NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 07-17-2017, 11:10 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default Game of Thrones: Season SEVEN Opener IMO:

What the hell was with that first scene? Worst GOT scene concept ever!

After a satisfying season 6 finale scene killing off Walter Frey, the writhers seemed to have panicked as if suddenly remembering they had to get rid of all of Frey's warriors - and handled it very, very poorly.

...and to dangle that scene before the opening credits just put more of a spotlight on how sub-standard it was.

The rest of the episode was only average...as it was an expected 'setting the stage for bigger events' type chapter.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 07-19-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:37 PM
$cott Cl1nt0n

Sorry, I disagree. I thought the opening scene was great and they did set up a lot of the season. Jon vs.Sansa, Danny preparing her attack, the Lannister's looking for an ally, the North uniting against the White Walkers. Each season, except the first, starts pretty slow and builds to the penultimate episode and then the last wraps it up and sets up the next season.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:40 PM

My issue with the first episode was that the Sam at the library scenes were way too long and ultimately there was no payoff, because as Sam admits, Stannis had already told him about the dragon glass being mined at Dragonstone.

I also hated the Ed Sheeran cameo, though everyone seems too. And Euron seemed like such a weak character. Terribly written.

Things I loved: The Hound being pretty funny; Arya killing the Freys; Jamie trying to talk some sense into Cersei; Bran arriving at the Wall; Lady Mormont being tougher than anyone on the show.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:57 PM
qu@n nguy3n

ed sheeran suck balls...can't wait for the noah syndergaard's cameo tho. maybe he'll play rhaegar and hbo will build a targaryen spinoff for him and he'll retire from baseball to concentrate on acting!
Old 07-18-2017, 09:07 PM
je.sse @rnot

I don't get the outrage. I thought the opening scene was great. Arya is a bad ass. Not quite at lady mormonts level when she's making a speech, but gets it done with her actions. Plus she makes all of that time training with the many faced God pay off. I thought the whole episode was well done.

I don't really even know who Ed Sheeran is, other than reading he won a grammy. I didn't realize he was in the episode until hearing about it later.

Edit: that was the season 7 opener by the way.

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 07-18-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:27 AM
pete ullman

its the 7th season, btw. While I wasn't thrilled with this episode...I tend to agree with most of the sentiment here...the ed sheeran scene was gratuitous beyone imagine...and didnt "believe" the euron character...he's weak! Ultimately is was a stage setting episode and #2 should be a doozy!

Last edited by ullmandds; 07-19-2017 at 05:31 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:09 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I don't get the outrage. I thought the opening scene was great. Arya is a bad ass. Not quite at lady mormonts level when she's making a speech, but gets it done with her actions. Plus she makes all of that time training with the many faced God pay off. I thought the whole episode was well done.

I don't really even know who Ed Sheeran is, other than reading he won a grammy. I didn't realize he was in the episode until hearing about it later.

Edit: that was the season 7 opener by the way.

OOOPS! Corrected. Thanks.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente