NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 12-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Brandon

Default Early 1980's Presentation Football Question

My apologies for this not being a card question....I have somebody selling a couple of Presentation Footballs from an NFL team in the early 1980's. The Ball shows each season's complete record which I presume it was presented after the end of each season. The balls were presented to a member of the coaching staff rather than an actual player. The balls have the names of the entire roster on them. I'd like to make an offer to him but not sure what they might be worth? Any ideas of what would be a fair offer? Thanks for any help provided.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:42 AM
P.hil €lli$

Before you can even begin to come up with a value, you need to disclose which team and which year the footballs are from.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgellis View Post
Before you can even begin to come up with a value, you need to disclose which team and which year the footballs are from.
Thanks for your response Phil...they are both from the St Louis Cardinals in 1983 and 1984 or 85 I believe.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:33 PM
Brandon

There is actually one on ebay right now that looks nearly identical that was given as a game ball to a player in 1979. The seller is asking $1295 which seems very high priced to me but maybe that's a fairly accurate market value?
Old 12-31-2012, 01:02 PM
P.hil €lli$

Hey Brandon.

That's a little tough to put an accurate figure on the footballs your interested in without a photo, but the reason I asked which team it was because obviously if they won the Super Bowl that year or their conference, it would add to the value.

A presentation ball to a particular player would be valued higher than the balls you are talking about because usually he is the "player of the game" so to speak. If it is a presentation ball to a HOFer, then obviously the value increases. I think $1295 is a bit high for that ball on eBay.

Back to the balls you are interested in. There's no way to tell how many of those balls they gave out to the coaching staff, etc., since they seem rather "generic".

But, since the mid-1980s Cardinals were not a very good team, my best guess would be about $250-$300 per ball if they are in great shape.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:09 PM
Brandon

Thanks for all the help Phil...that value is more in line with what I was thinking. Brandon