NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Default buy sell trade november thread

Posted By: sean

Got this a long time ago but have no idea what its worth as I am not a bat collector. This is a 1910-1920 Frank Schulte autograph bat by Spalding. The logo says: Jr. Autograph. I can only assume this is a store model bat? Bat is obviously used but in good shape with a crack at the bottom near the handle.
I am asking $125 shipped on this one, great bat of this cubs legend

Old 11-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ben

Nice 19th century image of a young football player. Check out those guards! Image was taken in Brooklyn, New York. Image is very clean and in nice shape with only minor corner wear and a touch of paper loss to the reverse. Last name is written on reverse.

Price is $85.00 (including shipping). First person to email me takes it. THANKS!

Old 11-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C.

Up for grabs is a terrific early postcard type collection. Save yourself the time and trouble of assembling them individually and buy the group. Back scans are available for those with a serious interest. $1,950 o/b/o shipped with insurance.

1906 ULLMAN (Wiltse, New York Giants). Typical wear, incredibly tough, not postally used.
[linked image]

1906 WHITE SOX TEAM. Oversized and a VERY tough postcard. Postally unused with some scrapbook remains on the rear. The image is light, but the scan makes it look darker than it is in person.
pc4.jpg

1908 ROSE (Patten, Washington) AND c. 1915 PINKERTON (Doyle, NY Giants). The Rose was never postally used. It looks great although it has three tiny pin holes in the corners, some scuffing in the lower right, and some typical wear. The Pinkerton was postally used in 1918 and has typical wear.
pc1.jpg

1907 WOLVERINE (Wild Bill Donovan, Detroit Tigers) AND c. 1915 PINKERTON (Dooin, Phil. Phillies). The Pinkerton is uncatalogued (or at least was as of the 2008 SCD). The Wolverine was postally used in 1907 and the Pinkerton was postally used in 1918. Both have typical wear, including some creasing.
pc2.jpg

1906 CUBS TEAM and 1911 RECREATION PARK (PCL), SAN FRANCISCO STADIUM. The Rec Park pc was postally used in 1911 and has some creasing. The Cubs pc is from 1906 and has a corner chip and some creasing.
pc3.jpg

Old 11-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon Canfield

I have a few baseball related cigarette packs for sale...

Egyptienne Straights Clam Shell Cigarette Box - Similar to B18 Blanket Distribution: I recently came into a small grouping of Egyptienne Straights Cigarettes clam shell cigarette boxes. The boxes range in condition from MT to VG-EX (the one pictured below is the worst condition box I have left, the others are MUCH nicer). Egyptienne Straights were used in the distribution of B18 blankets. A blanket was folded into a small pouch and attached to the cigarette box with a paper strip. I believe the boxes for sale below to post-date the distribution of the B18 blankets however no tax stamps are present on the boxes to date them with any precision. $17.00 shipped.

Recruit Little Cigars Unopened MINT Cigar Slide & Shell Box: This UNOPENED Recuit Little Cigar box is truly the nicest example I have ever encountered. Inside this mint and untouched box are it's original contents. The tax stamp on top is still tightly in place - a true untouched example. Dating to the 1920's, this Recruit box is the same size and configuration of those boxes that would have contained a T207 only a decade earlier. $75.00 shipped.

1909 Derby Little Cigars Box - Distributed T-UNC Derby New York Giants: This box is the exact Derby Little Cigars box believed to have distributed the aforementioned set. The box has a 1910 tax stamp still partially visible and contains it's original slide. There are absolutely no rips or tears on the box. The front displays EX condition, the back VG-Ex and the slide VG. These boxes are fairly uncommon and not available for sale very often. $75.00 shipped.

1910-20s Joe Tinker Cigars Glass Box Cover Used in Store Display: This is an interesting item used for display in a 1910s/20s tobacco store. Joe Tinker, Hall of Famer for the Chicago Cubs, had a cigar brand that capitalized on his popularity and bore his name. This glass top cigar box cover would have been used to display the Joe Tinker cigars in the salesman's cigar case. $53.00 shipped.

