NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-16-2015, 05:20 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Default Rose requests to be reinstated

Pete Rose has made a formal request to be reinstated to Major League Baseball, and new commissioner Rob Manfred agreed to meet with Rose and hear him out.

“I want to make sure I understand all of the details of the Dowd Report and Commissioner Bart Giamatti’s decision and the agreement that was ultimately reached,” Manfred said Monday morning, via ESPN. “I want to hear what Pete has to say, and I’ll make a decision once I’ve done that.”

I think rose should be in the hof, i also think his punishment should be to not be alloud to ciach, manage, own or be any part of a mlb team. But a member if the hof he should be. Thoughts....
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:40 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
Pete Rose has made a formal request to be reinstated to Major League Baseball, and new commissioner Rob Manfred agreed to meet with Rose and hear him out.

“I want to make sure I understand all of the details of the Dowd Report and Commissioner Bart Giamatti’s decision and the agreement that was ultimately reached,” Manfred said Monday morning, via ESPN. “I want to hear what Pete has to say, and I’ll make a decision once I’ve done that.”

I think rose should be in the hof, i also think his punishment should be to not be alloud to ciach, manage, own or be any part of a mlb team. But a member if the hof he should be. Thoughts....

He will be a member of the HOF within the next 5 years., I wish there was a betting prop on this.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:43 PM
Jeff P

Took him longer than I thought! I figured he's be the 8am meeting the day Manfred took over

I hope he gets in.

jeff
Old 03-16-2015, 05:53 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

When I was a kid I loved the guy. I always wore #14. Run it out Rose, Charlie Hustle. Made me sick to my stomach when he was bannished, I despised the guy.

Now I feel like what the heck its been long enough, let the poor guy in who cares. Doing it now seems so much better to me than doing it posthumously.

Last edited by iwantitiwinit; 03-16-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:54 PM
Jeff H

Default Rose

I agree that the punishment should stand for Rose betting on baseball as a manager. I think Rose should have long ago been in the Hall as a player. His playing days were done when the betting occurred. JMO
Old 03-16-2015, 06:02 PM
Jimmy Knowle$

He should be in the HOF. There are numerous players in there with less than stellar lives outside the diamond.

He never bet on the Reds to lose (throw the game). He bet on other game he had no impact on.

Give him his flowers while he is alive to enjoy them.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:04 PM
Sean Sullivan

Pete should absolutely be reinstated. No question about it.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:06 PM
Eric Perry

Last edited by Eric72; 03-16-2015 at 06:08 PM. Reason: NM
Old 03-16-2015, 06:10 PM
Barry Sloate

If Rose gets in it opens a giant can of worms. There is a long line behind him of other stars who will ask for entry. Don't think it will happen.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:29 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
If Rose gets in it opens a giant can of worms. There is a long line behind him of other stars who will ask for entry. Don't think it will happen.
My thought exactly. Given the evidence (or lack thereof) I would think Joe Jackson's family would have a pretty strong argument for his reinstatement if Rose were to get in. As much as I here the cry to let Pete in, I think it's a PR mine filed that MLB won't want to deal with.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:39 PM

Even if Pete gets reinstated, I can't see other players voting him in the HOF. It's just like the dopers. Players who had respect for the game and it's rules, won't turn a blind eye to those who cheated the game.

As far as Pete not betting against his team, he did that every time he didn’t bet on the Reds. You better believe he managed those games differently and gamblers noticed. Pete should be permanently ineligible, in my opinion.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:40 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplainer View Post
He should be in the HOF. There are numerous players in there with less than stellar lives outside the diamond.

He never bet on the Reds to lose (throw the game). He bet on other game he had no impact on.

Give him his flowers while he is alive to enjoy them.
I feel he should be let in as a player and banned from the coaching sideline for betting as a manager, like most here. However, just because he (supposedly) didn't bet on his team to lose, don't think he didn't affect the games he managed.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:41 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
My thought exactly. Given the evidence (or lack thereof) I would think Joe Jackson's family would have a pretty strong argument for his reinstatement if Rose were to get in. As much as I here the cry to let Pete in, I think it's a PR mine filed that MLB won't want to deal with.
Jackson shoukd be in as well, hitting 365 in a ws and baned for trying to throw the games?? Lol dsmn i cant imaging what he would of hit if he was trying to win. Lol
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:42 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

If he gets in before Minnie Minoso does....well, to be honest, I don't know what I'd do...certainly if anyone deserves to be enshrined ONLY after they are dead, it's rose!

But Minnie had such a good heart, he probably wouldn't want me to think that...but, he was a better man than I could ever hope to be.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 03-16-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:45 PM
Neal

Let him in
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PETE ROSE SIGNED JERSEY.3.jpg (48.3 KB, 393 views)
Old 03-16-2015, 06:47 PM
Mark Hooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
Even if Pete gets reinstated, I can't see other players voting him in the HOF. It's just like the dopers. Players who had respect for the game and it's rules, won't turn a blind eye to those who cheated the game.

