NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 12-29-2015, 10:59 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Default Will Peyton manning make the HOF ?

So Peyton manning used HGH it's sad but atleast the
Truth came out . Maybe he will be the guy that changes the way
Everyone views PED abusers .

Ps it is funny that he totally Roger clemensed this thing .
His wife was getting it to the house at the same time he was getting neck surgerys lol .
Maybe he just misremembered . Sorry just a slapstick at the end

Last edited by Rookiemonster; 12-29-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:02 PM
Brock

Just curious where's the proof that he used HGH??? Can you show me?
Old 12-29-2015, 06:41 PM
Richard Simon

I agree with Brock.
One very dubious character said Manning is using HGH.
He offered zero proof, no shipping records, no pictures, nothing.
There is a hell of a lot more evidence about Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, etc.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 12-29-2015, 07:32 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

There is a video of the guy who sells HGH saying all the people he has sold to . It is a fact that it was sent to his wife in numerous locations that he and the guyer institute will not deny . The guyer institute was where the HGH was coming from and Manning was going for treatment . Didn't A -roid get suspended for just having his name in the books at a place that did PED stuff . To think manning didn't seems a bit odd to me . A old QB with severe neck problems that are so severe that he needs 4 surgerys . the franchise that he was the face of lets him go .

There's not really anything on Clemens in fact he was found innocent

Last edited by Rookiemonster; 12-29-2015 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:50 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post
There is a video of the guy who sells HGH saying all the people he has sold to . It is a fact that it was sent to his wife in numerous locations that he and the guyer institute will not deny . To think he didn't seems a bit odd to me .
How about lance Armstrong ? Didn't he come out and say he didn't ?
Armstrong denied it for many, many years. Lying became second nature to him.
I am not well versed on all the allegations and statements about Clemens but didn't his best friend Andy Pettite state that Clemens told him he was a user?
I am not saying that Manning is innocent, just that the evidence right now seems thin.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 12-29-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:59 PM
Brock

Quote:
There is a video of the guy who sells HGH saying all the people he has sold to . It is a fact that it was sent to his wife in numerous locations that he and the guyer institute will not deny . The guyer institute was where the HGH was coming from and Manning was going for treatment . Didn't A -roid get suspended for just having his name in the books at a place that did PED stuff . To think manning didn't seems a bit odd to me . A old QB with severe neck problems that are so severe that he needs 4 surgerys . the franchise that he was the face of lets him go .

Man you're right. I didn't know now that in this country we find people guilty because someone said something on a video tape. Then after the thing is released the guy back tracks on everything and turns out the guy wasn't even a employee at that clinic when manning went there for treatment. Also how do we know that Mannings wife didn't need HGH for a medical condition??? Plus HGH wast banned in the NFL till july of 2011.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:50 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
Man you're right. I didn't know now that in this country we find people guilty because someone said something on a video tape. Then after the thing is released the guy back tracks on everything and turns out the guy wasn't even a employee at that clinic when manning went there for treatment. Also how do we know that Mannings wife didn't need HGH for a medical condition??? Plus HGH wast banned in the NFL till july of 2011.
The guy was a intern at the time and he back tracked when unauthorized video of him was released saying he illegally was selling drugs to people . He only denied it because manning got lawyers to call him . Nobody said manning was guilty of anything he just took some Peds I guess it's a glass full or empty things . I don't know about his wife but there are not a lot of reasons that HGH is giving to people . I think it's HIV , growth issues , and recovery .
Old 12-29-2015, 11:31 PM
qu@n nguy3n

of course he's a hof'er, whether it's proven he used hgh or not. he's a well liked public figure who's crafted a clean cut, media-friendly persona the last 20 years. he'll get a pass (he already has, imagine if brady or belichik was involved in something like this right now).
Old 12-30-2015, 10:55 AM
Dave

Yes, Manning will make the HOF on his first attempt. This is what sports journalism has sunk to and people can see right through it.

The guy also named Derek Jeter and a bunch of other athletes who have never been implicated in HGH, Steroids or anything else malicious.

Anything that comes out of anybody's mouth is now "news". Doesn't matter if it's been vetted, or fact checked, or corroborated.

This is a joke of a story.