======================================
For the premier online souce of information on baseball-related cigarette packs, visit http://www.baseballandtobacco.com

Old 11-04-2008, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon Canfield

1910 Hassan Slide and Shell (complete) Box: Ex condition with complete slide. No rips or tears. Contains a full 1910 tax stamp. Pack originates from Factory 649, 1st District of New York. $75.00 shipped.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

======================================
For the premier online souce of information on baseball-related cigarette packs, visit http://www.baseballandtobacco.com

Old 11-04-2008, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy

1925 Yankees Team Signed ball with Babe Ruth (JSA)

Condition of the ball is good, signatures are hard to read, the best autograph is the Ruth on the sweet spot on original professional Reach (red and blue stitching) 2700.00

Ruth ball currently on my home page

I also have a 1959 Team signed Red Sox Ball JSA (Williams is Clubhouse) 100.00

pictures available upon request

Thanks Jimmy

Old 11-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Atkatz

Lovely cream color late teens-early twenties Official American League (Johnson) baseball.

Lightly signed and dated (Sept 22, 1921) on the ss by Washington pitcher Nick Altrock.

$450

Old 11-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard Simon

Christy Mathewson Testimonial Program, dated Sept 30th, 1921. This program is in nice shape, inside pages are clean, no tears no creases, no detached pages, no rips, no tears. The cover has some light dirt stains and 2 creases in the upper right. VERY RARE and desirable. This program contains articles by noted sportswriters Fred Lieb, Hugh Fullerton, Grantland Rice and several more. John McGraw also wrote a tribute. The program is loaded with pictures.
$1500 plus insured UPS.

[linked image]

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
Unknown author
--
We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.
No retreat baby, no surrender.
The Boss

Old 11-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard S. Simon

Best Wishes, Jackie Robinson, a beauty on unlined 3x5.
$750 plus UPS shipping.

[linked image]

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
Unknown author
--
We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.
No retreat baby, no surrender.
The Boss

Old 11-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Greg Theberge

David,

LOVE the ball....if it didn't have the sig and date. Am looking for one of these to add to my Sox display. That's a very fair price you have on it. Nice stuff guys.

Greg

Old 11-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ricky

Have these pennants available

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=20347

Old 11-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

Old 11-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jerry Rucker

For Sale
1965 American League Champions Minnesota Twins Bat Pen dist By Star Tribune.
Pen has nick in the Word Twins (See Scan) Otherwise Excellent Condition.
Pen is 6 1/2" Long.
12.00 shipped
Paypal OK

batpen2.jpg

Old 11-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Pat Nester

Following early baseball programs available. Home team listed first

1) 1912 Yankees vs Senators. Very clean EX condition. Light vertical pocket fold. Spine 100% intact. No missing or loose pages. Last year at Hilltop Park. Scored $475

2) 1914 Yankess vs. Red Sox - Inside scorecard section ONLY. $60

3) 1924 Yankees vs A's - Very clean and crisp EX/MT condition with just a few tiny stains along spine. No creases. Spine is 100% intact. No missing or loose pages. Unscored $275

4)1930 Cubs vs Reds - Historic program where Hack Wilson got his 191st RBI for the still current all-time single season RBI record. Inside the program in pencil is written "Wrigley Field, September 28, 1930" The line score has been recorded at the bottom of each inning along the scoring section. Also, pitching changes have been recorded in pencil. Overall EX condition with no issues. $275

All prices postpaid priority mail and insured. Will consider trade for other early baseball programs or vintage items. Please email any questions or additional scans

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Old 11-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Hi Pat,

Anything Red Sox for sale?

All the best and hope you are well.

Greg

Old 11-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Pat Nester

Hi Greg. Not much in vintage red sox right now. I did acquire a 1908 Cy Young postcard that I posted on the November pick-up thread.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Hi Pat,

Just saw that. Very interesting. Am I reading that the right way and taking it that all of the little cartoons are vices? Interesting card to say the least and a great pickup. You probably saw the Nuf Ced postcard I ran across last weekend. Still have that photo of Fenway you sold me a few years back. Great image.

