NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-27-2018, 10:43 AM
Jonathan Sterling

Shoeless Again you are incorrect I do not own any undated Yankee Tickets right now. I have never sent an undated Yankee ticket to PSA. I have no horse in this race. You are simply wrong.
As for your most recent "evidence" that the guide is botched in 1948 Topping took over and that first year Tickets started again with A. Makes perfect sense to me. Can you please post what you think 1948 yankee grandstand tickets look like.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:36 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Jonathan, for someone who doesn't have a horse in the race you seem to have a very strong opinion I am incorrect.

Are you friends with David or Gironi or someone else who's not speaking up, just curious? Seems very odd you are so sure I'm wrong yet don't collect Yankees undated tickets. Obviously someones pulling your strings or I insulted one of your buddies.

And again I'm done on this matter so this may be my last reply on it. Otherwise we all could go back and forth forever on it.

And I still never got a reply on the Hologram one that was recently at Goldin, you care to comment?

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 03-27-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:36 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Shoeless Again you are incorrect I although I respect and appreciate the work that went into the guide they provided. I have no relationship with them other than a couple pleasant interactions here on the board. Before you posted it I didn't even know their first names. My only reason for posting to this thread is that as a Memorabilia collector I have found the ingormation on the Keyman site both helpful and correct.
I have accumulated s number of scrapbooks and scorecards over the years. And many contained undated stubs some I could date and those I could matched up to the guide (Years 1933 thru 1941) I said that currently I do not have any undated stubs but I have owned many over the years.
As for you saying this is your last post for the second time ... time will tell.
Your last point was addressed in at least two posts that I read but allow me to paraphrase. Every body knows that PSA from time to time has incorrect information on their flips. But to their credit they own up to it and fix it when it is bought to their attention. If the person who purchased the stub goes to the Keyman site they will find the stub was misidentified. Thanks to the work of others that the generously share with anyone.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:40 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default RE Yankees Ticket Dating Guide BOTCHED HIDDEN AGENDA revealed “INTERESTING”

RE Yankees Ticket Dating Guide BOTCHED HIDDEN AGENDA revealed “INTERESTING”
RE Yankees Ticket Dating Guide BOTCHED HIDDEN AGENDA revealed “INTERESTING”
HI Folks and true Yankee ticket collectors
I now discovered why “shoeless moe” has been bashing Keyman Yankee ticket Guide site
Its obvious he has bought a number of bogus dated tickets in the past he is now stuck with them,
So by bashing Keyman for the last week or so its now clear its all been a set up , and now he is putting up bogus dated tickets on ebay ,which shows his true agenda .
Try to discredit a nationally excepted website for indentifying undated Yankess tickets
So he can justify dumping off his own painfully obvious wrong dated tickets
I am sure there are more to come , all will be written on for sure !!! with more bogus dates
he has on On ebay right now
a wrongly dated ticket that is written on, so much information its totally over kill who writes that much stuff on a back of ticket?? , he is trying to dump it off on some one and he adds, that he is right, and all the other tickets dates on Keyman he does state SOME RIGHT, SOME WRONG ,
so he his hedging his bets , pretty lame
see complete listing
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18315312184...p2471758.m4704
notice “”seller does not accept returns” WONDERFUL SHOW OF INTEGRITY ,so much for standing behind his product , he knows if sent in for slabbing its being rejected by both PSA and SGC as the date he claims
funny he has another undated Yankees ticket that he makes no mention of keyman website
which actually is a legit 1955 ticket another tell tell sign of his true agenda
well here it is, if you’re so sure your right provide us with your version of the Yankees Undated ticket dating guide years through 1928-1968 , in others words “PROVE IT FOR THE REST OF US TO SEE”
show us your GUIDE !!!!! don’t be shy reveal your facts to undated Yankees tickets
Old 03-30-2018, 01:14 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

everybody knows ANYTHING can be returned on Ebay, the "no returns" just discourages idiots (MegaSlimey falls in this category) who just changed their mind because they realize their an idiot.

No agenda. Guide is botched. I have proven that.

