NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-04-2014, 10:07 AM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Default Another ebay issue I have not had before

Recently I sold an antique (circa 1900) table tennis set on ebay. The Buyer has an ebay account from China but a Massachusetts shipping address. Not sure how that works. The Buyer has 100% feedback, many comments about his fast payment, etc. but takes 10 days to pay me and only does so after I open a non-payment case. I ship the item to him USPS INSURED with the insurance at my expense because I do not want any problems with delivery. No one home at the time of delivery so they left him a notice to pick the package up at the post office. That was nearly two weeks ago. It has still not been delivered. I have a very bad feeling about this. The Buyer does not respond to my messages. Any thoughts?
Old 12-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Ping Pong and Hong Kong rhyme, just a thought.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 12-04-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Well, Frank, King Kong would be a better rhyme I think.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:48 AM
Dave

Has he opened a case? Could be he travels to China on a regular basis and is away from his U.S. address right now.

At least it's sitting in a U.S. Post Office and should get sent back to you if it never gets claimed.

I've been reading horror stories lately about International customers not picking packages up at their Post Office that are waiting for customs payment on them. They claim "Item Not Received", Ebay pulls the money from the seller and refunds the buyer even though the tracking says exactly where the package is.

Buyer then goes and pays the customs fee before their Post Office sends it back to the States, and they essentially get the item for the cost of their VAT fee.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

I've had a couple buyers in China who have the item shipped to CA. Knock on wood, the transactions have gone smoothly for me.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:09 PM
Dan Bretta

My thoughts are ebay is likely to give you a "defect" and you and your family will never be allowed to sell on ebay ever again.