NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on Ebay
Babe Ruth Cards
t206 Ty Cobb
Ty Cobb Cards
Lou Gehrig Cards
Baseball T201-T217
Baseball E90-E107
T205 Cards
Vintage Baseball Postcards
Goudey Cards
Vintage Baseball Memorabilia
Baseball Exhibit Cards
Baseball Strip Cards
Baseball Baking Cards
Sporting News Cards
Play Ball Cards
Joe DiMaggio Cards
Mickey Mantle Cards
Bowman 1951-1955
Football Cards

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #651  
Old 11-25-2021, 10:41 AM
ibuysportsephemera's Avatar
ibuysportsephemera ibuysportsephemera is offline
Jeff G@rf!nkel
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,478
Default

My Wife is a pharmacist, my Daughter is a pharmacist in the emergency room of a hospital, my Uncle and Cousin are both Doctor's and my very good friend worked for Pfizer (involved with vaccines) for 25 years. Getting vaccinated was an easy decision based upon their input.

I wonder if a few of the almost 49,000,000 people in the USA that have had COVID and even more of the almost 800,000 people who have died from COVID would like a chance at the vaccine now? Based on my Daughter's actual experiences in the ER...the answer is YES!

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Jeff

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 11-25-2021 at 10:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #652  
Old 11-25-2021, 10:58 AM
Huysmans Huysmans is offline
Br.ent So.bie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I would rate discussing Covid the same as talking politics, religion, or having some crazy loser that won't shut up telling you how bigfoot is real. Still way better than another PWCC thread or the best lefty thread.
You should have taken your own advise then before posting earlier and reviving this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #653  
Old 11-26-2021, 05:15 PM
Carter08 Carter08 is offline
J@mes Nonk.es
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 482
Default

Warren Spahn
Reply With Quote
  #654  
Old 11-26-2021, 06:49 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 7,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
Warren Spahn
I agree and I have a killer Spahn card. Plus your answer is shorter then the Epic of Gilgamesh long posts many made.
Reply With Quote
  #655  
Old 12-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Louisville_Hugger Louisville_Hugger is offline
John
member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Iowa
Posts: 38
Default

No. Anybody who can’t see this thing for what it is is blind. These are not vaccines, they are gene therapy injections with a spike protein that is going to end up causing immeasurable long term health issues and death. Your body’s T-Cells are reduced 30% each jab - three jabs or boosters and you have no immune system left.....none. The “vaccines” were made for the alpha strain and are already ineffective, the booster shots increase your count of Alpha strain spike protein production. That's training your body to produce outdated antibodies which will cause a non-neutralising but binding response to wild type spike protein, and will increase the quantity of antibodies with each booster shot but not the quality of antibodies. The absolute BEST thing that we can do is look after our own bodies, meaning prioritizing our health and our natural immune systems. Avoid garbage, processed foods and drugs. If possible, grow your own vegetables and hunt for your meat. Stay fit and active. Supplement with vitamin D, C, zinc, and quercetin.

I have been around this thing since day one. I’m not in the medical field, but am a subcontractor with a 95% workload at a large hospital. Everybody in my household has tested positive at one point or another in the past year except me. My 76 year old mother has it right now. I sat with her for two hours last night at her place because she was lonely due to her quarantine and not being able to go out. The fear that the MSM has pushed on us is far worse than the virus itself. There’s nothing special about this thing. Ask yourself why the media hasn’t even mentioned natural antibodies or offered us ways to boost our immune systems and get fit, strong and healthy so that we don’t get sick in the first place? It’s all fear, vaccines, fear, and more jabs. This whole thing is a massive transfer of wealth.....follow the money and see who’s pockets are getting deeper right now. All that said , I am not anti vaccine. If you want to take the jab, that’s your personal choice but those of us who do not wish to take it should have that choice (without reprocussions) as well.
Reply With Quote
  #656  
Old 12-03-2021, 10:36 AM
vintagetoppsguy's Avatar
vintagetoppsguy vintagetoppsguy is offline
D@v!d J@m3s
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville_Hugger View Post
Ask yourself why the media hasn’t even mentioned natural antibodies or offered us ways to boost our immune systems...
I'll take a shot at it. Is it because the media is in bed with the vaccine makers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5z4KRvWtEs
__________________
Bullionaire
Reply With Quote
  #657  
Old 12-03-2021, 10:45 AM
Shoeless Moe Shoeless Moe is offline
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy G, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts, Most Blocked Poster
Pa.ul Grus.zka
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Over by there
Posts: 3,977
Default