I have one ticket with CORRECT writing on it. Just listed it because I sell tickets, amongst other things, and I wanted to get the word out that the Guide has flaws, nothing shady at all, I call it like I see it.

I don't work for PSA, have them graded incorrectly, and sell them that would be someone else we know. Who could that be? I'm just not sure.

If I happen to sell another Ticket with writing on it from the botched guide I will give the person who catches it $1000 dollars. Megaslimeballs brainstorm is just that, the ramblings of an idiot. I do not have any other ones. Wish I did actually, then I'd list as even more proof its wrong.

Ticket was just listed to get the word out to not go by the guide 100%.

People need to know. Your welcome.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 03-30-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:19 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default stick and stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
everybody knows ANYTHING can be returned on Ebay, the "no returns" just discourages idiots (MegaSlimey falls in this category) who just changed their mind because they realize their an idiot.

No agenda. Guide is botched. I have proven that.

I have one ticket with CORRECT writing on it. Just listed it because I sell tickets, amongst other things, I don't work for PSA, have them graded incorrectly, and sell them that would be someone else we know. Who could that be? I'm just not sure.

If I happen to sell another Ticket with writing on it from the botched guide I will give the person who catches it $1000 dollars. Megaslimeballs brainstorm is just that, the ramblings of an idiot. I do not have any other ones. Wish I did actually, then I'd list as even more proof its wrong.

Ticket was just listed to get the word out to not go by the guide 100%.

People need to know. Your welcome.
show us your GUIDE !!!!! don’t be shy reveal your facts to undated Yankees tickets 1928-1968

show us your GUIDE !!!!! don’t be shy reveal your facts to undated Yankees tickets 1928-1968

Old 03-30-2018, 01:20 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default Post a million things about this subject my response will be the same

Old 03-31-2018, 03:21 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
There are other examples of PSA botching Tickets due to this guide. I can list if anyone would like to see. Thus many Yankees ticket graded by PSA are just completely wrong. You may have one in your possession.
Rather than just listing examples that you feel are wrong, could you also post the information that leads you to that conclusion? If you don't want to "write a guide," you can certainly limit the analysis to the examples you have pointed out. I just think that the casual collector would benefit more from hearing the "here's why" than from deciding which feuding individual to have more faith in. As fun as these feuds are to watch, I enjoy learning about an unexplored (for me) corner of the hobby much more.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:43 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default has no guide because he no clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
Rather than just listing examples that you feel are wrong, could you also post the information that leads you to that conclusion? If you don't want to "write a guide," you can certainly limit the analysis to the examples you have pointed out. I just think that the casual collector would benefit more from hearing the "here's why" than from deciding which feuding individual to have more faith in. As fun as these feuds are to watch, I enjoy learning about an unexplored (for me) corner of the hobby much more.
has no guide because he is just cannot provide and will constantly avoid the subject
I have asked the same questions dozens of times, nothing yet
but he refuses to look under his bed for the answers , less he disturbs his stinky bed pan , resting next to his false teeth, "toothless sMOE" as he his called at the old folks home Joe sMOE has no answers
yes the Keyman Guide has had some corrections in the past ,but it is accurate now , it helps significantly helps the collector more than it hurts , Recognized By PSA SGC SMR and soon to be the Hall Of Fame
Joe sMoe is recognized by his team mates at weekly old peoples shuffle board Tourney

Joe sMoe provides nothing with out showing his dating guide 1928-1968
he even hedges bet by saying keyman has some write some wrong way to go out on a limb, try to help the novice collector , as to why the Yankees added unique identifier each year , the letters are not random , plus there are many other unique details , that help clarify the year

