NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 06-16-2022, 12:46 PM
Jeremy

Default Looking for Oversized PSA/SGC Sleeves

Hey all,

I'm looking for sleeves for PSA/SGC slabs of Turkey Red and T201/t202. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 06-16-2022, 10:24 PM

I have discovered sleeves to fit most or all of PSA's slabs, even the big 8x10s (hint: they're not all intended for cards, but they work perfectly)

But I'm not familiar with those particular sets you asked, so what size are the slabs? they look possibly like what people call "tall boys"?

Edit: first reply based on searching 'T201' but the Turkey Reds look bigger, perhaps the T3 size slabs?

Last edited by Empty77; 06-16-2022 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-17-2022, 08:04 AM
Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty77 View Post
I have discovered sleeves to fit most or all of PSA's slabs, even the big 8x10s (hint: they're not all intended for cards, but they work perfectly)

But I'm not familiar with those particular sets you asked, so what size are the slabs? they look possibly like what people call "tall boys"?

Edit: first reply based on searching 'T201' but the Turkey Reds look bigger, perhaps the T3 size slabs?
Yep, the Turkey Red are T3 size. Any recommendations for all of these sizes is much appreciated!
Old 06-18-2022, 12:33 AM

Jeremy,

For my oversized SGC holders (T3 sized), I am using sleeves made for Golden Age comic books made by BCW. They are 8" x 10 1/2" with a 1 1/2" resealable flap. I picked them up at a local comic book shop, but if you don't have one of those near you, I'm sure that you could order them online.

For the T201/T202 sized SGC slabs (or "tall boys"), I ended up finding some sleeves that work well from the website clearbags.com, as you can see from the picture below. Hope this helps!

Old 06-18-2022, 10:43 AM

note: I find and use sleeves with a glove-like fit, so if that isn't the look or goal for someone, then my suggestions may not be best

The tallboys are easy to me, since there are card hobby suppliers out there with ready-made products for them. The brand I use is superiorfitsleeves.com (prev "perfect fit") because they fit tightly and most awesomely have a tapered flap that prevents the bunching up effect of more mediocre sleeve brands. The website is a little hard to use since the filters do not work well, so there always seem to be extraneous items on each page that look alike and can get confusing. But the PSA Tallboys are what he calls 403 or 403b (I think the difference is just pack of 25 v pack of 50).

Also, the guy is open to new product suggestions. For instance when I was struggling a while ago to find good coin-sized sleeves I pointed out the need and indicated examples, and within a few months the new product launched on the site.

For the PSA T3's, I also discovered the ClearBags site the other reply mentioned. The best size I found for these is "Comic1PC" (6 15/16" x 10 3/16"). These of course don't have the tapered flap, but I'll tuck in the overage a little to create a similar effect. (neat thing about this site is that you can request samples of various sizes that you think might work for your purpose, until you settle on the best match).

Though in pursuing the SuperiorFit site for this post I notice what looks like might now be a T3 size sleeve, which he calls 405 and describes as for 'cards 5"x7",' which is about the size of cards that get placed into T3's. I'll email to ask what the dimension of the intended slab is, rather than the card, since PSA can put any sized card into a T3 that will fit, doesn't have to be 5x7. If it's a T3, I'll suggest he would benefit in added that phrasing to the site, similar to how he did start describing the Tallboys as tallboys after I mentioned it. Though I haven't used that 405 product, if they are in fact T3 size then you can't go wrong with any of his stuff (unless you get confused on the site and order the wrong thing...)