...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (12.1 KB, 204 views)
Reply With Quote
  #658  
Old 12-03-2021, 02:00 PM
BobbyStrawberry's Avatar
BobbyStrawberry BobbyStrawberry is offline
♏︎ªt✝️ℌǝɯ ♓︎ºµℊℌ
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisville_hugger View Post
i’m not in the medical field
🆗
__________________
_
⚾️ Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog
Reply With Quote
  #659  
Old 12-03-2021, 02:20 PM
steve B steve B is offline
Steve Birmingham
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: eastern Mass.
Posts: 7,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I would rate discussing Covid the same as talking politics, religion, or having some crazy loser that won't shut up telling you how bigfoot is real. Still way better than another PWCC thread or the best lefty thread.
Hey now! Leave poor bigfoot out of this.
Between the pandemic and people not looking for him the number of subs etc abandoned in a panic by people spotting him is WAY down... So much so that he's had to resort to selling his lefty cards through PWCC...
Reply With Quote
  #660  
Old 12-03-2021, 02:33 PM
orioles70's Avatar
orioles70 orioles70 is offline
John
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 488
Default

What!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #661  
Old 12-03-2021, 04:37 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 7,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Hey now! Leave poor bigfoot out of this.
Between the pandemic and people not looking for him the number of subs etc abandoned in a panic by people spotting him is WAY down... So much so that he's had to resort to selling his lefty cards through PWCC...
I have always wanted to go to one of the many BigFoot museums. I think they would be fun to go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles70 View Post
What!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Nice pic of Bob in a costume.
Reply With Quote
  #662  
Old 12-03-2021, 07:52 PM
egri's Avatar
egri egri is offline
Sco.tt Mar.cus
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 1,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Nice pic of Bob in a costume.
I think that's Theo Epstein leaving Fenway on Halloween 2005.
__________________
Signed 1953 Topps set: 261/274 (95.25 %)
Reply With Quote
  #663  
Old 12-03-2021, 08:25 PM
Louisville_Hugger Louisville_Hugger is offline
John
member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Iowa
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I'll take a shot at it. Is it because the media is in bed with the vaccine makers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5z4KRvWtEs
It absolutely blows my mind how many people have fallen for this.
Reply With Quote
  #664  
Old 12-03-2021, 08:26 PM
Louisville_Hugger Louisville_Hugger is offline
John
member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Iowa
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
🆗
Your point?
Reply With Quote
  #665  
Old 12-03-2021, 10:10 PM
Shoeless Moe Shoeless Moe is offline
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy G, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts, Most Blocked Poster
Pa.ul Grus.zka
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Over by there
Posts: 3,977
Default

I think I found Bigfoot, first where do I collect the reward?


It's the JonStats guy on Ebay. Look at image #2 in this listing:


https://www.ebay.com/itm/38445823356...AAAOSw73xhcYQd
Reply With Quote
  #666  
Old 12-03-2021, 11:18 PM
todeen's Avatar
todeen todeen is offline
Tim Odeen
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles70 View Post
What!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
My 8yo son is a believer after he saw those stupid chasing bigfoot shows on Discovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
Barry Larkin, Joey Votto, Tris Speaker, 1930-45 Cincinnati Reds, T206 Cincinnati
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Reply With Quote
  #667  
Old 12-03-2021, 11:25 PM
butchie_t butchie_t is offline
Butch T.
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Colorado
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
My 8yo son is a believer after he saw those stupid chasing bigfoot shows on Discovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I’d like to have Bigfoot’s mileage points. Dude travels all across the USA on a regular basis just to let people get a ‘glimpse’ of him.
__________________
“Man proposes and God disposes.”
U.S. Grant, July 1, 1885