...........and yes Patriots fans.....Tom Brady will make the HOF in his first attempt to.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:50 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
of course he's a hof'er, whether it's proven he used hgh or not. he's a well liked public figure who's crafted a clean cut, media-friendly persona the last 20 years. he'll get a pass (he already has, imagine if brady or belichik was involved in something like this right now).
So if there is 100% proof of him doing it you think Manning should still be a HOFer ? Not that I think your wrong but what kind of precedent does that set for the youth ? And other athletes in other sports ? Your so spot on about if it was the patriots . It would be a shit storm and ESPN would talk about it 24/7 . The fact that ESPN has done practically nothing with this story says it all . If it is found to be 100% true or not they want him to remain Golden

Last edited by Rookiemonster; 12-30-2015 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:37 PM
Mike P.ap

Default ????

Dustin,

Do you watch the news regularly or just subscribe to Al Jazeera's BS? The guy who accused Manning of wrongdoing came out the night of the report and said he made up the entire story! Come back from Mars and tune into the internet!

100% Hall of Famer. No questions asked.

Peace, Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 12-30-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:08 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
Dustin,

Do you watch the news regularly or just subscribe to Al Jazeera's BS? The guy who accused Manning of wrongdoing came out the night of the report and said he made up the entire story! Come back from Mars and tune into the internet!

100% Hall of Famer. No questions asked.

Peace, Mike
Do live in reality or a fake world with nothing but do gooders ?
He had to retract it ! He didn't want any part of this . He does not want his dark secrets coming out , he doesn't want to get sued , he has no choice but to say oops nah I didn't illegally sell drugs to a multimillionaire. Come on man smh .
Old 12-30-2015, 09:08 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Thanks......

I needed a good laugh and you just supplied myself and whomever else reads your post enough for one night.

Thanks!

Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 12-30-2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:57 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
I needed a good laugh and you just supplied myself and whomever else reads your post enough for one night.

Thanks!

Mike
Well I guess the answer was not reality.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:41 PM
$téve VV1lk

Quote:
He had to retract it ! He didn't want any part of this . He does not want his dark secrets coming out , he doesn't want to get sued , he has no choice but to say oops nah I didn't illegally sell drugs to a multimillionaire. Come on man smh .
Too late.... He's getting sued.

My only qualm with you believing him is this: you state that the guy was a crook and was illegally selling drugs and due to those and other skeletons coming out, he decided to retract his statement. Even if the latter half of that is true, are we now taking the word of the crooked drug dealer over a bunch of guys who (unlike PED users of the 90s) are well aware of the media repercussions of getting caught?

Your argument is completely relying on taking the word of a crooked drug dealer with skeletons in his closest (your paraphrased words). Seems to have little merit.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:44 PM
$téve VV1lk

Quote:
I live in a world where punctuation is followed by a space, but none come before them.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:01 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkiebaby11 View Post
I live in a world where punctuation is followed by a space, but none come before them.
I thought I did as well. But to answer the OP's question, yes Peyton is a first ballot HOFer. I think even if he admitted he used something while recovering from the neck injury he still gets in. But I could be wrong about that.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:24 AM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

FWIW, Clemens was not found innocent, he was found not guilty, and there is a huge distinction. Furthermore, what he was found not guilty of was perjury, which is among the toughest thing in the world to prove in a court since it's very hard to prove what someone knew when they supposedly lied. Clemens was better at age 41 than he was at age 31, or even 21. If you think he was clean you're delusional.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:38 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgo71 View Post
FWIW, Clemens was not found innocent, he was found not guilty, and there is a huge distinction. Furthermore, what he was found not guilty of was perjury, which is among the toughest thing in the world to prove in a court since it's very hard to prove what someone knew when they supposedly lied. Clemens was better at age 41 than he was at age 31, or even 21. If you think he was clean you're delusional.
I don't think he was clean, I just don't care.

The "steroid era" is a myth.

Lyle Alzado fully admitted he started on anabolics in college in 1969. 1969!

If he had access in college in 1969, pro players would have been aware much sooner. The arguments that all your heroes are gods is silly. These are all men.

To increase production, the teams in the 60s and 70s had salad bowls of amphetamines in the locker rooms. To say they would frown on anabolics is crazy.

Nothing has ever been made to increase skill, no drug helps hand to eye. Those that were not taking something, were not doing their job.

To cast away a handful of the many because the media witchhunt singled them out is foolish.

I choose to not care.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:22 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

He not getting sued the net work is getting sued . In 2016 nobody but you and a handful of grammar police care about the way someone composes what they write on a baseball card forum . Your lucky it's not in emojis and short hand . Call me when people start writing in script again .