Last edited by megalimey; 03-31-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:02 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default ANY one has a wrongly slabbed PSA Yankee ticket I will pay to get it fixed

i am going on the record in writing for all members to see
ANY one has a wrongly slabbed PSA Yankee ticket I will pay to get it fixed including those pre Keyman no holograms
and this is what I will do on the one with Hologram
PSA has the wrong date on label it was the Goldin 2016 auction ticket if you know who owns it have them contact me all I will need is current photo Proof they own it now , and a copy of the Goldin 2016 Auction invoice proof of payment . On this one I will go one step further I will 100% reimburse you what you paid which I will remit to the owner when sent to me for correction .
this transaction will be done openly for all to see full transparency

we created the Yankee Ticket guide so that the novice and avid collector had some reference point
and it is the most accurate GUIDE to Yankees tickets out there
still waiting for Joe sMOE's to get published , but don't hold your breath
I hate to see that many people die doing it
Old 03-31-2018, 04:04 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalimey View Post
has no guide because he is just cannot provide and will constantly avoid the subject
I have asked the same questions dozens of times, nothing yet
but he refuses to look under his bed for the answers , less he disturbs his stinky bed pan , resting next to his false teeth, "toothless sMOE" as he his called at the old folks home Joe sMOE has no answers
yes the Keyman Guide has had some corrections in the past ,but it is accurate now , it helps significantly more than it hurts , Recognized By PSA SGC SMR and soon to be the Hall Of Fame
Joe sMoe is recognized by his team mates at weekly old peoples shuffle board Tourney

Joe sMoe provides nothing with out showing his dating guide 1928-1968
he even hedges bet by saying keyman has some write some wrong way to go out on a limb, try to help the novice collector , as to why the Yankees added unique identifier each year , the letters are not random , plus there are many other unique details , that help clarify the year
David, you have stated all of this previously. My request was directed to Paul, and was not a commentary on the Keyman guide or what may or may not be right or wrong in it. He may choose to respond or ignore of his own accord, but please do not quote me in yet another tirade of name-calling.

I am not particularly interested in which individuals or organizations back which side of this feud, and am certainly not interested in the name-calling and motive speculation. Frankly, I think you have both been asses in your responses to each other, regardless of who provoked what response. Without knowing anything about ticket dating myself, I suspect both sides may have some errors in their assumptions, but it seems neither can get out of their own way enough to root out the mistakes.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:19 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default my apologies ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
David, you have stated all of this previously. My request was directed to Paul, and was not a commentary on the Keyman guide or what may or may not be right or wrong in it. He may choose to respond or ignore of his own accord, but please do not quote me in yet another tirade of name-calling.

I am not particularly interested in which individuals or organizations back which side of this feud, and am certainly not interested in the name-calling and motive speculation. Frankly, I think you have both been asses in your responses to each other, regardless of who provoked what response. Without knowing anything about ticket dating myself, I suspect both sides may have some errors in their assumptions, but it seems neither can get out of their own way enough to root out the mistakes.
my apologies

your question was well versed , I should not have used it as Avenue for rebuke for other patry

Last edited by megalimey; 03-31-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:22 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
my apologies

your question was well versed , I should not have used it as Avenue for rebuke for other patry
What the hell is a patry?
Old 03-31-2018, 05:29 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default it should have paltry

Quote:
What the hell is a patry?
me bad it should have been other " paltry"
Old 03-31-2018, 05:35 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

no that ain't it....maybe poultry?
Old 03-31-2018, 05:48 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default your 100% right

Quote:
no that ain't it....maybe poultry?
your 100% right it is poultry , like to "chicken" to show your guide of what Yankees Years should be, you walked right into that .
Old 03-31-2018, 06:16 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Speaking of chickens, "my guide" has 2 variations of the 1923 ticket, surely an "expert" such as yourself can stand up and tell the class what those 2 variations were.

Go.....
Old 03-31-2018, 06:24 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default my guide is posted for all to see , yours is under your bed

Quote:
Speaking of chickens, "my guide" has 2 variations of the 1923 ticket, surely an "expert" such as yourself can stand up and tell the class what those 2 variations were.

Go.....
my guide is posted for all to see , yours is under your bed
post it ........................................prove it
we have all our known tickets years on line for the world to see

cannot believe all this started over the fact you could not bid on my Munson Last Game ticket ,
boy do you bear a grudge
Old 03-31-2018, 06:29 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

don't even know what you are babbling about now, lets stick to the subject, or didn't you do your homework (once again). Please tell what the 2 variations were with the 1923 Yankees Tickets. Simple question, give a simple answer.