1972 Topps Baseball - 641 / 799 (includes documented variations)
Reply With Quote
  #668  
Old 12-04-2021, 01:27 AM
Mark17's Avatar
Mark17 Mark17 is offline
M@rk S@tterstr0m
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles70 View Post
What!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Why do they call this creature Bigfoot instead of BigButt?
Reply With Quote
  #669  
Old 12-04-2021, 06:38 AM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 5,705
Default

And, we broke a 1,000 yesterday, and just a couple/few weeks ago we were below 400 despite the fact we are approaching an 88% vaccination rate.

Ontario reports more than 1,000 new COVID-19 cases for first time in six months.78
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-r...85EOv_Rqc6g630
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coooviid2.jpg (60.2 KB, 161 views)
Reply With Quote
  #670  
Old 12-04-2021, 07:39 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 7,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
And, we broke a 1,000 yesterday, and just a couple/few weeks ago we were below 400 despite the fact we are approaching an 88% vaccination rate.

Ontario reports more than 1,000 new COVID-19 cases for first time in six months.78
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-r...85EOv_Rqc6g630
Yep that is exactly how vaccines work. It is how we eradicated the flu.
Reply With Quote
  #671  
Old 12-04-2021, 10:02 AM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 5,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Yep that is exactly how vaccines work. It is how we eradicated the flu.
They're awesome vaccines! I honestly don't understand the vaccine hesitancy??

499 fully vaccinated cases today and 469 in the unvaccinated. Sure makes one want to rush out and get these jabs!!

And, like anyone with a brain could see, the number of vaccinated cases in the ICU is also closing the gap on the unvaccinated.

It's amazing that some still advocate and endorse these vaccines despite these numbers.

""The number of new COVID-19 cases in Ontario continue to grow, reaching the highest total since May 30""

""The number of active cases went up to 7,540""

https://www.durhamradionews.com/archives/148290
Reply With Quote
  #672  
Old 12-04-2021, 10:45 AM
Carter08 Carter08 is offline
J@mes Nonk.es
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
They're awesome vaccines! I honestly don't understand the vaccine hesitancy??

499 fully vaccinated cases today and 469 in the unvaccinated. Sure makes one want to rush out and get these jabs!!

And, like anyone with a brain could see, the number of vaccinated cases in the ICU is also closing the gap on the unvaccinated.

It's amazing that some still advocate and endorse these vaccines despite these numbers.

""The number of new COVID-19 cases in Ontario continue to grow, reaching the highest total since May 30""

""The number of active cases went up to 7,540""

https://www.durhamradionews.com/archives/148290
I wish you good luck without it and I mean that.
Reply With Quote
  #673  
Old 12-04-2021, 12:50 PM
ibuysportsephemera's Avatar
ibuysportsephemera ibuysportsephemera is offline
Jeff G@rf!nkel
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,478
Default

It's funny to me how people come to this thread consistently to try to prove that the vaccines don't work. It seems to me that they are trying to convince themselves that they are doing the right thing. Is it important to you to get validation from other anti-vaxxers? I just don't get it?

BTW, my friend who I mentioned earlier is still on a vent (almost a month later) and is still in dire condition.

Jeff G.

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 12-04-2021 at 12:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #674  
Old 12-04-2021, 02:34 PM
carlsonjok carlsonjok is offline
Jeff Carlson
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville_Hugger View Post
Your point?
You said, and I quote, "I’m not in the medical field, but am a subcontractor with a 95% workload at a large hospital."

If you aren't in the medical field, then the fact that you work in a hospital lends about as much credibility to your opinion as the guy that stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. For all we know, you work for the company that the janitorial services were outsourced to.

