 7? I really need 9 of these to fill a 9 pocket sheet but will settle for the 7 or is it 8 that you have!?"

I got a response this morn from him: "No i have only 1 sorry mistake. Will change this right now!"

He never even tried to sell me his 1?!?!?!?! Not that I would buy a fake! But still! I feel insulted! lol

Attachment 497774
Buy it and when you receive it and it isn't real return it for your cash back. It is near impossible to get screwed as a buyer on eBay. Then come on here and call them a scammer because the card wasn't real. I almost miss the member that used to do that.
Old 01-15-2022, 10:58 AM
Bob
Bob Comm.entucci

He still has multiple listings for the same exact card.
Old 01-15-2022, 11:04 AM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post

OMG, as a long-time eBay member (basically when they started, boy the time sure flies) I cannot believe how they have become the flea market. Add to it, with all the trinkets, gee-gaws and fakes, their search has morphed over and over with "beta" new updates and upgrades that it is virtually impossible to find what you are searching for now.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 01-15-2022, 11:42 AM
CostA Kl@d1@n0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
OMG, as a long-time eBay member (basically when they started, boy the time sure flies) I cannot believe how they have become the flea market. Add to it, with all the trinkets, gee-gaws and fakes, their search has morphed over and over with "beta" new updates and upgrades that it is virtually impossible to find what you are searching for now.

After the “upgrade” a few months ago where you couldn’t search by sport and it basically killed all my saved searches I’m done with eBay. Only forums, Twitter and FB for me. Says a lot when I trust those more than Ebay. At least I can somewhat know the ppl I am dealing with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2022, 12:53 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
https://news.yahoo.com/thieves-loot-...214224509.html

Apparently the LAPD does not have jurisdiction over train track smash and grab. It is the responsibility of the Union Pacific Police. oh my!!!

The Union Pacific Police are based in Omaha, Nebraska. I hope they are on their way.

Local CBS affiliate ran a story on this with the image above.

LAPD has jurisdiction but has to have a complaint from the property owner to get involved--that's the sacrosanct private property system for ya.

I'm getting to the point where my compassion is exhausted. Our next mayoral election is going to be decided on this single issue, because the bums are wrecking our parks and public spaces, destroying our amenities, and stealing everything they can get their hands on. We got bedbugs in the fall riding the subway because of the bums using the subway as a crash pad. Cost me $3,000 and a month of living out of a suitcase to de-bug the house.

To paraphrase Captain Kirk in The Trouble With Tribbles, "I want them out of my city. I don't care if takes every man we've got, I want them out of the city."

If only we could beam them into the Klingons' engine room...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 01-15-2022 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2022, 12:59 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
That's the sacrosanct private property for ya.

I'm getting to the point where my compassion is exhausted. Our next mayoral election is going to be decided on this single issue, because the bums are wrecking our parks and public spaces, destroying our amenities, and stealing everything they can get their hands on. We got bedbugs in the fall riding the subway because of the bums using the subway as a crash pad. Cost me $3,000 and a month of living out of a suitcase to de-bug the house.

To paraphrase Captain Kirk in The Trouble With Tribbles, "I want them out of my city. I don't care if takes every man we've got, I want them out of the city." At this point, I don't care what you do with them: put them on buses to North Dakota, whatever, just get them the hell out of my city.
We don't mollycoddle them up here in the Dakotas so they like you all a lot better and will stay there.
Old 01-15-2022, 01:01 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
We don't mollycoddle them up here in the Dakotas so they like you all a lot better and will stay there.
OK, Wyoming...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 01-15-2022, 01:10 PM
Rob

Dealers should collude and come up with a keyword like "prewar". I used to search large dealers by category and impulse buy all sorts of stuff that I wasn't looking for. My eBay buying has gone way, way down since they eliminated the categories. 20 years ago I had fun selling on eBay. I would never even think of listing anything on there now.
Old 01-17-2022, 03:32 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
Dealers should collude and come up with a keyword like "prewar". I used to search large dealers by category and impulse buy all sorts of stuff that I wasn't looking for. My eBay buying has gone way, way down since they eliminated the categories. 20 years ago I had fun selling on eBay. I would never even think of listing anything on there now.
I don't sell on ebay but I still buy. And there are more fakes, reprints and forgeries than ever.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:33 PM

I bought a New York Yankess "Vintage" Yearbook off a seller on ebay. Seller sent it out and awaiting this purchase to my location. I received what was left of the package from USPS stating. USPS added this torn up front of a envelope inside of their own envelope! Stating the issue of this mailing. I contacted the "Seller" stating what happened to purchase. He wrote back like it was on me! I wrote back to him that I didn't receive this "Yearbook" why is it my fault! It went back and forth till ebay got involved! Ebay messaged me that they will reimburse me! This "Seller" just couldn't get my thought processing! That I purchased from him of something that I did not receive! How is it possible that the "seller" believed that it was on me!
Old 01-17-2022, 08:07 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Paul View Post
I bought a New York Yankess "Vintage" Yearbook off a seller on ebay. Seller sent it out and awaiting this purchase to my location. I received what was left of the package from USPS stating. USPS added this torn up front of a envelope inside of their own envelope! Stating the issue of this mailing. I contacted the "Seller" stating what happened to purchase. He wrote back like it was on me! I wrote back to him that I didn't receive this "Yearbook" why is it my fault! It went back and forth till ebay got involved! Ebay messaged me that they will reimburse me! This "Seller" just couldn't get my thought processing! That I purchased from him of something that I did not receive! How is it possible that the "seller" believed that it was on me!
Someone on Twitter today stated he was just getting into selling and wanted to know how to best ship cards. I told him that no matter what method he used, postal/package carriers will still find a way to deliver less than what he shipped.

I still buy on ebay. There are still a lot of credible dealers who are exhausted by dillhole buyers. They are always thankful when I buy, pay, and they can ship in 12 hours. I'd go back to my card shop, but he just doesn't carry what I can find online.

I have started buying on COMC a lot more. I like them a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo