NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Default Question on E97 Steinfeldt

Posted By: Dave F

I just got done making myself look like an idiot and registering my so far one single E97 card on the PSA set registry. It is the Steinfeldt correct spelling variation. I thought the incorrect spelling was the harder to come by card that was worth a bit more? But it shows the correct spelling version as the one with the higher composition ranking?

Old 09-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim Newcomb

Like Dave I had always thought the correct Steinfeldt variation was much tougher. The latest SCD book I have says it is. There have been a few correct ones changing hands recently, but that doesn't contradict the conventional wisdom by itself. Is the registry value just a mistake on the company's part, or is there new info about these cards?

Tim

Old 09-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I sold one a while back, with the incorrect spelling, and it was considered the easier of the two....

Old 09-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Based on my chasing the correct spelling Steinfeld card the past couple of years, I would say that it is the tougher of the two, even though the prevailing wisdom has always been that the incorrect spelling card was tougher. This reminds me of the similar prevailing wisdom of over 25 years that the T205 Hoblitzell variation with the "Cin" was tougher than the "non-Cin" Hoblitzell. Many collectors (and apparently a lot of sellers) still believe this, but the "non-Cin" is much, much harder to find.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Bob...are you meaning the correct spelling is just tough to find in a mid-grade or something or are you talking about any grade? picked mine up because i got a deal on it last week, but also saw another sgc 10 last week on ebay that was listed wrong...weird to think there would be two in the same week if they are tougher..but who knows?

Old 09-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Shannon

Steinfeldt with "T" is the tougher of the two

Old 09-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

the highest graded correct spelling one to Pete C who sold it to Wayne
the turned around and sold an incorrect spelling B&W I purchased from terry knouse in 1999 to a big collector back east! Looks like there are a probable equal amount of each.

BcD

Old 09-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

in my experience both steinfeld(t)s are found with equal frequency or the difference very minimal. i'd say the nichols are harder to find than the steinfeldts.

i love the set and find all the little printing variations very interesting, an underrated set for sure.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

I agree 100% Quan, the 2 Nichols cards are tougher than the 2 Steinfeld(t)s and the tougher Nichols variation is a real killer.
You guys could be right on the Steinfeld/Steinfeldt but I have had an incorrect spelling card in my collection for quite some time and have been having trouble finding a correct spelling one. Maybe I am just unlucky.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

It never hurts to look closely at your cards. My "E97 Steinfeldt" incorrect spelling actually contains a "Steinfeld" in the slab. Unbelievable, so now I am after the incorrect variation. Pardon my blush and pardon SGC for screwing it up...