As far as Pete not betting against his team, he did that every time he didn’t bet on the Reds. You better believe he managed those games differently and gamblers noticed. Pete should be permanently ineligible, in my opinion.
As a life long Reds fan and whose favorite player was Pete Rose, I don't believe he should be re-instated.

Look at it this way. Pete knew the "CARDINAL RULE".......Don't bet on baseball. I will never believe that Pete bet against the Reds however, Pete was placing bets with bookies who are tied to the Mob. So let's say Pete gets down $500K and can't pay. Well, ole Tommy Two Times pays him a visit and tells Pete that if he doesn't throw the game, he will break both his legs and kill his family.

This is why MLB has the "death penalty" for betting on your team. You have to keep this out of the game. One way to do this is make examples of Pete and Joe Jackson. There has to be some sort of deterrent. Do the crime you must do the time.

Just my $0.02

Mark
Old 03-16-2015, 06:56 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
If he gets in before Minnie Minoso does....well, to be honest, I don't know what I'd do...certainly if anyone deserves to be enshrined ONLY after they are dead, it's rose!

But Minnie had such a good heart, he probably wouldn't want me to think that...but, he was a better man than I could ever hope to be.
Minnie Minos Wasnt banned, and did get to be voted on for the hof. Not the same. He just didnt get the votes.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:57 PM
Philip Gold

Default Betting on Baseball

BETTING ON BALL GAMES. Any player, umpire, or club official or employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which the bettor has no duty to perform shall be declared ineligible for one year.

Any player, umpire, or club or league official or employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which the bettor has a duty to perform shall be declared permanently ineligible.

Posted prominently in every major league clubhouse. And note that it does not provide for ANY exceptions.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:58 PM
©hri$ $€X₮ŘΝ

There is a significant potential for disaster with this. When I worked at the Hall of Fame, some very high ranking people told me a very significant number of Hall of Famers would boycott Induction Weekend if Rose gets in.

1913 Cravats pennants

St. Paul Saints Game Used Bats and Memorabilia

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180664
Old 03-16-2015, 07:00 PM
©hri$ $€X₮ŘΝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilG View Post
BETTING ON BALL GAMES. Any player, umpire, or club official or employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which the bettor has no duty to perform shall be declared ineligible for one year.

Any player, umpire, or club or league official or employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which the bettor has a duty to perform shall be declared permanently ineligible.

Posted prominently in every major league clubhouse. And note that it does not provide for ANY exceptions.
I agree. Just because Rose is the most famous to break this rule doesn't mean he should get special consideration.

1913 Cravats pennants

St. Paul Saints Game Used Bats and Memorabilia

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180664
Old 03-16-2015, 07:04 PM
Tony Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by philg View Post
betting on ball games. Any player, umpire, or club official or employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which the bettor has no duty to perform shall be declared ineligible for one year.

Posted prominently in every major league clubhouse. And note that it does not provide for any exceptions.
+1000
Old 03-16-2015, 07:06 PM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

As a Mets fan, I can't tell you how much joy I had heckling Rose from the Shea Stadium stands. Just the sight of him running out onto the field made me wince because even when he didn't have a bat in his hand he would find some way to beat you. But if the devil himself came up from his lair and I had to pick a baseball team to save my soul, Pete Rose would be the first guy I pick for my team. With the exception of Ken Griffey, Jr. I can't think of any baseball player I watched live that was that darn good. I don't think 9/10 of the guys voted into the Hall in the past 15 years have the talent to have been Rose's batboy.

However he knowingly broke the biggest sin in baseball. Bet on horses, bet on football, hell, bet on freaking soccer, but you don't bet on baseball!

Do I think Pete threw a game? No - Pete's desire to win meant he couldn't have done that if he tried. But when he bet on Reds games even for the Reds to win, what about the games he didn't lay a bet down on the Reds? He just tipped off every bookie in the country not to take any good odds on the Reds that day. It's as good as him laying a bet against his team.

And Joe Jackson? Sure his stats say he was a Hall of Famer. But he threw a World Series. He took the money to do it. I never bought the angle that he was too dim witted to understand what he was doing or that he had no choice. The only place Joe Jackson should have in the Hall is a display on how he and the other Sox threw the series.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:11 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygary View Post
As a Mets fan, I can't tell you how much joy I had heckling Rose from the Shea Stadium stands. Just the sight of him running out onto the field made me wince because even when he didn't have a bat in his hand he would find some way to beat you. But if the devil himself came up from his lair and I had to pick a baseball team to save my soul, Pete Rose would be the first guy I pick for my team. With the exception of Ken Griffey, Jr. I can't think of any baseball player I watched live that was that darn good. I don't think 9/10 of the guys voted into the Hall in the past 15 years have the talent to have been Rose's batboy.

