NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 05-10-2012, 03:17 AM
James Wymer

Default Proxibid Adopts Banned COA List Similar to EBAY

Thanks to everyone for your work on this!!!! This is a really big step! I will get a link for this later and post it!!!!!
Always accepting quality consignments

Last edited by Wymers Auction; 05-10-2012 at 03:19 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:37 AM

Well done!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:37 AM
Steve Zarelli

Great news. Kudos to the squeaky wheels who brought this to their attention!
Old 05-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Christopher Williams

I have been in direct contact with Proxibid and I emailed them Ebay's "Banned COA" list two days ago.

After a lot of prodding, Proxibid did remove the catalog of garbage listed by LLP Auctions, Tampa FL. I also emailed them about a few other sellers whose items should be removed.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:42 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Well done Chris!
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 05-10-2012, 06:50 AM
Jim M.arinari

WOW. I think I'll use that technique for the locals.

Be on the lookout for a rebranding COA party. BYOPOS autograph.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Richard Simon

Things are getting done.
And to those who have criticized threads and posts here, you know who you are, well, when you accomplish something let us know, and I don't mean posting on a thread. I mean really doing something.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 05-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Things are getting done.
And to those who have criticized threads and posts here, you know who you are, well, when you accomplish something let us know, and I don't mean posting on a thread. I mean really doing something.
Ditto.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:52 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

Great work...many thanks to those 'squeaky wheels!'
Old 05-10-2012, 10:27 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Richard,

The work that you and Chris do does not go unnoticed. You guys are making a large impact in protecting victims from fraud and forgeries.

Many thanks for what you guys are doing.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

Last edited by jgmp123; 05-10-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Dan Bretta

A big blow to Justin Priddy. the Fakers and Forgers will have to find a new venue.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:09 PM
James Wymer

Now you guys need to march on to auctionzip.com.

Last edited by Wymers Auction; 05-10-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:12 PM
James Wymer

I want to thank everyone again. I sell on there often and occasionally I sell an autograph. The prices of my autographs suffer because a Ty Cobb signature that I claim is worth $1000 on a bad day sells for $760 because $200 fakes are everywhere.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:17 PM
James Wymer

I did not post a link because this is in the member's page which requires a login.
Sports Cards & Sports Memorabilia
PREFERRED GRADING & AUTOGRAPH AUTHENTICATORS
The following companies are considered to be reputable, trusted sports cards and sport memorabilia grading and autograph/signature authentication services. These companies are recognized throughout the hobby and industry as the market leaders. Proxibid approves other authenticators outside of this list, but these are the preferred authenticators for Sports Cards and Sports Memorabilia.
Sports Card Grading Services:
 Beckett Grading Service (BGS) including Beckett Classic Card Grading (BCCG)
 Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA/DNA)
 Sportscard Guarantee Corporation (SGC)
Autograph/Signature Authentication Services:
 Beckett Grading Service (BGS)
 Global Authentics, LLC
 James Spence Authentication
 Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA/DNA)
Leading Providers of Authentic Pre-Certified Sports Memorabilia
 All Authentic Sports Memorabilia
 Mounted Memories
 Onyx Authenticated
 Panini Authentic
 Steiner Sports
 TriStar Productions, Inc.
 Upper Deck Authenticated (UDA)
BANNED AUTHENTICATORS FROM PROXIBID
Autographed items with a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) or Letter of Authenticity (LOA) from the following companies, organizations, and individuals have been banned from being listed and sold on Proxibid:
 Any company, organization, or individual listed on the FBI’s Operation Bullpen website
 Autograph Certification Experts (ACE)
 Christopher L. Morales
 Coach's Corner Sports Auctions LLC
 CSC Collectibles
 Donald Frangipani
 Forensic Document Services
 Greg Marino
 Hollywood Dreams
 J. DiMaggio Co. / J. DiMaggio Company
 Jim Bellino
 Legends Sports Memorabilia
 Nathan's Autographs / N.E. Autographs
 Nicholas Burczyk
 Pro Sports / Pro Sports Memorabilia
 Rare and Signed.com
 Robert Prouty
 R.R.'s Sports Cards & Collectibles
 SCAA / Front Page Art / Angelo Marino
 Slamdunk Sportscards & Memorabilia
 Sports Alley Memorabilia
 Sports Management Group
 Stan's Sports / Stans Sports Memorabilia
 TTA Authentic (formerly STAT Authentic)
 Universal Memorabilia
 XMI Authentications
 USA Authentics
 640 Sports/YMC Sports Memorabilia
Any sellers listing items that have been authenticated by the above organizations will have those lots removed from their auction. If any lots do not specify the authenticator and show a picture of the certificate/letter of authenticity, the lot will be removed from the auction. Additionally, Proxibid reserves the right to pull a lot from an auction if they find that the authenticator is not reputable.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymers Auction View Post
Now you guys need to march on to auctionzip.com.
James, Auctionzip does not run or provide a platform for auctions, They are just a listing service, a new-school classified if you will. It does make it easier to find the auctions selling this stuff.

