NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-11-2019, 09:12 PM

Default 1944 All-American Girls Professional Baseball League Signed Baseball

Hey Gang.

I was wondering if anyone picked up the very quickly offered and sold 1944 AAGPSL ball on eBay yesterday?

I would love to chat if so, both to document the ball for the association and to make an offer for any future sale.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:23 AM
Kevin O'Gara

Can you show the listing for the ball I can't seem to find it
Old 12-12-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khkco4bls View Post
Can you show the listing for the ball I can't seem to find it
It was removed rather than sold. I missed it by a minute..

Here is a photo.

Would love to chat with the lucky buyer if anyone ever comes across it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (36.4 KB, 80 views)
Old 12-12-2019, 05:43 PM

Default baseball

I know that this ball originally was sold for right around $1000.00. I was not the buyer....listed as a 1944 Racine Belle team signed baseball.....

Question.....would this have been the type of ball used for the games at this time....I know later ones are stamped with Official Girls Baseball and are MaGregor/Goldsmith also having the League President on them as well....but this is real early since the league only formed in 1943 and curious to know the answer....Thanks for any opinions.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:58 PM

I didn't know this one had been offered before. Shame I have missed it twice.

This ball is from the start of the 1944 season, due to players names that started in the 44 season. Half way through the 44' season they changed to a 11 1/2" ball.

Goldsmith and MacGregor Goldsmith made the balls for the league up until 1950 when DeBeer started making the balls for the rest of the seasons until the folded in 1954.

Please do let me know if you come across it again. Or similar. I love to document them.

Tags
aagpbl, aagsl, womens baseball