NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 02-06-2016, 09:12 AM

Default Grading question about a 1971 Topps Football Card (Dallas Cowboy Player)

I have a beautiful NM-MT Plus or better 1971 Topps Dallas Cowboy Football Card that is beautifully centered. The only problem is the bottom of the back of the card looks like the words have been somewhat smeared.
I know it was a printing issue.

What does it do to the grade of the card????
The only issue is the bottom back of the card.

Thanks!

Last edited by SCT; 02-06-2016 at 04:04 PM. Reason: I want to display a picture
Old 02-06-2016, 12:26 PM
Rob

Interesting question. I would say it could still get an '8' (based on your NM/MT rating), but not shocked if it was a '7'. I would put it in the 'one minor flaw' category. Will be interested to see what those more knowledgeable in this area have to say.

Last edited by Kurri17; 02-06-2016 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Mike P.ap

Default front?

Please post a photo of the front. I will then give you grade to expect.....Thanks!

Mike
Old 02-06-2016, 04:05 PM

Default Posting of front of the card

If you could please tell me what you think the grade is and then let me know how much you are subtracting because of the back of the card.
Thank you!
Just trying to learn.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Mike P.ap

Default cool.....

Very nice looking card. Assuming it is not colored in or trimmed (it does not appear to be the victim of these 2 transgressions) then it should be a PSA 7.5 on a bad day and a PSA 8 on a good day (ignoring the back). Now, since they will not ignore the back unless its a 2 margarita lunch that day, it could be a PSA 8 (PD). This would in effect reduce this beauty to a 6 based on what they would count it toward their Registry.

If you asked them for "no qualifiers" then most likely this will be a PSA 6 straight up albeit a very nice looking 6.

I'd take a chance and hope they brush aside that bleeding on the back. It happens once in a while!

Nice looking card nonetheless,

Thanks, Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 02-06-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:01 PM

Default Any more opinions about this card I am only trying to learn more

Thank you for your help.

Does anyone else have an opinion about the grade of this card and how the smeared print on the lower back of the card would affect the grade.

Thank you......
Old 02-06-2016, 10:29 PM
Mike P.ap

Default .....

I just wanted to followup after checking VCP. This card in a straight PSA 8 averages out at $37 with an upward trend. A PSA 6 is around $10.

After seeing these prices, I would not bother sending this in. You will chew up all your profits in grading, P&H fees.

This is a solid "raw" card and would be happy to own it as is.

Mike