NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 12-15-2019, 01:06 PM
Al

Quote:
Even though LotG says they do not charge for insurance, I seriously doubt it costs $180 to send a 35"x28" advertising piece, so I would bet they did add a 1% insurance charge despite their claim.
Hi Michael!

I don't intend to get involved in this thread; I just wanted to circle back and clarify something on this post, which was brought to my attention last night.

We ship items of that size via FedEx 2-day, because packages of that size are not eligible for USPS "Click and Ship" service (and because we find FedEx more trustworthy with large packages). Because the item you won is extremely delicate, we special-ordered a 31 x 36 x 3" deluxe artwork shipper (ULine model S-9919, cost $103.00) to help prevent damage in shipping. With the piece inside, the box weighs about 11 pounds. The cost to send a package of that size and weight via Fed Ex 2-Day from our location to yours (without insurance) is $189.12.

So, factoring the costs of materials plus shipping, our cost to get your package to you is $292.12.

We charged you $177.33 for shipping, plus $3.00 for packing materials. I guess our software underestimated the shipping costs a little bit!

We do not charge for insurance.

Hope this helps!

-Al

Last edited by Al C.risafulli; 12-15-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-15-2019, 01:06 PM
Peter Spaeth

Also noteworthy that the communication to Steven was not exactly from a low level employee.

https://lelands.com/our-experts

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 12-15-2019, 01:11 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
There is no excuse for Leland’s not responding. I have emailed Josh twice with no response. I thought they were better than this.
Maybe they don't work weekends.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 12-15-2019, 01:12 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli View Post
Hi Michael!

I don't intend to get involved in this thread; I just wanted to circle back and clarify something on this post, which was brought to my attention last night.

We ship items of that size via FedEx 2-day, because packages of that size are not eligible for USPS "Click and Ship" service (and because we find FedEx more trustworthy with large packages). Because the item you won is extremely delicate, we special-ordered a 31 x 36 x 3" deluxe artwork shipper (ULine model S-9919, cost $103.00) to help prevent damage in shipping. With the piece inside, the box weighs about 11 pounds. The cost to send a package of that size and weight via Fed Ex 2-Day from our location to yours (without insurance) is $189.12.

So, factoring the costs of materials plus shipping, our cost to get your package to you is $292.12.

We charged you $177.33 for shipping, plus $3.00 for packing materials. I guess our software underestimated the shipping costs a little bit!

Hope this helps!

-Al
I can add that Al sent a framed lot to me several years ago and lost money on the shipping. Al is an honest guy!
Old 12-15-2019, 01:23 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Hi Michael!

Hope this helps!

-Al
Al, when are my cards going out? Josh charged me $2 million for insurance but he’s a fast shipper!
Old 12-15-2019, 01:29 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Was that $2 million with the reduced shipping charge?
Old 12-15-2019, 01:30 PM
Al

Quote:
Al, when are my cards going out?
Coming Soon

-Al
Old 12-15-2019, 01:53 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Was that $2 million with the reduced shipping charge?
No, his dog delivered the package. He has multiple jobs at Lelands.
Old 12-15-2019, 01:58 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

I am actually really laughing out loud on that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
No, his dog delivered the package. He has multiple jobs at Lelands.
Old 12-15-2019, 01:59 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1B279966-52BD-4ADB-9168-66E660A54303.jpg (20.3 KB, 1102 views)

Last edited by oldjudge; 12-15-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-15-2019, 02:02 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

B590A811-C9FC-480B-8646-C03041922039.jpeg
Old 12-15-2019, 02:05 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Josh and Jillian are probably on a private island with their shipping charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Maybe they don't work weekends.
Old 12-15-2019, 02:23 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
From Leland's terms and conditions.

Our shipping rates are industry competitive.
It's all a matter of perspective. From their POV they're winning the competition...
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 12-15-2019, 02:56 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Placing his bids is he?

Old 12-15-2019, 03:35 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

I think hes on the Fedex site calculating shipping charges.

Quote:
Placing his bids is he?
Old 12-16-2019, 12:38 AM
Bob Davies

Quote:
There were so many terrible songs in the 70s it would be hard to rank them. This one is up there for sure. Although it can't top Feelings or You Light Up My Life.
If you hated that "Feelings" song as much as I did, you need to listen to the Offspring version. Off Americana if I recall correctly. Maybe the best remake ever.

Last edited by Stampsfan; 12-16-2019 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:59 PM
G.ary L.eavitt

Default Reply

Any updates on this? Figured we would hear something today?..
Old 12-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

To be respectful of the board’s owner and the apparent censorship of fraud of the board’s advertisers, going forward any of my discussions of hobby related fraud will be handled in a more welcoming forum.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:12 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge View Post
To be respectful of the board’s owner and the apparent censorship of fraud of the board’s advertisers, going forward any of my discussions of hobby related fraud will be handled in a more welcoming forum.
Good luck finding said forum.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:17 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Good luck finding said forum.
Weren’t you the guy who was called an idiot for pointing out fraud or do I have you confused with someone else?

