NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-24-2019, 05:13 PM
DR
David R@tliff

Default Just throw this one on the continuing pile...

This isn't just bad, it's ridiculously bad. Should stick to what they know, they've got plenty to deal with there already.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jor...UAAOSwi3Vc3z~G

Last edited by bounce; 05-24-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:53 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Does PWCC have changing rooms in the vault to try on your jersey assets?

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:14 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Wherever your ass sets, set your ass to rest. (at least that's the way I heard it, anyway. Amway. ...whatever)
Old 05-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Peter Spaeth

It's authenticated by Art's Artifacts.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:18 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Art's Artifacts? Anybody ever even heard of them?
Old 05-24-2019, 08:22 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Art's Artifacts? Anybody ever even heard of them?
Looks like former NFL player Art Thoms. And the COA says he obtained the signature personally.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:27 PM
John Wondowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Looks like former NFL player Art Thoms. And the COA says he obtained the signature personally.
OMG! The scandals just don’t stop - end of days!!!
Old 05-24-2019, 08:31 PM
Peter Spaeth

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 84806Z1_4.jpg (67.2 KB, 680 views)

Old 05-24-2019, 08:33 PM
Ben North

I don't know guys this looks legit to me. It's not like the COA is just a plain piece of paper that anybody could print at home. Plus with the very detailed description on the COA there is no way it could be used for any other item.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:45 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I don't know guys this looks legit to me. It's not like the COA is just a plain piece of paper that anybody could print at home. Plus with the very detailed description on the COA there is no way it could be used for any other item.
I just don't get it. I thought PWCC was making money hand over fist. Why resort to selling such garbage?
Old 05-24-2019, 08:48 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I just don't get it. I thought PWCC was making money hand over fist. Why resort to selling such garbage?
The answer is in your post.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:53 PM
John Wondowski

Art Thoms played in Oakland which is on the same coast as Oregon (home of You know who). He then played one year in Philadelphia which we all know had a huge mob presence in the 70s. Plus, he shares the first name with Art Schlichter. There ya have it.

I appreciate the exposure and unraveling of fraudulent activity which is rampant and well documented. Getting tired of the pot shots based on nothing but the desire to seem relevant. It dilutes the actual issues and takes away from this board.

And, yes, I’ve had a few beers ......
Old 05-24-2019, 09:09 PM
Peter Spaeth

One or two more and you may bid.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:11 PM
John Wondowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
One or two more and you may bid.
Hahaha.....truth, Peter. I was also referencing previous posts which pseudo accused shill bidding. Just seems rampant.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:24 PM
DR
David R@tliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondo View Post
Art Thoms played in Oakland which is on the same coast as Oregon (home of You know who). He then played one year in Philadelphia which we all know had a huge mob presence in the 70s. Plus, he shares the first name with Art Schlichter. There ya have it.

I appreciate the exposure and unraveling of fraudulent activity which is rampant and well documented. Getting tired of the pot shots based on nothing but the desire to seem relevant. It dilutes the actual issues and takes away from this board.

And, yes, I’ve had a few beers ......
Then you should get educated. This isn’t a pot shot, it’s a fact.

That Jordan is not authentic, go compare it to any UDA Jordan.

In fact, why not trust the experts and do a Quick Opinion on it? Why didn’t PWCC do that at a minimum? I wonder...

I don’t need to desire to be relevant. My ego doesn’t require the attention. What I do desire is for forgeries to stop being pitched out into the market by uneducated or unethical sellers into the hands of uneducated buyers. This isn’t the first time they’ve listed bogus autographs with some bogus certificate. I am also sick of “position” giving people a free pass to just cash their consignment fee check with no repercussions.

Why would they sell probably THE MOST FORGED SIGNATURE IN THE MARKET without a recognized COA with it? Is it maybe because none of those companies will cert it?

There is absolutely ZERO CHANCE PSA or JSA would pass this signature as authentic, including if Michael himself walked it into their office.

And for those who don’t think you can just print up a cert that looks like that, do you really not see the blank line that just gets filled in with whatever the item is going to be? Seriously? That’s probably warning sign #1 in the hobby of a bogus signature, assuming you know absolutely nothing about autographs at all.

And finally, in person autographs from Jordan are WAAAAAAAAY SLOPPIER than the UDA signatures, and yet this one has like 5 extra letters in Michael?

WAKE UP
Old 05-24-2019, 11:22 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

I just checked, and the signature on the certificate, matches the signatures on ebay for Art Thoms of the Oakland Raiders.

Also, the address on the certificate matches records for the address Art Thoms of the Raiders lived at in the 1990s.

Finally, there is an "Art Thoms Locker Room" on Facebook, and the same "Art Thoms Locker Room" is listed on yellowpages.com.

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox
Old 05-25-2019, 04:00 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D View Post
I just checked, and the signature on the certificate, matches the signatures on ebay for Art Thoms of the Oakland Raiders.
So at least you're getting a real Art Thoms autograph.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:58 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

How funny would it be if the Michael Jordan turned out to be real, but the Art Thoms on the cert was a forgery?

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2019, 05:20 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
So at least you're getting a real Art Thoms autograph.
Art Thoms

aka

Art Toms or

Art Thomas or

Bart Thoms or

Bart Thomas

Yes folks, at Art’s Artifacts where sort of good is good enough. All of the above autographs have at least 7 of the 8 correct letters in the correct sequence and all would be certified by Art, guaranteed. And we stand behind our certs, well behind in fact. At Art’s Artifacts we consign only with the finest, or sort of fine, auction houses on eBay, like Coach’s Corner and PWCC, or you can buy directly from Art’s Locker, where getting a COA is made simple. Check us out of Facebook, like us on Twitter. Send us a photo of your item on Instagram and we’ll send you a cert saving you postage as well.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:37 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
They are scam artists...that's why. They think they are e-bay.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:02 PM
DR
David R@tliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Not picking on you here, but if this was really legit - why would it only sell for $270?

The answer is pretty easy - it's not authentic. If it was, the Jordan autograph collectors would have been bidding on it. I would have bid on it. A Jordan signed jersey is worth several times this amount if the autograph is authentic.

This is simply a non-card example of PWCC taking consignments for fees, in an area where they have no real expertise. It shows a real disregard for the hobby.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:04 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
Not picking on you here, but if this was really legit - why would it only sell for $270?

The answer is pretty easy - it's not authentic. If it was, the Jordan autograph collectors would have been bidding on it. I would have bid on it. A Jordan signed jersey is worth several times this amount if the autograph is authentic.

This is simply a non-card example of PWCC taking consignments for fees, in an area where they have no real expertise. It shows a real disregard for the hobby.
I assume Ben was being sarcastic here.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:13 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

More disregard.....

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...=259594&page=4
Old 06-02-2019, 03:35 PM
DR
David R@tliff

Peter - yes you're right, I missed the follow up post the first time around, and the sarcasm face on the original. NICE JOB BEN - you got me!

I forgot about those advertising signs - yeah that was another good one. I mean it LOOKS old, right? So it must BE old. Uh huh.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:03 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
Peter - yes you're right, I missed the follow up post the first time around, and the sarcasm face on the original. NICE JOB BEN - you got me!

I forgot about those advertising signs - yeah that was another good one. I mean it LOOKS old, right? So it must BE old. Uh huh.
I thought it was obvious sarcasm. Anybody could print out one of those and change the item description to anything they want.