NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Basketball / Cricket / Tennis Cards Forum

Old 01-29-2022, 06:15 PM
Alan Strout

Default 2021/2022 Junior Jazz Cards

I'm not a basketball card collector, but stumbled upon these cards while visiting my grandkids in Utah and thought some of you might be interested.

Two of my grandsons play youth basketball in a league sponsored by the Utah Jazz and several other companies, called Junior Jazz. Part of participating includes two different card sets.

I'm not sure of the total number of cards in each set, but will tell you what I was told.

Set #1

The players on each of the youth teams wear a uniform number that corresponds to one of the Utah Jazz players. Each child is given a card of the Jazz player that wears their number. Teams are limited to 10 payers, so I assume the set consists of 10 cards. Each card is 4 x 5.5" with player info on back.

I can verify cards of Bojan Bogdanovic #44 and Rudy Gobert #27.

Based upon the uniform numbers of the other kids at the games, I would guess the checklist to also include the following players

00 Jordan Clarkson
2 Joe Ingles
8 Rudy Gay
11 Mike Conley
13 Jared Butler
21 Hassan Whiteside
23 Royce O'Neale
45 Donovan Mitchell

Examples of Set #1

cards2.jpg backs2.jpg

Set #2

After each game, each coach awards a card to a player on the opposing team that played well and showed good sportsmanship. There's a different card each week, but the card that week is the same player. Today it was #11 Mike Conley. These cards are standard size and the backs are all the same.
The season is 8 games, so I'm guessing the second set might only be 8 cards, but can't confirm that.

I can verify three cards from the set - Joe Ingles #2, Mike Conley #11 and Rudy Gobert #27

Examples of Set #2

cards1.jpg back1.jpg

There is also a 8.5 x 11" poster that the kids receive.

Poster

poster.jpg

Hope this helps anyone that collects regional basketball sets.