NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on Ebay
Pre-WWII Cards
Post WWII Cards
Vintage Memorabilia
Babe Ruth Cards
Ty Cobb Cards
Lou Gehrig Cards
Mickey Mantle Cards
Goudey Cards
Bowman Cards
T205s on Ebay
Tobacco "T" Cards
Caramel "E" Cards
Vintage Baseball Postcards
Football Cards on Ebay
Exhibit Cards
Strip Cards
Baking Cards
Sporting News
Playball Cards on Ebay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 10-18-2020, 07:19 AM
Wid

Default Raw Jerry rice

I was shocked where this auction closed. it's a beautiful card, I was bidding myself, but the price leaves little room for error... thoughts? Do buyers do this with the dream they send it and get a 10?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Topps-...p2047675.l2557

Collecting:
T206, 1933 Goudey, Ernie Banks base cards, Star Basketball..and, one by one I am adding HOF rookies from 50s-90s, MLB, NFL, NBA

Last edited by Wid_Conroy; 10-18-2020 at 07:20 AM.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:24 AM
Dave

If it's an 8, they lose a lot of money on that, but if it's a 9...............who knows, they have been all over the map lately. $1500 to $4000.

Big question is, where is it by the time it gets back from PSA in 6-8 months........or do you pay a boatload of money for a quick turnaround?
Old 10-18-2020, 03:21 PM
Wid

yep. i was tempted to believe that is a 9. but I have learned to be a bit more disciplined. you are also beholden to the legend of population control.

Collecting:
T206, 1933 Goudey, Ernie Banks base cards, Star Basketball..and, one by one I am adding HOF rookies from 50s-90s, MLB, NFL, NBA
Old 10-19-2020, 03:06 PM
Jeff P

That is a nice card but betting on it to grade a 9 is like playing the lottery.

If this person is trying to flip it, they should pay a boatload for quick service. Given the BS return policies eBay and Paypal currently has, this person will probably return the item if it doesn't grade. This loophole needs to be fixed ASAP IMHO.

jeff
Old 10-20-2020, 05:35 AM
Wid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyepayne View Post
That is a nice card but betting on it to grade a 9 is like playing the lottery.

If this person is trying to flip it, they should pay a boatload for quick service. Given the BS return policies eBay and Paypal currently has, this person will probably return the item if it doesn't grade. This loophole needs to be fixed ASAP IMHO.

jeff

Does that work? if the card comes back slabbed an 8, can the buyer return the card slabbed? or does he have to break it out and send it back... it seems like a lot of trouble, and a lot of handling of the card... i thought you need to send it back as it came.

Collecting:
Old 10-20-2020, 04:28 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wid_Conroy View Post
Does that work? if the card comes back slabbed an 8, can the buyer return the card slabbed? or does he have to break it out and send it back... it seems like a lot of trouble, and a lot of handling of the card... i thought you need to send it back as it came.
In theory. But with eBay, everything is only a theory if you are selling cards.

jeff
Old 10-21-2020, 04:07 PM
David M.

Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the few people that actually bids on a card, pays for it, and then keeps it. Am I just stupid?
Old 10-21-2020, 06:34 PM
Wid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasHouseGang View Post
Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the few people that actually bids on a card, pays for it, and then keeps it. Am I just stupid?
I do that! which is why i was annoyed this guy paid a crazy price for the Rice

Collecting:
Old 10-21-2020, 08:31 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasHouseGang View Post
Apparently we are in the minority these days!

jeff