After all you have a guide that EVERYONE uses, did you leave something out? uh oh, mistake.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:38 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default what we have is what we have

Quote:
don't even know what you are babbling about now, lets stick to the subject, or didn't you do your homework (once again). Please tell what the 2 variations were with the 1923 Yankees Tickets. Simple question, give a simple answer.

After all you have a guide that EVERYONE uses, did you leave something out? uh oh, mistake.
what we have is what we have
you obviously have the missing link your my hero or should I say zero
Old 03-31-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
...can you remember it being standing room only especially being a single admission double header and being bunched in like sardines
I was there on an SRO ticket.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:47 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default Mickey mantle Day cool , did you ever keep the ticket ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
I was there on an SRO ticket.

cool , did you ever keep the ticket ?? would love an image front and back
Old 03-31-2018, 09:13 PM

Sorry. I lost that stub long ago.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:25 PM
Al

Quote:
cool , did you ever keep the ticket ?? would love an image front and back
David,
In post 49 I posted 2 tickets SRO that I believe were from that game. I was there also Like David and I believe I picked these up also that day. Check them out and tell me what you think.... Hey David A. maybe one of these was yours!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 04-03-2018, 08:32 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

https://www.cleansweepauctions.com/item-602460/
Old 04-03-2018, 09:42 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default finally 10000000000000% proof you cannot believe what is written

Quote:
as you can clearly see the CLEAN SWEEPS AUCTION TICKET Game 1 has a letter G it has no yankees logo impossible for a 1947 ticket all tickets 1946 and beyond have logos with out exception until the 1980's

see pictures enclosed of a Same Game I letter G actually 1939
however notice the signature it has Barrow it also has No Yankee top hat logo
see Barrow Letter H game ! see tickets with logo
if G is 1947 what the heck would H be what did they reinstate Barrow
barrow ceased to be Team President In 1945
The estate sold the team to a group of Larry MacPhail, Dan Topping, and Del Webb in 1945,
McPhail took over in 1946
see link to the Logo History
https://www.toddradom.com/blog/the-y...-logos-of-1946
when He introduced the Yankees Iconic logo Top hat on ALL YANKEES BASEBALL TICKETS FROM THAT POINT ON there was a slight change in 1947 from which point the bat did protrude thru ball
no tickets 1946 and on were produced with out that logo NONE ZERO nada it would be the 1980's when that changed
check every dated ticket and undated 1946 through 1980's all have The Yankees top hat logo with out exception also 1947 admission Price was $1.25 stadium was no longer used it was Grandstand
unless the yankees decided to revisit years gone by and make their 1947 opening day ticket not have a logo and just for shits and giggles put a Letter G under the game # totally out of sequence from the previous years wow and while were there lets lower the Prices from $1.25 to $1.10 imagine that
thats bush league thinking
thanks Joe sMoe great find on this clean sweep auction
the proof is in the pudding keep on believing those hand written dates

I guess in tennis they would call this Game SET and Match
mike drop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a.jpg (74.1 KB, 359 views)
File Type: jpg b.jpg (74.9 KB, 360 views)
File Type: jpg c.jpg (77.3 KB, 361 views)
File Type: jpg d.jpg (77.7 KB, 353 views)
File Type: jpg f.jpg (19.5 KB, 355 views)

Last edited by megalimey; 04-04-2018 at 04:44 AM. Reason: added photos
Old 04-04-2018, 06:37 AM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

https://goldinauctions.com/1923_New_...-LOT23876.aspx
Old 04-04-2018, 07:00 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default all ready responded previously

i am going on the record in writing for all members to see
ANY one has a wrongly slabbed PSA Yankee ticket I will pay to get it fixed including those pre Keyman no holograms
and this is what I will do on the one with Hologram
PSA has the wrong date on label it was the Goldin 2016 auction ticket if you know who owns it have them contact me all I will need is current photo Proof they own it now , and a copy of the Goldin 2016 Auction invoice proof of payment . On this one I will go one step further I will 100% reimburse you what you paid which I will remit to the owner when sent to me for correction .
this transaction will be done openly for all to see full transparency

we created the Yankee Ticket guide so that the novice and avid collector had some reference point
and it is the most accurate GUIDE to Yankees tickets out there
still waiting for Joe sMOE's to get published , but don't hold your breath
I hate to see that many people die doing it[/QUOTE]
Old 04-04-2018, 07:45 AM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

So you are going to pay, in full, the owner of the Goldin ticket because you yourself botched it. Were you also the consignor of it at Goldin or did you sell it on Ebay previously?