I'm not particularly interested in an argument, but given the choice between scientists who have made their life's work to understand infectious disease and someone who does records transcription or computer help desk work, I'll chose the scientists.
Reply With Quote
  #675  
Old 12-04-2021, 11:33 PM
nolemmings's Avatar
nolemmings nolemmings is offline
Todd Schultz
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,194
Default

.
__________________
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this:
If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle.
We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us.
It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken.
Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” ---Carl Sagan

Last edited by nolemmings; 12-05-2021 at 12:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #676  
Old 12-05-2021, 06:51 AM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 5,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
I wish you good luck without it and I mean that.
Thank you, and I mean that as well, but can you tell me what will happen to me if I don't get the jabs?

I'm 57, not obese and have no underlying health issues (comorbidities). I eat healthy, take vitamin D+3 and vitamin C with zinc daily. My exercise regime could improve but other than that I am in pretty good health.

With a 99% recovery rating, (if I ever contract it), I'll take my odds rather than have an experimental, first time ever used, with no long term side affect studies, and zero proof it actually works, vaccine injected into me.

Like I said earlier in this thread, we have all been brainwashed, coerced, fooled, manipulated into believing this nonsense because fear sells and that is what we have been sold.
Call me a conspiracy theorist, I don't care, but the shit I have seen to date regarding this whole pandemic and the vaccines, leads me to believe this isn't about covid nor the vaccines at all. It is about control.

We've gone from masks don't work to wear 2, from 2 weeks to flatten the curve, to once we have vaccines, to once 70% of the population is vaccinated, to once 80%, to once 90% and now to passports and mandates. In my opinion, it is never going to end as long as we keep buying in.

The stupidity of it all is all around us but yet it seems many are blind to that fact because their T.V. screens don't talk about it, nor do they talk about all the doctors, nurses, scientists and other medical professionals, (or yesterdays hero's) that also are against these vaccines. It goes on and on and on and on........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cooovvid4.jpg (34.3 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg coovidd74.jpg (63.6 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg covvidd.jpg (33.4 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg coovvid3.jpg (80.2 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg coviddd1.jpg (75.6 KB, 122 views)
Reply With Quote
  #677  
Old 12-05-2021, 07:02 AM
Huysmans Huysmans is offline
Br.ent So.bie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
It's funny to me how people come to this thread consistently to try to prove that the vaccines don't work. It seems to me that they are trying to convince themselves that they are doing the right thing. Is it important to you to get validation from other anti-vaxxers? I just don't get it?

BTW, my friend who I mentioned earlier is still on a vent (almost a month later) and is still in dire condition.

Jeff G.
What's even funnier are people that are told, and can see that numbers are going up DESPITE the vaccine supposedly working, and they STILL live in their delusional "everything I'm being told by the media and government must be 100% correct, and I blindly follow and question nothing despite obvious and glaring contradictions" world.

But yeah, it's the "anti-vaxxers" that are trying to convince themselves lol
Reply With Quote
  #678  
Old 12-05-2021, 07:58 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 7,411
Default

If you think this is all a big government plan to control you, you have WAY bigger problems than Covid.
Reply With Quote
  #679  
Old 12-05-2021, 08:36 AM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 5,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
If you think this is all a big government plan to control you, you have WAY bigger problems than Covid.
You might want to educate yourself first on globalization, agenda 2030 or the great reset, Ben, before you start throwing out insults.
If you don't think this is political, but rather about your health and well being, you haven't been paying attention.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/our...t-great-reset/
https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Reset
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2fp0Jeyjvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz--5LTTmaM
Reply With Quote
  #680  
Old 12-05-2021, 08:38 AM
AustinMike's Avatar
AustinMike AustinMike is offline
Michael
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
What's even funnier are people that are told, and can see that numbers are going up DESPITE the vaccine supposedly working, and they STILL live in their delusional "everything I'm being told by the media and government must be 100% correct, and I blindly follow and question nothing despite obvious and glaring contradictions" world.

But yeah, it's the "anti-vaxxers" that are trying to convince themselves lol
What's even more pathetic are people who ignorantly post numbers to "prove" their point when the totality of those numbers prove the opposite of their point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
They're awesome vaccines! I honestly don't understand the vaccine hesitancy??

499 fully vaccinated cases today and 469 in the unvaccinated. Sure makes one want to rush out and get these jabs!!

And, like anyone with a brain could see, the number of vaccinated cases in the ICU is also closing the gap on the unvaccinated.

It's amazing that some still advocate and endorse these vaccines despite these numbers.

""The number of new COVID-19 cases in Ontario continue to grow, reaching the highest total since May 30""

""The number of active cases went up to 7,540""

https://www.durhamradionews.com/archives/148290
According to the article in the above link, 11,824,449 people in Ontario are above 5 years of age. Based on their percentages (80.55% fully vaccinated, 84.39% fully or partially vaccinated, and 15.61% unvaccinated), 9,524,594 people are fully vaccinated, 9,978,653 are partially vaccinated and 2,299,855 are not vaccinated. According to the numbers provided, 499 of the vaccinated recently got covid, 25 of the partially vaccinated got covid, and 469 of the unvaccinated got covid. In other words, 0.0052% of the fully vaccinated got covid, 0.0055% of the partially vaccinated got covid, and 0.025% of the unvaccinated people got covid. What that means is that if you are unvaccinated, you are 4.85 times more likely to get covid than if you are fully vaccinated and 4.84 times more likely to get covid than if you are fully or partially vaccinated.

And, based on the article, the unvaccinated are 14 times more likely to end up in the ICU versus the fully vaccinated. Those who are partially vaccinated are 3.5 times more likely to end up in the ICU versus the fully vaccinated.

So yeah, keep drinking the Kool-Aid or stay ignorant, whichever the case may be that allows you to think that the article YOU cited shows the vaccines don’t work. “Like anyone with a brain can see,” the article shows that the vaccines ARE working.
__________________
M.!.c.h.@.3.L. . H.v.n.T
_____________________________
Don't believe everything you think
Reply With Quote
  #681  
Old 12-05-2021, 10:15 AM
Huysmans Huysmans is offline
Br.ent So.bie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
What's even more pathetic are people who ignorantly post numbers to "prove" their point when the totality of those numbers prove the opposite of their point.

According to the article in the above link, 11,824,449 people in Ontario are above 5 years of age. Based on their percentages (80.55% fully vaccinated, 84.39% fully or partially vaccinated, and 15.61% unvaccinated), 9,524,594 people are fully vaccinated, 9,978,653 are partially vaccinated and 2,299,855 are not vaccinated. According to the numbers provided, 499 of the vaccinated recently got covid, 25 of the partially vaccinated got covid, and 469 of the unvaccinated got covid. In other words, 0.0052% of the fully vaccinated got covid, 0.0055% of the partially vaccinated got covid, and 0.025% of the unvaccinated people got covid. What that means is that if you are unvaccinated, you are 4.85 times more likely to get covid than if you are fully vaccinated and 4.84 times more likely to get covid than if you are fully or partially vaccinated.

And, based on the article, the unvaccinated are 14 times more likely to end up in the ICU versus the fully vaccinated. Those who are partially vaccinated are 3.5 times more likely to end up in the ICU versus the fully vaccinated.

So yeah, keep drinking the Kool-Aid or stay ignorant, whichever the case may be that allows you to think that the article YOU cited shows the vaccines don’t work. “Like anyone with a brain can see,” the article shows that the vaccines ARE working.
Hahaha nice rationalization

The vaccine DOESN'T STOP ANYTHING. What's so hard for you to grasp???

Vaccine - a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

Immunity - the ability of an organism to resist a particular infection or toxin by the action of specific antibodies or sensitized white blood cells.

Keep living in your tiny percentages lol

If the vaccine isn't stopping COVID....it's NOT a vaccine. Use common fucking sense
Reply With Quote
  #682  
Old 12-05-2021, 10:17 AM
ibuysportsephemera's Avatar
ibuysportsephemera ibuysportsephemera is offline
Jeff G@rf!nkel
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
What's even funnier are people that are told, and can see that numbers are going up DESPITE the vaccine supposedly working, and they STILL live in their delusional "everything I'm being told by the media and government must be 100% correct, and I blindly follow and question nothing despite obvious and glaring contradictions" world.

