NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-22-2014, 09:47 AM
R.J. Hinners

I'm in...
Old 04-22-2014, 09:59 AM
Alex

I am interested but have a question. Who would do the ticket drawing?
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:03 AM

I would buy a ticket.

It would be cool to have a live webcast if possible of the actual drawing for the winner. Or, at the very least, it should be filmed and put up on youtube? Just an idea....
Old 04-22-2014, 10:05 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
I am interested but have a question. Who would do the ticket drawing?
No drawing. Everyone gets their numbers assigned ahead of time, all posted on the board for all to see so that there is no cry of foul. The winning number is determined by taking the last 3 digits of the attendance figure for a pre-selected game as reported by a specific source.

So essentially an independent, verifiable random number (with a baseball theme for fun).

That way everything is laid out in advance, no board members have any control over the selection of the winning number, and there should be no cries of "foul" or any question of the results being manipulated.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:54 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCubsGo32 View Post
^^ This. As Lance and others mention..start small for the first ( hopefully many more) raffle and build on that.

* Limited to 200 - This would not be hard to fill at all.
* Keep it 16x20 - Keep it simple for the first time around.
* Have limit on ticket purchase - First 3 days, you can only buy max of 2 tickets. This way it gives everyone a fair chance to purchase at least one ticket.Some don't check the board 24/7.THEN on 4th day, open it up to as many as you want, on first come first serve basis.
I too like this idea and would be in for at least one shot!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:02 AM
Steve Murray

I'm in for 1. 2 once everyone has a chance for 1
Old 04-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Chris Wassmuth

I would be in for one now, possibly one more later.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
No drawing. Everyone gets their numbers assigned ahead of time, all posted on the board for all to see so that there is no cry of foul. The winning number is determined by taking the last 3 digits of the attendance figure for a pre-selected game as reported by a specific source.

So essentially an independent, verifiable random number (with a baseball theme for fun).

That way everything is laid out in advance, no board members have any control over the selection of the winning number, and there should be no cries of "foul" or any question of the results being manipulated.
Excellent solution, Lance!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:49 AM
John €ffenheim

I'm in
Old 04-22-2014, 11:52 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
Excellent solution, Lance!
To be fair, the method of choosing the winning number was all Bill's idea. I just thought I'd better clarify asap as it seemed some were getting the wrong idea about there being a televised drawing
Old 04-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Bill Boyd

Thanks Lance,
As everyone can see, the response has been great. As intended, this thread was to propose a raffle and find out what kind of interest there would be and to hash out any details to this raffle.
The decision to move forward is yes and I hope to have tentative details, dates and the rest of the rules posted sometime soon.
Graig is excited to say the least, as he has been monitoring the responses and in his old humble way exclaimed, "I didn't expect this kind of a response."
So now I will get back to finishing up the rules so I can post them ASAP.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:26 PM
Jack T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCubsGo32 View Post
^^ This. As Lance and others mention..start small for the first ( hopefully many more) raffle and build on that.

* Limited to 200 - This would not be hard to fill at all.
* Keep it 16x20 - Keep it simple for the first time around.
* Have limit on ticket purchase - First 3 days, you can only buy max of 2 tickets. This way it gives everyone a fair chance to purchase at least one ticket.Some don't check the board 24/7.THEN on 4th day, open it up to as many as you want, on first come first serve basis.

FWIW, I also like these rules.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:48 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

I would buy one
Old 04-22-2014, 01:09 PM

If Permitted, I would be iN for 5...
Old 04-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

IN for at least 2 or more. Thanks to all for getting this going.

Jeff
Old 04-22-2014, 01:33 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post

I guess I'm brain-dead today, or did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night (or both...)

If the contest is limited to 200 entries, what if the attendance for the pre-selected game is is 28,917?

So the winning number is then 917... but the entries go from only 1 - 200. How will this determine a winner?

I'm sure there's an obvious answer... just not getting it
Old 04-22-2014, 01:36 PM
David McDonald

In like a dirty shirt.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:42 PM
Er1cPr0chn0w

I would definitely be in for 1.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:45 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I guess I'm brain-dead today, or did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night (or both...)

If the contest is limited to 200 entries, what if the attendance for the pre-selected game is is 28,917?

So the winning number is then 917... but the entries go from only 1 - 200. How will this determine a winner?

