NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 11-22-2021, 07:34 PM
Curt

Had been doing some excavating, so the Campy was not too deep after all. Pretty sure I have never shared any images of this before. I even managed to save a copy of the ebay auction. I wish I had done that for everything. It's not only good info, but fun to go back in time for a glimpse of what was happening at that time. Turns out, I bought this in July 2002.

If I got taken, the money hasn't been missed, at least not since around July 2002! If it's legit, I got a heck of a deal!

The COA and autograph ticket (from 1991) are meaningless at this point, and frankly were then as well. The seller was in NJ, which is a sign in the right direction, but still meaningless.

I can't make out the last name from the first name on the Cert and that business name didn't bring up anything in a quick search. Anyone have any knowledge/experience with the business or the names (if you recognize)?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0978.jpg (76.2 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0979.jpg (78.1 KB, 126 views)
Old 11-22-2021, 07:37 PM
Curt

Now that I have posted this, I have my doubts this is legit, at least compared to the Front Row and the photo.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:00 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

The ticket looks to be authentic but that does not mean it actually belongs to the item in question. I don't like the signature and the COA meant nothing then or now. The late 90's to early 2000's were filled with fakes being sold on Ebay. His post accident autographs had no consistency so about the only way to be sure was to have witnessed the signature. I'm surprised the 3rd party authenticators even authenticate his post accident autos.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:14 PM
Curt

Agreed about all comments. I had not even seen the item in years. At first I thought maybe the larger item might make signing a little easier as he would not have to focus on keeping within a very small area like a card, 3x5 or even an 8x10. His arm could move as wide as needed, given what control he did have of his limbs. I don't see another post accident looking this "steady", most exhibit a shakiness that would likely be present in his condition.

I found a pre-accident cut, so that beats out any post accident signature as far as i am concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand1com View Post
The ticket looks to be authentic but that does not mean it actually belongs to the item in question. I don't like the signature and the COA meant nothing then or now. The late 90's to early 2000's were filled with fakes being sold on Ebay. His post accident autographs had no consistency so about the only way to be sure was to have witnessed the signature. I'm surprised the 3rd party authenticators even authenticate his post accident autos.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:14 AM
Scott Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
Had been doing some excavating, so the Campy was not too deep after all. Pretty sure I have never shared any images of this before. I even managed to save a copy of the ebay auction. I wish I had done that for everything. It's not only good info, but fun to go back in time for a glimpse of what was happening at that time. Turns out, I bought this in July 2002.

If I got taken, the money hasn't been missed, at least not since around July 2002! If it's legit, I got a heck of a deal!

The COA and autograph ticket (from 1991) are meaningless at this point, and frankly were then as well. The seller was in NJ, which is a sign in the right direction, but still meaningless.

I can't make out the last name from the first name on the Cert and that business name didn't bring up anything in a quick search. Anyone have any knowledge/experience with the business or the names (if you recognize)?
I had not ever seen this image- wow, shows that Campy likely had a positive outlook on life even after such a tragic event. Thanks for sharing (and I of course cannot comment on that signature or the COA's).
Old 11-23-2021, 03:19 PM
Chuck Tapia

I don't like the 3 x 5 cards at all.

Here's the Roy Scribanella's I have. The Photo is a reframe job from an original Scoreboard endeavor, like the ball is.

The leather on the ball was originally signed flat and then stitched on the ball, albeit "BACKWARDS", .

The Christopher Paluso is 28/250

I used to love to see Roy at the Stadium on the old club level. He actually signed a ball for my buddy when he asked him. I never could get up the nerve to ask but would "Shake" his hand. He was very approachable and a very nice guy always with a smile on his face. He had his own spot just to the left of home plate for his wheelchair and 1-seat for Roxy. They were at virtually every game. Everyone knew that WAS ROY's SPOT!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roy yogi 5.jpg (69.3 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg Roy.jpg (68.4 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg Roy Campanella 3.jpg (67.3 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg Roy Campanella 4.jpg (68.9 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2054.jpg (69.1 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2055.jpg (69.7 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 11-23-2021 at 03:30 PM.