If you don't believe criminals or drug dealers well that's a issue for you .
Because even the judicial system will belive any one of those people and grant them immunityto say what they know . So that doesn't even hold water . How about murders ? Where would the mob be if not for Sammy the Bull ? Lol
I'm sure Sammy was a stand up kind of guy . How about any time someone is recorded with out there knowing ( and there breaking the law ) that is used as evidence against them .
Old 01-07-2016, 05:26 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Can you show me evidence? Nolan was pretty good at that age ......
He was found not guilty your right . But he was found not guilty of lying about taking Peds if they had anything on him they would have proven he lyed and would have been found him guilty .
Old 01-07-2016, 06:43 AM
Tom Boblitt

I think Manning's a first ballot Hall of Famer for sure. BUT.....when I heard him talking about the situation and he said that maybe his wife had a different regiment than he did, it sounded kind of fishy. It was an odd statement......

The thing that gets me most is that NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, ESPN, etc would all be considered much better news sources for such a story, so why didn't he go to them? If he wanted the story to be taken seriously, I would have thought he'd use what would be perceived as a more reliable source--whether that's really the case or not, the perception in the USA of Al Jazeera is not like a Pulitzer factory or anything...........
Old 01-07-2016, 08:06 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Clemens was better at age 41 than he was at age 31, or even 21. If you think he was clean you're delusional.
Ummm, so was Nolan Ryan. Point???
Old 01-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Ummm, so was Nolan Ryan. Point???
Ummm, just that that's completely unnatural. Ryan didn't string together three seasons of 4+ ERA's before winning 4 Cy Young Awards and posting the lowest ERA of his career at age 42. Clemens got to the point where Boston decided they could let him go, then all of a sudden at an age when his performance should see a natural decline he puts together the most dominant stretch of his career. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though I guess.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
He was found not guilty your right . But he was found not guilty of lying about taking Peds if they had anything on him they would have proven he lyed and would have been found him guilty .
How do you prove someone lied based on what they're accused of lying of? Obviously if they had anything on him, the results would have been different. The unfortunate truth was all they had was, in the end, hearsay. From extremely credible sources, but hearsay nonetheless. Roger did a good job covering his tracks and had great lawyers. If they had something on OJ they would've proved he lied too.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Quote:
He not getting sued the net work is getting sued . In 2016 nobody but you and a handful of grammar police care about the way someone composes what they write on a baseball card forum . Your lucky it's not in emojis and short hand . Call me when people start writing in script again .

Because even the judicial system will belive any one of those people and grant them immunityto say what they know . So that doesn't even hold water . How about murders ? Where would the mob be if not for Sammy the Bull ? Lol
I'm sure Sammy was a stand up kind of guy . How about any time someone is recorded with out there knowing ( and there breaking the law ) that is used as evidence against them .
Interesting comment but in my experience, juries do not like witnesses with criminal records and usually don't believe them. There are, of course, exceptions.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrain View Post
Interesting comment but in my experience, juries do not like witnesses with criminal records and usually don't believe them. There are, of course, exceptions.
Yes there are exceptions but more often then not is a criminal is willing to squeal
On other criminals they take there word .
Old 01-07-2016, 11:54 AM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Again in my humble opinion, in my experience in 34 years as a criminal defense attorney and as a prosecutor having tried over 150 cases before juries, that statement is not accurate.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Again in my humble opinion, in my experience in 34 years as a criminal defense attorney and as a prosecutor having tried over 150 cases before juries, that statement is not accurate.
With all due respect I'm sure if you were able to search a list of cases in which
One criminal testified against someone else . And the judge or jury took his/her word or atleast got the case to go to court that list would be ENDLESS.

Now if you meant you had a person with a prior record be a witness to say you didn't do something/or your a good guy well that is a bit different.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Ok, I give up. But yes, Peyton Manning will be in the Hall of Fame as soon as he is eligible.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:39 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Talking

Quote:
Ok, I give up. But yes, Peyton Manning will be in the Hall of Fame as soon as he is eligible.
Agreed
Old 01-07-2016, 06:23 PM
$téve VV1lk

Quote:

Grammar is important. I wasn't trying to be a grammar police, I just have never seen anyone else ever put a space before their punctuation. I found it a little amusing. Also, grammar, at the very least, saves everyone a little time from trying to decipher the thoughts that you are trying to relay. It also makes you look not unintelligent when you actually can use your native language correctly.