I just got back from Butterfield Auction in Zephryhills, FL. I spoke with the management and voiced my concerns about the CSC and YMC COA's on items they had consigned. I left them the eBay banned list, along with a suggestion they check out net54. They acknowledged the issue and said they will explicitly disavow the COA's, and inform bidders that the authenticity of the items are in question and to bid (or not bid) accordingly. I don't believe they could pull the items as there is no proof that the consignor knows they are forgeries.

I also asked them to give consideration to refusing future consignments of this nature. To their credit, they were very open to the info, as most legitimate businesses are. That they even gave me the time of day, speaks to their integrity.

http://www.butterfieldsauctions.com/...gi?butterfield
Old 05-10-2012, 03:36 PM
James Wymer

Jim I understand auctionzip.com they have a service called auctionzip live that is similar to proxibid.com. That is what I was referring to. If you can get the bidding platform to stop allowing these items then you do not have to go after every single auction house. I believe that maybe you have not looked at AZ in awhile they surely have a platform and it is about as big as proxibid.com.

Last edited by Wymers Auction; 05-10-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Jim M.arinari

Sorry, looking at my comment, it sounds a little condescending. I meant it to be informative.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Auctionzip Live sort of like a phone bid? By my thinking, Proxibid is like eBay and should have a responsibilty of content. Auctionzip Live is like the telephone company. Just a conduit. Don't get me wrong, it would be great if they stepped up on this. I just don't think they will see the issue as being in their purview.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:18 PM
James Wymer

Jim auctionzip live is live online realtime bidding. You can see and hear the auction in some cases. I know because I have sold on there. It operates just like proxibid.com no real major differences.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Christopher Williams

Nice work gentlemen. Very nice work.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
James, Auctionzip does not run or provide a platform for auctions, They are just a listing service, a new-school classified if you will. It does make it easier to find the auctions selling this stuff.

I just got back from Butterfield Auction in Zephryhills, FL. I spoke with the management and voiced my concerns about the CSC and YMC COA's on items they had consigned. I left them the eBay banned list, along with a suggestion they check out net54. They acknowledged the issue and said they will explicitly disavow the COA's, and inform bidders that the authenticity of the items are in question and to bid (or not bid) accordingly. I don't believe they could pull the items as there is no proof that the consignor knows they are forgeries.

I also asked them to give consideration to refusing future consignments of this nature. To their credit, they were very open to the info, as most legitimate businesses are. That they even gave me the time of day, speaks to their integrity.

http://www.butterfieldsauctions.com/...gi?butterfield
One thing I would bet on, those buyers are aware of what they are buying, because they are buying it for resale. This stuff is like a bad cold, it just keeps spreading, from one thief to another.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 05-10-2012, 11:26 PM
James Wymer

Deertick I understand your feelings toward this auction house. The problem is that many of them will seem really genuine and wanting to do the right thing, but they sell the items anyways. As an auctioneer it does not matter whatsoever if the consignor knows they are fake or not. I research them, I find them to be fake or I authenticate them 3rd party and they fail it is my butt if I sell them. My reputation is worth much more than some garbage fakes. I tried to reason with this LLP auctioneer that he could play around and lose his license for this, but he chose not to respond to me.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:14 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
One thing I would bet on, those buyers are aware of what they are buying, because they are buying it for resale. This stuff is like a bad cold, it just keeps spreading, from one thief to another.
I agree with Richard on the fact that these buyers know exactly what they are purchasing. They are buying cheap to resell for 5X to 10X their purchase price.

I also gave Proxibid too much credit in the beginning when they removed the catalog of LLP Auctions. Proxibid allowed LLP Auctions to re-list that garbage an they have yet to remove any of the other listings that I suggested they remove.

The only company that was cooperative was Aaron Joseph & Company, who voluntarily removed all of their "CSC Collectibles" auctions and returned them to the consignor (CSC Collectibles).

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 05-11-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Jim M.arinari

Just submitted a complaint to the IC3.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:43 AM
James Wymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
I agree with Richard on the fact that these buyers know exactly what they are purchasing. They are buying cheap to resell for 5X to 10X their purchase price.

I also gave Proxibid too much credit in the beginning when they removed the catalog of LLP Auctions. Proxibid allowed LLP Auctions to re-list that garbage an they have yet to remove any of the other listings that I suggested they remove.

