NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-12-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
If Heritage auctions is going to level accusations like that in a public forum they better make it clearer then. Leaving it out there like that is sleazy, and lowers my opinion of the messenger even lower than it already was.
"Simon’s account, as well as several others’, was suspended for allegedly working in conjunction with a man known to the law enforcement world (and on this board and http://whitebetsy.wordpress.com/) as “The Cooperstown Forger.”

That's their words Dan, NOT mine.

It would be great if one of our resident attorneys could chime in regarding the use of the word "allegedly" and let us know just how much protection that offers the user in a situation like this?
Old 06-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
"Simon’s account, as well as several others’, was suspended for allegedly working in conjunction with a man known to the law enforcement world (and on this board and http://whitebetsy.wordpress.com/) as “The Cooperstown Forger.”

That's their words Dan, NOT mine.

It would be great if one of our resident attorneys could chime in regarding the use of the word "allegedly" and let us know just how much protection that offers the user in a situation like this?
"Allegedly" is a term used by news outfits to protect themselves from lawsuits. It's sleazy to drop that word here while making an accusation against someone. Either stand behind your accusation or don't make it. Is Heritage auctions in the business of dropping bidders from their rolls for "alleged" activity?
Old 06-12-2012, 05:42 PM
WillRow.ett III

Quote:
"Allegedly" is a term used by news outfits to protect themselves from lawsuits. It's sleazy to drop that word here while making an accusation against someone. Either stand behind your accusation or don't make it. Is Heritage auctions in the business of dropping bidders from their rolls for "alleged" activity?
And that children is what is referred to in common sense circles as BINGO.

Last edited by Splinte1941; 06-12-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Richard Simon

It was speculated to me a few days ago, by a hobbyist, allegedly (that word again) who the Cooperstown Forger might be. He did say there was no proof at all, just lots of speculation.
If that hobbyist is correct then I do know that person. But "allegedly working in conjunction" with him? That cleverly implies that I am working with him in forging activities, without Jonathan having to say that I am forging with him. That is probably near slander and very carefully couched in terms that can give them deniability. Nice work, Jonathan, be proud of yourself for a baseless near slander.
I would think and hope that nobody on this board would believe that I would work in conjunction with a forger in forging activities.
I have fought forgers for 20 years and many know that.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 06-12-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:49 PM
WillRow.ett III

If anyone had any real sack in this thread, and had information, they would out this Cooperstown Asshole and simply type "allegedly" somewhere in the sentence.

Why is the identity of this prick being protected? Obviously this felon holds enough cache in the business to scare people off. It's like the Memorabilia Mafia. What a god damned joke.

Last edited by Splinte1941; 06-12-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinte1941 View Post
If anyone had any real sack in this thread, and had information, they would out this Cooperstown Asshole and simply type "allegedly" somewhere in the sentence.

Why is the identity of this prick being protected? Obviously this piece of shit holds enough cache in the business to scare people off. It's like the Memorabilia Mafia. What a god damned joke.
According to what was told to me, nobody has any information, it is pure speculation. There is zero information out there to prove anything. It is not about cache in the business, it is that there is no information at all about who the forger is.
People are not scared, they lack facts or proof.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 06-12-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Obviously they are.
--
Old 06-12-2012, 06:03 PM
WillRow.ett III

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
According to what was told to me, nobody has any information, it is pure speculation. There is zero information out there to prove anything. It is not about cache in the business, it is that there is no information at all about who the forger is.
People are not scared, they lack facts or proof.
I wasn't referring to you Richard, but someone here knows who this guy is.

Hell, the Cooperstown Forger may actually be one of us...

Last edited by Splinte1941; 06-12-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:

Knows or speculates?
Two entirely different things.
Knows implies proof and facts.
--
Old 06-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:

Jake, there are a handful of people, including myself, who have been battling the sellers of forgeries for a very, very long time. There is a time to call someone out by name and a time to be careful. But one thing I can guarantee, is that none of us have ever been scared. The majority of collectors/people, have no idea what people like Richard Simon and myself have gone through to expose the bad guys. This is not meant to pat ourselves on the back, it is simply fact.

So please, do not use the word scared.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:14 PM
J0n Fu.ld

Quote:
someone here knows who this guy is.
How do we know it's not a highly knowledgeable and crafty 19th century baseball memorabilia woman
Banned

Heritage is so full of it. I didn't "harrass" anybody. what a crock. i simply told them they shouldn't be misrepresenting their auctions and lying about authentication on an item when there wasn't any.

