NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Default PSA Customer Service Stinks

Posted By: Buythatcard

I recently sent 15 cards to PSA via Priority Mail. Seven days after the cards arrived they sent me an email stating that it was entered into the system to be graded. Three weeks later they sent me back my cards. One of the cards was a 1959 Topps Willie Mays which came back labeled as Dick Donovan. I was furious that they would make such astupid mistake. I wrote them 2 emails which went unanswered so I finally called them. They told me to send the card back and gave no apology for their mistake. I sent the card back along with a letter stating that I wanted an explanation for what happened. PSA received the card 17 days ago and they still have not fixed their mistake. They never responded to the letter. I wrote another email which also has gone unaswered. I called customer service again demanding to speak to a supervisor. Of course there was none available and they told me someone would call me back. Never happened.

I really have to question their expertise in authenticating cards if they can't even get the label correct. PSA better realize that they are not the only show in town anymore.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with PSA?

Old 09-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rick McQuillan

I have only submitted cards to PSA three times and I had problems every time.

Rick

Old 09-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: rand

they just do not care. period. until dealers stop sending in 1000 card submissions the little people are of no interest. i would not send any emails, i would call them 3 times a day until you're satisfied

Old 09-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kyle

I agree some of their customer service people are difficult, but if you find a good one, they can take care of everything for you.

I've had mistakes made, and mistakes fixed. But everyone is human, it happens. It's not life or death. Look at automotive companies who recall vehicles, or tires.

When were you contacting PSA? Were they at the national? Email me and I can recommend someone to email.

-Kyle

Old 09-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Damian Anderson

Jessica ext. 127. Doesn't know alot about cards, but is courteous and helpful. I think if you explain the situation she will help. Just my experience.

Damian

Old 09-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Cosetta has always been wonderful to deal with at PSA.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

my favorite, along with other psa veterans (cu board members) is ernesto!

Old 09-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Forgive me as I am getting old, and don't remember your name, therefore please put your name by your post if you are going to bash anyone or any company....Put your name out there and all is well....nothing personal. It's just the rules for everyone's protection...best regards

Old 09-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay

Jeff--I agree, Cosetta is the absolute best person to deal with in the hobby.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: B D

however, one time I called down for them to deal with the simple fact they can't identify cards ( N-22's created both with and without borders ) of which they sent the whole border less batch back as " trimmed". Anyway,it was classic as when I called the customer service kid said" every time you call it's a problem!" Well, is there any other reason to call them upon receiving your submittal back! Hey Jeff check out this months SMR article on 75 topps minis of which they interviewed me on a mint set I just dismantled.

BcD

Old 09-02-2007, 03:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

From my own experiences I find that you should get your cards graded at the shows. They grade them there that day or within a few days but, atleast you have a real person to talk to rather than a facless person over the phone.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

"Everytime you call it's a problem." -- PSA customer service rep

That is a classic.

Brian, you should call a few times just to tell them how nice the weather is or that the Yankees really put the whupping to the Sox this week. Then when you call them to tell them that your Heinie Zimmerman has been mislabeled as a Honus Wagner they won't get so pissed with you.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Aaron

I have had good experiences with Priscilla G. She has worked through a few problems and has always been very prompt.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Andrew

I use both SGC and PSA, but customer service provided by the former is lengths ahead of the latter. With SGC, I get elaboration, detail and follow-up when it comes to my submission. With PSA I get platitudes, regurgitation and website verbiage. Basically a rep who doesn't know much about anything reading an FAQ, but they are usually very courteous.

"Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame." -- Erica Jong

Old 09-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Peck

with PSA has been the entering of my orders into their system after the USPS delivery. A 50 card lot sent by registered mail had a USPS delivery time of 8:12 am, June 30th, 2007. On July 13th I emailed PSA to inquire about why my order wasn't in the system. Within a few hours my order was entered and later in the day I received an answer to my email saying my order had just arrived (?) and was entered in the system. Their "Guaranteed Turnaround Time" has little meaning to me when they let orders sit on the shelf for two weeks before the clock starts.

Clarence Dean

Old 09-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark L

I'd like to echo my disappointment with their guaranteed turn around time. They always seem to give themselves an extra week between reception of the package and the start of their clock.

Mark Lutz

Old 09-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve f

I agree with the login delays -always lagged. However, the many times I needed help, the kids in CS have always been helpful.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Glen Turner

Here's some of my favorite experiences with these 3 grading companies.
SGC: In one of my orders with SGC I sent in a 1953 Hunter Wiener Stan Musial & when I got it back they had spelled Wiener wrong Weiner. In the same order I sent in two Bazooka panels and they managed to put them in eachother's holder.

GAI: I just got this order back this week. My E94 George Close card of Hughie Jennings came back labeled E94 Baltimore News Ty Cobb. Three T213 Type 3 cards came back with a 1914 date on them. An E92 Crofts Candy back came back labeled Crofts Cocoa.
Oh well, as usual their sandard answer was oh really just send them back and we will correct them.

PSA: They seem to have a problem labeling Rodeo wiener cards. They can't tell a 1955 from a 1956 even when it is written plain as day on the order.
My biggest complaint with PSA is with their autograph autenticating. I have always said they are laughing all the way to the bank. I sent in 3 signed Roberto Clemente cards that in 1965 in Houston at the Continental Hotel I watched Clemente sign all three cards. When I sent them in for authentication they authenticated one out of the three cards.
I wrote to Paul Waner when I was a kid. A signed 1960 Fleer and a 1961 Fleer came back signed in the same envelope with the same ink pen. I sent them both in to PSA and one came back authentication questionable and the other was authenticated.
I know you are saying why do I bother even sending in signed cards for authentication.
The reason is those MAGIC PSA holders increase the value of the cards considerably of rare signed cards.
I have never sold any autographed card that I have had authenticated but the reason I get them authenticated is so my family can get maximum value for the cards when I die because my collection is for me and unless I am starving or going to become homeless I do not plan on selling my collection.

The magic holders seem to increase the value of all rare and star cards.

That's all.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Glen Turner

P.S. I do like the new GAI holders though.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: B D

"An E92 Crofts Candy back came back labeled Crofts Cocoa."

BcD

Old 09-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ricky Y

I don't want to jinx myself..but I haven't had any problems with PSA at all..and my submissions are peanuts compared to many..its always been logged and sent out on a timely basis (give or take a day at the most). I even screwed up an order and they emailed me right away and gave me instruction on how to fix it.

I've had two small submissions to SGC that came back with the cards mislabled...they too are have been very good with me to work things out..when it happened, but I've had better luck with PSA so far in terms of start to finish.

Ricky

Old 09-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kyle

One reason I've read that many people get delayed orders is due to incorrectly labeling the outside of the box, as per PSA's submission rules. I put at least 6-8 stickers designating what service level the cards are inside and haven't had any problems.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ricky Y

Kyle has a point..PSA is very strict about how it should be submitted. That's where I messed up. SGC is much more user friendly in terms of the submission requirements.

Ricky

Old 09-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Neal Kane

whattyagonnado ...

Old 09-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

Even if one comports with PSA's strict guidelines, there are delays, however, these are never PSA's responsibility, since the "10 days" on their "10-day service" (for example) does not begin running until the order is "logged." So typically, their "10-day service" is more like 20-day service.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tony Conte

Neal,

Stick with SGC!!!!!!

heehee.....

T