NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards

Old 04-15-2014, 12:20 PM
Sal Bitonti

My fascination for the Uruguayan 1930 National Team has gotten the better of me with my newest addition that came in this morning.

1930 Chocolatin Aguila Uruguay National Team Card (Issued in Uruguay)

Old 04-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Al Jurgela

Default Nice cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatu View Post
My fascination for the Uruguayan 1930 National Team has gotten the better of me with my newest addition that came in this morning.

Where are you finding these?

Great!!

Al
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
All Oscar Charleston Cards
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards
Old 04-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Sal Bitonti

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljurgela View Post
Where are you finding these?

Great!!

Al

Hey Al im finding most of these on ebay. I found a seller right from Uruguay that has a bunch of older stuff.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Sal Bitonti

Got my Jose Nasazzi Rookie Card in today and its stunning in person. No creases, tears, dings or anything.

1930 Chocolatin Aguila? Jose Nasazzi Rookie

Old 07-16-2014, 02:11 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatu View Post

Interesting. Those Uruguayan cards are tough as hell to find. Yours looks very similar to a set I found a few years ago from Chocolatin Mercedes from 1930 as well. Don't have the soccer cards just boxing. About 40% of the cards in the album were forgeries but most of the soccer and boxing were genuine. Same tiny size and the backs look very similar to yours:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 07-16-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:24 AM
J1m Fr@n.tzis

Recently picked up this 1979 Topps/Bazooka Israel soccer box with 48 unopened packs, 47 now because I opened one.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Bill

Here are some 1914-1915 Spanish cards and a 1912-13 (I think)

The Roma Forns is from 1912-1913 or the year after, I believe. 1913 is the last year that he played.

The others include team cards of Espana and Irun, as well as an action card of Armet and Belauste (played for Spain in their first Olympics)

These are some of the earliest Spanish cards that I have been able to put my hands on.

Vintage Soccer (mainly pre-1930 and cards of the greats from any years)

Check out my site: CollectFutbol.com

Last edited by Spartan833; 08-18-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:03 PM

Hi! These are some items I picked up today and made me excited

The first two are Tinghäll cards of Ademir and Barbosa. Tinghälls were Swedish candy cards, and these were issued in 1950. I think they are really rare.

Ademir Marques de Menezes was one of the greatest players of the time, and highest scorer in the 1950 World Cup. I think this is the only card issued depicting Ademir:

Moacir Barbosa Nascimento was the goalkeeper of the 1950 World Cup Brazil team. He was also one of the greatest, but he had a tragic fate - his name is written in history as the man who made Brazil cry. He was considered as responsible for the most tragic loose of Brazil, this against Uruguay during the 1950 final, a match better known as "el Maracanaço".

Then I found also this. An example of the Swedish Record magazine, issued in 1958 with number 37. What makes this issue special, is the fact that in this issue one of the two Swedish 1958 rookie cards of Pele was offered as a hand-cut card. It is not impossible to find this card, for example on eBay, but this was the first time I saw a complete issue in such a good state with an uncut card.

... And a closer view:

I also got a very nice example of 1965 Bergmann Franz Beckenbauer (one of the two 1965 rookie cards of this great player):

Happy hunting everyone

MySoccerCards.com

Last edited by SECollector; 08-28-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:08 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Very nice!

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 09-03-2014, 02:56 PM

I finally got the time to scan some new arrivals. I will probably present all here, so stop me if I get boring

I also started a blog at mysoccercards.com and I will try to upload my nicest cards there, as well as add information mostly about the cards. My ambition is to update it often, with cards I acquire or new cool info about cards that are already published.

Anyway that beauty here arrived the other day:

Issued during 1974 in France, by Ageducatifs, this is Michel François Platini´s rookie card. Platini is the current president of the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), and he is -by many- considered as one of the best, if not the best, players of all time. He was a member of the French national team that won the 1984 European Championship, a tournament in which he was the top goalscorer and voted the best player. This card illustrates a young Platini from 1974 when he was currently playing with his first team, Nancy (Association Sportive Nancy-Lorraine), a French association football club based in Nancy, Lorraine.

These cards are getting rarer and rarer to find, and finding one that has never been glued to an album is almost impossible. I love this.

MySoccerCards.com

Last edited by SECollector; 09-06-2014 at 02:11 AM.