Last edited by CuriousGeorge; 12-16-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:19 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge View Post
Weren’t you the guy who was called an idiot for pointing out fraud or do I have you confused with someone else?
Idiot, moron, shown a pic of a door, all sorts of hilarious stuff.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:22 AM
Michael

Quote:
Hi Michael!

Hope this helps!

-Al
Hey Al,

This helps a lot. I was completely ignorant of the cost of sending such items. Even though ignorance is bliss, it can lead to footinmouthitis, a horrible disease.

My sincerest apologies.

Michael
Old 12-18-2019, 09:34 AM
Bruce Fairchild

Quote:
Kung Fu Fighting
Muskrat Love
One Tin Soldier
One of my favorites is Let it All Hang Out by The Hombres!
Old 12-20-2019, 04:06 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Has the OP not had any resolution or contact from Leland's about this?
Old 12-22-2019, 08:57 AM
keith janosky

Well it's funny because the OP went on a big rant and rave in the begining to crickets now.

Last edited by keithsky; 12-25-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:58 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Oh there’s an update. But it’s not going in a thread in the “all sports talk” watercooler section.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:44 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Oh there’s an update. But it’s not going in a thread in the “all sports talk” watercooler section.
Is it going to be in the testing section at the very bottom?

Last edited by bnorth; 12-24-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-24-2019, 01:28 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Could be interesting what a judge says to someone who doesn't read the rules or ask any questions? It would be right below the impeachment going on and the El Chapo Trial in national scope, I am sure....

Last edited by Leon; 12-24-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:28 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Is it going to be in the testing section at the very bottom?

Right next to the NYPL library stamp

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 12-27-2019, 10:01 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Anyone else getting their item held up by Lelands due to their comments in this thread?

They rec'd my check on 12/13 or 12/14, yet blame the holidays for the delay:

"Thank you for bidding in our auction. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Your order has not been shipped due to the Holiday and high volume of invoices in the queue.

We are doing our utmost to send your items out as soon as possible to avoid further delay."

Funny, how Love of the Game(ended 12/1) and Clean Sweep had auctions that same time frame, actually Clean Sweep(ended 12/13) ended almost a week after Lelands, thus they got my check a week later then Lelands(ended 12/6), yet I rec'd my Clean Sweep item over a week ago...and the LOTG item I also rec'd shortly after their auction ended. I even got a Consigner check from Goldin(ended 12/8) before Leland even ships my items let alone when I actually receive.

What a class organization. Delay my ass, you critique them and they play hostage with my long ago cashed check item.

And when someone from Lelands reads this, and they will, have the balls to reply.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 12-27-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:08 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Anyone else getting their item held up by Lelands due to their comments in this thread?

They rec'd my check on 12/13 or 12/14, yet blame the holidays for the delay:

"Thank you for bidding in our auction. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Your order has not been shipped due to the Holiday and high volume of invoices in the queue.

We are doing our utmost to send your items out as soon as possible to avoid further delay."

Funny, how Love of the Game(ended 12/1) and Clean Sweep had auctions that same time frame, actually Clean Sweep(ended 12/13) ended almost a week after Lelands, thus they got my check a week later then Lelands(ended 12/6), yet I rec'd my Clean Sweep item over a week ago...and the LOTG item I also rec'd shortly after their auction ended. I even got a Consigner check from Goldin(ended 12/8) before Leland even ships my items let alone when I actually receive.

What a class organization. Delay my ass, you critique them and they play hostage with my long ago cashed check item.

And when someone from Lelands reads this, and they will, have the balls to reply.
I am sure it is because of the holidays.

Would a company actually punish someone with the risk of losing future business? If so there would be a LOT of stupid going on.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:41 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

If it was delayed in shipping then I'd say yes that could be due to the Holidays, busy season for the Post Office, UPS & FEDEX. But how does the Holidays effect them, they arn't working? They are off like schools?

My office is still open. Closed for Christmas. 1 day. Some I'm sure get Eve off as well. Doesn't explain all the other days before and after.

Also, I got this from them on 12/17:

Thank you for bidding in our auction. We have received your payment/credit, thank you.

Your order is in process and will be shipped on or before 12/23/19.

How was my order "in process" on 12/17, now on 12/27 still not out and guessing its not going out this weekend so at earliest 12/30, if that.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 12-27-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-27-2019, 01:15 PM
Ben North

Quote:
If it was delayed in shipping then I'd say yes that could be due to the Holidays, busy season for the Post Office, UPS & FEDEX. But how does the Holidays effect them, they arn't working? They are off like schools?

My office is still open. Closed for Christmas. 1 day. Some I'm sure get Eve off as well. Doesn't explain all the other days before and after.

Also, I got this from them on 12/17:

Thank you for bidding in our auction. We have received your payment/credit, thank you.