And your welcome for the bone I threw you last night, now pick up the mic zip up your pants. I have a few more questions.

1. What English teacher passed you? Any post of yours containing more then 20 words my brain gets exhausted and just gives up. How you wrote any guide is beyond me, are you sure someone else didn't write it for you and you take credit?

2. Yes, as I showed last night some with writing are incorrect, not all, but some, just like your guide, some of it correct, but not all. Also, you yourself are constantly selling tickets with writing on them in the BST and on Ebay, yet those with writing on it are correct, interesting. How are those with writing correct and everyone else's incorrect?

3. Still waiting on you to tell me the 2 variations of the 1923 Yankee Tickets, surely a Yankees Ticket expert who "wrote" a guide would know this.

4. This is a big one so really going to need an answer on this one, on your original guide did you Photoshop a letter "D" ticket from the 1929's that didn't even exist?

I have a few more, but if you could answer these that would be great.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:57 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default where is your guide

wheres your guide
Old 04-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Steve Birmingham

So here's a question, an open one for anyone. But probably some basic thing I'm missing, not being all that into Yankees tickets, or for that matter most tickets (I'll pick them up if they're old and cheap, or newer and really cheap, but I don't actively look for them)

I get that writing can be wrong, or right. And that if someone is doing it years later they may not remember things all that well.

But for the Clean sweep one for example, whoever did the writing was maybe 8 years off which seems like a stretch.

Checking attendance and if there was some special event seems to show nothing special besides opening day.
So if it was done after the fact to mislead... Why try to change a 39 to 47 with writing? I'd think the prewar one would be worth more?

That to me is a bit of a puzzle.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:54 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default simple answer their wrong see the facts I stated

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
So here's a question, an open one for anyone. But probably some basic thing I'm missing, not being all that into Yankees tickets, or for that matter most tickets (I'll pick them up if they're old and cheap, or newer and really cheap, but I don't actively look for them)

I get that writing can be wrong, or right. And that if someone is doing it years later they may not remember things all that well.

But for the Clean sweep one for example, whoever did the writing was maybe 8 years off which seems like a stretch.

Checking attendance and if there was some special event seems to show nothing special besides opening day.
So if it was done after the fact to mislead... Why try to change a 39 to 47 with writing? I'd think the prewar one would be worth more?

That to me is a bit of a puzzle.
simple answer their wrong see the facts I stated
also in 1947 there were no such thing as a Stadium ticket it would have been grandstand , plus the admission price was $1.25 not $1.10

Last edited by megalimey; 04-05-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Jonathan Sterling

The question as I understand it was " why would someone write the wrong date on a ticket ?"
The reasons are many but most happen when a date is added some time after the event. For this ticket they might have seen The Yankees open the season on April 15th and then go and write same date in their ticket not realizing that opening day is not the same date every year. Not every incorrect date is intentional programs like tickets sometimes have incorrect dates written on them so that is why they need to be evaluated on the facts printed on the ticket or stub or program.
Shoeless says he believes writing on tickets above what is printed on them ( he says that but he has a ticket on Ebay that says is from 1950 and is worth $50. But he knows the guide says it is a 1949 stub and is from the day Ruth's monument was dedicated. So instead of selling it for $50 he puts it up for auction where he knows "top ticket collectors" will recognize it and now bids are well above $50 ) for the most part the market gets these things right.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:34 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Why would I put a "Buy It Now" on one Ticket and auction the rest? C'mon.

If I put a "Buy It Now" on any of them it would be the 1917 World Series deciding Game 6 Ticket (which is sitting at a steal at $510 on Ebay with only 3 days until the auction ends)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18315307112...84.m1555.l2649

You arn't going to find that one for under $1200 at a major auction house as noted in my Ebay auction.