But yeah, it's the "anti-vaxxers" that are trying to convince themselves lol
Read my previous posts...I am basing my beliefs on Science...has nothing to do with the media or Government. I can clearly tell where you get your facts from (without you even saying it).

Jeff

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 12-05-2021 at 10:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #683  
Old 12-05-2021, 10:22 AM
ibuysportsephemera's Avatar
ibuysportsephemera ibuysportsephemera is offline
Jeff G@rf!nkel
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,478
Default

I'm out...I didn't post here trying to convince anyone to do something that they don't want to do.

I do believe that if you don't want to get the vaccine, you should not be able to go to the hospital to be treated when you get ill. You can't have it both ways.

Jeff

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 12-05-2021 at 10:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #684  
Old 12-05-2021, 10:36 AM
Huysmans Huysmans is offline
Br.ent So.bie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
Read my previous posts...I am basing my beliefs on Science...has nothing to do with the media or Government. I can clearly tell where you get your facts from (without you even saying it).

Jeff
Nice try... You mean the "science" on the left that says individuals born as men can also be women?? Is that the real "science" you're referring to?? lol

I say this with all due respect... try thinking for yourself instead of blindly following the media... You'll be MUCH better off...
Reply With Quote
  #685  
Old 12-05-2021, 10:48 AM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 5,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
Hahaha nice rationalization

The vaccine DOESN'T STOP ANYTHING. What's so hard for you to grasp???

Vaccine - a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

Immunity - the ability of an organism to resist a particular infection or toxin by the action of specific antibodies or sensitized white blood cells.

Keep living in your tiny percentages lol

If the vaccine isn't stopping COVID....it's NOT a vaccine. Use common fucking sense
Yep, so much so, the CDC changed the definition of it (see below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
I'm out...I didn't post here trying to convince anyone to do something that they don't want to do.

I do believe that if you don't want to get the vaccine, you should not be able to go to the hospital to be treated when you get ill. You can't have it both ways.

Jeff
So, by your analogy, anyone who smokes, drinks, eats unhealthy, is obese/overweight, participates in risky sports/hobbies or doesn't exercise should also not be allowed medical coverage.
Unbelievable, and almost as unbelievable as what you referenced earlier. The guy you know who works for Pfizer and the fact he recommended you get vaccinated. I never would have guessed it. I was certain he would have tried to talk you out of it!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cooovvid5.jpg (49.6 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by irv; 12-05-2021 at 02:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #686  
Old 12-05-2021, 11:23 AM
ibuysportsephemera's Avatar
ibuysportsephemera ibuysportsephemera is offline
Jeff G@rf!nkel
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,478
Default

Just one final thing...Irv...why are you trying so hard? Your posts fill up my 27 inch computer screen.

For all of you that won't get the vaccine, good luck..can you please designate someone to come on here when you are in the hospital on a vent so that we can pray for you.

Back to reading the sports collectibles threads.

Jeff G.

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 12-05-2021 at 11:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #687  
Old 12-05-2021, 11:36 AM
Republicaninmass Republicaninmass is offline
T3d $h3rm@n
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
Just one final thing...Irv...why are you trying so hard? Your posts fill up my 27 inch computer screen.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Why is the media trying so hard? If you think others are actin6"in your best interest" your sadly mistaken. Unless it is so you can continue to live in order to pay taxes. Then I see your point
__________________
"Trolling Ebay right now" ©

NEED THE FOLLOWING 1952 topps

G TO VG-EX

(TONS TO TRADE, HIGHS LOWS, VARIATIONS, ERRORS)



345 white
347 adcock
399 fridley
Reply With Quote
  #688  
Old 12-05-2021, 12:16 PM
AustinMike's Avatar
AustinMike AustinMike is offline
Michael
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
Hahaha nice rationalization
No rationalization. Just basic, common math. Something you’re apparently not familiar with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
The vaccine DOESN'T STOP ANYTHING. What's so hard for you to grasp???
What’s so hard for me to grasp??? How anyone could be so willfully ignorant. According to the figures Irv so graciously provided for us, if every person in Ontario contracted covid at the same rate the unvaccinated did, an additional 2,011 people would have contracted covid. That means 2,011 people did not contract covid because of the vaccine. Your statement, “the vaccine DOESN'T STOP ANYTHING” is flat out WRONG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
Vaccine - a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

Immunity - the ability of an organism to resist a particular infection or toxin by the action of specific antibodies or sensitized white blood cells.