When Ivy told me i was naive and didnt know how big auction houses work, i simply went to the top and emailed the head honcho at heritage, and just because it happened to be his daddy, they got their drawers twisted in a bunch and banned me. There was no "harrassment". I simply told the chairman what was going on and I said that where I come from, if you say something that isn't so it's called a lie. And that the sports dept. (I said sports dept. and didn't name names because I didn't want to make it into a personal thing) was telling customers that auction loa's existed when they didn't, and that it was a lie.

That's harrassment? baloney. They got caught doing something they shouldn't so they made sure someone had to pay for it. Why does Ivy always send someone else to speak for him? Can't he get on here himself and say what he wants to say?

I guess going to the top of the company and contacting them as a customer is only for when you have praise and gold stars to hand out? How are they going to get any better as an auction house if they don't hear from dissatisfied customers with concerns and grievances? And their way to handle grievances is to ban people I guess. Well, good for them.

Last edited by travrosty; 06-13-2012 at 03:12 PM.
JD

The only information on the Cooperstown forger available at this point is this artist rendering.........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg db_cooper.jpg (16.2 KB, 404 views)
Old 06-12-2012, 06:17 PM
J0n Fu.ld

Cracking up
Old 06-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxforthebp View Post
The only information on the Cooperstown forger available at this point is this artist rendering.........
Holy smokes!!! DB Cooper!!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:

Jake. Are you confessing?
Old 06-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
String 'em up .
--
Old 06-12-2012, 06:48 PM
WillRow.ett III

Quote:
Dumb question, but who is the consignor of the items attributed to the Cooperstown Forger? They didn't magically appear on the doorstep of Mastro, so why isn't the FBI harassing this individual for information?
Old 06-12-2012, 06:48 PM
WillRow.ett III

Quote:
Old 06-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Banned

The whole banning someone because of an unnamed cooperstown forger is ridiculous. if allegations is all it took, anyone who knew this guy and that guy and the guy around the corner would be banned. Isn't there someone that works there that has allegations levied against them? Is everyone that knows that guy banned too?

It's just a cover story for the real reason people were banned. Because they had critiqued Heritage and criticized the way they were doing things and now people must pay.

I would love to know the name of the bidder who bid on my item and then didn't pay.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post

I would love to know the name of the bidder who bid on my item and then didn't pay.
I think you already do, Travis.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Richard Simon

Seems to me that Dan Bretta's assessment of Heritage has been right on.
I have to say that I totally agree with him.
Jonathan Scheier, executive of Heritage, comes on the board and makes a spurious charge which implies that I allegedly work in conjunction with a forger. He knows that is a lie.
If the person who is named as the Cooperstown Forger in another thread is indeed the person that Jonathan is referring to then yes I have been asked for quotes by that person for his blog. Yes, I have been asked to give opinions about autograph items he has questioned. Yes he asks me questions about the autograph business. My name is out there on his blog. It is not a secret. But to imply that I work with him, in the way you do, is ridiculous.
Jonathan, you posted on Net54 in a very clever way, I will give you that. Your use of the word alleged in the slander you used against me, covers your butt and your companies butt, I am pretty sure. But you worded it in a way to embarrass me when you knew that the truth of the matter would not embarrass me. The truth of the matter is out there for everyone to see and nothing is hidden. Your vile implication totally distorts the truth.
But what to expect from a firm with an employee roster such as yours.
Nice work Jonathan, you certainly fit well into the organization that employs you, the organization which has been well described in this thread and others.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 06-13-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Banned

I am in concurrence with Richard, I think it's petty the person actually writing the response from the auction house doesn't man up and come on here directly, but send their little "clever" message through a third party trying to paint with a broad brush. And it stinks, frankly, but it is what I have come to expect.

Are customers and collectors with a real concern just flies to be swatted away? Or howitzered if need be?

Last edited by travrosty; 06-13-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Dan Bretta

Heritage auctions has MEARS authenticated items in their auctions all the time...Dave Grob works (worked?) for MEARS...Dave Grob also wrote at least one article that appeared on Hauls of Shame.

I DEMAND THAT HERITAGE STOP ASSOCIATING WITH DAVE GROB AND MEARS FOR THEIR CONNECTIONS TO THE COOPERSTOWN FORGER!!!1
Old 06-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
heritage auctions has mears authenticated items in their auctions all the time...dave grob works (worked?) for mears...dave grob also wrote at least one article that appeared on hauls of shame.

