NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 04:16 PM
Rob.ert He.rd

Default Latest Media Coverage On PWCC and Scandal

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ed/1929959001/

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:31 PM
Ben North

Oh Jeffrey is hilarious. Lichtman said. “While there are questions of what constitutes an improper alteration,

LOL, may all of his cards have proper alterations.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:32 PM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Oh Jeffrey is hilarious. Lichtman said. “While there are questions of what constitutes an improper alteration,

LOL, may all of his cards have proper alterations.
Jeffrey is looking out for us
Old 08-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

You need this guy to protect you:

https://www.warshawlaw.net/

Perhaps someone can tell him having a picture of himself, no matter how gruesome that may be, might help a bit. And hiring an employee probably wouldn’t hurt either.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:40 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I have used Adam for some basic contract stuff and he did an outstanding job for me.

As for the article, the reporter called me yesterday (or the day before) too but I wasn't home. National coverage is good .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge View Post

Perhaps someone can tell him having a picture of himself, no matter how gruesome that may be, might help a bit. And hiring an employee probably wouldn’t hurt either.

Last edited by Leon; 08-06-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:45 PM
Ben North

Quote:

I am sure I could afford to hire Adam, probably couldn't afford to hire you.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

I hope you didn’t pay too much because from the looks of that website you shouldn’t of had to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I have used Adam for some basic contract stuff and he did an outstanding job for me.

As for the article, the reporter called me yesterday (or the day before) too but I wasn't home. National coverage is good .
Old 08-06-2019, 04:57 PM
DR
David R@tliff

"problematic ones are in the hundreds"

I'll take the over on that one - the WAAAAAAAAY over

"refunds have been given to hundreds"

Oh, so I guess we're almost done then? not even close

Last edited by bounce; 08-06-2019 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:58 PM
James

Is the best way to combat card fraud for the benefit of the hobby minimizing the pervasiveness of it despite knowing better?

"PWCC has sold hundreds of thousands of cards and the problematic ones are in the hundreds — or less than 1%.”
Old 08-06-2019, 04:59 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
I hope you didn’t pay too much because from the looks of that website you shouldn’t of had to.
Are you a website expert? What do you think of this one?

https://www.plushcare.com/blog/free-...new-york-city/
Old 08-06-2019, 05:04 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

It looks like it was created by a guy making about $45K/year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Are you a website expert? What do you think of this one?

https://www.plushcare.com/blog/free-...new-york-city/
Old 08-06-2019, 05:05 PM
Jay Cee

Quote:

Agreed, Adam is outstanding for his area of expertise and he is great for the hobby educating collectors about exhibit cards from the many books he has published. Not sure why anyone would be negative toward him unless its a deflection from the current thread topic of the FBI/PWCC/TPG Article.

I thought the article was well written, but only a small sample size of whats going on.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:05 PM
James

I'm curious Steven if you agree with your brother's statement:

"PWCC has sold hundreds of thousands of cards and the problematic ones are in the hundreds — or less than 1%.”

If not, how is this consistent with your presumption that his primary intention in getting involved is doing what is best for the hobby? I'm also curious if you think he believes his own statement?
Old 08-06-2019, 05:11 PM

Go BODA! Thanks for all your hard work. USA Today is major!
Old 08-06-2019, 05:13 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Maybe so, but you may want to share the link with your brother. You do know, before your brother was screwing around on his wife with Sarma, she was banging Louis CK? I mean, what kind of skank whore sleeps with Louis CK? Anyway, he gave her an STD. And that's not an internet rumor, that's a verifiable fact. Hope he is able to clear that up with some penicillin.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Maybe so, but you may want to share the link with your brother. You do know, before your brother was screwing around on his wife with Sarma, she was banging Louis CK? I mean, what kind of skank whore sleeps with Louis CK? Anyway, he gave her an STD. And that's not an internet rumor, that's a verifiable fact. Hope he is able to clear that up with some penicillin.
The set up and fallow through was brilliant.

To be honest the set up had me wondering but the fallow up was worth the wait.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:25 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Of course I’m not privy to the inner workings of PWCC but from what I have seen, no I would not agree with that statement. What he believes I don’t know because I haven’t asked him. I do know everyone wants arrests made, people in jail, and of course civil law suits filed already, but that’s not how these things work. Somehow though the issue has received national exposure. Do you think a big mouth like Adam Warshaw who pounds his chest on his website that he has recovered over $3M for his clients since 1996 had anything to do with that? Yes $3M in 23 years. Jeff does that in a matter of months. If I were him I’d bust my ass to get Brent the best possible result he can and let you all take care of the rest of the problems yourself. You can let Adam Warshaw and David James lead the charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon512 View Post
I'm curious Steven if you agree with your brother's statement:

If not, how is this consistent with your presumption that his primary intention in getting involved is doing what is best for the hobby? I'm also curious if you think he believes his own statement?
Old 08-06-2019, 05:26 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

What kind of skank whore sleeps with you?