Keep living in your tiny percentages lol

If the vaccine isn't stopping COVID....it's NOT a vaccine. Use common fucking sense
See above. The vaccine IS stopping people from getting covid.

Common sense, something else you’re apparently not familiar with.
__________________
M.!.c.h.@.3.L. . H.v.n.T
_____________________________
Don't believe everything you think
Reply With Quote
  #689  
Old 12-05-2021, 01:07 PM
carlsonjok carlsonjok is offline
Jeff Carlson
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
Nice try... You mean the "science" on the left that says individuals born as men can also be women?? Is that the real "science" you're referring to?? lol

I say this with all due respect... try thinking for yourself instead of blindly following the media... You'll be MUCH better off...
I believe he is referring to the sciences of virology and epidemiology, which is completely unrelated to anything having to do with gender or sex. And his position is consistent with the position of the practitioners of those disciplines.
Reply With Quote
  #690  
Old 12-05-2021, 01:21 PM
carlsonjok carlsonjok is offline
Jeff Carlson
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
What’s so hard for me to grasp??? How anyone could be so willfully ignorant. According to the figures Irv so graciously provided for us, if every person in Ontario contracted covid at the same rate the unvaccinated did, an additional 2,011 people would have contracted covid. That means 2,011 people did not contract covid because of the vaccine. Your statement, “the vaccine DOESN'T STOP ANYTHING” is flat out WRONG.
.
I believe the point he is making (albeit badly) is that vaccines aren't, in a sense, a prophylactic. Vaccines work by training the immune system to develop an antibody response to the disease. This response may keep the person from developing the disease altogether, which obviously leads to the difference in infection rates you noted in your previous post.

However, while the immune response may not prevent some from the developing the disease anyways, it does help mitigate the severity (and mortality) of the disease. And there is significant information available from healthcare organizations to back this up. It is this latter case that folks who don't understand the science throw up as some sort of argument that vaccines don't work. They start with a nominally true statement and run with it to whatever their predetermined conclusion is.
Reply With Quote
  #691  
Old 12-05-2021, 01:25 PM
BobbyStrawberry's Avatar
BobbyStrawberry BobbyStrawberry is offline
♏︎ªt✝️ℌǝɯ ♓︎ºµℊℌ
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
You mean the "science" on the left that says individuals born as men can also be women??
Go on...
__________________
_
⚾️ Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog
Reply With Quote
  #692  
Old 12-05-2021, 01:30 PM
G1911 G1911 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,597
Default

I’ll certainly regret this, but I just want to note that appeals to authority are still irrational arguments. Whether it’s one side appealing to Dr. Malone or the other appealing to Dr. Fauci, an argument is not reasonable or unreasonable by the eminence or reputation of one who makes it or supports it, it is reasonable or unreasonable on its foundation, on the logical basis of its supporting facts and evidence, on the merit of itself.

To use a card example, that I am an ‘expert’ on T218 cards does not make my arguments about these cards and their printing any more or less valid than anyone else’s: the validity of our arguments are not because of expertise or claims to such, but is rooted in the merit of our arguments themselves and the evidence.

Furthermore, unlike many fallacious arguments, the appeal to authority does not convince people. There is always another ‘expert’ who can be found to disagree, effectively setting the argument back to square 1. It isn’t compelling, and it’s illogical.