I demand that heritage stop associating with dave grob and mears for their connections to the cooperstown forger!!!1 :d
+1

(nothing personal Dave but Dan and I are on the anti hypocrite patrol and it would be a shame to leave out Heritage).
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 06-13-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:51 PM
WillRow.ett III

Please excuse my ignorance and/or stupidity, but am I to infer from this thread that Peter Nash is allegedly the Cooperstown Forger?

The same Peter Nash who has a website dedicated to exposing fraud in the business? Allegedly...

Last edited by Splinte1941; 06-13-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Dan Bretta

I'd like to make it clear that I think Dave Grob is among the best at what he does and I know some of the guys at MEARS and like them all. It's Heritage that I have a problem with.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Please excuse my ignorance and/or stupidity, but am I to infer from this thread that Peter Nash is allegedly the Cooperstown Forger?

The same Peter Nash who has a website dedicated to exposing fraud in the business? Allegedly...
The other thread, running now about Heritage, named Peter Nash. I have no idea who the Cooperstown Forger is.
--
Old 06-13-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsimon View Post
i [am] on the anti hypocrite patrol...
lol!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
I'd like to make it clear that I think Dave Grob is among the best at what he does and I know some of the guys at MEARS and like them all. It's Heritage that I have a problem with.
I don't know Dave but have only heard good things about him, so Dan gets
+1 from me for this entire post.
--
Old 06-14-2012, 09:25 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Sports View Post
Right off the bat, we’re going to start with an admission that we screwed up. Several of the accusations levied against Heritage are far off base, but we’ll acknowledge that we did make a mistake (or perhaps more than one) in regard to the initial poster’s situation. The lot had been listed in our previous Signature auction and when it did not sell, it was moved to our May auction. In the interim the consignor requested the return of the item and somehow we did not remove it from our books. The jersey was long gone by the time the May auction even began, but since the copy had been written and the photos taken, we didn’t realize it until the sale was complete. The later customer service issues were due to the fact that that department misinterpreted the data in our system—this is a 400+ employee company, and there was a breakdown in communication. I would suggest that should any situation like this arise again, the client would be best served by contacting the Sports department directly. Understand that we accept full fault on this and we make no excuses, only an explanation. I would hope that common sense would dictate that any belief that Heritage would risk its reputation, and the $800+ million in annual sales derived from it, on shady dealings over a piece worth hundreds of dollars, is in error.

And so we do apologize for our initial mistake, and for the imperfect handling of the resolution. But if our simple pledge of honest dealings isn’t enough, we would hope that a logical consideration of the risk/reward dynamic would be enough to convince even the most cynical among us.

We’d apply that statement to this troubling and utterly false suggestion of shill bidding as well. It simply does not happen at Heritage. It’s an unfortunate fact that a small percentage of bids are not honored. We do make every attempt to settle all accounts, but in the end it is simply impossible to extract payment from someone who is unwilling (or, in many cases, unable) to honor his bids. Heritage has, by far, the largest collectibles bidding clientele outside of eBay, and unfortunately there will be a few bad eggs in a carton that size. The upside is World Record prices—the bidder who paid $418,000 for the Bill Buckner ball, for example, had never bid in a collectibles auction before, but we were all over the news and he signed up the day before the auction. The downside with such a volume of clients is that a very small percentage of invoices in a 2,700 lot auction are inevitably not paid.

It should go without saying that all reneging bidders are banned. It likely doesn’t go without saying—so we’ll say it—that our consignment agreements clearly state that unsold properties can be transferred to the next available auction at our discretion. So, for example, Heritage was completely within its legal rights to retain Mr. Borkin’s unsold ring for placement in our August auction, but we instead returned it and forfeited several thousand dollars in commissions accordingly. This should stick a pin in any belief that shilling, or any other form of auction treachery, was at play.

And, speaking of banned clients, we’ll close with a clarification. Richard Simon and Travis Roste claim that their accounts were suspended by Heritage for negative comments posted on the board. While we’d admit there is an uncomfortable irony in simultaneously bashing and patronizing a business, that’s not the reason. Simon’s account, as well as several others’, was suspended for allegedly working in conjunction with a man known to the law enforcement world (and on this board and http://whitebetsy.wordpress.com/) as “The Cooperstown Forger.” Roste’s account was suspended after a campaign of harrassment of our executives in May of 2011.

