NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Posted By: Henry Eshelman

I'm sitting here at half time wondering if anyone is watching this thourough beating the steelers are handing the broncos. Hopefully I'm not speaking to early but how many people have jumped on the steeler bandwagon for SuperBowl XL?

Thanks, Henry Eshelman

Old 01-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Posted By: Anonymous

Looks like the Steelers are on a mission to take the bus to Detroit. What road warriors they are.

Old 01-22-2006, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Posted By: Cobby33

Go 'Hawks!

Old 01-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Yea I hope the hawks win theyr the kind of team the steelers would eat for breakfast but the panthers, playing similar football to the steelers, are a different story.

Thanks, Henry Eshelman

Old 01-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Posted By: Rhys

I was born the same year as the Seahawks (1976) and have waited my entire life for them to do what they did today. From vomiting all over the Kingdom, to watching the Mariners fail year after year, this is the best moment so far in my young sports life.

And if you REALLY think that the Steelers will eat Seattle for lunch, you have not been watching much NFL this year. They barely limped into the playoffs and Seattle has been arguably the most dominant team this year.

It's Seattle's year and I am FINALLY a proud Seattle Seahawks fan after 29 years of waiting til next year.

Rhys

Old 01-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Posted By: David Vargha

As a frustrated Hawks fan since I was an 11th grader in 1976, all I can say is, "WOOOOOHOOOOO! It's about time." Seattle has been underestimated all year long and quite frankly, I'm glad they are SB underdogs.

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Old 01-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Posted By: Eric

During the last four games of the season, the Steelers outscored their opponents 115-33, including a 41-0 butchering in Cleveland, as they "limped" into the playoffs.

Limped..what a laugh.

Old 01-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Posted By: Rhett Yeakley

I personally wouldn't use the word "limped", but I hardly think it is laughable. They were the #6 seed, so they barely make the playoffs. Granted they were perhaps the best #6 seed ever, but this season has been one of big ups and downs for the Steelers. Arguably, had Roethlisberger not gone down in mis season they would have been the #2 or #3 seed, but regardless with the season they had they did barely make the playoffs-had the last few games of the season been a little different they wouldn't have made it altogether. That being said, nobody is playing better than the Steelers right now.

Give the Seahawks their due credit though, everyone was talking about how Carolina was going to hand it to them today, then the game wasn't even close. People have been doubting the Seahawks all year because of past ineptitudes, when this year they have been perhaps the most clutch team in the NFL. Look for the Super Bowl to be a close game, the two teams pounding it all game, with the teams trading points, with the last team to score winning the game.

-Rhett

Old 01-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Posted By: Rhys

Maybe "limped" was not a good word even though their entire team is centered around one player who when he was injured they collapsed. How about "squeeked" or "slipped" into the playoffs? Sound better? I am not saying the Steelers suck, they are obviously good, but saying they are going to eat the best team over the entire course of the NFL season for breakfast that would have had a current 14 game winning streak had they played any of their starters against the Packers is one of the more absurd statements I have heard in Sports.

You can go ahead and doubt the Seahawks all you want, people have been doing it all season and then finding reasons to backtrack when they are proven wrong which has been EVERY game since the Summer.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Posted By: Scott Gross

Heck, yeah, I'm riding shot-gun on the Steeler Bandwagon (unless they lose, then $#%@&* 'em ...)

Old 01-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Posted By: Anonymous

Here's the way I see it. The Seahawks were underated because they are not a big market team. They are a very effecient team and don't make many mistakes and have good scemes (Holmgren). They also play in a very weak division and also played Hou, Tenn. etc. Pittsburgh is playing there best football right now regarless of how they got in the playoffs. I'm an AFC guy being from Houston and always hated the Steelers because of what they always did to the Oilers but I see this game as a pickem with both teams having a good chance to win. Both teams are powerful physical ball clubs and should be a good superbowl.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Posted By: Charlie Barokas

Seahawks 35 Steelers 17

Old 01-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Posted By: davidcycleback

I live about 10-15 minutes away from Seahawks stadium, which is right next to the Mariners' stadium. It's about a 5 minute walk from the stadiums to Starbucks' headquarters, so you can't get more Seattle than that. And, in typical Seattle fashion, anyone can walk up to Starbucks world headquarters and buy a latte or capacino to go.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Posted By: PC

Should be a great game. Both QBs are playing well, but either of those guys could fall apart ... neither are exactly Joe Montana or Terry Bradshaw. And both teams have a real running game, which I think will be interesting to watch. Alexander is awesome, but Bettis is a load coming through that line.

I'm happy for the long suffering Seahawk fans, but then I like the Bus. So, it's a push for me.

And to go even further OT, how about Kobe Bryant dropping 81 on the Raptors in a come-from-behind win. I'm not a Kobe fan, but I'll give that an allcaps WOW.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Posted By: jay behrens

Kobe- YAWN

I'd much rather watch a more complete player like Garnett, Kiralinko or Lebron etc, then a ball hog like Kobe. Watching the Lakers and Kobe is like watching a playground game. It's interesting for awhile, but gets boring really fast.

If Kobe is going to impress me, he needs to do what Wilt did. Get pissed when people said he wasn't a team player and went out and lead the league in assits. Pretty tough for big man to do. Should be easy enough for a gaurd like Kobe if he truely is a great player.

So much for Phil Jackson's vaunted triangle offense. We get to see what a mediocre coach he really is when he doesn't have a ton of talent. Anyone can sit on the bench and let Kobe run rampant.

If I was another player, I'd be looking to go play somewhere else, and I certainly wouldn't want to be traded there or sign there as a FA.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 01-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Posted By: tbob

I understand your pain, but wait until you've had a team in the Super Bowl 4 times and never won it, and had your team in the division championship game 4 times after that and not have another Super Bowl team, then you know true pain.
Vikings fan to the grave...
tbob

Old 01-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

By saying the hawks were the kind of team the steelers going to eat I meant that they match up well on paper. Still I have been riding the bus since I was born and its all about momentum in the playoffs. Right now Im going with

Steelers: 28
Seahawks: 17
Porter 2 sacks Polamalu an int. Alexander held under a 100 yards and the bus scoring a TD.

Thanks, Henry Eshelman

Old 01-24-2006, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Steelers

Posted By: Cobby33

Henry:
With that amount of confidence, you should be throwing all your money down in Vegas (or online)!
On second thought, 'Hawks will roll, so save yourself the pain- and money.