All the best,

Greg

Old 11-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob D.

1975 All-Star Game pass (NBC TV)

Unused pass measures about 3 x 6 inches and was issued to NBC for coverage of the 1975 All-Star Game in Milwaukee County Stadium. Pass is a bit darker green than my scan shows. Mint condition. $10 delivered.

[linked image]

Unused ticket 1954 World Series, Game 3

Unused ticket measures about 2 1/4 by 7 1/4 inches and was to Game 3 in Cleveland. Creasing apparent, and there are two staple holes on each end of the ticket. But it's fully intact and not all that easy to come by. $110 delivered.

[linked image]

[linked image]

SOLD: Four vintage mechanical pencils, including Fightin' Phillies

Each of these measures about 5 1/2 inches. I'll do my best to describe each one, from top to bottom as pictured below.

1. The Fightin' Phillies, issued by Atlantic. Very good condition. The printing could be a bit better, but it's not light or bad by any means.

2. The printing is tough to read on this one, not because it's faded but because of the dark color of the wood. I can make out a Hillerich & Bradsby label, but I can't figure out for sure what's on the barrel. I think it reads "Baseball's 100th Anniversary," which would make sense, because the final two bats in this group say the same thing, and all of these came from one source. Excellent-mint.

3. Bats reads:

Baseball's 100th Anniversary

Presented by

NEW IDEA LAUNDRY

Launderers - Dry Cleaners

COATESVILLE

Excellent-mint condition

4. Baseball's 100th Anniversary, Hillerich & Bradsby label. Very similar to bat No. 2, except with a different color of wood. Excellent-mint condition.

[linked image]

TERMS: Check or money order only. To make up for the no-PayPal delay, if I recognize you from the board, I'll ship the day after we reach a deal and won't wait for your payment to arrive.

Thanks,

Rob

Old 11-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: brock

1938 yankees signed sheet. Includes a early Joe DiMaggio autograph. Also is signed by Kemp Wicker,Bill Knickerbocker,Myril Hoag, George Selkirk and Babe Dahlgren. Comes with a PSA/DNA auction house letter. Asking $170 shipped.
Photobucket

Cronin style Kren's klouter. Nice bat. Bat was 35 inches long but someone put a peg in the barrel, maybe to put it back on a lathe? I have no idea. asking $45 shipped. Thanks

Photobucket

Photobucket

Old 11-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

1956 Three I League Pass

$15 SOLD

Photobucket

Photobucket

Old 11-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

-2006 Ryan Howard Phillies Game-Used Bat (MVP Season!) Full PSA/DNA LOA. WAS $1195...NOW $1095.

LMK if interested, i am alittle flexible on price.

***The pics are on my BST post.

onrasekim@aol.com

Best-
MS

Old 11-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Lot of cabinet photos - SOLD. Paypal preferred.

5x7...there is another photo that goes with this - the men drinking beer. These were sold to me as being from Americus but there is no indication on the photos.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

4x6 photo on backer - location unknown.

8x10 photo on backer (the whole thing wouldn't fit in the scanner) - Valley Junction, PA

Old 11-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: aro13

I am looking to buy any Pedro Martinez game used equipment, jersey's from his Boston Red Sox career. I am also looking for ticket stubs from games Pedro won.

Also looking for any game used bats from Red Sox players who played on the 2004 or 2007 team.

Thanks
Albie
albie.ohanian@sympatico.ca

Old 11-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Albie,

You should contact Sportworld just north of Boston. They always have some game used bats hanging around ( http://www.sportsworld-usa.com ).

I don't have any Pedro stuff other than a team signed ball from 2003. If you have any interest in it I'm thinking of downsizing some more of my collection. I also have a 2004 WS ball signed by Dave Roberts (not game used)if any interest.

Greg