NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 11-04-2018, 09:57 AM
Ne@l K

Default Sirius Sports Auctions

Edited title to thread - Oct 2020

Considering using one of them - or someone else - for PSA graded cards. I think both of these are tied to the PSA registry but could be mistaken. I have used Sterling many times with success, but most of my consignments were prewar examples. Lee does a good job with those.

Sirius seems to be impossible to reach - email or phone - so I am not sure if that is a good sign.

Anyone use these guys?

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others

Last edited by Neal; 10-07-2020 at 05:30 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:54 AM
Dave Foster

Never consigned with them, but have won many of their auctions over the years. Their shipping is remarkably fast, as in two days from payment to the left coast, from their AH on the east coast. Their consignment rates also look pretty inviting. Their BP juice - 12.5% - is super buyer friendly, while other AH are up to 22%. Those I pass on.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:03 AM
je.sse @rnot

Same here, never consigned with either but have bought from both with no problems. I have never needed to contact Sirius but I did have a couple of questions for small traditions and was able to reach someone very quickly.

If you're selling anything Jeter or Arod related I would definitely use small traditions.

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 11-04-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:03 PM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
Same here, never consigned with either but have bought from both with no problems. I have never needed to contact Sirius but I did have a couple of questions for small traditions and was able to reach someone very quickly.

If you're selling anything Jeter or Arod related I would definitely use small traditions.
both stellar as a buyer!
Interesting note on Jeter cards - thanks

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 11-04-2018, 02:20 PM
James
James Kin.chen

What era cards are you planning to auction? For vintage I would go with Sirius. Their consignment fee for cards over $100 is 0%. With the 12.5% buyers fee, buyers can bid higher so the seller will make more.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:29 PM

I've consigned several times with Small Traditions, not others. I am not attentive to the various fees on either side, so can't comment there, if that is valuable to someone else. But I can say that I can't imagine anywhere being more communicative than ST.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:47 AM
Arthur R!ch

I'll never do business with Dave Thorn (Small Traditions) be it buying or selling. That's just me though and based on what I consider to be honest dealings.

I don't have any experience with Sirius so can't help you there, sorry.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx
Old 11-07-2018, 06:03 PM
Ne@l K

Still no idea on how to consign to Sirius …. received an email from them (after sending several) and was told he'll get me a "form"

that was Monday.

anyone know this guy?

Old 11-07-2018, 06:26 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Default Sirius Sports Auctions or Small Traditions

What are two auctioneers I've never bothered with?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 11-07-2018, 09:11 PM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post

What are two auctioneers I've never bothered with?
Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old 01-13-2020, 07:20 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasselhoffsCheeseburger View Post
I'll never do business with Dave Thorn (Small Traditions) be it buying or selling. That's just me though and based on what I consider to be honest dealings.

I don't have any experience with Sirius so can't help you there, sorry.

Arthur
Major props to Arthur for the above post.

He called it early-on!
Old 01-13-2020, 10:47 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Major props to Arthur for the above post.

He called it early-on!
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 01-14-2020, 03:30 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Small Traditions

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1345291

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:29 PM
Ne@l K

Bit the bullet and sent my first consignment with form sent in the package for my winnings.

No email confirmation but wasn't expecting one based on what others have told me.

I guess I'll see the items on my account page when they are being auctioned? Is there an email stating the auction has started?

Thx

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Neal; 10-06-2020 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:28 PM

Which one did you use? Thinking not ST, since it looks like may not be active anymore.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:29 AM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty77 View Post
Which one did you use? Thinking not ST, since it looks like may not be active anymore.
Sirius ...

will change the title of the thread if I can.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:45 PM

Never consigned with them so don't know if they provide specific info to consignors about what auction your stuff lands in, but they certainly send out generic emails to their mailing list when auctions start and typically another reminder the day before they close. I notice getting those regularly.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:09 AM
ja.mes na.higian

Default Sirius

I have consigned 1000's of cards with Sirius (and won 1000's over the years from their bi-weekly auctions). The principle's name is Michael. Yes, they (he) is not the best communicator in the world. That notwithstanding, they are seemingly honest, pretty reliable, and reasonably expedient on everything they do. Their fees are very fair as someone stated. I find it as a great site for updating several of my mainstream 50's, 60's, 70's Topps baseball sets. Both buying and selling. When I submit I do not utilize their online form, rather I attach my own submission excel spreadsheet, email Michael with it and ship the cards USPS Priority signature required. I have recommended them to several collectors. They do a good job, that said, communication is not their strong point.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:47 AM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55koufax View Post
I have consigned 1000's of cards with Sirius (and won 1000's over the years from their bi-weekly auctions). The principle's name is Michael. Yes, they (he) is not the best communicator in the world. That notwithstanding, they are seemingly honest, pretty reliable, and reasonably expedient on everything they do. Their fees are very fair as someone stated. I find it as a great site for updating several of my mainstream 50's, 60's, 70's Topps baseball sets. Both buying and selling. When I submit I do not utilize their online form, rather I attach my own submission excel spreadsheet, email Michael with it and ship the cards USPS Priority signature required. I have recommended them to several collectors. They do a good job, that said, communication is not their strong point.
agreed ... figured to bring this up

My second consignment is in progress and a third is on the way. I still wish I would receive emails other than outbid notices however.

Starting each lot at a buck is very effective. I've used some others that start either too high or bunch some random cards as a lot, which really prevents any bidding activity.

For anyone out there thinking of using Sirius, just fill out the form and send. It will get to auction.