NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 12-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Steve Birmingham

Hendrix

A bunch more after that,
Black Sabbbath
White Zombie/Rob Zombie
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Robin Trower
Deep Purple
Johnny Cash

White Zombie was a really good show, so many hard rock acts decide they're "artists" after which it's pretty much over. No problem there "we're loud and having fun"

SRV was amazing, as was Robin Trower.

The best concert was an odd one, Not sure I could put it on the list. I saw Roger Waters pros and cons of hitchhiking tour. Only 6 cities, no warmup act. First set was all Pink Floyd, second was the entire album. (One of those concept things) The best part was that he'd hired Eric Clapton. So I saw Clapton doing Pink Floyd.....

Steve B
Old 12-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Hendrix

A bunch more after that,
Black Sabbbath
White Zombie/Rob Zombie
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Robin Trower
Deep Purple
Johnny Cash

White Zombie was a really good show, so many hard rock acts decide they're "artists" after which it's pretty much over. No problem there "we're loud and having fun"

SRV was amazing, as was Robin Trower.

The best concert was an odd one, Not sure I could put it on the list. I saw Roger Waters pros and cons of hitchhiking tour. Only 6 cities, no warmup act. First set was all Pink Floyd, second was the entire album. (One of those concept things) The best part was that he'd hired Eric Clapton. So I saw Clapton doing Pink Floyd.....

Steve B
I saw the Pros and Cons Tour w/Clapton at the Meadowlands in NJ. You are right. EC pulled off Floyd with great success.

I saw Stevie Ray (from the second row) at an old chandeliered opera house in Worchester MA in like 82. He WAS incredible.

I saw Jack Bruce and Friends (w/Trower on lead guitar) open up for The Allman Brothers in 1980. (I think?). As much as I like the Allman Brothers, Trower blew them away.

Deep Purple was always amazing as a whole. I last saw them on the Perfect Strangers Tour. I would go see Richie's Rainbow and walk away less than wowed. Of course that could have been influenced by the concert party favors.

I remember seeing Alvin Lee solo, expecting very little and being floored by his tone and technique. I was expecting sheer speed and flash. I became a fan that day.

Roy Buchanan put on a great, great show. I saw him at a little club in Hampton Beach NH. He was a bit wired for his encore (I have NO IDEA how that happened) and they finally had to pull the plug on him. He wasn't gonna stop.

I saw Warren Zevon completely solo, just him, a guitar, or piano and a harmonica. Utter Genius.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Murr the Blurr

If I had to pick just one, it's the ultimate showman: Alice Cooper. Since 1971 I've attended 44 of his shows in Canada and the US, and he's never failed to deliver the goods in terms of sheer entertainment. Here's my top 5:

1. Alice Cooper
2. Rush
3. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
4. Warren Zevon
5. Rolling Stones
Old 12-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Scott

Singers: Springsteen, Mellencamp, Johnny Cash, Neil Young

Band: Kinks/Beatles/Stones/CCR/E St Band (its not just Bruce)
Old 01-31-2014, 11:37 AM

Default Band

Favorite band is Eagles.....liked the recent History of Eagles on Showtime. Absolutely fascinating...great stories....great music.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:14 PM
Ben North

A little OT, I just got tickets to Motley Crue/Alice Cooper in Des Moines,IA on July 11th. Can't wait to see Alice Cooper.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:54 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
A little OT, I just got tickets to Motley Crue/Alice Cooper in Des Moines,IA on July 11th. Can't wait to see Alice Cooper.
Alice is a great show. Got to see them a while back, when(one of my favorite musicians) Damon Johnson from Brother Cane was playing guitar for them. Need to see them again, now that Orianthi is his lead guitar player. She can shred with the best, and damn she looks good. She was also supposed to Michael Jackson's guitar player on that last tour, before he died.. Some great vids of her playing on youtube..