Last........

English Lesson for David (I love to help the mentally challenged, don't ever let it be said I do not):

"They're - There - Their" are pronounced the same,
but spelled differently according to usage:

"There" refers to a place.
Examples: There is a library in the first building. It is over there.
Hint: If you can use the word "here," you have it right!

"They're" is a contraction of "they are"
Example: They're not in this building.
Hint: "They" is a pronoun and "are" is the verb.
If you can substitute "We are" you have it right!

"Their" is the posessive pronoun.
Example: Their library is located on the next street.
Hint: If you can substitute "our" you have it right!

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 04-05-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:11 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default Hate to bring up an old topic, but....

saw this on Ebay tonight.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-New-York-...4AAOSwjkxgAP0G

Now according to the Yankees Ticket Dating Guide this H Ticket should be for 1940

https://keymancollectibles.com/ticke...atingguide.htm

But you can see the attached note has 1943, and if you pull up game 60 from 1943 the Ticket matches the Sept 5, 1943 game info, so these are 1943 tix, not 1940:

https://keymancollectibles.com/ticke...meschedule.htm

https://www.baseball-reference.com/t...e-scores.shtml

Thus I'm gonna stand by saying that Guide has quite a few errors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (77.3 KB, 252 views)

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 01-14-2021 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:49 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

more proof the "Guide" is botched:

Explain this Shakir.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35361766033...p2047675.l2557

This stub "attached" to the scrapbook paper WITH the Box score and game recap, says 1937.

Your "guide"

https://keymancollectibles.com/ticke...atingguide.htm

says this MUST be 1936 in that the NYC only appeared one year on tickets per your guide, 1936.

So how could a stub with articles attached from a scrapbook show its from 1937.

GUIDE IS BOTCHED FOLKS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (77.5 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg (76.7 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg sssssss.jpg (20.4 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg ttttttt.jpg (19.9 KB, 195 views)
Old 10-21-2021, 08:06 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

This thread was quite a read. I enjoyed it. A good 15 round heavyweight fight of sorts.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 10-21-2021 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-21-2021, 08:31 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
This thread was quite a read. I enjoyed it. A good 15 round heavyweight fight of sorts.
"Down goes Shakir, down goes Shakir, down goes Shakir!!!!!!"
Old 10-22-2021, 09:44 AM
Steve Birmingham

On that most recent one, the NYC removed is described as being on the back.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:01 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
On that most recent one, the NYC removed is described as being on the back.
Inconsequential.

These are blank back stubs.

These type stubs are not shown (should have been included, but not there, why, ask the Guide Master) on the Keyman Guide Site, they show Bleacher, Grandstand, & Stadium, but the info (The Printing Company) and premise should follow to any of the stubs.

These stubs had all the info on the front and the Guide saying the "NYC" was removed on the 1937 stubs (regardless of front or back) is just plain wrong as you can see from my screenshot of the 1937 one attached to a scrapbook paper with 1937 game info.

David argument of info being written wrong on stubs (which granted can happen and did from time to time) can NOT be disputed here. Nothing is written, it's the newspaper showing the date.

I have zero doubts the guide while correct on some years is also very wrong on some years, David knows this as well and has admitted such in this thread. Problem is there are so many tickets slabbed wrong by PSA, it's a giant mess, but rather then fix people just take whatever PSA puts on the label to be correct, and boy it is not in regards to undated Yankees stubs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blank.jpg (75.7 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg blank2.jpg (73.4 KB, 171 views)

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 10-22-2021 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:31 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

It’s really cool that the one dude created this resource. I have used it. But if there are aspects of it that are wrong, shouldn’t anyone pointing out problems with it just be met with a huge thank you, I’ll look into it kind of response? And if you look into it and agree, change it. And if you ultimately don’t agree, have a dialog. Maybe you reach consensus, maybe you dont. Seems hard to believe this screaming match has gone on literally for years.
Old 10-22-2021, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Inconsequential.

These are blank back stubs.

These type stubs are not shown (should have been included, but not there, why, ask the Guide Master) on the Keyman Guide Site, they show Bleacher, Grandstand, & Stadium, but the info (The Printing Company) and premise should follow to any of the stubs.

