NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Reg

Default OT: How do I capture a screen shot?

I did a search "screen shot" but didn't see anything? Not sure if it matters but I'm using Google chrome. Any help would be great.. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

top right of your keyboard, over the numbers there a button, says, "print screen"

Click "print screen" then open your , paint program, and click paste. Then you can save that immage. Top lelf of your pain program, scroll to "save as" then give it a name, and save it to your desktop, or where ever you want it.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.

Last edited by EvilKing00; 11-18-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Jeff

You can also use Hyper Snap (cost to download) or the Microsoft Snipping Tool depending on which version of Windows you have.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 11-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Reg

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
top right of your keyboard, over the numbers there a button, says, "print screen"

Click "print screen" then open your , paint program, and click paste. Then you can save that immage. Top lelf of your pain program, scroll to "save as" then give it a name, and save it to your desktop, or where ever you want it.
hmmm? above the numbers on my lap top I have 7 buttons, scroll lock, INS, Home, PGUP, PGDN, End, DEL? I don't see a print screen?
Old 11-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

do u have a mac or a pc?
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Reg

Quote:
do u have a mac or a pc?
PC lap top: Toshiba it's about 4yrs old
Old 11-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

ok - waht about a button that says - what about sysRq?

Old 11-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Reg

Quote:
ok - waht about a button that says - what about sysRq?
Yes I do have SYSRQ button
Old 11-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

ok that is the AKA for "print screen", use that button when u have the screen up u want to capture. Then go to your paint program

Old 11-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Reg

Quote:
ok that is the AKA for "print screen", use that button when u have the screen up u want to capture. Then go to your paint program
ok next question. when I hit the button nothing happens, should a window pop up or something?
Old 11-18-2012, 08:44 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

nope, nothing will happen. Just go to your paint program, go to the top left of your screen, drop down to paste, and paste it in

Old 11-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Reg

Got it thanks!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen shot.jpg (19.8 KB, 137 views)
Old 11-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

awesome man, no problem

Old 11-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Andrew Hunt00n

Another tip for screenshots is if you have a window open on your screen and you only want to capture that smaller window without getting the whole screen you can hold Alt and press Print Screen and you will only capture the current window that is open. This way when you open say an image of a card in a new window on your screen you can capture just the window with the card instead of your whole screen. Hopefully my long winded explanation makes sense.

Give it a try and see how it works.

Thanks.

AndyH

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 11-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Reg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
Another tip for screenshots is if you have a window open on your screen and you only want to capture that smaller window without getting the whole screen you can hold Alt and press Print Screen and you will only capture the current window that is open. This way when you open say an image of a card in a new window on your screen you can capture just the window with the card instead of your whole screen. Hopefully my long winded explanation makes sense.

Give it a try and see how it works.

Thanks.

AndyH

Thanks I could even crop it.. (Not my card by the way)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cobb.jpg (8.8 KB, 116 views)
Old 11-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Andy, thanks for that ALT tip.

For those with a Droid. The Dolphin browser has a screen capture add on (all free) that has a built-in crop function too. Works slick and easy. Maybe for iPhone too.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Andrew Hunt00n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder7 View Post
Andy, thanks for that ALT tip.

For those with a Droid. The Dolphin browser has a screen capture add on (all free) that has a built-in crop function too. Works slick and easy. Maybe for iPhone too.
No problem Steve. I use the Alt screenshot all the time and was thrilled when someone showed that to me.

You can capture a screenshot on the iPhone by pressing both the power button on the top of the phone and the home button at the bottom on the face of the phone at the same time. It will save the screenshot in your pics and you can access them there. I've done this several times to get images of my favorite cards to use as my wallpapers on my phone.

Best,

AndyH

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 11-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

If you find yourself wanting to do screenshots frequently, I recommend the free application "Screenhunter" by WisdomSoft. It allows you to hit a command key (like ) and select a portion of the screen using your mouse to take a screenshot. Much easier for doing cropped views and so on to use it instead of Paint.

I work in software QA and do screenshots all the time. Screenhunter is a lifesaver for me.

Tabe