NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 03-02-2021, 07:32 AM
Tony Conte

Default Lost or Stolen Cards By My USPS

Good Morning All,

I had a small order (part of a larger one) that did not make it's way back to
me from PSA. Please be on the look out for the below cert numbers and cards.

I have reached out to Probstein, some local card shops, and I check ebay
every day + myslabs too.

Thank you,

Tony

2 1 48327518 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Update Salute S-29 Juan Soto Card
3 1 48327519 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Update 1983 Topps Baseball 83-12 Juan Soto Card
4 1 48327520 MINT 9 2018 Topps Update US252 Ronald Acuna Jr. Card
5 1 48327521 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Chrome Update HMT31 Ronald Acuna Jr. Card
Old 03-02-2021, 08:01 AM
Al Richter

Hope you are able to get them back Tony. Do you think they were intercepted within UPS by someone ? Any insurance coverage from PSA on their shipment ?
Old 03-02-2021, 08:08 AM
Tony Conte

Hi Al,

Thanks. I'm not hopeful but was told to get the word out that they are missing
and I'm looking. If found I'll have a better chance to prove my case with
this.

I'm not sure what happened but the fault lies with my delivery carrier.
He was just another horrible fill-in for my regular carrier who was out
for a couple days.

The postmaster and delivery managers in my area are not good on the
customer service end.

This order was part of a group sub not direct from PSA.

Last edited by aconte; 03-02-2021 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:08 AM
J@RR0D

That's a bummer. I'm a little nervous over a very high dollar order I sent to PSA last Monday (USPS registered). Yesterday at 7:34am it showed "Arrived at Post Office in Newport Beach" which is where PSA is. Then a couple hours later, that disappeared and reverted to the previous tracking update of "Departed our Santa Ana facility on the way to next destination" from 2:18am.

Why would an arrival scan disappear??? Luckily I took a screenshot of it.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:16 AM
James M.

The Post Office being all out of whack, certainly doesn't help things. I hope you're able to get them back. I detailed earlier last year about a Card I ordered from ebay, that was misdelivered by a fill in Postal Worker, then was promptly stolen and ended up Relisted a State over, in New Jersey. I was eventually able to get the money back for it, thankfully. It's a terrible situation though, especially when you're just waiting to see if the situation gets resolved. Best of luck.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 03-03-2021, 05:35 PM

Default Lost at post office

I had an order arrive to PSA and it showed it had arrived - I printed it out - thank goodness because the next time I checked it showed in route to PSA.
A few weeks later I get back an empty box marked damaged in route and
I don't remember what all. PSA said they never got it, etc. Actually a Postmaster that belongs on this board tried to help me and eveyone said
shout the loudest. I did, I went to the Postmaster Generals office, FBI-
and they actually helped me the most - said to file a police report, etc
on and on. I thought all was lost of some of my most rare cards when
about 2 months later, my order showed up graded.

True Story
Old 03-03-2021, 09:39 PM
J@RR0D

I am looking at PSAs website right now where my orders are currently in grading (after being logged, etc). I have another browser window open with USPS tracking, which is showing my cards still in transit to Newport Beach. This is an insured, high dollar, registered package that is supposed to be signed for every step of the way. I know the PO is busy, but I just don’t understand how their systems can be so broken.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:37 PM
Scott Levy

The post office has simply been horrendous lately. It’s so bad that it’s barely functioning...at all. My most recent interaction with them was a package that was to be delivered - with a couple dozen T206 cards ended up completely ripped apart with a note that package arrived without contents at the local post office. I will be reimbursed for my cost - $240 - sadly the actual value is in excess of $1k

Last edited by scottglevy; 03-10-2021 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:10 PM
Phil

I had a recent order that was arriving on time, according to the USPS website. It goes out for delivery and the next thing I know was that it hadn't been scanned, this was two days ago. Today I received a notice from USPS that the package was being returned to the seller as it had an "insufficient address." I checked with the seller and he had written my address correctly on the package. Hmm...
Old 03-10-2021, 10:25 PM
Jason B.

Very sorry to hear Tony -- awful.

Since the word was out on PSA's USPS Post Office being utterly overwhelmed, I sent in a large 650 card order via FedEx Express direct to PSA's offices (as instructed) on Monday afternoon, bypassing the local USPS PO.
I would encourage anyone submitting to do so.

Shipment arrived 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, and all 4 Submissions were logged as Received overnight.
All 4 Submissions were registered in the Orders section as of Wednesday morning, and I actually have grade on the one Premium Submission already.

Sounds like an absolute mess at the PO with everyone beating the clock on the price increases.
|
WTB: '15 CJ Wagner & WaJo (PSA 2-3) | '33 Sport Kings Babe Ruth (PSA 4-5) | '52T Ed Mathews (PSA 4-5) | '47 VanPatrick Postcard of Bob Feller.
T-206 Monster: 520/520 (PSA 4-6)
Old 03-11-2021, 05:50 AM
J@RR0D

That’s great advice, Jason.

I’ve already received one graded card back, in hand. Yet the package that card was sent to PSA in still shows in transit TO PSA. Register and insured for an insanely high amount.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:19 AM
Jeff Carlson

Here is an opposite story:

I worked a trade for a signed Joe Medwick card recently. The other person wrote the incorrect street number *and* zip code on the envelope. Yet, the card still made it to me with only a couple days delay. For all of the complaints about the Post Office in general, the Oklahoma City sort facility and my local Norman office are absolutely top notch.

Last edited by carlsonjok; 03-20-2021 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Bad grammar