These stubs had all the info on the front and the Guide saying the "NYC" was removed on the 1937 stubs (regardless of front or back) is just plain wrong as you can see from my screenshot of the 1937 one attached to a scrapbook paper with 1937 game info.

David argument of info being written wrong on stubs (which granted can happen and did from time to time) can NOT be disputed here. Nothing is written, it's the newspaper showing the date.

I have zero doubts the guide while correct on some years is also very wrong on some years, David knows this as well and has admitted such in this thread. Problem is there are so many tickets slabbed wrong by PSA, it's a giant mess, but rather then fix people just take whatever PSA puts on the label to be correct, and boy it is not in regards to undated Yankees stubs.

There are SO MANY tickets of many sorts that are slabbed incorrect by PSA. It's a complete schlimazel. Why anyone wants to slab a ticket and respected their assessment and grading of them is beyond me. It's a complete scam and the people who are doing this for them are not the experts by any stretch. It's a complete joke.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:49 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballparks View Post
There are SO MANY tickets of many sorts that are slabbed incorrect by PSA. It's a complete schlimazel. Why anyone wants to slab a ticket and respected their assessment and grading of them is beyond me. It's a complete scam and the people who are doing this for them are not the experts by any stretch. It's a complete joke.
You ain't kidding!

Here is one that was at Mile High Auctions:

https://www.milehighcardco.com/1934_...-LOT64125.aspx

Ticket clearly July "15"

Well a simple check of baseball reference or a Google search shows he suffered that Lumbago Attack and batted leadoff then left game on July "14"

https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...93407140.shtml

https://sabr.org/gamesproj/game/july...ainst-yankees/

July 15 game he has 4 at bats:
https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...93407150.shtml

How does PSA botch that???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lou.jpg (12.5 KB, 163 views)
Old 10-23-2021, 09:23 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
How does PSA botch that???
Because they are f'ing stupid OR they don't care OR both.

Doug "it takes one to know one" Goodman
Old 10-24-2021, 06:54 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post

That is more than a little scary

So much for checks and balances

Or checking your work

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 10-24-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post

Both, plus you forgot GREEDY and LAZY.
Old 10-26-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
actually ticket shown is 100% 1923 was slabbed WRONGLY in 2010 pre keyman dating guide 2014
Only 1923 tickets have a Canada Dry advert on the back.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:10 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

I saw some of those blank backed stubs being sold on Ebay. The seller stated that if they had N.Y.C. on the bottom they had to be from 1936. I bought several of these type stubs last year that were still attached to the scrapbook page. I only bought them because I figured the scrapbook page would serve as a way to date them definitively. However I have a couple from 1940 with the N.Y.C. at the bottom. I told the seller about this and his answer was that "mine were leftover 1936 tickets they used again in 1940". I do not think that is the case. I think the Keyman dating criteria is fine for what it says it is, grandstand and bleacher seat. These blank backs are what I believe as "tax receipts" for people who were let into the game either comped or with a pass of some kind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blanks.jpg (79.5 KB, 70 views)

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears
Old 10-28-2021, 06:18 PM
Rob

Quote:

And your welcome for the bone I threw you last night, now pick up the mic zip up your pants. I have a few more questions.

1. What English teacher passed you? Any post of yours containing more then 20 words my brain gets exhausted and just gives up. How you wrote any guide is beyond me, are you sure someone else didn't write it for you and you take credit?
D’oh!

edit: I’m on neither side of this feud. Makes for good reading, though.

Last edited by ooo-ribay; 10-28-2021 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-30-2021, 02:46 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Here's one up on Ebay (ignore the sellers assinine price)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29450811968...wAAOSw~z1hfadL

Info written on the back, generally reliable, especially when it's not saying it's some historic game, is for a DH on July 29, 1951.

PSA on the front put it to 1950 Whitey Ford's first win.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/t...e-scores.shtml

PSA & Guide wrong or original ticket holder who went to the game and wrote unimportant game info on the back of it wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l500 (1).jpg (40.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg s-l500.jpg (33.9 KB, 36 views)