However he knowingly broke the biggest sin in baseball. Bet on horses, bet on football, hell, bet on freaking soccer, but you don't bet on baseball!

Do I think Pete threw a game? No - Pete's desire to win meant he couldn't have done that if he tried. But when he bet on Reds games even for the Reds to win, what about the games he didn't lay a bet down on the Reds? He just tipped off every bookie in the country not to take any good odds on the Reds that day. It's as good as him laying a bet against his team.

And Joe Jackson? Sure his stats say he was a Hall of Famer. But he threw a World Series. He took the money to do it. I never bought the angle that he was too dim witted to understand what he was doing or that he had no choice. The only place Joe Jackson should have in the Hall is a display on how he and the other Sox threw the series.
+1 Agree with everything you say.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:28 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

It will never happen...too big of a can of worms. Especially with all of the big name dopers who aren't in and probably won't get in yet they hold some of the biggest records in baseball.

Jeff
Old 03-16-2015, 07:28 PM
Kenny Cole

No. I too loved him as a player when I was a kid. He ultimately proved to be a lying MF, denied it for a number of years, has no actual remorse for violating the rule posted on every clubhouse, and is a far worse candidate in terms of being a cheater and rule violater than is Joe Jackson. In my estimation he is completely despicable and he is made even more so by his "poor me" bullshit. He knew what he was doing, he ran the risk, and he lost the gamble. Screw him.

Kenny
Old 03-16-2015, 08:05 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

I don't like his hair. Therefor, he's out.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:28 PM

He bet on baseball. That is not in dispute. The question that concerns me specifically is if he bet on games involving his own team, the Reds. This is the part of the story that has Rose contending he bet on his team to win and only win:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2798498

I have to wonder if MLB has evidence to the contrary. In my opinion, if you are betting on a sport in which you participate in, specifically a league you are in, then you are out.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:37 PM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

Even if he just bet on the Reds to win it was just as bad. When he did not place a bet on his team, that tipped off every bookie that the Reds had a good chance of not winning that day. He might as well have just bet against them.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:50 PM
Tom

He had a chance to cut a deal back then that would of given him a slap on the wrist, but he was too arrogant to take it. Tough now. He is a Hall Of Famer as a player, but he made his choices and now he has to live (and possibly die) with them. Sorry.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:52 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Whether or not you want Rose in the Hall is debatable, but the real problem is the complete and utter lack of proper spelling and grammar around here!!!!

What the heck does "alloud to ciach" mean???

How about "I figured he's be the 8am meeting..."???

What is "bannished"???

And "Jackson shoukd" and "Lol dsmn"????

This site underlines all the problems in red for you before you hit the "Submit Post" button. Pay attention!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyelm View Post
whether or not you want rose in the hall is debatable, but the real problem is the complete and utter lack of proper spelling and grammar around here!!!!

How about "i figured he's be the 8am meeting..."???

What is "bannished"???

And "jackson shoukd" and "lol dsmn"????

This site underlines all the problems in red for you before you hit the "submit post" button. Pay attention!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol.

Last edited by Brian Van Horn; 03-16-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:09 PM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

i am heavily vested in rose both in heart and in cards (#3 basic topps registry set).

with that being said, i'm torn. i'd love to see him get in but the controversy of whether he should or not keeps him fresh in the minds every year and card prices strong.

there is no perfect answer.

Last edited by begsu1013; 03-16-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:15 PM
+0m J()rd@N

As a lifelong Reds fan, he was one of my favorite players (along with J Bench). However, he broke the #1 rule in the game and the punishment for that is banishment for life. He agreed to that, lied about betting on the Reds to Roger Kahn in his book on Pete, and now wants in the Hall. Sorry Pete, you were a great player, and I'm glad you were on the Reds and not the Dodgers or Yankees, but the only way you get in is to buy a ticket, just like me.

It would be interesting to see what the voters would say if he was reinstated by the commish - all that does is put his name on the ballot. I have a feeling that he would not get the votes.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:25 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Rose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
As a lifelong Reds fan, he was one of my favorite players (along with J Bench). However, he broke the #1 rule in the game and the punishment for that is banishment for life. He agreed to that, lied about betting on the Reds to Roger Kahn in his book on Pete, and now wants in the Hall. Sorry Pete, you were a great player, and I'm glad you were on the Reds and not the Dodgers or Yankees, but the only way you get in is to buy a ticket, just like me.

