NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 07:21 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

As for Goldin, I wouldn't hesitate to bid in his auctions, and I'm very critical of members of this list. I've talked to him since it was released. Has anyone else?

(got new info, disregard my comment on Phil316)

Last edited by earlywynnfan; 02-22-2016 at 07:32 PM. Reason: bad info
Old 02-22-2016, 07:31 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Phil316 has long been a quality member over at GUF, I'm sure his registration isn't malicious.

As for Goldin, I wouldn't hesitate to bid in his auctions, and I'm very critical of members of this list. I've talked to him since it was released. Has anyone else?
Whomever it is gave a bad phone number and registered with his name. Maybe it isn't him? That is an absolute possibility and also the reason there will not be anymore posts like that (anonymous?)allowed in this thread. They will be deleted and the members banned. If this person is who that is, then they can email me a good phone number, we can chat for a few minutes and I will come back and say it was a mistake? No big deal. It has happened before but more often than not it doesn't happen, in my experiences.

Last edited by Leon; 02-22-2016 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:05 PM
Alan Zimmerman

Phil316 is a very frequent poster on gameuseduniverse.

Phillipriddell@hotmail.com is his given email address, Leon. Seems to be his name there too.

Last edited by wake.up.the.echoes; 02-22-2016 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:45 AM
Glyn Parson

Default I would not bid with Goldin

I would not bid with him before the list came out and I won't bid after it came out. His actions at shop at home were egregious enough, in my opinion, that he will never get a dime from me. There are plenty of people out there who did not try and ruin the hobby or take advantage of those with lesser knowledge like i feel Kenny as his colleagues did on TV. It is a free country spend with whom you choose I just choose not to spend with him and never will. I do not need any card that bad to line his pockets.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:08 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake.up.the.echoes View Post
Phil316 is a very frequent poster on gameuseduniverse.

Phillipriddell@hotmail.com is his given email address, Leon. Seems to be his name there too.
That person (Phil) says it's not him...... Never underestimate the troll.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:27 AM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
That person (Phil) says it's not him...... Never underestimate the troll.
Ok, so just to get this straight. Someone creates a profile using the name and ID of a regular poster on GUU, and then comes over here to post in defense of Goldin. Is there any conclusion to draw other than this was someone at Goldin trying (fraudulently) to do some reputation rehab? Should we take this as Goldin's "official" response since nothing else was ever said?

I suppose there are plenty of other explanations, but my head hurts just trying to figure them out.

ETA: I guess someone with an axe to grind against Goldin could have made up this ruse, knowing it would be discovered and blamed on Goldin, in order to stir up more bad feelings?

Last edited by Bliggity; 02-23-2016 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:58 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post
Ok, so just to get this straight. Someone creates a profile using the name and ID of a regular poster on GUU, and then comes over here to post in defense of Goldin. Is there any conclusion to draw other than this was someone at Goldin trying (fraudulently) to do some reputation rehab? Should we take this as Goldin's "official" response since nothing else was ever said?

I suppose there are plenty of other explanations, but my head hurts just trying to figure them out.

ETA: I guess someone with an axe to grind against Goldin could have made up this ruse, knowing it would be discovered and blamed on Goldin, in order to stir up more bad feelings?
Don't let your head hurt. Trust me, mine does it enough for both of us. But yes, I think you are onto the "trolling 102" class. Of course you have to take trolling 101 first as we are now in advanced trolling mode. Think about it, if you didn't like Goldin Auctions that would have been a great post (except it's a discovered troll now).
Old 02-24-2016, 09:14 AM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Default consignor bidding

i'll pose a question to get this thread back on track. Since I've read in more than a few posts that Heritage allows consignors to bid on own consignments. If every AH placed this in print as does HA rules, would this not alleviate some of this controversy. I'm not taking stance of consignor self bidding just making a point that if one AH places it within the rules to be ok to do so why don't they all?
Old 02-23-2016, 06:37 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

When I first saw "Phil316" and the 'name' underneath, my mind went to Philippians 3:16. Not sure why, but hey, it's the subconscious so who am I to ask. LOL Not being overly devout, I looked it up.

15 Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you;
16 however, let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained.

Not trying to be religious here but wanted to provide the 'context' of v16 by v15 above. Interesting.... in light of this thread.

I'm thinking more serendipitous rather than intentional.

Last edited by tschock; 02-23-2016 at 06:42 AM. Reason: added: I'm thinking more serendipitous rather than intentional.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:39 AM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
When I first saw "Phil316" and the 'name' underneath, my mind went to Philippians 3:16. Not sure why, but hey, it's the subconscious so who am I to ask. LOL Not being overly devout, I looked it up.

15 Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you;
16 however, let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained.

Not trying to be religious here but wanted to provide the 'context' of v16 by v15 above. Interesting.... in light of this thread.
I figured it was his first name, and then a reference to John 3:16