NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 04-10-2023, 08:37 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default Completed Auctions Question

This may be a simple question, but maybe not. When you use the 'advanced search' option on eBay, is there a way to see cards that were listed on eBay, but didn't actually sell there and were removed by the seller, perhaps because they were sold somewhere else?

For example: 'Huck' listed a card for sale on eBay, but while doing a show over the weekend, he sold it, so he immediately ended his eBay listing. Because it was first listed on eBay, will that card show up in the advanced search, or does it fall through the cracks since it was never part of an actual 'completed' auction that either sold or ran out of time?

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2023, 09:26 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Default I think so

When searching, filter by clicking the button for completed auctions. But don’t click the button for sold items.

The results that come up will show some pieces where the auction was ended. And others where the item was sold.

I read those results to suggest that the ended pieces didn’t sell over eBay, but the item likely sold offline. Or the seller decided to put it back in the drawer.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 04-10-2023 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-10-2023, 09:35 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
When searching, filter by clicking the button for completed auctions. But don’t click the button for sold items.

The results that come up will show some pieces where the auction was ended. And others where the item was sold.

I read those results to suggest that the ended pieces didn’t sell over eBay, but the item likely sold offline. Or the seller decided to put it back in the drawer.
Or the seller just didn't get any bids on it and the auction simply ended with no buyer?
Old 04-10-2023, 10:00 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Maybe I needed to be clearer. Of course I hit the 'completed items' button by itself. The auction I'm looking for doesn't appear, nor has it ever when I've done this type of search before. And since the card didn't sell on eBay, the 'sold' option is out.

The bottom line is, if a card was listed but then pulled (regardless of reason), is there a way to track down what it was listed for? It seems that since there is nothing 'completed' about the auction, it just falls through the cracks.

The whole thing is no big deal, but I guess I'm just curious if there's a way to search out auctions that were never actually 'completed' in eBay terminology.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2023, 04:31 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Maybe I needed to be clearer. Of course I hit the 'completed items' button by itself. The auction I'm looking for doesn't appear, nor has it ever when I've done this type of search before. And since the card didn't sell on eBay, the 'sold' option is out.

The bottom line is, if a card was listed but then pulled (regardless of reason), is there a way to track down what it was listed for? It seems that since there is nothing 'completed' about the auction, it just falls through the cracks.

The whole thing is no big deal, but I guess I'm just curious if there's a way to search out auctions that were never actually 'completed' in eBay terminology.
I don't believe these show up in completed searches, they really aren't completed. EBay should add an option to search all ended listings.

One trick I sometimes use, if you're looking for a specific item is to google the item with the word EBay in the search. Not foolproof but it will link to some ended listings.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:38 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
I don't believe these show up in completed searches, they really aren't completed. EBay should add an option to search all ended listings.

One trick I sometimes use, if you're looking for a specific item is to google the item with the word EBay in the search. Not foolproof but it will link to some ended listings.
Let's do an experiment and see how it works.

I just ended an auction for a Yogi Berra 1954 All-Star Photo Pack in PSA 5. It's been out there for months with a BIN museum price, with no takers, so it's not like I lose anything by ending it temporarily. For purposes of this experiment, it should be no different than if I sold it offline, and just ended the eBay auction.

It might take a few minutes/hours for the eBay search to update. But maybe try and do a search for completed items to see if it shows up. If not, then I guess we'll know whether items like this show up in the completed search results.

Edited to add: Looks like it's showing up as a completed auction now. So it seems like this search mechanism should work to find items that fit this criteria.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (78.4 KB, 84 views)

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 04-11-2023 at 09:44 AM.