To paraphrase the great Vince Lombardi, we won’t ever be perfect, but in the pursuit of perfection we’ll achieve greatness. We are human and mistakes will inevitably be made, but it’s important to bear in mind that boards such as these paint a very distorted picture. On any topic at all, as we all know, you’re far more likely to hear complaints than praise. Our most recent Signature Sports auction included over 400 consignors—ask around, and you’ll quickly learn that’s many multiples the hobby average. There’s a reason for this, and it’s the quality of our overall service. Heritage Sports sells close to 15,000 lots annually—that’s a huge volume of transactions, many multiples that of some of our top competitors. Babe Ruth struck out 1,330 times; Mariano Rivera has struck out once in his career. Who’s the better hitter?
So you had to go there and tell this board why two members were banned from bidding? I would think that this would be a business decision that would be just between both parties and not to be shared with the world. And to level accusations against someone's reputation by linking Mr. Simon with a known forger would possibly be detrimental to his livelyhood is just plain unthinkable to me that you would do this.

I have never done business or spoken to Mr. Simon but I have done business with Heritage and will no longer spend my dollars with a company that would be so willing to throw their customers and their reputations under the bus to make themselves look better. I would think that the attitude that has been displayed by a Heritage executive here would do more harm to their business than do them any good. I am constantly amazed how owners and executives of companies in this hobby always seem to shoot themselves in the foot. Heritage has been added to my "do not buy" list....a list that seems to be getting smaller and smaller all the time.

And for the record, my name is Andrew White and I approve this message
Old 06-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Banned

Especially since their reason i was banned is not true. I harrassed no one, now they level the accusation I am a harrasser. Not true. I don't think they liked the fact that a few hobbyists seem to know more about boxing autographs than the people they employ as "experts". they started to look bad and they can't have that so they throw the baby out with the bath water.

What people don't know is that there is a someone else who got banned, who is a boxing autograph hobbyist who never worked with any blog site, and also didn't harrass anyone over at heritage, and he too got his account banned. They don't seem to like boxing autograph collectors who know their trade.

When the bad ty cobb ball preview hit deadspin.com, heritage took the cobb listing down, but then they redirected the URL to a page that was suppose to be critical of the person who wrote the story.

so when people went to deadspin.com, and clicked on the link that was suppose to bring them to the bad cobb ball, they were redirected to a page that took a potshot at the writer of the story.

Is that professionalism by an auction house? Playing games like that instead of addressing the issue of why this ball was even up on their website, and with a TPA auction loa listed with it as well? Their answer to this is to redirect a link and take a potshot at someone? Professionals???

Last edited by travrosty; 06-14-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:34 AM
R@nda!! H@hn

This is kinda off topic but not really.

I had never bought anything from Heritage before, but I bid on an item in their Sunday auction. This auction was on 5/20. I paid for my item on 5/23 in the a.m. I used a bank transfer because I figured that would get it moving the fastest and that way the auction house doesn't get charged a fee like the credit cards do. I figured thats what they would prefer. So last week I still didn't have the item and I emailed them. They said that I made the payment on 5/23 but it didn't cleaar til 5/30. Even though I made a direct bank transfer it needs to clear? OK maybe I'm confused. So now it should ship out on 5/30 right? I just emailed last night and said I had still not gotten it. I get the email back today that it is still in shipping! Hasn't even left! And this is 21 days after I paid. And 14 if you think my payment needed to clear. So this is my first dealing with them. Doesn't bode well. Maybe I will get my account cancelled now?

Last edited by mcgwirecom; 06-14-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Dan Bretta

Obviously they are so large they really don't care how many Net54 bidders they lose every time Scheier posts here, but I've said it before and will say it again..the person they chose to represent their business on Net54 is arrogant and condescending. None of this surprises me though, they have in their employ a man who is banned from the Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame library which IMO puts them up there with the likes of Coaches Corner.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:20 AM
WillRow.ett III

To defend Heritage you'd have to be:

A)On the payroll/take

B) A moron

C) In bed with the owners/employees, financially or otherwise.

