NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-28-2019, 12:15 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Brent is doing good things for the hobby.
Pretty f’in sad! Anyone who has allowed themselves to be in a position where there too scared/reliant on brents $$$ to exercise moral standards/do the right thing is shit on my shoe.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:17 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Obviously eBay has nothing to do with this. It’s even more remarkable that those responsible could possibly believe everyone would believe that story. When Bobby is holding a subpoenas let’s see if he sticks to it. Hard to imagine someone would purposely insert themselves into this and be willing to deal with the ramifications. Perhaps I’m working in the wrong industry because advertising dollars in baseball card related fields must be very substantial to get the owners support like this. Bobby, are you looking to sell a piece?
Old 05-28-2019, 12:22 PM
B. Schneid.
Ben Sch.neider

What is also crazy is these doctors are not only trimming, but they are successfully filling print hickies, like this Mays rookie.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showth...290614&page=67

And this Robinson. There are many more on the blowout thread.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showpo...postcount=1663
Old 05-28-2019, 12:27 PM
Scott Russell

Tried to register on BO and got banned before I could make my first post???
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 05-28-2019, 12:29 PM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
This is getting ridiculous. So anyone who brent advertises with is too reliant on his advertising $$$’s to do whats right here???
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge View Post
Obviously eBay has nothing to do with this. It’s even more remarkable that those responsible could possibly believe everyone would believe that story. When Bobby is holding a subpoenas let’s see if he sticks to it. Hard to imagine someone would purposely insert themselves into this and be willing to deal with the ramifications. Perhaps I’m working in the wrong industry because advertising dollars in baseball card related fields must be very substantial to get the owners support like this. Bobby, are you looking to sell a piece?
Kauai ain't cheap. Median home price is $750K
Old 05-28-2019, 12:31 PM
K@t Alex@nder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Wow that one is a major doozie. Or is it doozy? Either way wow.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:31 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Tried to register on BO and got banned before I could make my first post???
Someone has good judgment.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:33 PM
Bobby Binder

VCP has been in business for 12 years now this month...and in that 12 years our eBay feed has been cut off 2 times.

We did not receive any email or letter from eBay telling us it was going to happen if we did not comply. We were working as usual and lost connectivity, and after doing all our trouble shooting found out it was the API feed not returning the calls.

11 years ago they turned off our API we called and they told us we needed to contact Terapeak and start paying for a license in order to post the data. We called Terapeak made a payment and they called eBay and our API was then turned back on again.

Yesterday again the same thing happening, while working we lost connection to eBay. So after trouble shooting we contacted eBay, was told that we had been flagged for a API data violation of posting buyer information. And it needed to be removed in order for our API to be restored. We removed the information and called them and an hour later our API was working again.

I wish I had more to show you but that is all I have...
Old 05-28-2019, 12:37 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Someone has good judgment.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 05-28-2019, 12:39 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

I guess it's possible PWCC made complaints 'my personal info is posted at this site' in an effort to get the data removed. Not a lawyer, but would it be a stretch to call such a scenario tortious interference?
Old 05-28-2019, 12:52 PM
K@t Alex@nder

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotgreb View Post
For those, like myself, wanting to bring these issues to the attention of the FBI, following is the link to the Internet Crime Complaint Center

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yes! I would also suggest filing a complaint with the FTC. Not sure if anyone has tried this route before but it's worth a shot given how widespread this is. Go to Complaint Assistant - Internet Services/Online Shopping or Something Else if you're not sure which category you're in given your individual experience. Even if the FTC can't do something about it they can direct the information to those who can.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:14 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyVCP View Post
VCP has been in business for 12 years now this month...and in that 12 years our eBay feed has been cut off 2 times.

We did not receive any email or letter from eBay telling us it was going to happen if we did not comply. We were working as usual and lost connectivity, and after doing all our trouble shooting found out it was the API feed not returning the calls.

11 years ago they turned off our API we called and they told us we needed to contact Terapeak and start paying for a license in order to post the data. We called Terapeak made a payment and they called eBay and our API was then turned back on again.

Yesterday again the same thing happening, while working we lost connection to eBay. So after trouble shooting we contacted eBay, was told that we had been flagged for a API data violation of posting buyer information. And it needed to be removed in order for our API to be restored. We removed the information and called them and an hour later our API was working again.

I wish I had more to show you but that is all I have...

I am so impressed by the hard work a public company like eBay was doing over Memorial Day Weekend that I just went and bought some stock.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:23 PM
Chuck Tapia

.delete

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 05-28-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:28 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge View Post
I am so impressed by the hard work a public company like eBay was doing over Memorial Day Weekend that I just went and bought some stock.
Noose. Tightening.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:39 PM
K@t Alex@nder

Maybe it's the lawyer in me but given my experience I have a feeling the timing of things wasn't a coincidence. At least I'm hoping so. Something like this happening during a holiday weekend can actually be a good sign in that law enforcement is doing something while people aren't expecting it.

