NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-17-2010, 06:07 PM

Default Strongsville 2010

I made the two hour trip to Strongsville today. What a show!

There was definitely a decent amount of vintage in the room; I was very surprised.

I made a few purchases that I'm very happy about, and for the most part, thought dealers were fair on prices.

Many companies were in attendance including Beckett, Fusco, Huggins & Scott, Hunt, JSA Authentication, Mile High, PSA, and SGC to name a few.

It was a pleasure speaking with Gary Nuchereno, Andy Garden, David Czuba, Brian Dwyer of SGC, and Dave Schrader (Bagger's Sportscards).

What was your opinion on the show?

Last edited by asoriano; 04-17-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:12 PM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

I was there on Friday and agree. Plenty of PreWWII and prices were normal. Actually crowded compared to other recent shows there. Good to see on a Friday. Nice to finally meet some local dealers/sellers. Good Show. If anyone can make it Sunday - do it...
Old 04-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Banned

Sure do wish Fusco would hold one of his auctions as part of the show.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Matt Wieder

I'll be there Sunday before lunch - hope to see a few of you.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:25 PM

Made the trip from Steubenville, wish I was more prepared, my High School game was rained out today, so I had a chance to go. A wide variety of items and reasonable prices.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:41 AM
Andy Garden

Default Strongsville

Was definitely worth the trip from metro Detroit. The show had quite a decent crowd and plenty of vintage throughout the room. My vision didn't take a beating, as I didn't get the chrome/refractor glare one usually gets at a show. Had the pleasure of spending some time with Turner and Matt Engle. A couple of great guys! There was supposedly a garbage Wagner T206 in the room in some garbage holder, but the dealer put it away before a laugh could be had. It supposedly even had a Sovereign back! I wish more shows like Strongsville appeared in the Midwest.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Matt Wieder

My son had a great first card show - he came looking for a card of Omri Casspi (which wasn't to be had) but several of the dealers were kind enough to give him some free Indians stuff which was a thrill for him. Nice to see dealers thinking about the future of the hobby.

Had good chats with SGC Brian, Gary N and Dave S. Some good buzz around the room about GrandSlamBids.com as well.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Brian Dwyer

The show just wrapped up an hour ago, and I wanted to post a quick thanks to all the board members who made the trip and stopped by my booth. About 12-14 Net54s showed up over the course of the weekend. As Turner posted, it was a strong vintage show with a better selection and better attendance than last year. Kudos to Fusco Auctions for a well run show that seems to be on track to be a great regional show for years to come.

Brian
Old 04-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Archive

I went to the show on Friday and have to say that I was pleased with the show also. I was looking for T206s and was able to acquire two tough commons along with a few type I photos that can be seen on the Memorabilia pick up thread.

It was also a pleasure to talk with Brian of SGC again.

Jantz
Old 04-21-2010, 05:08 AM
Paul Fusco

Default Thanks to All

Just wanted to say thanks to all the the Net 54 folks that came to the show. I hope you all found something for your collections. Although I must admit I am biased, I thought it was a great show. More pre-war than the first two years with very little in the room after 1970. A group of dealers that are second to none attended with thousands of cards from the good old days of collecting. Very high percentage of raw cards which I love. Again, thanks to all. Next years show is April 7-0th. Same place. See you there.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Joe P.

Default Paul, good to hear that your show, like other shows, are going in the right direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfusco View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to all the the Net 54 folks that came to the show. I hope you all found something for your collections. Although I must admit I am biased, I thought it was a great show. More pre-war than the first two years with very little in the room after 1970. A group of dealers that are second to none attended with thousands of cards from the good old days of collecting. Very high percentage of raw cards which I love. Again, thanks to all. Next years show is April 7-0th. Same place. See you there.

If the show promoters, and dealers haven't noticed it by now, vintage collectors throughout the country are crying out for what they don't get from eBay, and the auction houses.
The new collectors have heard about it from the older cardoholics, and they want to experience some of it.

First of all, regardless of the region, or whatever part of the country, the numero uno question always asked is ... "How many pre war dealers at the show?"
The collectors do not only want to see, feel and smell the cards, they also want to get to know the dealers, and talk to them about them, and who knows, maybe reach a smiling price on the card ... you don't get that from eBay, and the auction houses.

Secondly, autograph shows don't make a card, and memorabilia show ... It's the other way around ... the collectors created their heros.

You're hearing this from a collector, and all I'm doing is creating more compitition for myself ... but I don't give a rats fanny.

Whatever promoter picks up on this, and knows how to cut it, will not only
come out ahead, but so will his dealers, and collectors.

Let's try to recapture a piece of what once was.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:08 AM
Paul Fusco

Default Thanks again

I couldn't agree more with the last post. Seeing people face to face, getting to know people on both sides of the isle and being able to "rummage" through a good dealer's stock in priceless. I am was able to finish my batter's up set, found a a few overland candy wrappers, picked up a couple of orbits and a nice 53 Satchell Paige. Great show for me on a personal level. All raw cards. Never would have found these on ebay. Again, thanks to all who came.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:17 AM
Jimmy M

Well said Joe.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Joe P.

Default The Barber Shop Quartet .....

If more and more Collectors and Dealers sing out .....

The Promoters will hear the Song, and join in the Chorus ...

Sopranos and Altos, are always welcomed.