D) A moron

E) A moron

F) A satisfied customer

That's just my $.02
Old 06-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Richard Simon

Jonathan,
I guess I should consider it a badge of honor to have you attempt to defame me. It seems that every time you post here you cause far more harm to your organization than if you did not post.
There have been so many negative posts here about your organization and its employees that it just brings a laugh to my face.
Keep up the good work and BE PROUD of YOUR honest and quality work and bogus attempts to defame me.
Look how this thread has gone against Heritage. Like I said, good work Jonathan.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 06-14-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse View Post
So you had to go there and tell this board why two members were banned from bidding? I would think that this would be a business decision that would be just between both parties and not to be shared with the world. And to level accusations against someone's reputation by linking Mr. Simon with a known forger would possibly be detrimental to his livelyhood is just plain unthinkable to me that you would do this.

I have never done business or spoken to Mr. Simon but I have done business with Heritage and will no longer spend my dollars with a company that would be so willing to throw their customers and their reputations under the bus to make themselves look better. I would think that the attitude that has been displayed by a Heritage executive here would do more harm to their business than do them any good. I am constantly amazed how owners and executives of companies in this hobby always seem to shoot themselves in the foot. Heritage has been added to my "do not buy" list....a list that seems to be getting smaller and smaller all the time.

And for the record, my name is Andrew White and I approve this message
I already have been contacted by a lawyer/acquaintance (well known in the hobby and to Net54 members) encouraging me to take action.
I have also received information on several other customer service complaints about Heritage by people who are afraid of them and don't want to post, but wanted me to know their problem and wanted me to know that they thought that Jonathan is full of crap.
It is a shame that some people are afraid to speak their minds due to auction house tactics designed to inhibit criticism.
Auction houses in glass houses should not be hurling around stones though. Especially with their roster.
And to clarify one more thing in Jonathan's post, I do not patronize Heritage, I have never bought an item from them, I have never sold an item through them.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 06-14-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Christopher Williams

Jonathan, I found it very disappointing to read that you would even imply that Richard Simon is "allegedly working in conjunction with a man known to the law enforcement world (and on this board and http://whitebetsy.wordpress.com/) as “The Cooperstown Forger." This is a man who has stuck his neck out fighting the sellers (and the sources) of forgeries. To even imply that about Richard Simon is ludicrous.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Dan Brown

Quote:
To defend Heritage you'd have to be:

A)On the payroll/take

B) A moron

C) In bed with the owners/employees, financially or otherwise.

D) A moron

E) A moron

F) A satisfied customer

That's just my $.02
OR....Your initials just happen to be J S !! Just kidding lol
Old 06-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post

Is that professionalism by an auction house? Playing games like that instead of addressing the issue of why this ball was even up on their website, and with a TPA auction loa listed with it as well? Their answer to this is to redirect a link and take a potshot at someone? Professionals???
+1
Well said Travis.
Their behavior is more like a petulant child than a professional auction house.
--
Old 06-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Jonathan, I found it very disappointing to read that you would even imply that Richard Simon is "allegedly working in conjunction with a man known to the law enforcement world (and on this board and http://whitebetsy.wordpress.com/) as “The Cooperstown Forger." This is a man who has stuck his neck out fighting the sellers (and the sources) of forgeries. To even imply that about Richard Simon is ludicrous.
I have to concur...what a tra la la goon D A. Admitting their mistake was all that was needed. It just goes to show what kind of idiots are in the Memorabilia Auction business. Complete and utter jack asses. Enjoy your little hobby, I'll stick to Corvettes for now.......
Old 06-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
+1
Well said Travis.
Their behavior is more like a petulant child than a professional auction house.
+2
Old 06-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

I have been in this hobby for fifty years, and as most of you know, 12 years ago, I was arrested for selling forged material. I was an idiot for selling bad merchandise; it was a mistake. I really have tried to do things right since then.

The reason I am even getting involved with this thread, is the way Heritage mentioned Richard and Travis in their post on this board. I really don't know Travis, but Richard Simon is a friend of mine, and I felt that because of my past and our friendship, they could be saying that I might be the HOF forger, or that Chris Williams could be the Cooperstown Forger, because he is also a friend of Richard. Jim Stinson is a friend of Richard; is he the Cooperstown Forger?

Heritage is saying things that make everyone on this board look like they could be the bad guy.

I have dealt with one of their wonder-kins in the past named Mike Gutierrez, and I have a great deal to say about Mark Jordan. I will be discussing them in great lengths, once I receive some needed items. These are the people Heritage chooses to associate with while trying to use innuendo to denigrate others.