That being said, VCP has been incredibly helpful over the years. Bobby is responding promptly to questions, despite the time difference and being in Hawaii. Meanwhile every time I login here now I see the huge PWCC banner. Huh?
Old 05-28-2019, 01:47 PM
Peter Spaeth

Even assuming Bobby is being truthful, isn't it still the most plausible explanation of why ebay pulled the feed that Brent asked them to? He wouldn't be found to be in violation after many years out of the blue on a holiday weekend.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-28-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:48 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

You are certainly welcome to your opinion. That said, since you have 2 entirely different names on your registration, could you please respond to my PM. thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateighty View Post
Maybe it's the lawyer in me but given my experience I have a feeling the timing of things wasn't a coincidence. At least I'm hoping so. Something like this happening during a holiday weekend can actually be a good sign in that law enforcement is doing something while people aren't expecting it.

That being said, VCP has been incredibly helpful over the years. Bobby is responding promptly to questions, despite the time difference and being in Hawaii. Meanwhile every time I login here now I see the huge PWCC banner. Huh?
Old 05-28-2019, 02:05 PM
K@t Alex@nder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
You are certainly welcome to your opinion. That said, since you have 2 entirely different names on your registration, could you please respond to my PM. thanks..
By entirely different names you mean an incorrect spelling of my first name? I've messaged you twice. And I've been waiting for your phone call for 15 minutes. I'm happy to talk. I'd just love to know how much longer I'm supposed to wait.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:19 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks for the chat. Just as I said, just want to make sure we have real people, as much as possible. Sorry for the slight intrusion. Carry on.
Quote:
By entirely different names you mean an incorrect spelling of my first name? I've messaged you twice. And I've been waiting for your phone call for 15 minutes. I'm happy to talk. I'd just love to know how much longer I'm supposed to wait.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:59 PM
K@t Alex@nder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Thanks for the chat. Just as I said, just want to make sure we have real people, as much as possible. Sorry for the slight intrusion. Carry on.
No worries! It was great to finally chat with you Leon. Looking forward to some pizza in Chicago! And to all the drama kings out there - name issue was most likely due to my ex-fiance who hacked into my accounts a few years ago. So yes I'm real. Continue on with the convo. Hopefully this doesn't get me in trouble with Leon again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjx9oSJDAVQ
Old 05-28-2019, 03:04 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Great, I didnt want this to be a "bye Felicia" moment for the boards.

Chicago...worst pizza ever. Thin crust all the way!

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 05-28-2019, 03:05 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
No worries! It was great to finally chat with you Leon. Looking forward to some pizza in Chicago! And to all the drama kings out there - name issue was most likely due to my ex-fiance who hacked into my accounts a few years ago. So yes I'm real. Continue on with the convo. Hopefully this doesn't get me in trouble with Leon again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjx9oSJDAVQ
Unfortunately, I only deal in real people.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:18 PM
Dave

I've never used VCP in my life, but I'm not sure why people are acting like their API being turned off implicates them in the "conspiracy".

There's certainly a legitimate conspiracy going on, but anybody who has followed Ebay for any amount of time, knows that they have been secretive of their bidders identities for years now, even if they might have been conveniently overlooking tools that revealed this exact thing (they have BTW shut down many other outside tools that has done this through the years).

It wouldn't have taken a whole lot of prodding from PWCC or even one of the bidders who were getting revealed in the Blowout Forums posts, for Ebay to shut down the VCP feed.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:23 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Why? There is a little bit of gotcha journalism going on where everything is being questioned. If you read some of the threads at Blowout where scammers actually try to plead their case, they usually have a long line of "not my fault, just following orders, was it really wrong?, God bless" that makes them skeptical of others who are actually telling the truth.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:25 PM
K@t Alex@nder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Great, I didnt want this to be a "bye Felicia" moment for the boards.

The deep dish is kind of gross but Chicago thin crust is actually pretty darn good. And really bobbyw? Comments like that is exactly why I left a few years ago. Rude.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:27 PM
John Startleman

Well then thankfully ebay has the intestinal fortitude to enable resellers and consignors to commit fraud on their site anonymously. If only they took transparency as seriously as Leon.

Last edited by sportscardtheory; 05-28-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:45 PM
Jeff

Yes, it's quite the playground for the ill-intentioned.
Of which, this hobby has no shortage.

j.e.f.f.d.r.u.m.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."

Last edited by HRBAKER; 05-28-2019 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Why? There is a little bit of gotcha journalism going on where everything is being questioned. If you read some of the threads at Blowout where scammers actually try to plead their case, they usually have a long line of "not my fault, just following orders, was it really wrong?, God bless" that makes them skeptical of others who are actually telling the truth.
I am not on blowout- can you post some links to threads where scammers please their case? Thanks
Old 05-28-2019, 03:52 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
I am not on blowout- can you post some links to threads where scammers please their case? Thanks
I'll see if I can find any,.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-28-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:55 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

[QUOTE=bnorth;1881799]Is anyone making a list of all the scammers being exposed?