The full rules were laid out in the OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
3. Once total entries obtained, that number divided into 1000 to obtain a whole number. (example; 230 total into 1000 is 4.3), 4 is the whole number, meaning everyone will get 3 additional chances to win. The list will then be expanded by reapplying the numbers list starting with 231 (3 additional times), keeping list in same sequence.
4. Using the 230 as an example, Member who received #1, would also get 231, 461, and 691.
5. Using 230 as the example, the last number would be 920, Any number after 920 is not to be used.
6. Drawing: Once final list posted with all additional extra chances, posted for 3-5 days so everyone gets a chance to see the numbers, a ballbame, preselected will be named and the last three numbers of the attendance figure will be you winner. If those numbers fall is one of the unused numbers, the last number dropped from the attendance and the new three numbers will the winner.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:50 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post

In that case, it would be whoever got #117, because they would also have #317, 517, 717 and 917. Every $20 entry gets you 5 numbers. You get your base number ranging from 1 through 200, and then add 200 each time to get your 4 other numbers.

200 was selected as the cap for entries because it's a nice round number and divides into 1000 easily, simplifying the math. And because Graig said the he could do a nice painting of that size for that price

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 04-22-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:56 PM
Bill Boyd

Perez fan,
Each entry will get 5 chances. Once the list is established from 1-200, the named list is re-entered, in same order, 4 additional times. 5 x 200 = 1000.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:57 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Got it... I'm in too (if room allows).

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Tom Boblitt

In for at least one, more if allowed..................
Old 04-22-2014, 03:07 PM

Great idea, count me in!
Old 04-22-2014, 03:22 PM
J0n@th@n P@rker

I'm in
Old 04-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Jer.em.ey

Wow, excellent! I would be interested.
Successful BST purchases: npa589, RedlegsFan, Wildfireschulte, AndyG09, Vintageismygame, Ben_Yourg, pencil1974, Leon, bnorth, LuckyLarry, loubrown, cardsnstuff, brianp-beme, gooseman91, ricktmd, and bcookie.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:38 PM
John Hanssen

Great idea - love Greg's work
I'll be happy to buy in
Old 04-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Charles

Could be a stupid question but if we said we are in does that guarantee us an opportunity to buy in or will it be a mad scramble once its opened up? It seems like 200 will not be hard to fill at all.

CJ
Old 04-22-2014, 04:53 PM
Bill Boyd

Next time

Last edited by billyb; 05-11-2014 at 01:25 AM. Reason: TYPO
Old 04-22-2014, 05:01 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Okay all, here is the date and time this raffle as it is going to kick off, on Sunday May 4th, 2014 at 8PM (EST) Now I want to see some potential dreams, so post them, one of them may be the winner.

OFFICIAL RULES TO WIN 16 X 20 INCH GRAIG KREINDLER PAINTING.

1. Sale of entries will begin on Sunday, May 4th, 2014 @ 8PM (EST)
2. Cost is $20 per entry, limit capped at 5, total, for first three days. (72 hours). After 72 hours, capped lifted.
3. Entries obtained on raffle thread at which time you will give us the number of entries you wish to purchase.
4. At 200 entries, sales will stop, capped at 200. But keep posting as entries may come available or second event may occur, depending on response. (see more below)
5. Payment will be disclosed at later date.
6. Your entry numbers will be given out in order of requests, via the raffle thread. Example: First member, if request is for three entries, will get numbers 1,2,3, Second member if request is for 2, will get #4 and 5, and third member will start at 6 and so on, until 200 entries is achieved.
7. Each entry will get 5 chances, #1 will also get, 201, 401, 601, 801, and #2 will get 202, 402, 602, 802.
8, Once list is completed, entry fees will be due in 7 days. Any entry fee not paid after 7 days will be forfeited and resold.
9. Once all payments are received, an upcoming baseball game will be selected, along with a secondary game in case of a rainout.
10. The winning number will be the last three digits of the attendance of the selected game, as given on the New York Times web site, box score. The number on the New York Times website is the one we will use, even if a different attendance number may be given on the radio, television or elsewhere.

NOTE: After the first 200 entries are reserved, we will continue taking entry requests in case some are unpaid/forfeited. If response is so overwhelming that 400 requests are reached, Graig has agreed to do a second painting so as two winners may be achieved. In that event, numbers will be assigned to the second group of 200 entrants as above and separate event selected for determining the winning number of the second event.

STIPULATIONS: Graig Kreindler does reserves the right of final word, as to content of the subject matter, of the paintings requested.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL
Sounds great! Thanks for arranging and thanks to Graig for offering up this opportunity.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:13 PM
Bill Boyd

To all,
I want to post here that whoever is the lucky winner(s), remember, there still is a waiting list before Graig starts any paintings. No exceptions here. And the size of 16 x 20, could take up to 6 months to complete. But we all know, they are well worth it.

