NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Max Weder

Default 10,000 title baseball book collection

Next Friday, I will be looking at a massive book collection (plus 350,000 volumes) which is said to have around 10,000 baseball books. I suspect 99% of the baseball books will be common or uncollectible titles, but if anyone wants to send me titles they are specifically looking for that aren't on ebay or the on-line services (or are grossly overpriced there), please send me an email with your list to baseballart @ gmail.com (without the spaces), This will help me decide whether to pick up titles which I might otherwise not pick-up for my collection.

Max
Old 07-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Dan Bretta

Not looking for anything in particular unless they have a copy of "The Nebraska Indians: A Complete History" that you can get cheap...Good luck, you must be like a kid before Christmas...is the anticipation killing you?
Old 08-21-2011, 11:25 AM

Hey Max

You never posted anything from this collection- was there anything interesting or was it all just common stuff

Jason
Old 08-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Max Weder

Jason

I guess the best thing about the collection was that I got to see my relatives that weekend.

It was complete junk--99% library copies. There may have been some baseball books at the back of the piles of mildewed, library rejects (as in rejects from the library sale!) but I couldn't see them.

I left after a couple of hours.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Dan Bretta

You didn't see any baseball books or you didn't see any that weren't junk?
Old 08-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Max Weder

I saw two baseball books. There may have been more stacked away in the piles of junky books, but the situation was so bizarre that I couldn't stick around to see if there were. It was a cross of Deliverance and A Bookman's Wake.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:32 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8