The only company that was cooperative was Aaron Joseph & Company, who voluntarily removed all of their "CSC Collectibles" auctions and returned them to the consignor (CSC Collectibles).
I just got done talking to proxibid.com and they were very helpful. They really have not had time to put the banned list in action yet. This info that I gave is not even out there to the public yet, just to the sellers. That being said I was told they will look into this today and they will likely pull this sale. The operator told me that even she was not happy with these listings. I told her that it does not take a trained eye to tell these are fakes. I spoke to the Proxibid Risk Management team. I really believe that they do not want these items on their site. I also explained that I have tried to reason with this company through emails and phone calls and I have been ignored. I also informed her that the next step that I take is to go to the Florida Auctioneer Licensing Board to try and have his license taken away.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:52 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Amazing work James. Thanks for continuing to keep us updated.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymers Auction View Post
I just got done talking to proxibid.com and they were very helpful. They really have not had time to put the banned list in action yet. This info that I gave is not even out there to the public yet, just to the sellers. That being said I was told they will look into this today and they will likely pull this sale. The operator told me that even she was not happy with these listings. I told her that it does not take a trained eye to tell these are fakes. I spoke to the Proxibid Risk Management team. I really believe that they do not want these items on their site. I also explained that I have tried to reason with this company through emails and phone calls and I have been ignored. I also informed her that the next step that I take is to go to the Florida Auctioneer Licensing Board to try and have his license taken away.
James, your efforts are appreciated.

Unfortunately, I view Proxibid a bit differently than you do, but let's wait and see what actions they take or don't take.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:03 AM
James Wymer

Chris I think that the Florida Auctioneer Licensing probably sees fraud as a problem for their licensees. I have my own auction this weekend so it will be next week before I get to talk with them about this.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Richard Simon

The Florida State Business Board (or whatever the name is) should see about fraud in their state. It seems that all the stink in this hobby is emanating from the state of beaches and orange juice.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-11-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Richard Simon

Apparently, once again, you cannot bid on LLP Auctions.
Here again is what the listings state:

PASSED
This lot was not sold.

There is no place bid button on the auction pages.
--
Old 05-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Apparently, once again, you cannot bid on LLP Auctions.
Here again is what the listings state:

PASSED
This lot was not sold.

There is no place bid button on the auction pages.
You may be on the old link or a cached copy? I just checked and still going strong.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=52773

I also just finished filling out the DBPR 0070 - Uniform Complaint Form for the State of Florida Dept of Business and Professional Regulation. The only submission is to MAIL it!!!

Last edited by Deertick; 05-11-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:03 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Just got this message after I bid on one of their crappy auctions to test if they were live or not..
Your bid was retracted on the following lot:

------------------------------------------------------------
LLP Auctions
AUTOGRAPHED SPORTS MEMORABILIA AUCTION!* 5/10/2012

Old 05-12-2012, 08:44 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Next up on Proxi-Watch....DK Listings...huge memorabilia auction coming first of June. Check out some of the items in the auction like this ball...

Don't care where it says the COA is from, look how bad this Jordan is:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...801&rfpb=0#Top

Old 05-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Proxibid.com DK Listing Bid daddy Auctions CSC Collectibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
Next up on Proxi-Watch....DK Listings...huge memorabilia auction coming first of June. Check out some of the items in the auction like this ball...

Don't care where it says the COA is from, look how bad this Jordan is:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...801&rfpb=0#Top
http://live.autographmagazine.com/pr...key-mantle-joe

http://live.autographmagazine.com/pr...rque-nm-mickey

http://live.autographmagazine.com/pr...atan-va-mickey
Old 05-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

I sent an email to Cal's Store. Any bets on if he replies?

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
Old 05-12-2012, 09:54 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Christopher,
Thanks for the article link....great stuff as always.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I sent an email to Cal's Store. Any bets on if he replies?

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
I might even bet my Greenberg letter that your e mail is already deleted.
--
Old 05-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Jim M.arinari

With terms like these, Why would anyone bid anyway?

Quote:
PLEASE READ: At the request of the auction company, this auction permits bids to be placed by the auctioneer, an employee of the auctioneer, or the seller or an agent on the seller's behalf, even if such bids are placed solely for the purpose of increasing the bid. While Proxibid's Unified User Agreement prohibits this behavior, in accordance with UCC 2-328, this auction is permitted to engage in this activity by providing this clear disclosure to you, the bidder.

PLEASE READ: This auction company has requested and been granted access to see all bids placed including any maximum pre-bids. This auction is permitted to engage in this activity by providing this clear disclosure to you, the bidder.
In other words, we know how much you will spend, and we will make sure we get it.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:48 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Wow, talk about having a big brass pair. I started to question why Proxibid would allow such a thing even with full disclosure, but I guess it is the next-best-thing to hanging a big "don't trust these guys" sign on their auction without actually banning them altogether.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
Christopher,
Thanks for the article link....great stuff as always.
Thank you, James. We do what we can. As far as I am concerned, they (Proxibid) deserve all of the free advertising we can give them.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
With terms like these, Why would anyone bid anyway?

In other words, we know how much you will spend, and we will make sure we get it.
OMG. That's unbelievable. How sleazy.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:47 PM
James Wymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
OMG. That's unbelievable. How sleazy.
Unfortunately I can tell you as an auctioneer that most bidders do not read the terms and conditions. In online auctions many of them do not even read the descriptions.