Bill Boyd

Last edited by billyb; 04-22-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Chris Wood

Default So many choices....

If we are dreaming...I really like this image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaron_hank.jpg (19.8 KB, 350 views)
Old 04-22-2014, 05:46 PM
Bill Boyd

Chris,
Aaron is always cool, good choice, I am excited that someone's dream is going to come true, I can't wait.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball tourist View Post
If we are dreaming...I really like this image.
Id go with a Aaron painting also! Good choice
Old 04-22-2014, 06:25 PM
John €ffenheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 View Post
Id go with a Aaron painting also! Good choice
+2!

Quote:
Sale of entries will begin on Sunday, May 4th, 2014 @ 8PM (EST)
This will be board time correct? So posts at 7:59 will be disallowed?
Old 04-22-2014, 06:30 PM
Bill Boyd

effe,
I was not aware of no posts after 7:59, exuse me, time to scramble and check this out, thanks for the insight.
Effe,
I misunderstood you, I am going to try and enter the thread at exactly 8:00, whatever the time is, when you see the sight pop in, I will be taking entry requests.
I read your first post too fast and thought there was no posts allowed after 7:59pm on Sun, my heart was in my throat for a second. I will have this current thread still going and hope to answer questions here. I don't want to start the other too soon as I will be getting questions on that sight that might interfere with the requesting procedures.

Last edited by billyb; 04-22-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:55 PM
Skip

Great idea!
Old 04-22-2014, 07:09 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by effe View Post
+2!

This will be board time correct? So posts at 7:59 will be disallowed?

I think I must have missed something where the thread went from "i'm in" a max of 200 entries to this May 4th thing. Will there be a new thread?

ok I see it now, just an inquiry how many would be in

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors

Last edited by Republicaninmass; 04-22-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:12 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

I am interested, but does it have to be baseball? Will he consider other sports ie. track and field? I appreciate his work, but I would have no interest in a baseball theme painting.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 04-22-2014, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
I am interested, but does it have to be baseball? Will he consider other sports ie. track and field? I appreciate his work, but I would have no interest in a baseball theme painting.
WHAT!!! NO BASEBALL!!! You just crossed the line!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Bill Boyd

Michael B,
I have seen other sports paintings he has done, I am sure he would be interested if it is a quality piece, some historical connection with the event, or a famous track and field athlete in motion.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

Thank you so much for showing so much enthusiasm for this whole thing. And a BIG 'thank you' has to go to Bill and Lance for putting it all together. The whole experience has been really exciting to watch unfold thus far, and all of your responses leave me pretty darn humbled (as they always seem to do).

In the end, I hope it's a fun experience and that someone gets something that they really love and cherish to show for it. I'd definitely be up for doing this sort of thing again if there's still interest for it.

The bottom line is, you guys have always been soooooo incredibly good to me, and I'm thrilled that I can say that some of you have become real-life, true friends over the years. It sounds corny for sure, but this sort of loving community is super important to me.

And for the record Michael, I'm happy to do a track & field piece, or any other sport - the winning painting doesn't have to be baseball!

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 04-22-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Banned

Graig- Even owning one of your studies is a honor and something I will never part with. Your paintings are hands down the best I've seen and I'm sure many others can say the same.....so with that said since I'm winning the raffle can you go ahead and get started on my hank Aaron painting...lol
Old 04-22-2014, 09:28 PM

Default Nettles

If I win, I'd like this one in Kreindlercolor. You're familiar with this one, right Graig?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (66.2 KB, 368 views)
Old 04-22-2014, 09:29 PM

Default Nettles

Here is one that you started a few years ago...you're welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (76.0 KB, 368 views)
Old 04-22-2014, 09:36 PM
Graig Kreindler

Joey, you got it. Just gotta find the right image first!

Curt, that's the one!! It was always been my favorite from my father's collection. I think my rendition exhibits some excellent crayon work.

Last edited by GKreindler; 04-22-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:17 AM
John €ffenheim

Quote:
effe,
I misunderstood you, I am going to try and enter the thread at exactly 8:00.

So the signup thread won't exist prior to 8. That answers my question, thanks!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:45 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 View Post
WHAT!!! NO BASEBALL!!! You just crossed the line!
The foul line???? If you saw my walls you would understand.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 04-23-2014, 08:01 AM

Wow, that a great idea and I hope to be in the running.

Here's me dreaming big:

Old 04-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Bill Boyd

Packs,
I have to say, one great photo there, good luck.