If your typing and grammar look unintelligent, people normally make the assumption that your thoughts probably are too.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:25 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkiebaby11 View Post
Grammar is important. I wasn't trying to be a grammar police, I just have never seen anyone else ever put a space before their punctuation. I found it a little amusing. Also, grammar, at the very least, saves everyone a little time from trying to decipher the thoughts that you are trying to relay. It also makes you look not unintelligent when you actually can use your native language correctly.

If your typing and grammar look unintelligent, people normally make the assumption that your thoughts probably are too.
Steve-

As the son of an English teacher, I applaud your reminders. With a little effort, perhaps we can save a few even if it is only one at a time.

Keep up the 'red pen' corrections,
Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 01-08-2016, 04:59 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Steve-

As the son of an English teacher, I applaud your reminders. With a little effort, perhaps we can save a few even if it is only one at a time.

Keep up the 'red pen' corrections,
Raymond
As the husband of an English Professor, I spend a fair percentage of my week receiving reminders of my perceived slights of the English language.

However, as a supervisor in the financial sector who has numerous fresh college grads coming in regularly, the decimation of a comprehensive written thought is a common occurrence. I often feel like I should have bruises from smacking my head on the desk after proofing some of the correspondence going out.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:52 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Ok , I get it lol unfortunately I'm not related to a English teacher .
Old 01-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Peter Spaeth

Didn't Roger claim it was his wife who was using HGH also?
Old 01-08-2016, 11:52 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Didn't Roger claim it was his wife who was using HGH also?
Sure did
Old 01-18-2016, 05:58 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

IMO best QB in NFL history and will make HOF 1st try prob 100% votes - no proof he did hgh
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:18 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
IMO best QB in NFL history and will make HOF 1st try prob 100% votes - no proof he did hgh
Peyton is great but it was weird watching the game yesterday knowing he has zero escapability, unless he fakes falling down to then get up and throw the ball....

when seeing Newton/Rogers/Wilson running around and even carson palmer avoiding so many sacks....makes the O-Line of Denver so much more important...
Old 01-18-2016, 09:48 AM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Peyton is great but it was weird watching the game yesterday knowing he has zero escapability, unless he fakes falling down to then get up and throw the ball....

when seeing Newton/Rogers/Wilson running around and even carson palmer avoiding so many sacks....makes the O-Line of Denver so much more important...
I'm sure when Rogers/newton/wilson are 39/40, they won't be running around much anymore.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:40 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Quote:
Agreed

I am glad it's cleared up that Peyton is a HoF quarterback and we are all in agreement. Not that there was any question to begin with. ..
Old 01-18-2016, 11:48 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
I am glad it's cleared up that Peyton is a HoF quarterback and we are all in agreement. Not that there was any question to begin with. ..
Yup but if you ask me Pete rose is a "hall of fame" baseball player .
Old 01-19-2016, 01:02 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
I'm sure when Rogers/newton/wilson are 39/40, they won't be running around much anymore.
Manning, and Brady, have also always gotten rid of the ball very quickly. Decisiveness has as much, if not more to do with avoiding sacks than does elusiveness.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:37 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
Manning, and Brady, have also always gotten rid of the ball very quickly. Decisiveness has as much, if not more to do with avoiding sacks than does elusiveness.
Dan Marino was by no means a mobile QB . But he had the best intuition I ever seen . With one step forward , back or to either side he gave him self new life .
This is a lost art in the NFL . Eli , Peyton are statues and always have been . There father was a great moble QB . I guess not everything gets passed down ( pun intended ) .

Last edited by Rookiemonster; 01-19-2016 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:32 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Dan Marino was by no means a mobile QB . But he had the best intuition I ever seen . With one step forward , back or to either side he gave him self new life .
This is a lost art in the NFL . Eli , Peyton are statues and always have been . There father was a great moble QB . I guess not everything gets passed down ( pun intended ) .
Funny, I was going to mention Marino in there too... super quick release and decisive. Warner was similar, though never as good evading the rush.

I agree regarding importance of those short shuffle steps, however partly disagree regarding Peyton. He always had very good feet, especially when he was young. Brady, who is also super slow in a straight line, has always had quick nimble feet in the pocket as well. There are shuffle drills being hammered into modern QBs (similar to how coaches drill DBs on their drops-- back pedal, left, right, left, etc, then drive to the ball), idea being to allow them to evade rush with minimal effort/movement, while always, always remaining in position to keep eyes down field and throw.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:29 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Quote:
Yup but if you ask me Pete rose is a "hall of fame" baseball player .
Rose's stats are HoF. We know why he's not in the Hall though.