Both sides would be served by recognizing this to some extent.
Reply With Quote
  #693  
Old 12-05-2021, 02:01 PM
Cliff Bowman's Avatar
Cliff Bowman Cliff Bowman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Atlanta
Posts: 1,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I’ll certainly regret this, but I just want to note that appeals to authority are still irrational arguments. Whether it’s one side appealing to Dr. Malone or the other appealing to Dr. Fauci, an argument is not reasonable or unreasonable by the eminence or reputation of one who makes it or supports it, it is reasonable or unreasonable on its foundation, on the logical basis of its supporting facts and evidence, on the merit of itself.
How dare you question His Lordship Doctor Anthony Fauci.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fauci.jpg (59.3 KB, 97 views)
__________________
“interesting to some absolute garbage to others.” —- “Error cards and variations are for morons, IMHO.”
Reply With Quote
  #694  
Old 12-05-2021, 02:02 PM
carlsonjok carlsonjok is offline
Jeff Carlson
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I’ll certainly regret this, but I just want to note that appeals to authority are still irrational arguments. Whether it’s one side appealing to Dr. Malone or the other appealing to Dr. Fauci, an argument is not reasonable or unreasonable by the eminence or reputation of one who makes it or supports it, it is reasonable or unreasonable on its foundation, on the logical basis of its supporting facts and evidence, on the merit of itself.

To use a card example, that I am an ‘expert’ on T218 cards does not make my arguments about these cards and their printing any more or less valid than anyone else’s: the validity of our arguments are not because of expertise or claims to such, but is rooted in the merit of our arguments themselves and the evidence.

Furthermore, unlike many fallacious arguments, the appeal to authority does not convince people. There is always another ‘expert’ who can be found to disagree, effectively setting the argument back to square 1. It isn’t compelling, and it’s illogical.

Both sides would be served by recognizing this to some extent.
I don't think you should regret it at all. There is nothing inherently incorrect in what you have said, though I would change your opening sentence to "appeals to authority *may* be irrational arguments."

The issue here, as I see it is that the overwhelming preponderance of research and opinion of actual experts speaks to the efficacy of mRNA vaccines. And while Malone certainly performed some seminal research that led us to mRNA vaccines, there is a tendency to oversell it. The underlying science preceded his groundbreaking work and it has advanced significantly in the 3 decades since.

That isn't to say that a single person standing against the current understanding of a science is necessarily wrong. They may very well be right. But, the case to overturn a scientific paradigm is made in the lab, not on Tucker Carlson.

Last edited by carlsonjok; 12-05-2021 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Grammar
Reply With Quote
  #695  
Old 12-05-2021, 04:06 PM
AustinMike's Avatar
AustinMike AustinMike is offline
Michael
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonjok View Post
I believe the point he is making (albeit badly) is that vaccines aren't, in a sense, a prophylactic. Vaccines work by training the immune system to develop an antibody response to the disease. This response may keep the person from developing the disease altogether, which obviously leads to the difference in infection rates you noted in your previous post.

However, while the immune response may not prevent some from the developing the disease anyways, it does help mitigate the severity (and mortality) of the disease. And there is significant information available from healthcare organizations to back this up. It is this latter case that folks who don't understand the science throw up as some sort of argument that vaccines don't work. They start with a nominally true statement and run with it to whatever their predetermined conclusion is.
I'm not sure I get your point. In his post, he didn't start with "a nominally true statement." He started with a demonstrably false statement/claim (I agree with you that he does claim that the vaccine isn't 100% effective). I disproved that claim with the data Irv was so generous to provide. And even though I'm not a doctor and I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn Express in a long while, I do know the purpose of vaccines, generally how they work, and the fact that no one in their right mind claims they are 100% effective. So again, I'm not sure what your point is.

Maybe I didn't get your point because I was too busy patting myself on the back for ignoring the idiocy that follows from his post. For instance, do you think he wears seatbelts? After all, seatbelts don't prevent injury or death in 100% of the people who wear them, so why wear them according to his "logic"?
__________________
M.!.c.h.@.3.L. . H.v.n.T
_____________________________
Don't believe everything you think
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
At least 14 Florida Marlins test + covid Snapolit1 Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk 152 08-26-2020 02:23 AM
OK, today this COVID crap finally bummed me out some Exhibitman WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics 9 07-27-2020 10:12 AM
COVID-19 Sales Slowing Down? samosa4u Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 26 06-29-2020 03:41 AM
Autographs and Covid theshleps Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports 3 04-11-2020 01:33 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:29 AM.


ebay GSB