There is a "sticky" thread on BO that has links to all these threads to make it easier to find them. Its under the member sales, trade feedback area...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:02 PM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupacollects View Post
There is a "sticky" thread on BO that has links to all these threads to make it easier to find them. Its under the member sales, trade feedback area...
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1289859

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 05-28-2019 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:05 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showth...1276110&page=4
Superior Sports (Sliheets in Dallas)

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1255123
BuyNiceCards (E Bitz) - White Knights on Page 12, 14 defending Bitz.

I know there are some more, but those threads go on for ever. Would be nice if they had a pinned thread for all Banned usernames and what thread they were banned for... ;-)
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.

Last edited by swarmee; 05-28-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:06 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post

Ok, let me rephrase my post by only keeping the very last sentence then:

It wouldn't have taken a whole lot of prodding from PWCC or even one of the bidders who were getting revealed in the Blowout Forums posts, for Ebay to shut down the VCP feed.

Even on Memorial Day weekend............which may have been the strangest "they must be part of the problem" statement, I read in this thread.

Half this country worked through Memorial Day Weekend. Hell, Lowe's was open until 10pm on Memorial Day.

LOL, really wouldn't be hard for Ebay to receive a complaint and press a button over a Holiday weekend.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:07 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
Appreciated the post comparing the situation at hand to the movie, The Big Short.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 05-28-2019, 04:14 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Getting worse, if that's possible...

A 1951 Mays and 1934 Gehrig were just exposed on BO. The '51 Mays was graded "A" by SGC and then given a "5" by PSA

To the person who asked... The '52 Mantle PWCC Thread on BO has become the best one for information and updates.

Last edited by perezfan; 05-28-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:26 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Bobby...if you need some help...I know some people!
Nice post Pete, let's change things up a little here.... What are the guesses of Beth's bra size? And yes, I know the answer.....
Old 05-28-2019, 04:31 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

I reached out to the Superman 1940 68 PSA 8 owner and he is not happy.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:37 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULLINS5 View Post
I reached out to the Superman 1940 68 PSA 8 owner and he is not happy.
Sounds like he needs a lawyer to go after Brent, Moser and PSA.

Last edited by calvindog; 05-28-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:57 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

PWCC has a Yelp page.....
Old 05-28-2019, 04:57 PM
Joshua

Is the majority of these cards non-vintage?

Took a quick scan of the cards and noted they were all modern except for the handful of them.... And I bid on that Mays too!
Old 05-28-2019, 05:08 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Detroit-style is better than either one.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:10 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Sounds like he needs a lawyer to go after Brent, Moser and PSA.
A well reasoned one?

Old 05-28-2019, 05:10 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
Detroit-style is better than either one.
That come in leaded and unleaded?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Old 05-28-2019, 05:15 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardtheory View Post
Well then thankfully ebay has the intestinal fortitude to enable resellers and consignors to commit fraud on their site anonymously. If only they took transparency as seriously as Leon.
We're talking a company that once sent out a holiday catalog with counterfeit products* right on the cover. Integrity ain't exactly Ebay's middle name as I'm sure we're all aware.

* - Unsure of exact year but the product in question was a counterfeit Peyton Manning Colts jersey. They were touting that the average price for buying one was something like $37. The jersey shown was an obvious fake and a quick search of pretty much any name player will reveal that 90% (at least) of the jerseys on Ebay for that player are counterfeit.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:16 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
That come in leaded and unleaded?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Diesel, baby. Detroit power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit-style_pizza
Old 05-28-2019, 05:18 PM
Brian
Brian Long.ley

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanip View Post
Is the majority of these cards non-vintage?

Took a quick scan of the cards and noted they were all modern except for the handful of them.... And I bid on that Mays too!
I would say almost all of the Moser cards have been vintage, anywhere from Goudeys, t206s, t227s, and lots of 48 leaf, vintage topps (1962 PSA 8 Mantle and Mays Bowman rookies) etc... also hockey, Maurice Richard and others... and vintage basketball such as the Bill Russell rookie...then even non sports but still Vintage like the Superman mentioned above. They appear to have been trimmed, colored, washed, etc etc...

Then yes there are other cards such as Mike Trout rookies, and basketball rookies of modern players that have been trimmed as well. Mostly by BuyNiceCards and SSI...and that guy Robert Block... many sold through PWCC but others also sold via other venues.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:19 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
Takes me back to Ann Arbor.

Old 05-28-2019, 05:19 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

(One of) the worst possible things about being in California is the pizza situation. Out here, it's 95% bread with just the tiniest whisper of sauce on top. It's like dipping a loaf of Wonder Bread into an empty Ragu jar. Places that advertise "New York Style Pizza!!!!!!!" (yes, that's how it's usually written) are so full of crap. Theirs is comprised of 'only' 94% bread. Yeah, big difference. The best day of my life in the past few years was when my sister flew out to visit and carefully packed 8 slices of Little Vincent's pizza (from Long Island) in her luggage. I ate like a king that night.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:22 PM
j.oe b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
The best day of my life in the past few years was when my sister flew out to visit and carefully packed 8 slices of Little Vincent's pizza (from Long Island) in her luggage. I ate like a king that night.
That's funny. Little Vincent's is less than 5 minutes from where I grew up.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:39 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Anyone consider cancelling VCP membership asking for partial refund?