Leon, you of all people, should protest such innuendos being placed on the board. Just pure crap to make people look bad without any proof at all being offered.

If people disagree with Heritage that is not a reason for Heritage to remove them from participating in their auctions.

Heritage, you say you know who this forger is. Tell us who you think it is. The truth is your defense. You take pride in the fact that you do $700 million in business annually. Then please explain to me why you are acting like a five and dime store.(Just showing my age).

I would also bet the letter written so perfectly by you, was done by your warm blooded lawyer.

Last edited by shelly; 06-17-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: wrong post
Old 06-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Banned

Shelly,

thank you for your post, I haven't met Shelly or known him but i do agree that the way Heritage handled it was not professional and heaven knows me and a few of my boxing friends bent over backwards to try to help them with their boxing offerings but they are always the smartest guy in the room according to them, so we gave up trying to help.

A bad piece like the "signed" Mike Tyson preprint under the frame just ended up selling, even with a cert from a major TPA.

If they have something to say they should just come out and say it and stop "implying" things.

Last edited by travrosty; 06-18-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:11 AM

A little off topic, but I read an article yesterday that said Heritage recently sold a dinosaur skeleton that a Texas court had ruled shouldn't be sold. The skeleton had been smuggled out of Mongolia illegally.

Auctioned dinosaur was removed illegally, say experts | MNN ...
http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/ani...ly-say-experts

David
Old 06-19-2012, 08:23 AM
Richard Simon

That is one interesting article and quite a collectible .
I also want to say thanks to Shelly for his post. We have been friends for a number of years and I have witnessed many of the right things that Shelly has done to help the hobby.
Seems like attempts to intimidate Net54 members does not work very well.
Thank goodness we still have freedom of speech on this board, as long as you follow the proper rules and don't try to hide.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 06-19-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Charlie

Hi gang, although still a newbie to Net54 I feel I need to add my two cents here so please forgive my ramble.
Hopefully Heritage is still following this stink bomb of theirs so they read this.

I have followed and bid on Heritages auctions over the years and bought a fair amount of items from Rich Simon as well. I lost interest in Heritage when on several occasions my "winning bids" seemed to be trumped after the auction had closed. I have never had any form of an issue with Rich. In fact at this point I will not bid on anymore auctions because I have no trust in any of the houses. I have narrowed down the list of dealers that I will buy from to around 5 and Rich is in that 5.

It may sound corny but honesty and integrity are very important to me. To have an "alleged" idiot (hey if it covers their ass it covers mine ) make what I felt were very disparaging comments about someone who has been trying to change the BS in our hobby for longer than I've been involved in the hobby, and offer some of the worst excuses for their negligence just makes me sick.

So to the folk at Heritage, I'll tell you what, you can ban me as well, you have my info on file.

Regards

Charles Maselli
Old 06-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

What I find bizarre is that Heritage would not contact the consignor for the original poster. Even if Heritage just put them in contact with each other, maybe they could work something out and save two customers (possibly more since no one lives in a bubble). Just bad business imho.

Joshua
Old 06-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebro041 View Post
OR....Your initials just happen to be J S !! Just kidding lol
Unfortunately the person stating this, and you are agreeing with, is an admitted liar and shill bidder. So agreeing with him is maybe not as highly thought of as it was. I have spoken with a few long time board members about Heritage in the last several days. They have also stated as I believe, Heritage is an honest company that has/had some operational issues. They also should consider changing the messenger on our board. Another messenger might be more widely accepted. Each and every time I have spoken with Chris Ivy about the banning of board members from their auctions I have concluded his reasoning was sound. They have never banned anyone for only questioning an item. They will ban folks that go overboard which many of our members do. Time and time again I might add. It's all in the delivery. I can't say I blame them either. As far as saying Richard is in cahoots with an alleged forger, criminal, wanted person and allegedly the biggest crook ever in the hobby, Peter Nash, well, if information is being supplied to him then I don't know what you would call it? Maybe someone can help out here. What do you call a person that gives information to allegedly the biggest fraudster in the sports memorabilia business? I am just asking a question not making any accusations.

I want to add that I think, and have always thought, Richard is a very honest person. I am merely asking a legitimate, devils advocate question above.

Last edited by Leon; 06-20-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:02 PM

The biggest fraudster in the sports memorabilia business, without a doubt, was Barry Halper.

No one even comes close. No one ever will.