Your order is in process and will be shipped on or before 12/23/19.

How was my order "in process" on 12/17, now on 12/27 still not out and guessing its not going out this weekend so at earliest 12/30, if that.
Now for the big question. Is this going to affect if you bid with them again?
Old 12-27-2019, 03:22 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Well I have been known to be impatient and been known to be wrong.......so.....I'll see how this plays out before I consider that.

Depends on how much longer it takes.

I know they've been reading this thread, so they will do one of 2 things now. Hold even longer, or ship it on Mon/Tues. We'll see.

Also, if you know you are not going to be shipping winners their items after the auction ends due to the Holidays, maybe don't have a pre-Holiday auction.

Again, Goldin, Love of the Game, Clean Sweep had no problem with their December auctions and the Holidays.

Lelands can't juggle an auction and the Holidays.....a little mind boggling.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 12-27-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:40 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Well I have been known to be impatient and been known to be wrong.......so.....I'll see how this plays out before I consider that.

Depends on how much longer it takes.

I know they've been reading this thread, so they will do one of 2 things now. Hold even longer, or ship it on Mon/Tues. We'll see.

Also, if you know you are not going to be shipping winners their items after the auction ends due to the Holidays, maybe don't have a pre-Holiday auction.

Again, Goldin, Love of the Game, Clean Sweep had no problem with their December auctions and the Holidays.

Lelands can't juggle an auction and the Holidays.....a little mind boggling.
To the bold part, been there myself.

It would be nice to hear from others who won items in that auction on if they have received their items.
Old 12-27-2019, 05:53 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default Ok so I was wrong

AND...........I'm a Stooge.

or.....they saw this.

Or both!

So just got an email

"The items you have won have/will be shipped on 12/27/19."

a 1000 apologies.....salami salami baloney!!!

All good.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:53 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

For me, payment received 12/13
Shipped 12/21
Received 12/23
Old 08-09-2022, 09:36 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

2 and a half years after previous post...

What ever happened?

I was recently charged nearly 9% shipping and insurance on a single baseball valued under $500. I emailed Lelands yesterday asking for an explanation and haven't heard back. Sounds like these excessive fees are continuing??
Old 08-12-2022, 01:57 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth-gehrig View Post
2 and a half years after previous post...

What ever happened?

I was recently charged nearly 9% shipping and insurance on a single baseball valued under $500. I emailed Lelands yesterday asking for an explanation and haven't heard back. Sounds like these excessive fees are continuing??

Boring story short, if anyone still cares about this thread.....

Jillian has told me shipping charge of $42 for a single baseball was wrong and has been recalculated to $25!!

Watch your invoices from Lelands
Old 08-12-2022, 03:52 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

She reduced mine from 25 to 10. I said please send small flat rate, no insurance. Card was less than 100$

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 08-13-2022, 12:12 AM

This reminds me of some shenanigans I recently experienced with Beckett regarding insurance and shipping. A few months ago Beckett came to our local show. They did onsite grading and accepted cards that they would take back with them for grading and autograph authentication. I rarely grade cards, but I had an autographed card that was starting to rise rapidly and I wanted to know where it stood. So I submitted it for grading.

The cost of the grading and slabbing was reasonable. What wasn't was the insurance and shipping costs. I put the value at $2K (I wasn't quite sure what grade would be returned and felt this was accurate as I assumed it could come back even with a "6"). Insurance was $28 which seemed steep, but whatever----I accepted it. But I asked for the cheapest shipping method with a signature to be requested. It was suggested by the Beckett rep that I go with FED-EX 2-day delivery rather than FED-EX ground (because of "increased risk of jostling"), and that they would request a signature before leaving the package.

Not only did the FED-EX delivery person fail to attempt to get my signature, but they left just the package on my doorstep without knocking or ringing the doorbell. Even more concerning is that apparently they didn't even approach the doorstep. I have RING, and when we viewed the recording, there was no evidence of any delivery person entering the doorway area. This means that the person must have tossed the package onto the doorstep from several feet away, outside of the camera's view. To Beckett's credit, they had packed the slabbed card very well. There was no damage. But I felt it was wrong to pay an exorbitant rate for a service that was not provided. So I contacted Beckett. I received an email response from a lower level rep telling me that I was free to contact FED-EX myself, but that Beckett had nothing to do with the issue. So I emailed again, told them that this was hogwash because they arranged for the shipping, and asked to talk with a supervisor. The supervisor called me, apologized but gave no real reasonable explanation except to say that there have been other complaints about FED-EX by Beckett customers, and then offered to give me a credit of $7 toward my next submission. I have yet to receive an email confirming that.

The only happy ending is that the card came back faster than I thought, and with a grade that was much better than I expected (OK, much better---I'll never understand how people grade chicken-scratch autographs!!!) However, I remain soured on the overall grading card experience; something like this doesn't make me want to submit cards again any time soon.