And Clayton, speaking of Satriani. Here's a nice vid of Orianthi, Satriani and Vai playing Little wing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAB5fwQ66y8

Last edited by novakjr; 02-05-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Daryle Barbee

Hard for me to pick as I am a music lover and like a little from all genres. I hear a lot of different stuff as I collect records/albums (over 2000 now). anyway, my list is long but here are some favorites from all genres------
Billy Ward and The Dominoes, Buddy Holly, Clyde McPhatter and The Drifters, The Beatles, Elvis, Cash, The Orioles, Sarah Vaughn, early Kinks, early The Who, Pink Floyd, early The Hollies, Gid Tanner and The Skillet Lickers, Hendrix, Joplin (Big Brother and solo), Gordon Lightfoot, Croce.....you get the picture.....then the 80s Hair Rock and 80s music...love it
BUT.......
I'm a HUGE heavy metal/thrash metal/black metal fan.....been to over 80 concerts....maybe y'all have heard of some of these----Slayer, Metallica (1983-1988), Megadeth, Exodus, DRI, Pantera, Sepultura (Cavalera era), ProPain, Suicidal Tendencies, Forbidden, Agnostic Front, Earth Crisis, Vision of Disorder, Obituary, Napalm Death, Death, Tool, Helmet, Ministry, Body Count, System of a Down, Korn, Iron Maiden, Testament, Grave, Overkill, Anthrax, Cannibal Corpse (prefer the Chris Barnes era), Unleashed, Enslaved, Cradle of Filth, etc,etc.....( Ive seen all the above bands except for Death and Cradle of Filth).....then the best-----DIMMU BORGIR!!!!! ....\m/
Old 12-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Doug Chamberlain

I have to agree on this one. Saw Alice Cooper in Munich in '75 or '76 (Welcome To My Nightmare), more for my date than the concert, at least at the time .
The show was unbelievable...very underated musicians ta boot but the show, props, dancers, etc.... the visual definitely rivaled the audio...unbelievable concert experience that I still haven't forgotten...easily the most entertaining "concert" that I've attended.
Took awhile but Emerson, Lake, and Palmer opened my eyes (or should I say ears) to different styles of music (classical, jazz, etc.) as a teen and over the years have become more appreciative of different styles of music. Rock 'n Roller first and foremost but....
I've come to love bluegrass...drink some brew and stomp yur feet...it's just flat out good time music (Like Grand Funk said...Footstompin' Music).
Not necessarily a favorite but a memorable experience...about 1992 at the "Pickle Barrel" in Killington, Vermont....Johnny Winter...remember it now as very "SRVish".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Writehooks View Post
If I had to pick just one, it's the ultimate showman: Alice Cooper. Since 1971 I've attended 44 of his shows in Canada and the US, and he's never failed to deliver the goods in terms of sheer entertainment. Here's my top 5:

1. Alice Cooper
2. Rush
3. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
4. Warren Zevon
5. Rolling Stones

Last edited by digdugdig; 12-04-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Robert

Really like a lot of different bands

Pink Floyd
Eric Clapton
Van Halen

Enigma
Enya

Darius Rucker

too many to list
Successful Transactions with: cammb, jim, sean1125,bobbyw8469, vintagetoppsguy, mintacular, rube26105, irishdenny, brick, Robextend,dboneesq, northviewcats, wdwfan, Dhogan, quitcrab, eliminator, Harliduck, tonyo, fetamore, hcv123, Bocabirdman, Casey2296,Aplyon86 Futbowl, pwang100, GoCubsGo32, Sidepocket, jcarroll84, DanP, YazFenway08, 4reals, sflayank, frazier and many others
Old 12-14-2013, 02:01 PM

Default default new favorite singer

....when you spend a lot of time driving mobs of grand-daughters and their BFF's around the county , you eventually realize that you have inadvertently learned the lyrics to every Taylor Swift song ever written....not a bad thing I suppose....she's really quite good...

....personally though , when driving alone , I like to slip Joan Baez's '' Diamonds And Rust '' cassette into the dash of my ancient Buick Park Avenue and the miles just melt away....
Old 12-14-2013, 11:29 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Wildman Fisher

for a female Gretchen Parlato

Last edited by Cardboard Junkie; 12-14-2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: add.