Quote:
Old 08-06-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Yup. This is proper for a baseball card forum.....
Old 08-06-2019, 05:37 PM
Barry Sloate

This thread should be locked.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:37 PM
James

Quote:
Of course I’m not privy to the inner workings of PWCC but from what I have seen, no I would not agree with that statement. What he believes I don’t know because I haven’t asked him. I do know everyone wants arrests made, people in jail, and of course civil law suits filed already, but that’s not how these things work. Somehow though the issue has received national exposure. Do you think a big mouth like Adam Warshaw who pounds his chest on his website that he has recovered over $3M for his clients since 1996 had anything to do with that? Yes $3M in 23 years. Jeff does that in a matter of months. If I were him I’d bust my ass to get Brent the best possible result he can and let you all take care of the rest of the problems yourself. You can let Adam Warshaw and David James lead the charge.
Thank you for responding Steven. I agree with what you wrote in this line: "If I were him I’d bust my ass to get Brent the best possible result he can and let you all take care of the rest of the problems yourself." My guess is that will happen. It's the basis for my and others' concern of inconsistency between the stated motive for representation -- to affect substantive positive change in the hobby --and what the likely result will be...little to no change.

As for your question regarding Adam, the answer is no, but that would also be true of me and most others. Some people, like Peter Spaeth and BODA have stepped up and they deserve our respect. I could care less what Adam's salary is. I could also care less about aspects of your brother's personal life. I don't think either should be discussed on a message board about baseball cards.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:46 PM
Rob.ert He.rd

Well, that escalated quickly.

Last edited by Goodsport40; 08-06-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:47 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

I try to keep these topics on point and to have civil banter even when we all may disagree. Unfortunately for a small number that is too much to ask and they continue to bring things to the gutter so I am forced to as well. At this point I really don’t know what Jeff is doing but if I were him I would represent my client as vociferously as possible and let you all figure out the rest. I would imagine if we took an honest poll of how many here have cheated on their spouse no one would be surprised at the results. And thank you Ryan, your heart is in the right place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon512 View Post
Thank you for responding Steven. I agree with what you wrote in this line: "If I were him I’d bust my ass to get Brent the best possible result he can and let you all take care of the rest of the problems yourself." My guess is that will happen. It's the basis for my and others' concern of inconsistency between the stated motive for representation -- to affect substantive positive change in the hobby --and what the likely result will be...little to no change.

As for your question regarding Adam, the answer is no, but that would also be true of me and most others. Some people, like Peter Spaeth and BODA have stepped up and they deserve our respect. I could care less what Adam's salary is. I could also care less about aspects of your brother's personal life. I don't think either should be discussed on a message board about baseball cards.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Everyone needs to cut out the personal attacks. Lets try to stick to cards and hobby related stuff. There is plenty to talk about on those subjects. Thanks
Old 08-06-2019, 05:58 PM

Adam is first-rate in all respects and a tribute to the hobby.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:01 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Thanks Leon, but no need to stop it on my account or my brothers.

Quote:
Everyone needs to cut out the personal attacks. Lets try to stick to cards and hobby related stuff. There is plenty to talk about on those subjects. Thanks
Old 08-06-2019, 06:12 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
You know your elitism is a little bit shitty sometimes. You act like you didn't start the personal attacks, but as far as I can tell Adam (whom I don't know or care about at all) certainly never did anything to you. I agree with you a lot of the time, but you've been more than just a little disingenuous in this instance "I try to keep these topics on point and to have civil banter even when we all may disagree."
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 08-06-2019 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:16 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
You know your elitism is a little bit shitty sometimes.
By Intention. When someone opens their big mouth we should all get to see what’s behind it. Otherwise I could care less what someone makes or who they’re sleeping with.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:18 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Yup. This is proper for a baseball card forum.....
Like trashing Adam and his livelihood?
Old 08-06-2019, 06:18 PM
Scott Russell

Where did this Adam open his mouth, did I miss something? Also I certainly didn't think you did it UNINTENTIONALLY.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 08-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Do you really think I’m going after someone for no reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Where did this Adam open his mouth, did I miss something? Also I certainly didn't think you did it UNINTENTIONALLY.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Like trashing Adam and his livelihood?
Two wrongs don’t make a right.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Or, as a girl I dated in high school once astutely observed: two rights don't make a wrong.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

just as a passer-bye...Leon...I'd say lock this one!

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 08-06-2019, 06:36 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Understood. I'm just questioning why you called out my "wrong" but not his?

And edited to add: I actually stated fact while he stated opinion.

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 08-06-2019 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:39 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

When someone goes way over the line it does.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2019, 06:40 PM
Jay Cee

Or just keep it on original topic before someone took it off track like a deflection.

I wonder what "person" is being written in when i see certain post/articles.

-First person definition: first person indicates the speaker.
-Second person definition: second person indicates the addressee.
-Third person definition: third person indicates a third party individual other than the speaker.