It would be interesting to see what the voters would say if he was reinstated by the commish - all that does is put his name on the ballot. I have a feeling that he would not get the votes.
He may have to buy a ticket like you for now but he still has 4,256 more major league hits than me and you combined! He was a machine. I'm a Red Sox fan and I grew up loving Pete Rose and the way he played the game. He bled Red and was lightning in a bottle. He will be getting in the Hall for Free at some point in the next 5 years. Bank on it!

Peace, Mike
Old 03-16-2015, 09:25 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:

agreed
Old 03-16-2015, 09:29 PM
Daryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Whether or not you want Rose in the Hall is debatable, but the real problem is the complete and utter lack of proper spelling and grammar around here!!!!

What is "bannished"???

This site underlines all the problems in red for you before you hit the "Submit Post" button. Pay attention!!!!!!!!!!!

Know one pays a tension two any thin their tie ping any moor.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:31 PM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
He may have to buy a ticket like you for now but he still has 4,256 more major league hits than me and you combined! He was a machine. I'm a Red Sox fan and I grew up loving Pete Rose and the way he played the game. He bled Red and was lightning in a bottle. He will be getting in the Hall for Free at some point in the next 5 years. Bank on it!

Peace, Mike
mike,

I have the perfect card for you then! a 71 rose w/ the red sox!!!

Old 03-16-2015, 09:47 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Minnie Minos Wasnt banned, and did get to be voted on for the hof. Not the same. He just didnt get the votes.
Steve- you missed my point: If the voters couldn't decide on Minnie while he lived (ala Ron Santo), then rose deserves no better.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 03-16-2015, 10:29 PM
Kenny Cole

He was a great player. He was, and is, also a thief and a lier. He knowingly made an effort to cheat the game, got caught, and now has to pay the penalty that all of the other cheats and liers who got caught have had to pay, some with far less evidence than that against Rose.

Once upon a time I was in favor of Rose for the HOF. Then midnight struck and I realized how silly that was, given the enormity of the crime that he knowingly committed. I am one of the guys who is in favor of a more expansive HOF, but I will NEVER be in favor of that POS Rose for induction.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:35 PM
Mikeknapp

I loved Pete when I was a kid. But I don't believe he should ever be inducted. So he only bet on the Reds to win? Did he use his pitching staff differently in games in which he had placed such a bet? What message was he sending to bookies when he didn't place a bet? If you were a book maker and knew that Rose always bet on the Reds to win wouldn't you consider it valuable inside information when he chose not to place a bet? His behavior was dangerous to the integrity and credibility of the game. He gambled on the game he professed to love because he thought he was bigger than the game itself.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 03-17-2015, 05:32 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
know one pays a tension two any thin their tie ping any moor.
lol!!
Old 03-17-2015, 05:38 AM
+0m J()rd@N

Personally, and I loved Rose the player, I think his transgressions were worse than those of Bonds, McGuire, or Clemens.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:26 AM
Frank
Fra.nk Anth0ny

Screw Rose! He was a wise guy all his years in Baseball, Then he bets on the game wile still connected to it. Now all of a sudden he's mister wonderful. I HOPE HE NEVER GETS IN !!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2015, 07:08 AM
Steve Woe.lfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
He will be a member of the HOF within the next 5 years., I wish there was a betting prop on this.
Well, if there were a betting prop on this, Rose would be the guy to find it for you.
T206 SLers: 11/48
T206 Back Run: 28/39

Desiderata

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:29 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post

What is "bannished"???

I love it...and i totally agree!!! Good luck winning this battle!!!!

Last edited by ullmandds; 03-17-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:55 AM
Pa.ul Mat.is.ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
I can't tell if this is meant to be ironic or if you are serious. Bravo.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:14 AM

Even if he was eligible I highly doubt he'd garner enough favor to get voted in. People don't like him. And for good reason. Many more good reasons than writers don't like PED guys. So if they can't get in, why would Rose?
Old 03-17-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygary View Post

I don't think the evidence shows that Jackson took money or tried to throw games. However, I believe he knew what was going on and that made him part of the fix. I agree that both Jackson and Rose have no place in the hof.

It's just like the claim that Rose never bet against the Reds. He certainly did the times he didn't bet on them. One would have to be pretty naive to think Rose didn't manage differently and gamblers didn't notice. Both undermined the integrity of the game and are being rightfully punished.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:18 AM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
Personally, and I loved Rose the player, I think his transgressions were worse than those of Bonds, McGuire, or Clemens.
I agree. There were no rules in MLB on steroids.

Plus, not that it matters much but he's such a narcissist, i don't think he deserves to enjoy it.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:24 AM

Default Hof

Besides having his plaque in the the building in Cooperstown, what does HE and/or his family receive for being a member of the hall of fame ? Pardon my stupidity, but it's a serious question. I really don't know. Thx.